[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck can an episode be so depressing? The last minute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: The Bot.jpg (594KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Bot.jpg
594KB, 1920x1080px
How the fuck can an episode be so depressing? The last minute and a half was nothing but gut wrenching.

>Wander innocently saying good luck to beep boop, thinking he's alive and changed, going to do anything with his newfound interest in good
>cut to beep boop dead and his wander pictures drifting in space
>>beep boop's drawing in the sand is washed away and the final bit is erased audibly over the credit logos
Why is the series so underrated? Dominator wasn't even that great but that's all anyone here talks about.
>>
>>95027710
What makes the gut punch even stronger is that the episode before that one was really funny and lighthearted. Then this episode comes out of nowhere and hits you like a ton of bricks.

The only bad thing about the second season was that you had to enjoy the first one to get the most out of the second. And if you didn't enjoy the first season or ignored the second one, you really missed out.
>>
File: Wander.jpg (615KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wander.jpg
615KB, 1920x1080px
>>95028277
Yea, I agree on both those things.

I like the show because I like Wander, and of course the rest of the characters, I'm invested in them but especially Wander, seeing him sad makes me sad. I like the soundtrack and the "help everyone" aspect that doesn't delve into pure preschool-tier stuff.

I feel a 3rd season would've solidified it as a really great show, I'd say perfect but that's putting it on a pedestal. It just needed a bit extra time to show people it wasn't the Nick Jr show it might appear as, and maybe let people warm up to Wander. Plus the season structure of "Episodic fun / serialized plot / backstory" is pretty neat, and I especially supported it with this show because it would've been fun and creative while connecting the characters even more.

I really just wanted an episode that finalized Wander and Hater being buddies. We had a bunch of times where Hater joined in the antics but in the end he never changed.

That said I wish they didn't try to make The Flower wacky and funny, it was emotionally mixed and I felt like they were taking joy in Wander's sadness a bit.
>>
File: Wander.png (562KB, 1057x961px) Image search: [Google]
Wander.png
562KB, 1057x961px
Also I'm gonna give it a shot, I realize my OP doesn't draw in Wander fans from the picture not being apparent- and the topic- but does anyone know if Amazon has the series? Are there 1080p rips from them? I can't tell what my rips are from, I think Disney's site, but other times it's surely Itunes.

The quality is pretty iffy at times and downright bad a few others, I've heard some Amazon copies of some cartoons are better than Itunes. I just want the finale in better quality.
>>
File: TG.jpg (506KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TG.jpg
506KB, 1920x1080px
>>95028922
This scene was especially bad, I can tell it's because everything's moving and the compression of the upload mixed badly.
>>
For once a wacky fantastical cartoon was gonna bring Earth into their series and we didn't get it. I wanted to see Earth.
>>
File: dominator.png (194KB, 942x520px) Image search: [Google]
dominator.png
194KB, 942x520px
I'd watch a 3rd season made in animatics with the voice actors back.

I don't want comics, it just wouldn't be fun, maybe if they weren't series finale arc focused though
>>
File: Disney-YP.gif (1MB, 1333x750px) Image search: [Google]
Disney-YP.gif
1MB, 1333x750px
YP's rip is much better, just a bit zoomed in but waayy less compressed.

This is a GIF- the first (worst) is the one I'm not sure what source it is, but says Pre-Air in the title, presumably a Disney site rip back when that happened. Second is YP's and it's pretty improved.

Still though, anyone with a few bucks to spare (in this economy?) could see Amazon's quality with one episode to see if it's worth it. This is the show I care most about's quality. It's a beautiful series.
>>
>>95030769
I know, the animation is fantastic. Some of the best I've ever seen. I just wish they got to make the final third season.
>>
>>95030822
I'm so glad the animation got better in S2 with shading and smoother transitions rather than go the Star Vs way which I've heard went to non-flash Rough Draft Studios and is kinda jerky with its movements.
>>
>>95030822
>Some of the best I've ever seen
At times it's amazing but other times it's weird and kinda bad, I like when they use copy pasting though in most situations when they're animating many things, most cartoons just don't animate that much happening, or create the illusion of a heavy scene.

I really need to point this out though, the fucking fill bucket issue, where something black has white lines through it where either the pivots are or where they filled it in and it wasn't solid, it can be pretty nasty sometimes in the series.
>>
File: feHrY.jpg (89KB, 1206x672px) Image search: [Google]
feHrY.jpg
89KB, 1206x672px
At this point I realize it's an uninteresting point but both versions seem to have their better points, Left is the bad compression one, Right is the new version I found.

In left's version sometimes there's more pure-color areas, and in Right's sometimes there's more fuzz. In left's sometimes the background is more detailed (this isn't in this picture), and in the Right sometimes it's more blurry.

I know it's just not interesting to about the majority of anyone who might see this ignored thread, but figured I'd just get it out of my system. Maybe I can find a 3rd version one day that's actually the best that's out there.
>>
>>95030005
I think Earth was going to be seen for maybe 2 minutes, Hater is sent to space for the space exploration nasa stuff, weird space shenanigans happen and Hater ends up in a space circus ship, yadda yadda he might be mocked and laughed at and he gets mad or something. Where his powers come from can be many things, something in the ship when it crashed? Something from the NASA guys gave him? A different thing he encounters? Maybe from the circus ship?
>>
File: IW.jpg (728KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IW.jpg
728KB, 1920x1080px
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.