[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WB Wants Leonardo DiCaprio To Play The Joker; Jared Leto Unhappy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

File: 1504277600286.jpg (28KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
1504277600286.jpg
28KB, 470x313px
>The upcoming standalone JOKER movie directed by Todd Phillips and set apart from the DCEU reportedly approached Martin Scorsese as a producer in hopes that He can persuade his frequent collaborator Leonardo Dicaprio to play the eponymous character. However, Scorsese's involvement is not certain yet, and neither is Dicaprio's interest, as he has previously declined numerous offers to star blockbuster movies. WB reportedly also plans to use Phillips's connection to actor Jonah Hill, a close friend of Dicaprio, to entice him to the project.

>THE JOKER has been described as "gritty crime thriller" chronicling the villain's childhood, when he was a victim of bullying for being born with a "perpetual grin", and his rise to power as a mobster in a Gotham modeled after 1970's New York City. It'll be the first of a new banner of "auteur-driven" DC films outside the confines of their mainline cinematic universe that can contend for Academy Awards.

>Jared Leto, who played the villain in last year's SUICIDE SQUAD and is slated to return for its sequel and a spin-off alongside Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn, is reportedly unhappy with WB creating multiple versions of the character and has voiced his complaints to his reps at talent agency CCA. Rival agency WME is nos using it to entice Leto to sign with them, which could put his current association with the DCEU in jeopardy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/leonardo-dicaprio-joker-movie-warner-bros-wants-actor-role-1034392
>>
>>95039968
its gon b grate
>>
>>95039968
It's almost like everyone fucking hated Leto's performance

maybe he can write a shitty emo song about his unhappiness with his mediocre '00s "rock" band.
>>
>>95039968
>Rival agency WME is nos using it to entice Leto to sign with them, which could put his current association with the DCEU in jeopardy.

A Jokerless Sirens movie would be neat-o
>>
Jared Leto can eat an entire ass, dude is lucky he's comic back at all.
the guy tormented his co stars and tuned in a forgettable performance
>>
File: 1497483799867.png (185KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
1497483799867.png
185KB, 500x644px
>joker stalone
No.
>>
>>95039999
>>95039987
it was
>>
I can see him going full Nicholson.
>>
>>95039968
Dicaprio as Joker could work, but that story sounds utter shite.
>>
>>95040009
>the guy tormented his co stars

You didn't actually fall for those PR stunts, did you?
>>
>>95039999
>It's almost like everyone fucking hated Leto's performance
I didn't.
>>
File: Green Arrow.jpg (557KB, 1376x1805px) Image search: [Google]
Green Arrow.jpg
557KB, 1376x1805px
I was thinking he would make a better Oliver Queen
>>
>>95040087
no one cares what you think Jared
>>
This all seems like conjecture.
>Scorsese is a producer
>that means WB wants Dicaprio as the joker
Like where's the logic here? Free fire didn't have Dicaprio and Scorsese was a producer on that too.
>>
>>95039968
>heath ledger was pretty right
>Jared Leto was pretty right
>third times the charm
>>
>victim of bullying
>born with a perpetual smile
My god, that sounds fucking terrible.
>>
>>95040061
A lot of autists did in fact
>>
Jared has a right to be mad,his version is already divisive hiring a popular actor to play an alternate version of the same character so he can e compared to can't make the job any easier
>>
File: Shrug Life.jpg (43KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Shrug Life.jpg
43KB, 550x400px
>>95039968
Is it time for more DCEU rumors that will be disproven a day or two afterward and forgotten entirely in a week already?
>>
>>95040146
>Like where's the logic here?
this is WB, anon..
>>95039968
shambles
>>
>>95039968
Why would you want Jonah Hill in a gritty thriller?
>>
>>95039968
I'd take Leto over him anyday, i think he would be good as an innocent comedian trying to get by
>>
>>95039968
Is this part of DiCaprio's slow transformation into Jack Nicholson?
>>
Yeah I'd be pissed if I were Leto, too.
>>
>>95039968
>Now, however, Warners wants to branch off with stand-alone movies that are unconnected to that version of the DC world. The new movies will have non-traditional takes on the heroes and villains of DC, and hopefully, attract actors and filmmakers who don’t typically toil in the comic-book movie world. War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves is developing a Batman stand-alone that, according to sources, will not star Ben Affleck, who plays the caped crusader in the DC Universe movies (Warners and Affleck have denied he is being replaced). The plan is to launch a separate label for these projects to distinguish them from the rest of the DC films. (Warners executives are acutely aware of the risks of audience confusion.)

>War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves is developing a Batman stand-alone that, according to sources, will not star Ben Affleck, who plays the caped crusader in the DC Universe movies (Warners and Affleck have denied he is being replaced).

>will not star Ben Affleck
>>
>>95039968
but aren't there like three jokers?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5dGx7vRtqA
>>
>>95040040

If you look at the side by side comparison, that is who leo is turning into body wise.

That is really why they want him. They want to recreate nicholson's joker
>>
>>95040955
>>War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves is developing a Batman stand-alone that, according to sources, will not star Ben Affleck, who plays the caped crusader in the DC Universe movies (Warners and Affleck have denied he is being replaced).
>>will not star Ben Affleck
This has been said to be total bullshit by Reeves himself as well.
>>
File: damn it man.png (346KB, 369x468px) Image search: [Google]
damn it man.png
346KB, 369x468px
>>95039968

So DC is abandoning ship on their DCEU in an effort to produce a genuine Kino?

Which one do I call "not canon"?
>>
>>95041097
Remember that time Affleck swore he was still going to direct, 5 minutes before he dropped out?

Funny thing how people in Hollywood publicly lie all the fucking time to save face until their marketing team can spin it their way.
>>
>>95041112
>Which one do I call "not canon"?

Just listen to your heart, anon
>>
>>95039999
>It's almost like everyone fucking hated Leto's performance
Loved it to the Moon and back.
>>
>>95041135

Affleck is probably just putting on the PR face until Justice League releases and then he's gone out the door
>>
>>95040201
But literally every DCEU rumor besides Wonder Woman being a mess has turned out to be true in the end.
>>
>>95040201

yeah I hate when I hear some bogus rumor like "They're making a Flash movie" or "They're making a Suicide Squad sequel" or "They're making a Green Lantern movie" and then it turns out to be bullshit

Enough is enough
>>
>>95041112
>genuine kino
>bullied
>for having a perpetual grin
Reads like a John Green YA book.
>>
>>95041216
Literally last week you got caught with that "the Batman isn't in the DCEU" fake news. Last. Week.
>>
>>95041260

I think the jury is still out on that one

don't count your chickens until they hatch
>>
I wish DC and WB would focus on trying to make the films good rather than relying star power to bail them out.
>>
>>95039968
>It'll be the first of a new banner of "auteur-driven" DC films outside the confines of their mainline cinematic universe that can contend for Academy Awards

Does anyone else find this hilarious? A movie about a guy who dresses up like a clown and fights Batman is never going to win one of these, no matter how dark and gritty they make it.
>>
>>95039968
called it the second they said Scorsese

FUCK YOU WB AND FUCK YOU DC
>>
>>95039968
Ledger was an amazing Joker and Leto was crap Joker, DC needs a great actor if they want to try some gritty thing, there aren't many options and DiCaprio could be good so I would like it if they get him.
>>
>>95041294
Reeves confirmed it on twitter. Have some dignity please
>>
>>95041135
>Remember that time Affleck swore he was still going to direct, 5 minutes before he dropped out?
I only remember him not saying shit until he dropped out.
I also remember when they were saying the Wonder Woman movie was a mess.
>>
>>95041320

Heat Legend got an Academy Award
>>
>>95041260
Let's wait until Justice League hits, they've proven they'll say anything in regards to this Batman movie then double back on it later at this point. Remember when Ben swore he would direct?

I'm thinking the rumors will turn out to be true
>>
>>95039968
>THE JOKER has been described as "gritty crime thriller"
Guys, guys
GUYS
I have an idea
What if we just once
GUYS, LISTEN
if we just once make character called Joker actually funny? What if "dark and gritty" is not what rhymes with "clown prince of crime"?
>>
>>95041294
>>95041401
>they are still going
Jesus christ. Meanwhile, in DCEU related NON fake news for a change, Wonder Woman box office has gone UP this week compared to the previous one and it's now 100% guaranteed to beat Civil War in the United States. But yeah WB surely will drop their biggest franchise right now outpacing the MCU because it's existence hurts /co/'s feelings. That makes sense
>>
>>95041426
>Expecting movies to follow the source material
>>
>>95040955
>Now, however, Warners wants to branch off with stand-alone movies that are unconnected to that version of the DC world.
Thank God if they actually want that. It is too late to try to outscore Marvel at their own game and it was kinda where DC originaly started.
>>
>>95041426
IMO "Gritty Crime Thriller" fills more Harley's character than Joker. Pic related is my proof
>>
>>95041458
I'm not saying the DCEU is dead just that it seems Affleck is looking for an exit, and WB is exploring the possibilities of outside-canon movies, which we know to be true from the bullied Joker garbage.

It's funny watching you melt down and go full shill mode dropping box office bumpers and screaming "BUT MARVEL"
>>
>>95041344
of course he said that, Justice League premiere is in November they don't want to make people think it doesn't have any value.

Batfleck won't appear in a noir batman whatever you could think about Affleck his image as batman has issues now that general audiences hated BatmanVsSuperman, they are going to think the new movies is more of the same and we have to remember that the box office fell 68% in the second week of BvS. Normies didn't enjoy the film.

Of course they need to cut the relation between BvsS and the new Batman
>>
File: 1484883775360.jpg (107KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484883775360.jpg
107KB, 960x960px
there really is nothing more satisfying than watching DC fail

November is gonna be amazing

>>95041516
>I'm not saying the DCEU is dead
literally everyone else is and for good fucking reason
>>
>>95039968
>It'll be the first of a new banner of "auteur-driven" DC films outside the confines of their mainline cinematic universe that can contend for Academy Awards.

This is by far the most important bit of news here, holy shit. I'm all for that.
>>
>>95041483
of course it was successful but it was shit, plain garbage, the same movie 30 times, the script was toilet paper again and again. Marvel doesn't care about quality they want money and fast witth no effort
>>
WB proves they haven't gotten any smarter since the Superman Lives! days. They just go "what's topical?! what's popular?! do that!!!"

>>95041582
Is this five years ago because they were saying that before BvS too.
>>
>>95041345
>I only remember him not saying shit until he dropped out.

Here:
>Ben Affleck Affirms He’s Directing ‘The Batman’; Asks Bros to Give Him a Second
Jan 10
http://collider.com/ben-affleck-the-batman-directing/

>Ben Affleck Will Not Direct ‘The Batman’ (EXCLUSIVE)
Jan 30
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ben-affleck-the-batman-will-not-direct-1201971566/
>>
>>95041516
The only reason you think any of this are these clickbait fake news. Both Affleck and Reeves confirmed Affleck will be in the Batman and the Batman will be in the DCEU. Those are primary, direct sources, not "insider sources" that are wrong 9 out of 10 times

>>95041530
Wonder Woman was introduced in BvS too and her solo movie is crushing a Spider-Man + Iron Man movie as we speak.
>>
>>95041478
There are characters fit for gritty crime triller in Batman rogues gallery, two biggest ones being Penguin and Two-Face.
>>
File: mixed reviews.jpg (27KB, 304x360px) Image search: [Google]
mixed reviews.jpg
27KB, 304x360px
>>95041612
>Marvel doesn't care about quality they want money and fast witth no effort

Tell me more about the "quality" and "effort" of the DC films
>>
>>95041478
anon, please, you're probably a newfag but you're ignoring years and maybe decades of comics, Joker absolutely fits in a gritty thriller, anyway I liked that Harley in your pic, eventually, someday maybe we'll get something like that for Harley too.
>>
>>95040128
Absolutely
>>
>>95041657
>Both Affleck and Reeves confirmed Affleck will be in the Batman and the Batman will be in the DCEU. Those are primary, direct sources, not "insider sources" that are wrong 9 out of 10 times

Affleck also once was supposed to script, act AND direct the movie, but not anymore

these people can drop out of this shit any time they want to
>>
>>95041657
>Both Affleck and Reeves confirmed Affleck will be in the Batman and the Batman will be in the DCEU.

Like Ben inisisted he was still going to direct.

With the DCEU 9 times out of 10 the rumors have been TRUE. If they're still pretending Ben will be in the movie after Justice League maybe I'll believe you, but until then I'm going to go with the leaks that have been mostly correct so far.
>>
>>95041669
Whatever DC does, It doesn't change this simple truth

>Marvel doesn't care about quality or your comics nowadays, they sold the same fucking movie time after time.

>The script is always, with a couple of exceptions, toilet paper. Not normal shit, real stinky shit.
>>
>>95040061
Desu if my coworker gave me a used condom I'd be upset too
>>
>>95041354
It was because he died an you know it
>>
>>95039968
>>THE JOKER has been described as "gritty crime thriller" chronicling the villain's childhood, when he was a victim of bullying for being born with a "perpetual grin"
That's autistic. Just have him be a random guy down on his luck and make it "The Adventures of the Red Hood" for an hour and a half until his fateful meeting with a young Batman that causes him to fall into Ace chemicals and disfigure him, causing him to go insane. We can see things from his perspective and warped point of view, which could look great visually.
>>
>>95041483
I guess this has to be bait but what that guy meant by "outpacing the MCU" is that the first 4 DCEU movies have made more than the first 4 MCU movies, which is true.

And no, MCU isn't making more money than Star Wars.
>>
>>95041705
Not completely, they can't. Taking Affleck out of the director chair was probably a good move PR wise because a lot of BvS problems seem to be his ideas, not counting the Live by Night disaster and his divorce.

Recasting Batman is a fucking disaster and they won't let it happen. Not printing money like they do now

>>95041756
>With the DCEU 9 times out of 10 the rumors have been TRUE
Oh so James Wan is leaving too? Or Margot Robbie? How about all those Green Lantern Corps Goyer was writing we never heard of again, surely not fake news at all haha! And Wonder Woman was such a mess it has a higher metascore than Winter Soldier and both Guardians of the Galaxy. Or Batman not being in the DCEU, confirmed fake last week by Reeves himself. The list goes on and on
>>
>>95041705
Affleck said he wants and expects to be batman but we don't know and if I remember rightly they had stated a long while ago the movie was going to be directed by Affleck, after produced by Affleck but it didn't happen, he is not writting it or producing it.

He won't be the actor cause it is not convenient, normies don't want to know anything about BatmanVSuperman, normies won't give him another chance they thought his film was boring.
>>
>>95040165
Depends how they play it. But yeah.
>>
File: file.png (687KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
687KB, 900x599px
>>95039968
>memenardo dicrapio
>not /ourboy/ Willem Dafoe
>>
>>95039999
was he the one incharge of the script and wardrobe?
>>
>>95041546
Nigga if suicide squad didn't murder the DCU in cold blood nothing will
>>
>>95043202
He's old.
>>
>>95041546
>literally everyone else is and for good fucking reason
SQ made a buttload of money and Wonder woman did pretty well money and reviews wise
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.