[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YOU WILL HELP TO DESTROY THEM DIANA..... OR YOU WILL DIE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 17

File: ares.jpg (23KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
ares.jpg
23KB, 640x340px
YOU WILL HELP TO DESTROY THEM DIANA.....

OR YOU WILL DIE
>>
>>95055230
The beard looked dumb. literally a perfect design and they had to ruin it with a gay beard.
>>
>>95055238
*drops a tank on you*
>>
>>95055238
i was in denial thinking Ares was controlling that guy and then the flashback happened
>>
He was a pretty good villain.

Or maybe my standards are too low since the other movie supervillains this year are Ego the retarded planet(I killed your mommy for no reason please don't betray me thanks) and that retarded wolverine clone without personality.
>>
>>95055500
I thought he was terrible. Even more so then the usual cape villains. His motivations was basically "I'm evil"
>>
>>95055230

You can really tell what parts Snyder wrote, huh?
>>
>>95055500
It was a retarded twist.
The movie would have been a thousand times better if Ares didn't actually exist.
>>
>>95055611

The movie has no third act without Ares. Dr Poison and her dumb plane wasn't enough.

Making Ares a Lucifer-like being of seduction was a strong choice, and if that had been what the third act was about it'd be a million times better. If it had just been Diana's trance lasting longer, and maybe her losing her mind in rage until she breaks out of it and kills Ares, it'd be a great finale.

Professor Lupin's head being green-screened onto Hulk Hogan's body and throwing CGI knives was not.
>>
>>95055611
This. The entire climax could've been removed and the movie would've improved overall.
>>
File: yhri021.jpg (362KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
yhri021.jpg
362KB, 1200x1845px
>>95055584
He's literally the god of violence and bloodshed. What did you expect from him?
>>
File: marsresting.jpg (44KB, 300x583px) Image search: [Google]
marsresting.jpg
44KB, 300x583px
plebians.
>>
>>95055693

Maybe if he actually looked like that we'd have something. Not a 50 year old British stage actor with a dumb moustache stapled onto a CGI body.
>>
File: supermandceu.jpg (33KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
supermandceu.jpg
33KB, 600x300px
>>95055270
*kills you with only the air pressure generated by swinging my arm*
>>
>>95055500
2017 had the worst villains, even Vulture was fucking terrible.
>>
>>95055611
It was actually a good twist, they made him pretty manipulative and his plan more complex than of the average villain,he pretty much caused WW2 and almost made it be full weapons of mass destruction
>>
>>95055724
Sorry but your comment looks like full shitpost at this point.
>>
>>95055751
they are all better than Aldrich
>>
File: Ares (1).jpg (54KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ares (1).jpg
54KB, 800x450px
You need not worry for me...this carnage feeds my soul! Every arrow shot and life wasted strengthens me, so that not even a woman scorned will save mankind from my wrath!

For you may be the queen of the Amazons, BUT I AM THE GOD OF WAR!
>>
I really doubt that guy needed help destroying anyone
>>
>>95055886

Does anyone else hate that the Iron Man series wasted Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer?? He should have been main villains for 2 and 3, and onward.
>>
File: Whipping.webm (3MB, 1600x662px) Image search: [Google]
Whipping.webm
3MB, 1600x662px
>>95055500
No. The entire last act was fucking awful
>>
File: tumblr_o78kwa3M0T1spiusno1_500.gif (2MB, 470x264px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o78kwa3M0T1spiusno1_500.gif
2MB, 470x264px
>>95055739
Wrong capeshit, senpai.
>>
>>95056052
>Weebshit
>>
>>95055784
It was shit because it hinged so very fucking much on coincidence. What are the odds that the one guy who ends up on Themyscira personally knows Ares and takes Diana straight to him at the earliest opportunity without knowing about it?
>>
>>95055793
What does that even mean? David Thewlis was miscast and Ares being literally evil doesn't make him special. He wasn't even menacing.
>>
The movie was good until that point.
>>
>>95056039
They still haven't quite got the hang of making superpowered movements look powerful and believable at the same time.

It doesn't look bad, but it's just not quite right.

I like that the Snyder/DCEU approach to superpowered movements is actually really fast and, well, superhuman-looking, but it's definitely not going to age well.

There must be a good reason why live-action movies can't just imitate animated fights. From my uninformed perspective it seems like such an obvious thing to just copy what makes animations look so powerful and cool: the smear/blur, perspective shifts, etc. When a fight is pretty much all CGI anyway, you'd think you could use all the techniques animators use to make fights look good. But then I don't know shit.

In another 10 years, I'm sure it'll be mostly figured out and live-action superpowers will look fucking incredible.
>>
>>95055420
I called ares identity early in the movie but then changed my mind like a retard.
>>
>>95055500
I agree.
>>
It would have been dumb if he started wars but he just keeps them going and provides wrapons which is cool.
It was great.
>>
>>95055230
that mustache he had looked really dumb when he went full Ares mode. They really should have just like cloaked his face in darkness or something.
>>
>>95056039

Steve's sacrifice is good, and I enjoyed the fight scene between Ares and Diana even if Ares was a bit of a weak villain
>>
File: ares.jpg (42KB, 638x339px) Image search: [Google]
ares.jpg
42KB, 638x339px
>>95056328
>>
>>95055500
They decided to be more like Marvel, which sort of worked out for them but gave them a stupid uninteresting villain. Meanwhile GotG got more creative and got a fun villain whose relationship to the hero you care about.
>>
>>95056039
I was so fucking bored during the cg-fest at the end.
Wonderwoman pretty much killed superhero movies for me.
>>
File: 1417831103362.jpg (53KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1417831103362.jpg
53KB, 600x300px
>>95056405
>>
File: Ares-VS-Wonder-Woman.jpg (736KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ares-VS-Wonder-Woman.jpg
736KB, 1400x700px
>>95056289
I think they should have tied it in more to how unfair peace treaty terms were part of what laid the seed of WW2, but otherwise the mild mannered government head worked for me up until the CGI fight.

>>95056328
Agreed. If you have to have a CGI fight, then go all the way and cloak his face.

I know they spent the money on the actor on want everyone to know it's him, but at that point it just looked like a face pasted on a cartoon body.
>>
such accuracy
>>
>>95056405
Yep.
I actually forgot how bad it looked until now.

There's having a disappointing looking bad guy and then there's having a disappointing looking bad guy WHEN YOU'VE BEEN BUILDING HIS APPEARANCE UP THE WHOLE MOVIE

How can they be this stupid?
>>
>>95056429
>they should have tied it in more to how unfair peace treaty terms were part of what laid the seed of WW2
Oh that would have been cool.
>>
Say what you will about the character but I don't understand why people did not like the final fight.
It felt like he was a god.
>>
Am I the only one who actually loved the idea of Ares disguising as a British gentleman and him rather tempting humanity into wars, rather than directly causing them? Yeah, the look wasn't entirely on point and the actual fight was shit, but I have nothing against this version of character in general.

The main problem for me was that the ending was fucking nonsensical and contradictory to the rest of the movie.
> from the beginning of the movie everyone including the audience calls bullshit on the whole "Ares is causing the war" thing, because we know the matter is not that simple
>WW kills the wrong guy and we're only ensured in this
>Ares turns out to actually exist, but only confirms it himself that humanity is causing the war, not him
>and yet, when he dies everyone just immediately loses the will to fight, the sun shines, the war ends and it's happy end all around
Everything that was needed is maybe a slightly longer sequence showing the war slowly and gradually losing momentum and ending over the course of next few weeks/months, showing that indeed human aspect was deeply involved and the matter more complicated for it to immediately make more sense
>>
File: David_Thewlis_1.jpg (141KB, 850x1304px) Image search: [Google]
David_Thewlis_1.jpg
141KB, 850x1304px
>>95055230
God that sucked so much.

I mean I get that he needed to play the british militaryman and he's perfect for that. But even with all the CGI effects... this face is just simply NOT the face of a god of war.
>>
>>95056662

It was like watching a bad God of War cutscene.

Apparently being a god means you have Magneto powers and can throw swords a lot.
>>
>>95056687
And what did you expect him to do?
>>
>>95056720

I don't know, I'm not a screenwriter. Make him more cosmically powerful.

I mean fucking hell, even Apocalypse in that dumb movie had crazy matter-shifting powers, mind control, super-speed, etc.

All Ares did was the exact same shit Doomsday did but with more swords.
>>
>>95056052
DCEU Superman does this, somehow. See his bull-rushes with Zod which cause physically impossible shockwaves that create giant craters or collapse skyscrapers.
>>
>>95056675
I agree expect I think the fight was more bad than outright shit.
>>
File: 1320704735032.jpg (25KB, 314x295px) Image search: [Google]
1320704735032.jpg
25KB, 314x295px
>>95056675
You nailed it. Exactly how I felt.
>>
I like that the fight had a bondage scene.
>>
Chinless professor lupin in a cg can was silly. Worst part of the movie.
>>
>>95056745
>I mean fucking hell, even Apocalypse in that dumb movie had crazy matter-shifting powers, mind control, super-speed, etc.

So did Ares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mqF63Ufj_4
>>
>>95056794
I should clarify. I did not find it hot but it was a nice nod to her past.
>>
>>95056675

>Am I the only one who actually loved the idea of Ares disguising as a British gentleman and him rather tempting humanity into wars, rather than directly causing them?

The concept was good, but it went out the window when he became Store Brand Sauron with a Ned Flanders moustache.

I honestly would have preferred it if he had just stayed in his little old British man jacket and floated around. At least that would have been better then his dumb tin can outfit.
>>
>>95056675
Movie should have ended at the noment of ares death.
>>
>>95056826
>his dumb tin can outfit

I liked that he literally formed his armor out of the twisted shards of the weapons of war inside a raging fire.

Very thematic.
>>
>>95055230
WW: "I believe in love"
>shoots ancient greek laser beam at Ares and disintegrates him.
0/10 no loving submission
>>
>>95056878

It's a cool idea in concept, I agree.
>>
What if the movie ended like Perez's run, where Wonder Woman used the lasso to show Ares the insanity of his plan and he just gives up?

But then again, he didn't really have a plan. He wasn't making anyone fight. He was just giving them ideas on how to better kill each other, something they probably would figure out how to do without him.
>>
File: Toy-Fair-2017-Mattel-DC-029[1].jpg (181KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
Toy-Fair-2017-Mattel-DC-029[1].jpg
181KB, 2048x1362px
>>95055230
they really should have stuck with this design
>>
I would have admired the directors audacity if they had just said "fuck it" and turned Ares' alter-ego in Douglas Haig.
I mean, they were already fucking with Ludendorf, who was a real historical figure.
>>
>>95057020
wasn't that used in the flashback for five seconds? when zeus wrecks him?
>>
>>95056039
Most of those thrown objects aren't even aimed at Wonder Woman.
Is he supposed to be throwing them at her lasso for some reason?
>>
>>95055793
>your criticism that many people in this thread are echoing and that anybody who watched the movie probably thought is a shitpost

I thought it was Marvelfags who were drones.
>>
>>95056879
Yeah, that was fucking weird.
>>
File: MUTEKI COMPLETE.gif (1MB, 500x215px) Image search: [Google]
MUTEKI COMPLETE.gif
1MB, 500x215px
>>95055230
I'll clear this war with no continues!
>>
>>95055500
Everything is awful
Life sucks
the soup I am having right now is cold, and it is not even fucking Gulash
>>
>>95055500

>Not understanding that the planet called Ego killed someone out of egotistical fanaticism

This is as retarded as the Mirai Nikki threads on /a/.

>Hey there's a god character called Deus Ex Machina
>Why do the plot twists make no sense?
>>
>>95055739

Not a god. 0 damage, stats don't matter.

Its like werewolves: silver or nothing.
>>
>>95056237

A problem I see is that the superhuman feats are uneven. Go back and look at the whip webm earlier in the thread. Ares is only moving fast enough to give Diana something cool to do. Despite both being superhuman gods, she is clearly faster than him and it makes all of his attacks look fake as fuck. He's fast when he moves, but he has all of these awkward periods of pause for no reason but to give Diana enough time to do everything.

Its bad fight choreography.
>>
>>95056646

Yeah. Ares pushing for peace makes a lot more sense if you take a look at history and make it so he is intentionally SABOTAGING long term peace so that they get to have an even better war in a few years after everyone has had a chance to catch their breath.
>>
>>95061090
This simply not excuse his stupidity, Ego knew how mortal react to those situations yet he didn't know how Starlord would even though he did something so brutal to him.

Ego was one of the most badly written villains in movie history.
>>
>>95056745

They could have even stuck with 'flying swords' shit and make it cooler. "Dude attacks you with a bazillion flying swords" is something anime has made look cool for years. You just have to go all-in on it.
>>
>>95062659
>Ego knew how mortal react to those situations
Did he? My reading was different.
>>
>>95055500
I mean,he was a piece of shit,but you´re right,he was better than ego and the cliche Logan villains
>>
>>95062790
Dude it doesnt matter what being of the universe you are, you dont go and brag about putting a tumor in the head of your puppet´s loved one JUST AS HES ABOUT TO HELP YOU TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE.
I mean he could have said it at least AFTER he took over everything.
Ego is dumb
>>
>>95062506
>only a god can kill a god
back to dragonball super fag
>>
>>95060065
>Gulash
>soup
What?
>>
They just needed to give him cgi shadows on his face, red eyes, and a spooky modulation on his voice and it would have been fine.

Not great, not amazing, but utterly acceptable, like the rest of the movie.

But instead, I couldn't stop laughing at him, especially when he went full Palpatine and they revealed that Ares has always been a posh dude with a broomhandle mustache.
>>
>>95062898
I think he meant gazpacho soup.
>>
>>95062944
What was wrong with is voice? His voice was totally fine.
>>
>>95062843
Do you often find yourself using subterfuge on your pets?
A narcissistic superiority complex comes with honesty because you don't see the need to feel shame or censor yourself to inferior people.
>>
>>95062843
Except in his mind, he perceived himself as a victim here. He just HAD to sacrifice his beloved one to complete his marvellous plan. He probably legitimately though that Peter would take pity in him after he would say that.
>>
>>95056675
I mean, the war was over anyways. Are you forgetting that the German guy was like the last dude fighting? When Dr. Poison died, German general died, the plane blew up and Ares died, why would they even keep fighting? That was it, that was the last attempt at keeping the war going.
>>
>>95062790
>be a godlike being with massive intelect
>live with mortals for many years
>don't know their most basic reactions
Ego is an awful character even for MCU villain standards
>>
I can't take that fucking stache.
>>
>>95063088
>Except in his mind, he perceived himself as a victim here
Because his "mind" makes no sense since he's a terribly written character
>>
>>95055693

In the comics he actually has sort of a personality, when written well.
>>
>>95055584
His motivations are that humans are flawed and destructive by nature and will always be, the only way to preserve the world and achieving peace is getting rid of them.

His ideals are far more complex than Thanos(love me gurllll) or Loki(gibe gibe power hur hurrr)
>>
>>95063514
Yes, and is motivations are still usually "I'm a dick because I'm literally the incarnation of violence"
>>
>>95063610
Come on anon, I actually didn't mind movie Ares, but something like that is pretty much baby first attempt at writing a "deep" villain.
>>
>>95056039
better than average MCU capeshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6tQ-SWGGE
>>
>>95063645
Yeah he's bland by normal movie villains standards but lets compare him to every MCU/DCEU villain and you will see he's more complex than most.
>>
>>95056237
i mean, you don't want the actors to literally turn into cartoons when the fighting starts, you have to try to keep them relatively realistic looking

essentially it's all held back by the fact that that normie adults are perfectly willing to go see what essentially ends up being a CG action cartoon, but only if it's edited in with real people in the breaks between the action. It's a meaningless distinction that just makes it all worse than it could be.
>>
>>95056248
I honestly thought he was British dude and the German guy, because I haven't read Wonder Woman I don't know how hard it is for a god to get from one place to another, or why they couldn't technically split themselves
>>
>>95056405
Look how easy that was WB. That's all I wanted
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.