[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they never became a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_ntmf8jpToe1ua7vhso3_540.png (192KB, 512x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntmf8jpToe1ua7vhso3_540.png
192KB, 512x280px
Why did they never became a thing?
>>
File: 1487549897143.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1487549897143.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>95033767
Simply put? Spiderman is too popular to cross-pollinate with characters from other book regularly and Marvel hadn't figured out what they wanted out of Carol at the time

You have to remember when the issue that popularized the ship was released Carol was still Miss Marvel and didn't have a movie in the pipeline so Marvel wasn't going to have their golden boy waste time on a relationship that wouldn't effect his on-going continuity

They could try it now....but after all the shitty transformations they've put Carol and Peter through I'd say drop it
>>
>>95033936
Pretty much this. Not to mention Peter was married when they started teasing it, then after he unmarried, they didn't stick him with anybody long term.

I wish they'd tried it. The stuff Reed wrote with them was really cute.
>>
>>95033936
Hey you could combine 2 characters at their lowest into 1 couple that is slightly mediocre
>>
I havent been keeping with the comics much lately.

Do the avengers still considerate spidey a second class hero they cant tolerate?
>>
>>95033767
Now that you mention it, given how much they're trying to push Carol as their main female superhero, I'm surprised they aren't giving this another try. Instead, we're getting Peter and Bobbi, along with the return of the "feminist agenda" shirt.
>>
>>95033767

It's a shit pairing that literally only self-inserting Parkerfags want. Let your perennial fucking manchild keep his stupid personal harem and leave other heroes out of it.
>>
>>95033767
because caol is boring af
>>
>>95033767
the dyke cut?
>>
>>95033767
It made a lot of sense, I mean with Carol being a flying brick Pete didn't have to worry about her getting hurt so it gave them a fun dynamic.

It's the same reason Kitty Pryde worked so well as Pete's girlfriend in Ultimate. I loved some of those stories with the two of them heroing about.
>>
>>95033767
Peter was just her substitute for Jess.
>>
>>95033767
Because Wacker wasn't Marvel's owner.
>>
File: RCO006_w_1496839945.jpg (318KB, 1008x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO006_w_1496839945.jpg
318KB, 1008x1600px
>>95034033
Yes. He even gets talked down to by fucking Nadia, a teenager. Every other sentence out of his mouth is a quip which utterly infuriates every Avenger member.

This page really makes me angry since Spiderman is what, 30 years old now, and is being berated by a 16 year old who has no idea what his powers do.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.