[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jared Leto Is Shocked and Upset by Joker Origin Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1742.jpg (108KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1742.jpg
108KB, 640x640px
How soon until it's confirm that Jared Leto joker use to be Tim Drake? DC like teasing Robin becoming joker a lot recently.
http://movieweb.com/joker-origin-movie-jared-leto-response/

http://nerdist.com/joker-movie-leonardo-dicaprio-scorsese-dceu/
>>
>People really think Jared Leto looks so much younger than Ben Affleck
Get your fucking eyes checked.
>>
>>95053464

>implying I care about Leto's feelings after acting like a weapons-grade faggot to everyone in order to "get in character" for the fucking Joker
>>
Please let's not make Jared Leto's opinion matter, his Joker was an abomination.
>>
>>95053922
I found it amusing to read about in the lead-up to Suicide Squad. Like so many of the movies in the DCEU, the gossip around the movie was more entertaining than the actual film.
>>
>>95053464
"The UN is the real Suicide Squad and Israel is Amanda Waller." What did Leto mean by this?
>>
File: IMG_1994.jpg (126KB, 299x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1994.jpg
126KB, 299x456px
>>95053464
I literally cringed while reading that. I hate how the joker has been turned into this insufferable hot topic edgelord. I miss it when he would make smiling fish or throw pies filled with joker venom into peoples faces
>>
They probably didn't want him back because of all of the method acting he did for the first movie.
>>
>>95053983
He does this all the time.

>“If I die anytime soon, it’s probably likely that it’ll surface somewhere. That’s the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out.”

>As IGN left the room we told Leto we hope he doesn’t die anytime soon, to which he rather darkly responded “We all die.”
>>
>>95053464
I think Leto's Joker is dogshit, and the very idea of a Joker origin movie is fucking retarded. So much for leaving it up for speculation, no, lets fucking make a concrete origin for causals to eat up
>>
>>95053983
I'm shocked and upset at WB OP.
>>95053922
>>95053923
Since when did it become his fault?
>>
File: 1499570609532.jpg (257KB, 622x998px) Image search: [Google]
1499570609532.jpg
257KB, 622x998px
They should make joker a black woman.. played by jamie foxx. 99+1 on rt confirmed.
>>
>>95053464
Giving joker an origin movie is stupid
>>
>>95054033
I think most are so hard on Leto because of his method acting bullshit. All the shit he pulled didnt benefit his role, all it did was drum up headlines to market the movie. He was just this weird asshole who did things behind camera
>>
>keep pushing this stupid fucking Joker used to be Robin narrative

> even though it make 0 fucking sense

>even though Leto Joker has never been shown to be able to fight or know martial arts of any kind
> shut the fuck up
>>
>>95053464

>How soon until it's confirm that Jared Leto joker use to be Tim Drake? DC like teasing Robin becoming joker a lot recently.

Well, how did they teased it?

Leto is Joker, just like that. Just like Jessie was Lex despite our opinions.
>>
>>95053983
Thank Ledger for that not Leto.
>>
>>95054033

He chose to pull that character actor horseshit, it's on him for how he acted.

>inb4 it's about the process man

Jared Leto isn't Dustin Hoffman or Daniel Day Lewis. He is not some master of the form who needs to find a very specific process in order to unlock his true potential. He's fucking Jared Leto, and The Joker is not some incredible stretch of your acting chops that causes you to become a totally different person.

And his Joker was shit anyway. He came off like a Juggalo doing bad cosplay, there wasn't any menace form his performance.

>inb4 THERE WASN'T ENOUGH TIME

Watch the gangster meeting scene in TDK. That's what...three, four minutes long? And that was enough time on its own to make an impression.
>>
>>95054116
Why do people care about this shit.
>REEEEEE Leto sent Will Smith a used condom

Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>95054072

It's as stupid as giving Han Solo an origin movie. Half the character's appeal is their mysterious past.
>>
>>95054136

Because I had to hear about it for months while Jeto was making a clown of himself trying to prove he was a big-boy actor and not an insufferable prettyboy who tricked people into thinking his Dallas Buyers Club performance wasn't an embarrassment.

It's called basic respect.
>>
>>95054141
Shut ur fucking mouth bitch or i'll fuck ur mum in her mysterious past.
>>
>>95054141
Agreed
>>
>>95054136
Thats the thing, nobody does care. It didnt help his performance, and its just irrelevant shit that some try to argue helped Leto "get in character". For a guy claiming to go to great lengths to understand the character, he came off knowing jack shit. And yeah, Joker's character has always been inconsistent, but none of what he did had any basis towards his performance
>>
>>95053922
You know 99% of that was fake, right?
>>
>>95054012
Him dying would be Randy stair tier. No one will remember anything good from him
>>
I wonder how his mother will react to this turn of events?
>>
>>95054250
not him but actually I think this rumor that he's angry is pure publicity and fake too
>>
>>95054014
But... we know Joker's origin story...
>>
>>95055137
Which one?
>>
>>95055146
Does it matter?
>>
File: the pizza is aggressive.jpg (60KB, 412x627px) Image search: [Google]
the pizza is aggressive.jpg
60KB, 412x627px
>>95053464
>Movie so edgy Joker's gonna freak
>>
>>95053464
I actually kind of like the idea of a "crap Joker", like one who tries really hard to seem crazy and unpredictable, but is actually just an annoying dork.
>>
>>95054100
Heath Ledger's Joker was great. You can have a darker version of the Joker without it being a tryhard failure like Leto Joker was. Ledger's Joker still did funny things and wasn't all self-conscious about being menacing and evil. I think that's the main issue there, Leto was way too self-conscious and always communicating the notion of "I'm this super-important ultimate villain, everyone will tremble in fear and awe at my legendary villainy," while Ledger was the complete opposite and made an impression through being detached and erratic, like he was just some mentally ill homeless guy who would kill you with a box cutter.
>>
>>95054014
>>95055146
There isn't really that much conflicting information about Joker's origin. It's pretty much always recognized as Batman throwing him into the chemical vat where his skin and hair get discolored and he goes crazy. Yes, I know Killing Joke has the multiple choice past line, but nobody ever took that idea and gave him actual alternative origin stories.
>>
>>95057296
This, Ledger was a good Joker. People liked his performance BEFORE he showed up dead in the news. Him showing up dead just catapulted the movie to super mega sell out mode
>>
>>95053464
But ... Suicide Squad in and of itself isn't a group of badguys,
It's a team for good who's modern form INVOLVES hiring badguys.
Hell the idea there are missions big and dangerous enough that they would be considered suicide missions for GOD is also stupid.

If that's a real quote, it's not a well thought out one.
>>
>>95053923
He could always be Jason Todd.
>>
>>95057373
Ledger died during post-production m8
>>
>>95058548
>the idea there are missions big and dangerous enough that they would be considered suicide missions for GOD is also stupid
er...
>>
>>95053464
>http://movieweb.com/joker-origin-movie-jared-leto-response/

This literally confirms that Leto Joker = Mindbroken Robin. They wanted Leo from the start, and couldn't bag him unless under these circumstances.
>>
>>95059926
Stop posting this meme. It was excusable when it was six months after Arkham Knight and those videogames were the only Batman content casuals had consumed, but it's just sad now.

If you want to believe he's a Robin, and given Snyder's fetish for Frank Miller-wanking, then it's far more likely he's Dick Grayson.
>>
>>95060039
... He got better.
>>
File: 49-Persona2_25_11876e.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
49-Persona2_25_11876e.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>95054116
That's right, there's a Joker inside all of us.
>>
>>95060395
Just because he came back to life later doesn't mean he didn't die. That was definitely a suicide mission.
>>
>>95059960
not him but I didn't know he was dead when I watched TDK I realized he was dead cause I liked the movie so much that I wanted to know about the actor.
>>
>>95060142
I don't think it's a confirmation at all. It doesn't mean anything. Likely it's publicity and Leto doesn't give a damn.

The Joker's origin won't have any relation with the DCEU, Joker is Leto there and probably we are going to have a different actor for the new batman to make evident the difference too.

We'll know after november, after Justice League but lately DC has a tendency for non canon standalone GNs and I think they are going to have the same polity with their movies.
>>
>Joker origin movie
DC movies suck, they rock animations
why they keep it, maybe they should also go with Lex Luthor childhood movie, or 120 minutes of Eubard Thawne running through Speedforce
>>
>>95062004
>probably we are going to have a different actor for the new batman to make evident the difference too.
Batman is DCEU, the director clarified this already. It's just not going to be filled with cross promotion.
>>
>>95062168
we'll see. Last year Affeck was going to be the director.

I'm sure Affleck won't be batman for the new movie cause that's logical. DCEU started off on the wrong foot with BvS and they know it, they would erase that film If they could. I'm not talking about our opionions of the film but the opinion of the box office
>>
>>95055902
That would be a funny concept if it was done intentionally
>>
>>95062359
>we'll see
Nah, we already know & has already stated he will as long as he's paid to after the 5th time gossip shit sites churn up "according to anonymous sources that knew a guy who walks the dog of the guy who worked with the producer personally" rumors, because news about Batman guarantees clicks. No one would give a shit about anyone else. nb4 "O-Of course he would say that! NDA!" or "WB paid him extra to appease him."
>>
>>95062546
but again it's a matter of logic, Affleck is a really bad choice cause normies hated BvS and they are going to think the new movie is more of the same.

and where is the movie Affleck was going to produce, direct and write?
>>
>>95062654
>Affleck is a really bad choice cause normies hated BvS
There has been a lot of shit talked about BvS, but Affleck was more of the consistent details that was praised positively. "Martha" and Punisher Batman angle wasn't necessarily his fault. I think your only outlook on "normies" is what you read on /co/.

>and where is the movie Affleck was going to produce, direct and write?
Lots of reasons. Nothing was ever concrete. Wouldn't be surprised if they never had him penned for the batman movie from the start seeing that the movie wouldn't come out in years. (plenty of time to head hunt for directors) And most likely he probably wrote something too small scale and grounded for WB's liking because it may have had Joker in it. If you looked at his work, his own films don't go above $50 million in budget. And you know WB probably wants a blockbuster and a Oscar nominee to boot. Also he's expressed how much of a pain it would be to star & direct.
>>
>>95063052
*may have not had joker
>>
>>95057296
>>95057373
I remember this fan theory that Joker was the guy in brokeback mountain who became the Joker after his lover died. That was his bad day.
>>
>>95063052
>but Affleck was more of the consistent details that was praised positively.

critics maybe but normies idea of batman depends on if they liked the film, they aren't thinking if the performance was good but the movie not so much. Normies associate Affleck and BvS, his image as "new and amazing" batman is dead.

>Lots of reasons. Nothing was ever concrete.

but they annouced it as facts last year like this time they assured the new batman is part of DCEU.

they don't want to hurt JL but it is very possible Batflleck won't be batman in the new movie, he can appear in DCEU still. However as we've seen in comics these days DC is interested in non canon products, if the batman is going to be something like that then it could be very confusing if they use the same guy to act both but over all it is not a good idea for box office, "all new and amazing" same batman.
>>
File: 1452875353240.png (205KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452875353240.png
205KB, 500x375px
>>95053998
I hope this shit keeps happening.
It makes the Mega64 podcast better.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU6_4vyIhfs&index=1&list=PL9Roo0L7y8F0yXQ1aSKtSlQbuwgtFZXpY

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mLlL03_TuY
>>
>>95053464
Why does Jared Leto joker come across as a fan parody of joker?
>>
>>95064637
Matt Reeves has clarified already that the Batman movie is part of the DCEU, but won't serve as a platform to fill with cameos and ads for other movies like Post-Avengers MCU has been reduced to. It'll just be about as not DCEU as Wonder Woman.
>>
>>95063383
I honestly like the loony veteran theory myself
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.