[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you sell casuals on this team?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: JSA.jpg (211KB, 915x465px) Image search: [Google]
JSA.jpg
211KB, 915x465px
How do you sell casuals on this team?
>>
>>95062758

Point them at the Robinson/Johns/Goyer run and let them have at it.

It was actually how I got interested in the DCU as a whole, rather than just following specific characters.
>>
>>95062758

A multi-generational team that combines the idealism and classic style of the old Golden Age heroes, with new ideas and varied concepts from modern stories seamlessly. It stretches through almost every corner and angle of the DCU and its long history, and yet the best runs with the team don't require a whole lot of background information to be enjoyable.

The story of the JSA is really the story of the DCU itself. Following those characters and their legacies I think is a better way to understand where it came from, and how it developed over time than following the main Justice League.
>>
>>95062758
Get rid of Ross on art. They look like the worst live action possible and add on a overly glossy and uncanny valley on top. Yuck.
>>
>>95062758

I once got my kind of casual friend (he had read some Batman and a few other things) to read the Robinson/Johns run by telling him that it's all of the most badass nazi killing heroes of World War 2 who have come back to teach the new generation of heroes how to take care of business, and also explained that it would give him exposure to really the full breadth and depth of the DC universe and make him familiar with the 80 years of history that modern DC draws from. He ended up really enjoying it and is no longer a casual.

Maxine is best girl and my waifu btw
>>
>>95062758
You can't, casuals aren't into classic Golden Age heroes. They like "cool" edgy stuff like Batman, Wolverine and Marvel.
>>
>>95062957
How new reader friendly is that run? It's been way too long since I last read it and I have some difficulty in knowing which runs are new reader friendly and which aren't.
>>
>>95062758
Impossible, they look too goofy in the age of tacticool.
>>
>>95062758
Try convince me. I am pretty casual. Which one is the NEET hero?
>>
>>95063596
Could work. HIpsters can enjoy things ironical, The Flash-guy with a silly helmet would be perfect for them.
>>
>>95062758
In my case i got into jsa due Captain Marvel and Black Adam playing parts in some of the arcs, since i was a fan of the Shazam family they got me into reading the rest of the JSA.
>>
>>95062758
add big titties
>>
>>95062758
Add more minorities and at least ten Batman characters.
>>
>>95062957
Same here, I was a huge Marvelfag till I read JSA and now I'm a DChad. I even started going to the gym and losing weight, once I started reading more and more DC stuff.
>>
Give them Robinson's Golden Age TPB
>>
>>95062758
Small roster, and add a Bat character if i may suggest one Thomas Wayne
>>
>>95062957
I feel like I'm one of the few people who couldn't get into the Johns run. Does it get better as it goes on because after 20 issues I gave up.
>>
>>95063734
>NEET
>heroes
kek
>>
>>95062758
find some shit artist from tumblr and put it on the book
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.