[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 21 speculation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 33

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/south-park-creators-look-past-rough-trump-season-fresh-start-1034560

"We would always talk about how great it is
because on South Park, one week it can be about the kids and then the next week it is about Garrison and then the next week it is about Randy," he said. "And that's what I really miss."

So, what will be in this season? Well, Parker said he was a fan of Cartman having a significant other, Heidi Turner, which showed a new side to the usually foul-mouthed, angry, fat kid.

"We don't want her to go away," Parker said. "But, I really liked in the end that he was now a dude stuck in a relationship."

I don't know about you guys but I really like the idea of cartman having a female character to play off of that isn't wendy. it could make for some new and interesting situations while potentially bringing back cartmans more evil side.
>>
>>95051627
The last two seasons were great, where did this "rough patch" bullshit come from?
>>
File: 1488814385868.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488814385868.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>95051698
>last season was great
>>
>>95051698
Member when season 20 was critically panned? I member.
>>
>>95051698
19 was good but 20 was just really average. It had some good episodes but over all it was just a little tiring to watch, I think it's because of the whole switch they had to do with making the series built around Hillary winning the election.
>>
>"We would always talk about how great it is
because on South Park, one week it can be about the kids and then the next week it is about Garrison and then the next week it is about Randy," he said. "And that's what I really miss."

Then why the story arcs?

The most likely answer being "its easier", I suppose.
>>
>>95051781
I think they just wanted to try out the storyline format to challenge themselves, it worked for a couple seasons but it really backfired on season 20.
>>
>>95051781
the serialization works if it's done as an over arching plot with stand alone episodes only referencing previous episodes in the series or with some events carrying over but like >>95051815 and >>95051766 said season 20 fucked it up with it being the main focus and making the whole series about hillary winning the election
>>
>>95051781
Prior to the story arcs, they had 18 seasons of episodic stories. And some of their best ones ended up being trilogies (Coon, ImaginationLand, Sony vs Xbox). Maybe they felt if they had a whole season to work with, they could pump out 13 consecutive episodes of Coon trilogy quality.

I'm willing to forgive them being experimental given the vast amount of seasons they've had of doing the same thing.
>>
I hope they tear this hellholle of a site a new one.
>>
>>95052128

What, 4chan?
>>
>>95052173
Shut up Boco
>>
>>95051627
The season with the GoT console war parody was the best in years despite the shitty ending with Pewdiepie not being ripped a new asshole.
>>
>>95051892
>making the whole series about hillary winning the election
someone remind, why did they think that was a good idea?
>>
>Season 21

What the fuck is wrong with the USA?
>>
>>95051698
19 was great and got the right balance between having each ep stand alone while still having a nice arc
20 was boring and suffered a lot from having a continuous plotline that was made up as it went along
The episodes don't work by themselves so the only way to get enjoyment out of them is to care about what is happening, which I found tough given the meandering nature of it all
It still had its comedic moments but it's the weakest season overall
>>
>>95052234
because it worked for them when they made the obama election episode I guess. Plus they didn't believe meme magic would influence the election.
>>
>>95051698
19 was doing great but completely fell apart when they couldn't coherently tie things together to accentuate their point. In fact they just got lazy and forgot what their point was. People will jump through hoops to say Matt Trey planned it perfectly and there's more to it, but this is all shit they spitball during lunch. What you see is what you get.

20 was a huge mess.
>>
>>95052234
Because serialized season-long storytelling is fashionable now, so Parker and Stone decided a few years ago that they were going to do what was fashionable and have season-long arcs.

It's sort of been a lesson in why season-long storytelling isn't automatically better than standalone episodes, and can sometimes be much worse if you're stuck with a season story that isn't working.
>>
>>95052251
Matt and Trey want to do more, and Comedy Central is happy to oblige.
>>
>>95052234

Become nobody expected Trump to win who didn't vote for him, a lot of the people who did vote for Trump didn't expect him to actually win either. Love him or hate him, he was a dark horse who pulled off a spectacular upset. If you have bet on him, you would have won big because the odds were not good according to almost everyone.

Matt and Trey probably, like most people, figured it was Hillery they were going to making fun of and criticizing for the next 4 to 8 years.
>>
>>95052282
They thought they could do a full season long story while sticking to their 7-day production schedule. It's just impossible to run that marathon like that.
>>
>>95051781
They were just trying something new, it was influenced by the serialized prestige shows that have been on this decade like Breaking Bad, GoT, etc.
I think they found out firsthand that kind of storytelling only works if you plan out the whole thing in advance and give it good pacing and a defined dramatic thrust
S20 was just a bunch of shit thrown on top of each other with no real direction or underlaying narrative structure
>>
>>95052256
Dudes, 19 wasn't good either, the whole forgotten and switched plot point ideas were bad.
>>
>>95051698
>last two seasons were great
The only good thing from the last two seasons was Tweek x Craig. What are the chances that they'll be more gay episodes this new season?
>>
>>95051766
>I think it's because of the whole switch they had to do with making the series built around Hillary winning the election.

That's what killed it for me. I did enjoy the season up until the episode where they declared that Hillary won & then 2 weeks later Trump won the election. I feel like if you're going to have a plot point based around a real life event like an election where someone else could win it, you should have a contingency plan in case the other guy wins. Because they didn't have that, the gender wars got pushed to the sideline & Bill Clinton's line at the end of the Post-Election episode just felt like "This is what we were gonna do if Hillary had won."
>>
OP here, so what does everyone thing of heidi becoming a possible main foil/accomplice to cartman? How will this effect his relationship with the other main 3/The girls?
>>
>>95052325
I liked it because:
A). It was very funny
B). I can get enjoyment from the individual element on their own merits

The writing is of course sloppy in places given their timetable but not enough to make me angry or bother nitpicking when I'm too busy laughing at the jokes.
Easier to do with 20 because it was just so dull
>>
>>95052313

They probably figured it'd make things easier.

Instead of starting from scratch and making a whole new episode in six days every week, they have an overarcing plot that can be split into smaller chunks, saving them alot of time.
>>
File: IMG_5694.gif (911KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5694.gif
911KB, 500x375px
>>95052400
>element
*episodes
don't know how that happened
>>
>>95051732
I honestly wonder if 20 would've been better if the election didn't throw off their plot or if it would've been disappointing either way.
>>
>>95052419
He is a kid, an actual uneducated kid, case closed
>>
>>95052428
It was already getting long-winded and tedious
But maybe it wouldn't have felt quite so horribly messy and botched
>>
>>95052428

We probably would have gotten closure at the very least.

Now, if the closure was also funny, we'll never know.
>>
>>95052128
I can seriously see them bringing up Pepe somehow, wouldn't be the first time they made an episode about memes.
>>
>>95052448
They were definitely pulling a gender war angle that didn't really work out, what with Bill Clinton and all that. The Troll Trace thing wasn't really going anywhere either way, but maybe it would've had some impact with Hillary.
>>
>>95052370
what boggles me is that they avoided this with the 2012 election by planning for both outcomes. But then 2016 comes and they only count on their favorite winning? the hell?
>>
>>95052173
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>95052651
2012 (and 2008) were episodic seasons, and they've stated that most of the plot was pre-written and they just shifted a few things around based on who won. Helps that said plots weren't really political beyond the election gimmick, while season 20 was aiming for something candidate-specific (the girls getting pissed at the guys and Hillary fucking their shit up).
>>
>>95052234
In their defense, almost nobody who wasn't a hardcore Trump fan prior to November 8th seriously thought that he would win the election. It was simply easier to assume that Hillary would win since Trump seemed to have the odds against him.
>>
>>95052398
It would be good if they made it so Cartman manipulates her and she becomes a second butters while butters stays as this kind of 'thug' character
>>
>>95052804

Butters got too grumpy in season 20.

He should be the happy, optimistic ray of light in the darkness that is South Park.
>>
>>95052804
If they are still going with the smart part of the smart and funny angle, I dont know if she would be easily manipulated like that. maybe them trying to manipulate each other could be interesting though.
>>
>>95052824
Butters being a bottom bitch I feel just doesn't work for the character anymore considering he's now done all this crazy insane shit. Heidi needs to be the new bottom bitch for Cartman because Butters going back to being a little faggot just wouldn't work.
Also take of that fucking tripcode you ball licker.
>>
>>95052849
DON'T FORGET FUNNY, SHE'S ALSO REALLY REALLY FUNNY
>>
>>95052796
most mainstream sources still gave him about a 25% chance of wining. So that means Mat/Trey willingly bet against an event which would happen 1/4 of the time, else it would ruin their entire plotline.

What a shitty plan.
>>
>>95052895
Don't forget that these are the same guys that took a fucking cube of acid and went to the Oscars straight after
>>
>>95052849
I thought the joke was that Heidi isn't smart in the normal sense of the word and is only useful because of that emoji analysis shit
>>
>>95051627

Kenny dies.
>>
>>95052913
It's a wonderful night, Joan.
>>
>>95052972
Just a truly magical night
>>
>>95051627
I liked their old Hillary Clinton before the last season.
Did they even call her Hilldog once in the last season?
>>
I think the most exciting prospect is we might get another Coon trilogy to lead into Fracture But Whole, like they did with Black Friday and Stick of Truth.
>>
>>95051698
I like how 19 and 20 suffered from the same problems but people curiously disliked 20 more.
Was it Trump?
>>
>>95053293

No, it just ended with a shitload of plot threads still dangling.
>>
No, get rid of Heidi
>>
>>95053293
19's episodes were a lot more funny and distinct
20 was just less enjoyable to watch
>>
>>95052428
It wouldn't, because it would still have, at most, a trilogy worth of content stretched into ten episodes.
>>
File: 1504246517430.png (391KB, 479x960px) Image search: [Google]
1504246517430.png
391KB, 479x960px
>>95051627
>>
>>95053293
Season 19 still had a format of standalone episodes. They just had continuity nods that lead into a final arc.
Season 20 on the other hand, was pretty much a movie, a boring directionless movie that didn't know what to do with its plot.
>>
>>95052796
Even people who were hardcore Trump fans were ready to call hack on Hillary after she won. There were literally zero people who thought it would happen because everything was stacked against him.
>>
>>95053293
Season 19 and 20 were very different seasons, anon.
>>
>>95051627
shame the simpsons never adopted that format. really could've had something special. instead we would up with a slightly above average sitcom.
>>
>>95053527
Yeah, they should give that a try at this point.
>>
>>95053527
>modern simpsons
>slightly above average sitcom

Thats being generous.
>>
>>95052190
Those were two different seasons

GOT console war was season 17. Pewdiepie was season 18.
>>
>>95053350
But she's smart, and she's funny.
>>
File: 1398117620588.png (55KB, 242x273px) Image search: [Google]
1398117620588.png
55KB, 242x273px
>>95051781
Shut up, Boco.
>>
>>95052301
They could always mock her spectacular failure of a campaign
>>
>post yfw they were so burned by Season 20 that we get an entire season of Terrence and Philip
>>
File: JSUT.png (211KB, 369x503px) Image search: [Google]
JSUT.png
211KB, 369x503px
>>95053760
i wouldn't really know how to react

i'd probably watch it anyways tho
>>
>>95052109
imaginationland was awful.
>>
>>95053866
Its not the best multi-parter, but its far from awful.
>>
File: pelosilol.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pelosilol.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>95053746
There really is far more fodder on the left of American politics than the right, these days.

With Trump and all the Republicans, what can you say? It's all a terrible farce, but the farce is self-evident. It reminds me of that Penny Arcade strip, all those years ago, about Doom 3. The Republicans are so self-evidently corrupt, evil, and buffoonish that it's almost not worth the energy to mock them, and the mockery isn't all that far from reality anyway. Like the Penny Arcade strip said, it's like trying to make fun of a clown. What's the point?

Meanwhile, the Democrats are eminently mockable simply because they're so fucking ridiculous in Trump's America. They're talking about opposition! They're launching web ads and polling people about bumper stickers! They're having intra-party bitchfests and bickering amongst themselves! The Republicans aren't fiddling while Rome burns, they're the ones setting the fires. But the Democrats are fiddling away.
>>
>>95053866
ImaginationLand was pretty hype when it first aired. It doesn't hold up as well compared to Coon or Console Wars arcs.
>>
>>95052895
Most news sources had him at 13%-ish up until a few days before the episode would have started production.
>>
Would you /co/?
>>
>>95051627
So Parker is a Heiman fan? And he wants to use it to mess with Cartman? OP you just made my day.
>>
>>95051732
>south park has 20 seasons
where the hell does the time go?
>>
>>95054348
I'm glad I could help
>>
>>95054361
I found myself asking that when the Blockbuster episode aired.
>>
>>95053710
She barley made any jokes
>>
>Heidi was brought in to parody praising women
>they're not getting rid of her as that status to cartman despite the politics being dropped
if they keep it going it's not going to be a parody it's just going to be it
>>
>>95054543
Girls are funny, get over it
>>
>>95054603
They can be, but they'd have to actually attempt the part to be in it. I know you're quoting but it pisses me off she was just a smart cunt investigating everything but they kept attempting to say she was funny
>>
>>95053688
Oh, well that season was fun until that shit.
>>
>>95054667
They're always funny and also smart, get over yourself
>>
>>95054573
I forget if this was ever resolved but didn't Cartman go full "Man milking machines" at the end of the season? If he still feels that way why wouldn't they keep that going?
>>
>>95054573
Did you not see the last episode of season 20? Cartman seems to actively resent Heidi now
>>
>>95054573
Rewatch the ending. Cartman resents Heidi and even told Butters that he can't be without her now regardless.

I think it could be interesting. A way to kind of reign Cartman in since he's been almost too insane the last few season, while also making it so when he wants to do one of his evil schemes he has to be more crafty about it.
>>
>>95051698
I agree, I found it pretty funny
>>
>>95052428
>>95052448
The troll shit played itself out 3 episodes in

Just a total mess of a season
>>
File: DGPA9-BUwAAwijP.jpg (129KB, 801x1001px) Image search: [Google]
DGPA9-BUwAAwijP.jpg
129KB, 801x1001px
>>95051698
Season 19 was a lot of fun. Can't say same about season 20. I'm really excited to see what Matt and Trey will do now.
>>
I though Fractured but Whole got delayed to next year, is it really coming out next month?
>>
>>95052282
>Because serialized season-long storytelling is fashionable now
I think it has more to do with working on Stick of Truth, which storyline is pretty much a season long, than being fashionable
>>
>>95053987
The Kyle sucks Cartman balls subplot is way better than the main story
>>
>>95051698
20 was a pretty rough season.

It helps they felt they had to scrap their plans for the season part way through since against all odds Trump won the election and they wrote the story around Hillary winning.
>>
Season 20 was mostly garbage because they repeated the same boring jokes every episode, included several cliff hangers to keep the plot going that never got resolved and because they had bullshit conflict that made the characters go out of character.

Just so many things did not make any sense, including Heidi and Cartman's relationship. Matt and Trey could not decide whether they supported the trolls or not (even after someone committed suicide because of one). The girls were in the right in their conflict as any normal person would probably want to break up with guys that actively laugh and shares pictures of people bullying you, your mom and friends but for some reason they presented the girls as being wrong, probably to keep the boys vs girls plot going that went nowhere.
>>
>>95054305
Traps are gay
>>
>>95056064
This
>>
File: Heidi.jpg (9KB, 236x250px) Image search: [Google]
Heidi.jpg
9KB, 236x250px
>>95054348
I'm just waiting for Heidi to be evil. First Cartman tries to hide how he really is from her, then he goes back to his old self and expects to drive her away only to find out she's just as much of an asshole as he is. Bonus points if she turns out to be yandere.
>>
File: 120.jpg (116KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
116KB, 1364x768px
>>95056464
That will lead into the inevitable South Park Girl Squad episode with Wendy, Bebe, Heidi and someone else. Maybe Nicole, maybe Lisa Berger or somebody else. If we had an episode where the girls do something without the boys, who would make the best fourth kid? They'd have to be the group's Kenny or Butters.
>>
>>95056064
>>95056333
t. Speedwatcher
>>
>>95051732
I didn't know /pol/ and Drumpf suppporters not liking it meant it was "Critically panned"
>>95053293
Basically because a show made fun of Trump so /pol/ has to consider it the worst shit ever
>>
>>95052895
>most mainstream sources still gave him about a 25% chance of wining
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>>95056511
>They'd have to be the group's Kenny or Butters.
The choice is obvious.
>>
>>95052128
Why should they bother, any insult they throw our way will just be taken as proof they regularly visit this site. The whole episode basically becomes 1 giant (you). The most painful thing they can do is ignore us.
>>
I found Season 20 to be okay, but without much rewatch potential. By far the absolute WORST thing about it is that now, every single time it's brought up, it turns into a political argument. No one wants to joke about politics today, it's all very very serious.
>>
>>95052251
>he doesn't know that in Japan, there is a animated show with over 7000 episodes.
>>
>>95051627
His name is James, James Cameron
The bravest pioneer
No budget too steep, no sea too deep
Who's that?
It's him, James Cameron
James, James Cameron explorer of the sea
With a dying thirst to be the first
Could it be? Yeah that's him!
James Cameron
>>
>>95051627
It's gonna be shit. It's been downhill for a long time now.
>>
I actually really liked season 20, so I don't mind if they keep the plot threads they established going.
>>
File: 1489824050535.png (235KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
1489824050535.png
235KB, 1190x906px
>>95057725
>been downhill for a long time now
>2 seasons counts as downhill for a long time now
>>
>>95057757
More like 5-6 seasons. And shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1490822003098.jpg (247KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1490822003098.jpg
247KB, 1224x1445px
>>95057763
oh nevermind i didn't realize i was talking to a complete fucking retard with a terrible taste and opinion on south park
>>
>>95057763
But anon, every season besides 20 has been quite good.
>>
>>95057796
>WAAAAHHHH stop picking on my cartoon

Grow the fuck up.

>>95057820
I don't remember laughing at all for the past few seasons. Maybe I'm just tired of it. Maybe I changed and so did my taste.
>>
>>95057844
Most likely changed because ratings and have been better then ever and it's getting better with every season (with the exception of season 20)
>>
>>95057844
>WAAAAHHHH stop calling my bad opinions retarded

good job kiddo
>>
>>95051781
I TOOK MY LOVE, I TOOK IT DOWN
>>
File: Czz9QeEVIAA20QD.jpg (66KB, 749x735px) Image search: [Google]
Czz9QeEVIAA20QD.jpg
66KB, 749x735px
>>95056315
>>
File: tripfags.png (151KB, 1125x681px) Image search: [Google]
tripfags.png
151KB, 1125x681px
>>95052173
>>
>>95053925
>The Republicans aren't fiddling while Rome burns, they're the ones setting the fires. But the Democrats are fiddling away.

qft

>>95055324
He likes being man milked.

>>95056064
> The girls were in the right in their conflict as any normal person would probably want to break up with guys that actively laugh and shares pictures of people bullying you,

Is this bait or did you just not watch the show?
>>
>>95055847
>against all odds
>enormously unpopular candidate against candidate who gets constant, constant media attention and for better or worse has a powerful, enthusiastic support base
You better vote next time, cuck
>>
You guys are just complaining about nothing. It's just a cartoon that sanitizes political events, what do you want it to do?
>>
>>95058867
Still gay, Mr. President.
>>
File: 4646434.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4646434.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
>>95056464
Yandere is actually a pretty good angle to take her if they gonna keep her, i mean Wendy used to be one but that was basically just in Season 1 and was never really utilized.
>>
>>95060095
Why did they get rid of that aspect as her?
>>
>>95059287
So if there are pictures of you or your mom going around on the internet of either of you with dicks photoshopped in your mouths and you find out that your girlfriend is sharing them with her friends to laugh at, would you not dump her? Hell, that behavior is immature enough that I'd break up with them even if it was a stranger that was being bullied.

Breaking up because your boyfriend is a douche who supports the person bullying you is not a bad thing. And considering that's the only thing the girls did I can't say there was even a single thing they did wrong. they were the victims of a bully and their boyfriends (besides Stan) aren't victims because they were broken up with for being douches. They only tried to defend them when they thought they were getting punished for it.
>>
>>95060138
No idea, it was just part of the Season 1 weirdness, the whole "Based off a real Girlfriend" thing was probably also involved.
>>
>>95051698
If you think the last 2 seasons were great you legit have an IQ below 100
>>
>>95060246
>stop liking things that i don't like retard
>>
>>95060218
Kind of sad, the yandere aspect of Wendy suits her, Bebe and Heidi seem better for the roles of the 'female leader'
>>
>>95053293
Season 19 had a lot more memorable episodes and jokes.
Season 20 was only fun for cartman and gerald stuff and the gerald stuff got old fast.
>>
>>95059481
The best episodes are always about the boys being boys.
>>
>>95056064
>The girls were in the right
No, they did an entire gender war to the males rather than be mad at some males
>>
>>95056709
It's not that we're mad that they're joking about it, it's that the jokes they pick are tired and obnoxious- and shouldn't be a season runner
>>
>>95053293
Season 19 was great, fine at it's worst points. It was episodic with continuity, which they experimented with in season 18 and also did pretty good with. They had a lot of funny callback jokes, and referential humor that wasn't like- Mandatory. You could tune into any episode and like it.

Season 20 was just serialized, which was shit. Their script a week, 3 days before it airs formula didn't work at all for their style of writing and the style of writing they committed to for the season. It felt forced for the sake of being put out on time, and the callbacks they could have made weren't really there, or were kind of shitty because they were probably terrified and trying to get everything done on time that they didn't have time to think about the jokes and nuances they'd usually include if they didn't also have to think of pointing the season in the direction of a general conclusion. It just wasn't as funny. I liked the Trump stuff, and the Hillary stuff, it didn't turn me off. The overall season wasn't good, though. Overall episodes weren't good, though. I hope they can improve and move past it and maybe just go back to episodic with some continuity, I think they did really well with that.
>>
>>95061657
This next season has been basically confirmed to be more-or-less completely episodic
They know 20 was a mistake
>>
>>95056464
This. I'd love if they had an all girl episode where the girls replace the boys roles. Heidi could be the evil bitch, Wendy is the stuck up moral character, Bebe could be the straight man.

Who would be the Pervert/Wild card?
>>
>>95061845
The thing is that the probelm isn't the show being continuit/episodic driven.

the problem is A) Forgetting 75% of the rest of the cast to focus on a handful and B) Basing you're entire fucking season on future events you have no 100% certainty will happen.
>>
>>95061915
I actually thought Bebe would be the pervert while Red is the straight man
>>
>>95051627
So Heidi Turner will still play a big role as cartmans gf next season? Great news.

Hoping for more tweek and craig too.
>>
>>95052128
They already did with the trolls, rickroll, and the anon mask.
>>
>>95056716
One Piece or Naruto?
>>
>>95062539
those are just internet anonymity things
>>
The member berries is probably the worst joke South Park or any animated comedy has had that I can think off, and to make it worse they had them show up several times.

>>95056540
Shut the fuck up, retard. Literally every show on Comedy Central right now is focused on Trump LITERALLY.
>>
So Cartman/Kyle is not going to happen? What the fuck, Trey and Matt.
>>
>>95062561
Neither you casual
>>
>>95062821
Looks like that Token episode is the closest you're going to get
>>
>>95062128
My guess is this. Heidi relationship will be the arc in the background, but each episode will have its own topic.
>>
File: 64663011_p18_master1200.jpg (224KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
64663011_p18_master1200.jpg
224KB, 848x1200px
>>95062821
Have hope ;_;
>>
>>95051627
Is South Park still around? Who still watches this?
>>
>>95062955
Women that go around wearing cartman shirts
>>
>>95060138
South Park's early years were kinda just Matt and Trey doing whatever for shits n giggles, cause they didn't think it'd last long anyway. I think it was after the Movie's success, they started actually thinking about what direction they want to take the show in.
>>
>>95060138
Season 3 is when I recall her really becoming the preachy good girl (female Kyle, Lisa Simpson, etc.) that she's been for a long time. Season 1 Wendy was just Stan's girlfriend and besides the episode wifh Miss Ellen where she was Stan's psycho girlfriend
>>
Season 21's opening episode needs to be a hard reset for the most part.

Basically the entire episode is Cartman going on a roaring rampage of revenge against everyone who wronged him in season one. Does unspeakably horrific things to Kyle, Stan, Token, Jimmy, etc who destroyed his electronic toys. I'm talking Scott Tennorman level sadistic shit.

The only two people left on Cartman's hit list are PC Principal (who doesn't believe the stories of Cartman being evil incarnate) and Butters, who's punishment is that Cartman plans to frame him for all the bad shit he's done.

End of the episode is Heidi talking Cartman down from framing Butters and they decide to force Butters to incriminate the girl who forced Wendy and the other girls to break up with their boyfriends, for all of the shit Cartman did. Said girl goes to jail for Cartman's crimes, Cartman realizes Heidi is just as fucked up in the head as he is (which both scares him and excites him), and President Garrison shows up out of the blue to demote PC Principal to teacher status, so PC Principal is the new teacher for the kids.
>>
>>95063440
Parker and Stone are not going to have Cartman get revenge on the other kids for breaking his smart phone/laptop/etc. Also, any tormenting of Butters will probably be for generic stand-alone reasons.

What happened to Cartman in seasons 19-20 was both for the good of the character (evolving him as a character) and pay-off for the fact that Cartman has never really suffered any comeupence for his bullshit.

If they are going to address things, the best way would be to do a PC Principal/Cartman episode where Cartman thanks PC Principal for the bad shit he did, since it inadvertedly made him a better person and broke him out of old toxic habits. Bonus meta points, they could reveal that PC Principal used to be just like Cartman and set up the plot point of PC Principal being the male role model Cartman has been desperately craving all these years.
>>
File: ml.png (407KB, 1280x858px) Image search: [Google]
ml.png
407KB, 1280x858px
>>95051627
>Heidi staying as Cartman's gf
sweet
>>
>>95063440
>Scott Tennorman level sadistic shit.
This please. I love seeing cartman be evil.
>>
>>95058867
Pretty based, Mr. Trump
>>
File: Red.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
>>95056511
Red's the 4th main girl
>>
>>95063550
hmm, sorry, but no.

yeah, its true that it could be good, but soutpark is a comedy show first and foremost, character development is not 100% necessary.

cartman has all the right to get revenge, why? becuase he actually didnt do anything, at all!

the only 'bad things' he did were writing the red riding kyle book, and not wanting to show his social media history, he should know better than anybody that he needed to show his secrets if he wanted to be taken seriously.

no matter how justified the kids actions could be against cartman, they had no right to do that, since he didnt do anything at the moment, also, cartman does always pay at the end.
>>
File: 1489535778882.gif (2MB, 169x127px) Image search: [Google]
1489535778882.gif
2MB, 169x127px
>>95062660
Rickroll did come directly from here, I remember when it was still duckrolling. I suppose it's long outgrown 4chan, but the specific way it was used does make me think someone understood its origins. As opposed to Family Guy where it felt more like a reference to the song itself. I don't recall whether the V for Vendetta mask evolved from trollface or if it started with that Scientology raid.

That's all old shit that's spread away from here. I think if they really wanted to take a direct jab at this site's culture there are much more specific things they could have referenced. Not that they would. They'd sooner do a whole episode about Reddit.
>>
File: Lizzy.png (93KB, 201x296px) Image search: [Google]
Lizzy.png
93KB, 201x296px
>>95063692
She's still literally who to me. I have more memories of parka girl from the sled episode. They need to give Red a gimmick besides just having been around forever.
>>
>>95063993
To be fair, it's not out of the question for her to get the Heidi treatment and be made into an actual character
>>
>>95051627
Is Kyle a cuck?
>>
>>95063940
The v mask came from efg(epic fail guy). If i remember correctly it was a stickman comic where a stickman found the v mask in the trash. That's as far back as I can remember seeing it.
>>
Wonder if this means we'll never see Garrison again.
>>
File: HeidiAndRobby.png (344KB, 640x490px) Image search: [Google]
HeidiAndRobby.png
344KB, 640x490px
>>95064051
Maybe they'll give Red a cute hat. Nobody cared who Heidi was until she put on the hat.
>>
>>95064198
They confirmed he'll be back. He'll probably make a passing reference to being too high to remember anything he did in the last two years or something and if they do reference him being President, he'll just say he got fired and they replaced him with another guy.
>>
>>95064269

Makes sense.

Think they'll keep PC Principal?
>>
>>95064423
Probably, they seem to enjoy him more than Victoria
>>
>>95052428
the troll arc should have been at most 3 or 4 eps not the entire season
>>
>>95052804
Hiedy can be the personification of the diversity movement with her being oblivious to it all. Cartman would be coming up with a scheme and while he normally uses Butters, he now adds Hiedy in the gang and showers her with praise for literally nothing while Butters go through all the shit and is disregarded.
>>
>>95055391
I'm hoping one story will involve Cartland friction towards Hiedy but he'll suddenly want to be with her even more once he realizes he's the only person in school with a girlfriend. The 'value' it holds will stay true to his character.
>>
>>95062029
Bebe loves ass, that's a fact friend.
>>
>>95064217
If I were to take it off, will you quit twitter?
>>
Honestly, not talking about trump or at least the political climate is just pussing out.
>>
>>95065551
>pussing out
from what? it's not like it's frowned upon, they'd get critical praise for standing up and fighting by the mainstream news/reviewers which is who matters

S20 got slack for being twisted in direction, and some reviewer sites even said "who could blame them, trump winning was unexpected and probably upset them"
>>
>>95051698

Even Matt and Trey thought 20 was total shit.
>>
>>95065535
It would be very (×﹏×)
>>
I want more episodes like "you're getting older" and "assburgers"
>>
>>95059066
>>95052697
You nigga's wouldn't last two minutes on /qst/
>>
File: 1342062935953.gif (15KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
1342062935953.gif
15KB, 266x400px
>>95051698
Last season. they dropped the ball and admitted it. You dense fuck
>>
>>95056716
>>95052251
Not even Japan or USA, the UK has a show that's been going for ~9300 episodes.
>>
>>95051627
>heimanshit
D R O P P E D tbqh
>>
File: boo.png (851KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
boo.png
851KB, 1280x1280px
>>95066961
Stay pleb
>>
>>95066961
How about we make a deal: No Heiman, but Craig gets a permanent girlfriend and ends the Creek farce once and for all. And Kyle hooks up with Nicole.
>>
>>95067000
>Kyle hooks up with Nicole
you had me till there
>>
File: Kyle.png (633KB, 1280x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle.png
633KB, 1280x1097px
>>95067116
That was just a test to see if you were Kyman.
>>
>>95051781
IIRC one of them sad they thought it would be easier writing each ep if it was a season long story but ended up finding out it was more work for them
>>
>>95064269
Except they can't do that.

Parker and Stone basically had one and only one chance to extract Garrison from his current storyline (between 19 and 20) by having Garrison get crushed by Trump in the primaries.

Also, they are quite quite aware of the fact that having Garrison be impeached forced out would be seen as caving to the anti-Trump left wing assholes. And would put them in a position to have HALF their viewership turn against them (especially since the other half, the left wing part of the viewership, are also super duper pissed that they are not touching Trump this season).

The only way to extract themselves would be to do an episode where antifas/left wing assholes threaten to kill the kids in South Park unless Garrison resigns and he does so, to save everyone. Which in turn, would piss everyone off but be the only way to get Garrison out short of the White House
>>
File: nvb1yrggKk1u9o6ypo1_1280.png (543KB, 887x664px) Image search: [Google]
nvb1yrggKk1u9o6ypo1_1280.png
543KB, 887x664px
>>95067197
i've been clocked
>>
File: fbw.jpg (240KB, 1400x730px) Image search: [Google]
fbw.jpg
240KB, 1400x730px
Which Superhero persona is your favorite?

Mine is Mosquito (his outfit is the coolest imo) though Clyde is shit
>>
>>95067937
Mysterion obviously
>>
>>95067937
The Coon because he is sweet and also hella buff
>>
>>95067841
Best solution to the Garrison thing would be to do what they did with the death of Chef episode: open season 21 with a bunch of clips from "previous episodes" to resolve the issue.

The member berries were after a time machine hidden in the White House and obtain it via Randy and his family (who the Member Berries control). Kenny (as Mysterion) and PC Principal find out and with the help of Garrison, have to go back in time to stop the Member berries.

While Kenny destroys the Member Berries, Garrison convincing his past self (from between seasons 19 and 20) to drop out of the race while PC Principal tells his past self to rehire Garrison/give Garrison a wide berth to be himself, PC be damned, because he is outright sacrificing becoming President to save the world.
>>
>>95067989
go to bed fatass
>>
>>95067937
Mysterion.

Because of the episode where Kenny and his siblings are taken into foster care. I was rather meh about him before that.
>>
>>95064110
No, but Cartman getting cucked would be great.
>>
>>95068018
I personally would like them to go back to old school south parka nd just pretend it never happened. Like people keep asking him and garrison acts all confused and dodges the questions. Meanwhile throw in some background stuff on TV, conversations etc mentioning the sudden disappearance of garrison
>>
>>95067937
Mysterion, But Captain Diabetes is also cool
>>
File: whiteknight.jpg (35KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
whiteknight.jpg
35KB, 390x390px
>>95068041
Eric isn't fat, he's cute, you body shaming asshole!
>>
>>95068215
YOU'RE NOT FUNNY AT ALL HEIDI
>>
>>95067937
I wonder if Captain Diabetes is supposed to be the Captain Marvel since Wonder Tweek and Super Craig already are Wonder Woman and Superman
>>
>>95067937
Team Mysterion
>>
>>95067937
Mysterion- Batman
Coon- Batman
Toolshed- Iron man?
Human Kite- ???
Super Craig- Superman
Professor Timothy- Professor X
Wonder Tweek- Wonder Woman
Fastpass- Flash/Quicksilver
Mosquito- Ant-Man/Spider-Man
Professor Chaos- Dr Doom
Callgirl- ???
Tupperwear- Cyborg
Captain Diabetes- ???
>>
File: IMG_0250.jpg (159KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0250.jpg
159KB, 1000x562px
>>95068248

Women are funny get over it

Also, is Fractured but Whole as good as Stick of Truth? I fucking loved Stick of Truth and want to play FbH but the reviews on Steam don't look to good.
>>
>>95068692
It's not out yet is it?
>>
>>95068692
Fractured isn't even out yet
>>
>>95051698

Season 19 was great because they didn't go overboard with the season wide continuity.
Season 20 was just one long dumpster fire.
>>
>>95068692
>but the reviews on Steam don't look to good.
What the fuck were you reading? The game isn't out yet.
>>
Been years since i last watched South park apart from the last season

Are there any good one i should watch?
>>
>>95068692
FbW doesn't release til October my dude. What I've seen from the press suggests it's much like SoT but bigger and better, so we'll see.
>>
>>95068960
Season 6-9 are pure kino
>>
You know what I miss?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqKp7cMShV4

Honest to god humor instead of pandering to gamerdudebros
>>
>>95066801
nice taste friend
>>
>>95068960
Looks like my opinion might be a minority one given this thread, but South Park from 2008 and up has for the most part been hot garbage to the point where it's almost unwatchable. It changed from a show about residents of a backwards mountain town tackling surreal incidents and pop culture figures to a show about pop culture framed within a mountain town. It was fine when the hamfisted and preachy temporal episodes were interspersed with ones that were actually focused on the characters and town life, but at around '08 the show became nothing more than a vehicle for the writers to push whatever opinions they'd recently formed.

imo the last two seasons made it watchable again because it at least strung together an overarching narrative and some drama. It's a completely different show than it used to be, with nowhere near the quality, but it's entertaining.
>>
>Goes to purchase game and new console
>Game is fucking $99.99 U.S. dollars

What the fuck, were games always this pricy?
>>
>>95071699
Where do you live that sells games for 99$

Games here are 60$ + tax unless you buy like a special edition or some shit etc
>>
File: Mr._Krabs.png (189KB, 859x929px) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Krabs.png
189KB, 859x929px
Mr. Krabs has dominated this thread.

Evacuate immediately. NO QUESTIONS.
>>
File: 1392940431911.gif (1MB, 632x348px) Image search: [Google]
1392940431911.gif
1MB, 632x348px
>>95071984
Okay, okay. No need to get snippy.
>>
>>95071984
i don't like your tone
>>
>>95063001
That's a shame
>>
>>95067937
Super Craig, because his costume is literally just a piece of paper taped to his shirt.
>>
>>95067937
Wonder tweek a cute
>>
>>95068692
>the reviews on Steam don't look to good.
Maybe because WE NEVER GOT OUR FUCKING GAME
>>
>>95074364
Never is a bit extreme, don't you think? It was delayed, not cancelled. SoT was also delayed about a year from its intended release date.
>>
>>95051627
Fuck off Trey, your shit is ruined. You fucked it up last year shilling for Hillary.
>>
>>95071699
It's $60 on steam. Still a little pricey. I don't know why console users have to pay more. I abandoned consoles long ago. Here's to hoping they all go extinct so we can get rid of stupid nonsense like exclusives and dated hardware and streamline gaming once and for all.
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.