[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Parks Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

Get in here faggots. Also, fuck you Michael Eisner.
>>
>>95048735
i think they should revisit Disney america
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
Best Disney restaurant is the sci-fi drive in diner in Hollywood studios no doubt about it
>>
File: Juuust right.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Juuust right.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>95050208
that's basically what Disney World was/is.

Even as a CaliQueer who generally prefers Disneyland proper to Magic Kingdom, even I submit that DW is better engineered and better planned.

Poor DL is locked by overgrowth of real estate inflation it ironically caused.

Also:
>my soul when you have a genuine leather stetson and ride Big Thunder waving it around
>Also wore the thing on Temple of the Forbidden Eye
>>
>>95050417
>Temple of the Forbidden Eye

Speaking of.
Are there really three separate tracks at the beginning? I remember going for gradnight near about when it first opened and they asked the person driving what reward the wanted.
Now a days they don't seem to bother and I've noticed you always go down the center.
>>
>>95048735
This anti-semite statue should be pulled down.
>>
File: 2.png (2MB, 1408x578px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
2MB, 1408x578px
>>95050417
No, Disney America was an American History theme park that would have been built outside of Washington DC.

Would have included a relocated Hall of Presidents, a Louis and Clark Expedition Raft Ride, a suspended rollercoaster through an Industrial Revolution steel mill, an Ellis Island area where the story of immigration would be told with Muppets, a State Fair land, an Airfield area that would include an early version of Soarin', and as a nighttime show, a recreation of Civil War Ironclad Boat battles.

Got canned because it was too close to an actual Civil War battlefield and rich people that didn't want a Disney park anywhere near their property used that as a rallying point to get people to protest Disney's plans. In the end, they canned the project and a Wal-Mart was built on the plot of land.
>>
It looks like the imagineers want Disneyland and WDW to be their own thing. Considering the number of "ported" attractions in DL being taken down over the years, and the exclusive ones coming to Hollywood and Magic Kingdom.
>>
>>95050899
I fucking hate this country sometimes.

That sounds excellent.
>>
>>95050504
It's just one track leading straight through the middle of five doors, with walls positioned to show only three. At first the walls shifted from side to side to make it look like you were going through different doors, but the mechanism is now disabled and lighting effects are used to differentiate the different 'gifts'.

On that note, I still have that little translator card thing they used to give out when the ride first opened.
>>
>>95050919
Well of course they do. As they were, people would just pick the one they wanted to see the most (WDW for the other lands, DL for being the original park) or go to the one that was cheapest for them to get to and that was their Disney experience. Only hardcore fans made it a priority to see both.

If they make the rides at both parks as exclusive as possible, people will feel like they're missing out on a lot more if they only visit one.
>>
>>95048735
Pleasure Island was actually a cool idea and one of the only things I don't hate Eisner for. It's a pity it didn't take off as much as it could have.
>>
>>95050899
>>95051162
Do you think they regret it too in hindsight?
>Coulda had a disney park
>Wal-mart just swooced right in when we pushed out Disney
>So this is Karma...

>>95051257
I don't quite blame them for this, but I feel like certain shared rides like Haunted Mansion both are different enough to warrant keeping them.

>>95050504
Mind posting the decoder? My aunt gave up when she felt all of them were just AT&T ads and threw her card away.

(I may or may not consider using the font as a cipher in my DnD games. Probably gonna use Atlantean as well.)

Also:
>five doors

I thought there was only three? I knew it was just a sliding wall/track trick but I didn't realize that would necessitate five doors.
>>
>>95048735
I wish they had gone with creating Beastly Kingdom
>>
>>95051460
Especially when given what we got instead.

>Fucking Avatar

Just kill me.
>>
File: DecoderFront_wScreen[1].jpg (155KB, 750x474px) Image search: [Google]
DecoderFront_wScreen[1].jpg
155KB, 750x474px
>>95051410
>Mind posting the decoder
>>
>>95051290
It took off... /way/ off. Disney wasn't too happy with the influx of callgirls taking away their business on their property.
>>
File: IMG_2788.jpg (23KB, 464x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2788.jpg
23KB, 464x249px
>>95051511
>alien creatures are TECHNICALLY animals
>>
>>95048735
All you CP anons get in here
Fall 2013-Spring 2014
Fall 2016-Spring 2017
>>
>>>/trv/
>>
>>95051511
This is the direction Disney wants to go. They only want to invest in pre-existing intellectual properties that they know will bring in a crowd, much like Universal Studios. Every new attraction is based upon a film now instead of trying to create new worlds & experiences.
>>
>>95051460
This, so much. I don't like Animal Kingdom that much as it is, but I'd make it a priority if Beastly Kingdom existed.

If I wanted to see lions I would go to a zoo, not a theme park. And being from South Africa, hearing people rave about the food at restaurants like Boma just makes me laugh.
>>
>tfw after working for Disney parks long enough, the topic of what they should add to the parks no longer becomes meaningful because you know the actual space the parks have, the complications towards adding stuff to parks like employing new labor, having to calculate crowd controls in the areas in question, how much park capacity would increase, etc.
>>
Why is no one talking about the after hours Halloween thing Disney is doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWREktnSLW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-LwXkkDpio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apv8nAfT0rY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j44KESxvHI
>>
>>95052030
Because they haven't started it yet this year.
>>
>>95051587
>last reply 10 hours ago
>Page 3

No thanks
>>
>>95052030
Always wanted to go to this. If only to see the Space Mountain projections first-hand.
>>
>>95052048
They started on the 25 of August.
Posted videos are new.
I liked the Hocus Pocus show. I can't believe they remembered that movie.
>>
File: 1492673678280.jpg (37KB, 750x471px) Image search: [Google]
1492673678280.jpg
37KB, 750x471px
>Halloween Horror Nights
>Another year with mazes dick sucking Blumhouse
They could've at least done an "It" maze
>>
>>95052030
So apparently the GoTG is getting a Halloween overlay.

Wonder what they're gonna do.
>>
>>95052817
Only in Hollywood
>>
>>95052817
I thought they where, or at least that was the rumor.
>>
File: WhatHaveWeHere.jpg (154KB, 809x554px) Image search: [Google]
WhatHaveWeHere.jpg
154KB, 809x554px
>>95048735

Fuck you and fuck your statue.
>>
>>95052838
You have to save Groot with Rocket Raccoon I think.
>>
>>95052900
>>95052838
Going back in to rescue Groot. It's gonna have a new music overlay by Tyler Bates. It's only running during the night hours.
>>
>>95051618
I am very curious as to the direction Star Wars Land is going in. I'm disappointed it's still thoroughly trenched in the Episode 7-Rogue One school of "let's just slap gritty ANH aesthetics on everything and call it a day", but the idea of creating an entirely new locale within the Star Wars universe seems like a really interesting starting point vs. I CLAPPED I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW DARTH VADER
>>
>>95053027
There are rumors of Disney wanting to make an Indiana Jones land and themed hotel floating around.
>>
>>95053027
I think that if as a whole the new trilogy ends up being seen as mediocre that they'll change up things to be more wide ranging and include things from all trilogies within a few years of opening.
>>
File: rotund-pallas-cat-not-pleased.jpg (50KB, 530x397px) Image search: [Google]
rotund-pallas-cat-not-pleased.jpg
50KB, 530x397px
>>95053027
I'm more curious on how the characters are going to behave.

They promised characters are going to act like it's just one big continues story, which has never really been attempted at this scale before and I'm wondering how far they're going to take it
>>
>>95053096
They're definitely going to do a Marvel Land after Star Wars though is completed though. They'd be idiots not to and they already have patents out for Cap shield throwing tech.
>>
>>95053107
And once again, I need to find some way to get to Knotts. The interactiveness of Star Wars Land reminds me of Knotts' Ghost Town Alive thing they've been doing where you could get involved with the characters in the land (play matchmaker with the blacksmith and the schoolmarm, help the sheriff round up bandits, etc...)
>>
>>95053104
It's already got Hondo Ohnaka as the host of the Millennium Falcon ride.
>>
>>95053107
I'm interested to see if there are Easter Egg interactions. Like you wear a Venom shirt and a cast member says something about symbiotes.
>>
>>95053165
Yeah, true. But I mean rides based on the OT and PT.
>>
File: 415.png (217KB, 680x654px) Image search: [Google]
415.png
217KB, 680x654px
>>95053195
>Symbiotes
>Star Wars land
Try again we Marvel land is done at DCA
>>
>>95053241
>>95053195
And suddenly, I'm reminded of Patton Oswalt's Ep.7 rant from 'Parks and Recreation'
>>
>>95053121
>have patents out for Cap shield throwing tech.

With Disney involved I'm not sure if your full of shit or not.
I'm actually leaning toward "or not" in all honesty.
>>
>>95053121
They already hinted at it
>>
File: 1504246888968m.jpg (103KB, 717x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504246888968m.jpg
103KB, 717x1024px
>>95048735
>>
>>95051534
thanks.
>>
>>95053337
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/06/patent-reveals-captain-america-shield-throwing-experience-come-disney-theme-parks/
>>
>>95053337
>I'm going to write out a whole post about being not sure if I should believe you instead of looking it up

Cmon man
>http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/06/patent-reveals-captain-america-shield-throwing-experience-come-disney-theme-parks/

>>95053241
It's a non-canon Easter Egg, anon.
>>
>>95053121
What, wasn't the Marvel Land confirmed already? Did I miss something?
>>
>>95053461
Not officially. Heavily hinted at but nothing like the SW Land announcement. Just that "new superhero experiences involving Spider-Man and the Avengers were on the way".
>>
I want more Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
>>
saved
>>
>>95048735
>Also, fuck you Michael Eisner.
What did he do now? Hasn't he had nothing to do with the company for years?
>>
>>95053605
Don't we all?
>>
>>95052030
I'm going on my first trip in October. Hyped!
>>
>>95055438
Michael Eisner must always be fucked. That's the rule here.

>>95053027
I'm disillusioned with the idea, but then I'm a grinch who doesn't like Star Wars. I just wish Disney would stick to creating their own stuff instead of stealing ready-made properties.
>>
>>95050340
Best Hollywood Studios restaurant.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.