[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zootopia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

Wow, this film was fucking great.
What was the original plan? I can't imagine it being even better than it was.

So....Nick and Judy the worlds first predator/prey interspecies couple??

The only thing I disliked was the Shakira character...meh; and the song sucked.

Whats the film in the middle though?
>>
>>95019079
>Whats the film in the middle though?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantic_(2020_film)
>>
>The only thing I disliked was the Shakira character...meh; and the song sucked.
She wasn't even a character; she interacts with no one and her only lines are a badly-written monologue which distracts from the main character undergoing development.
>>
In the original, Zootopia was a bleak dystopian world where predators wore shock collars that would electrocute them whenever they felt any strong emotion. It got scrapped partially because it was too dark and partially because nobody on the writing staff could really come up with a story beyond the setting. The last build of the film before the rework was said to feel like it dragged on forever and never really went anywhere.
>>
>>95019079
I liked the part where it was a translucently veiled allegory about racial tensions in America
>>
The only good thing about the film was the animation quality.

I mean, really.
>>
File: image.png (248KB, 515x774px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
248KB, 515x774px
>>
>>95020052
And Judy's delicious flat chest.
>>
>>95020494
Dem Hips
>>
>>95019345
Kek yeah this, but still good movie
>>
>>95020584
>>95019345
the racial allegory fell really flat to me, because the zootopia situation isn't at all comparable to what goes on with humans
and especially not america
>>
>>95020696
Just think of the shock collar version.
>>
>>95020696
That's the point. It wasn't supposed to target any specific groups. The movie criticized prejudice itself, not anyone prejudiced in particular.

>>95020952
AKA "a movie so heavy handed it had to remade from scratch".
>>
>>95020052
WRONG
>>95020952
but that version doesn't even have a story that we know of
it would have been interesting though; if anything, I can see the shock collar world being a result of the going savage thing, had Judy not solved the case
and while that would have been interesting, we didn't actually see that.
>>95021008
>That's the point. It wasn't supposed to target any specific groups. The movie criticized prejudice itself, not anyone prejudiced in particular.
yeah good point.
I guess its just so hard to divorce criticism from a "real" equivalent
>>
File: 45768787009.gif (247KB, 272x203px) Image search: [Google]
45768787009.gif
247KB, 272x203px
>>95019321
but it was a good movie! director said so.

they only couldn't came up with a satisfying ending.
>>
So what happened to all the lizards and fish?
>>
>>95020696
>I need heavy handed allegory to tell me what to think
it's a movie about understanding where racial tension comes from and examining the notion that the topic is really complex. that is what makes it different.
>>
>>95021854
Lizards, Fish and Birds couldn't evolve
maybe something to do with their reptilian brains
>>
>>95021826
Then it wasn't a good movie.
>>
>>95019321
I really do not see how it could have ended that story. And there did not seem to be much of a villain plot in that version either.
>>
File: pixar saw some shit.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
pixar saw some shit.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>95022137

like haiti massacre.
>>
File: CgxEJSjUoAAkDaI[1].jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CgxEJSjUoAAkDaI[1].jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>95021941
>maybe something to do with their reptilian brains

Wow, Judy. Wow. I thought you were better than this.
>>
File: you're a credit to your people.jpg (801KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
you're a credit to your people.jpg
801KB, 3024x4032px
>>95022195
>he doesnt know
>>
File: 9876543.gif (963KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
9876543.gif
963KB, 250x187px
>>95020052

Have to agreee, i was mesmerized by the looks, that new resolution, attention to detail in animation and designs. Loved it so much went to see it couple of times on big screen,. Later found out more about the movie, it was disappointing, disturbing and depressing.

Also: teaching about tolerance when half of the europe is on the brink of civil war, thank you Disney, but i ain't buying this shit.
>>
>>95019079
Wildehopps 4 life.
>>
>>95020532
And her cute fluffy bunny footpaws
>>
>>95019079
>What was the original plan?
A bit more dystopia with Preds having to wear shock colars.
Also the plan before that one was a spy movie with a rabbit named Jack Savage and some artic Vixen called Skye. Surprisingly much fan art with those two
>>
>>95019345
It's not that it was translucently veiled that I liked, it's that it was deliberately realist and unbiased in a way you could only be if you were only making an allegory to humanity(ie animal people) rather than directly using humanity
if you say a black person runs faster and a white person is smarter you're literally hitler, but if you do it with 2 different animals it's fine
>>
I thought the film was mediocre to average at best but I found myself slightly obsessed with the world/architecture of the city. I thought the city design was really cool.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.