[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is FOX obsessed with animated family sitcoms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

Why is FOX obsessed with animated family sitcoms?
>>
Because of The Simpsons.
>>
>>95068527
>>95068550
/thread
>>
Since the thread is already over, what should we talk about now?
>>
They can dissect and eventually tear apart the traditional family with bombardment of their anti-family values.

The 'dumb incapable but lovable father' figure was funny 20 years ago because it was ironic, now it's common. There are no father figures today as capable as those adults 40 years ago.
>>
>>95068527
High lows and low highs.
>>
>>95068612
I dunno, soap?
I like soap
>>
because whenever they go outside the mould nobody watches

Greg the Bunny
Sit Down Shut Up
Allen Gregory
High School USA
Golan the Insatiable
Axe Cop
Stone Quackers
Major Lazer
Golan the Insatiable the reboot
>>
>>95072382
Over half of those shows were on Fox's shitty attempt at making an adult animated programming block for FXX when they were trying to sell the channel as an edgier FX
>>
>>95072477
they showed them on fox at the same time slot as toonami. nobody tuned in so they moved it to fxx
>>
>>95068527
Because it works
>>
>>95071734
Bar or liquid?
>>
money
>>
File: IMG_4993.jpg (91KB, 968x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4993.jpg
91KB, 968x749px
>>95068612
they made ann richards hot in KotH
>>
>>95068527
They make money?
>>
File: Buhonova.jpg (296KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Buhonova.jpg
296KB, 560x560px
>>95075158
Damn right they did...
>>
>>95068527
It's strange that Simpsons set the bar for primetime animation but at the same time doomed it to repetition. Sitcom families. People have tried to get up there and fight with the best of them and only few have survived.

Meanwhile anime just does whatever anime does, I remember when I was a kid the science fiction and action angles really pulled me in, now they seem to be doing this cute girls doing cute things routine. Where are we headed next? What's gonna be the next trend?
>>
>>95072630
Not that anon, but I prefer bars. They are cheap and last a good while, even when I use them during a shower instead of the usual gel.
>>
>>95077159
This. Also, you can take old bars that you've warn down, and squish them into new ones.
>>
>>95072382
Axe Cop was 10/10
>>
>>95068527
Why do people keep watching Mcfarlane's shows? They're horrible. Also modern simpsons.
>>
>>95068612
The implications of Chuck selling his store to Sneed and how it affects the local economy.
>>
For 20 bucks, I could suck your cock with the windows rolled up.
>>
>>95072382
Out of all of those Allen Gregory and Sit Down Shut Up were notoriously hated. Not for the ideas but just that they were almost universally considered to be horrible shows (sit down got it extra hard though for coming on right after King of the Hill ended though so everyone saw it as an attempted replacement by default). They make a few new animated sitcoms and live action sitcoms every year and very few rarely succeed, it is not about staing in the box a lot of new Fox shows are either viewed unfavorably or given the boot before they even have a chance while those that go on just got lucky. At this point this is just a recurring joke about the network.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>95068550
>Family Guy crossover
-It lasts an hour, yay
-Homer and Peter fight
-Bart and Stewie aren't friends
-Families separate on bittersweet terms because SAME BEER

>Futurama
-30 minutes, hmm
-characters work better together
-but the rest of the Futurama cast get only up to 2 turns to say something
-Seymour the dog was in Springfield somehow and they missed him
>>
>>95077155
Anime has more different genres like moe SOL, meccha, harem, those fighting shounen shows and magical girl shows. Western cartoons have 3 main genres I can think of, action cartoons (like Generater Rex or something I guess), children's comedies (which often have talking animals or primary schooler characters, eg Kenny the Shark) and comedy shows for adults.
>>
Isn't American Dad on TBS nowadays? What do you think of the TBS seasons? Too much like Family Guy?
>>
File: peter gifn.png (142KB, 620x426px) Image search: [Google]
peter gifn.png
142KB, 620x426px
>>95078195
>SAME BEER!?
>>
>>95077155
>Meanwhile anime just does whatever anime does, I remember when I was a kid the science fiction and action angles really pulled me in, now they seem to be doing this cute girls doing cute things routine.

Go to myanimelist search a genre you want. Thank me later
>>
File: 1504201506840.jpg (55KB, 640x408px) Image search: [Google]
1504201506840.jpg
55KB, 640x408px
>>95077579
I wonder what that means...
>>
>>95080474
It was good at first, but I feel it's just hit-and-miss now. Steve episodes range from meh to shit, and they keep trying to push Snot.
>>
>>95072382
Greg the Bunny: Good
Sit Down Shut Up: Mediocre
Allen Gregory: Godawful
High School USA: Decent
Golan the Insatiable: Amazing
Axe Cop: Good
Stone Quackers: Abysmal
Major Lazer: Bad
Golan the Insatiable the reboot: Good
>>
>>95082072
>they keep trying to push Snot
I haven't really noticed this. I don't think there's even been a Snot episode this season
>>
>>95068647
I'm sorry you had a shitty dad anon and that it's the reason you think your life is so horrible.
>>
>>95077548
American Dad is pretty good.
>>
>>95072382
>Sit Down Shut Up
What was the point of remaking a short-lived Australian show from 2001 as a cartoon?
>>
>>95080504
that video was better than the actual episode
>>
>>95083707
It's about the same kind of comedy as Family Guy, I don't understand why it's a meme to like that one but hate the other.
>>
>>95085012
American Dad is much less vulgar and try-hard, and in general, they treat their main characters with more respect.
>>
>>95085798
>American Dad is much less vulgar
Every other joke is a sex joke. I think the idiots here got confused because the main character is conservative so they started pretending they like it.
>and try-hard
That's my Seth.
>>
>>95077159
>>95077202
I'm more of a liquid guy, it's easier for me
>>
>>95085817
Yeah, American Dad is vulgar, but not AS vulgar. American Dad is way more toned-down than Family Guy in a lot of aspects.
>>
>>95085012

American Dad (or at least, the best parts of American Dad) focuses less on the jokes/cutaways and more on the plot and characters
>>
>>95068527
Better question

Why didn't NBC, CBS or ABC invest more money into animated sitcoms? I know that everything they tried failed but they could've kept trying.
>>
>>95085932
they stuck to their strenghts instead of me-tooing fox
>>
>>95068527
It's the only thing they know how to make.
>>
>>95077159
I used to be all about that liquid until I tried bars. Way better. Usually less weird chemical smell, and it feels kinda wholesome as well.
>>
>>95068527
are you fucking retarded? The answer is >>95068550

The Simpsons saved their network so the network is obsessed with finding a new 'The Simpsons'.

on a less specific note, cartoons only age when you want them to (and you can even de-age them if you want) so you never have to worry about a 30 year old man playing a college student in a long-running series. Or the cute kid growing up to be an awkward teenager. Maggie's been a baby for thirty years and all they've ever needed was that stock pacifier sound effect.
>>
>>95068527
Why are obese imbecile Americans obsessed with animated family sitcoms?
>>
>>95086427
>Maggie's been a baby for thirty years and all they've ever needed was that stock pacifier sound effect.

not so fast
https://youtu.be/61SV9UQSsa4?t=34s
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.