[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win in a fight Superman or Wonder Woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 19

File: IMG_3797.jpg (525KB, 1024x1588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3797.jpg
525KB, 1024x1588px
The answer is superman but I've seen quite a few wonder fags say she's stronger, despite SM having way greater feats. What do you guys think
>>
Reminder: Superman got knocked out by a mere Supernova. I don't know if Diana stands a chance, but how some people genuinely think that he can win against the likes of Goku is beyond me, lol.
>>
>>94973802
Wonder Woman is just as strong but a better fighter and her weapons are infused with magic. Superman has no chance.
>>
File: WW vs necks.jpg (3MB, 1496x5224px) Image search: [Google]
WW vs necks.jpg
3MB, 1496x5224px
>>94973802
Clark would try to be reasonable, while Diana would go directly for the neck
>>
>>94973838
Dip him in the sun and let's see how long she last. Doesn't matter how much of a better fighter she is than him, he's way faster and stronger. And could have easily thrown her into the sun http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/36657/1795221-superman_vs_wonder_woman.png
>>
File: IMG_3798.png (1MB, 583x890px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3798.png
1MB, 583x890px
>>94973851
Hers would be gone vs sm
>>
>>94973851
That's some neckromancy.
>>
>>94973802
Which book is the fight taking place in?
>>
>>94973889
We're obviously talking about normal Superman you fucking dweeb. No shit that crazy OP sun-soaked Superman would destroy everyone.
>>
>>94973851
>the one with the :p shirt
When did Zenescope draw WW?
>>
File: 1503327014269.jpg (753KB, 1024x1545px) Image search: [Google]
1503327014269.jpg
753KB, 1024x1545px
>>94973824
>>
>>94973889
>he's way faster and stronger
No.
>>
>>94974239
Why is Strength so underrated ?
>>
>>94973802
If both are serious Superman wins because he is not just super strong but also super fast.(writers tend to "forget" this ability so superman fights can make sense a little)

Most wonder woman incarnations(or all of them maybe) don't have flash like speed.
>>
>>94973802
>>94973889
>>94974449
>>
>>94974449
>Most wonder woman incarnations(or all of them maybe) don't have flash like speed.
Except that she does.
>>
>>94974472
AGHHHHH SAVE ME BATMAN
>>
>>94974472
Didn't her attacked him when he was distracted though?

As far as i remember he beated her quit easily and when he was distracted she a attacked him.
>>
File: file.png (925KB, 520x799px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
925KB, 520x799px
>>94974483
Where? some old incarnation i presume?

Because modern wonder woman doesn't have time freeze speed like Injustice superman or at very least super fast like justice league cartoon superman.

Superman 52 was constantly showing super speed i never saw wonder woman doing the same.
>>
>>94974551
>Injustice superman
dude see: >>94974472
wondy destroyed supes, she made him look like a bitch
>>
>>94974573
She attacked him when he was distracted.

Some panels before that he was beating her quite easily(That is why she is bleeding). Superman got distracted talking and she attacked. If they were both fighting focused she would lose just like she lost in the game.

Wonder woman is a jobber in this universe btw.
>>
>>94974573
And injustice should never be used as an example for anything because it is inconsistent as fuck and doesn't write any of the characters well or consistently
>>
>>94974573
Are you retarded? Using injustice has "evidence" when in one of the panels superman straight up tanks atoms explosion but wonder woman woman who was several meters away from the blast needed getting burnt and sent into a coma. But somehow later on she managed to beat superman. Also not to mention the superman from the other universe beat the shit out of this one right after defeating doomsday. Using injustice as any type of reference, is stupid.
>>
>>94974483
Wonder Woman isn't in any way shape or form faster than super man. Not even close. She fast lighting quick reflexes not lighting quick speed and even if she did, superman can move at the speed of light and faster.
>>
>>94974128
So you admit superman is stronger than Wonder Woman. We're talking about them going all out. And if he's going all out, he's dipping himself in that saucy sun
>>
>>94974573
Even though the next issue it is clearly stated that it happened only because he held back retards will still use this page as an example. Or use Injustice as an example at all.
>>
>>94974573
Hal Jordan literally stated that superman felt no fear and longer cares if he lives or dies. Fear is a very important aspect of a being for them to have the will to carry on and fight. You know, fight or flight. Being scared to die/lose some one you love would mean you would go all out, but superman in injustice didn't give af, he lost his fear and his will to live when Lois and the unborn baby died. He was essentially holding back basically
>>
File: neck are so 2000s.jpg (287KB, 1100x703px) Image search: [Google]
neck are so 2000s.jpg
287KB, 1100x703px
>>94973851
>still a neckfag
Diana is a modern woman, she breaks what she wants.
>>
>>94974808
>>94974859
>he was holding back

she was also holding back, she didn´t want to kick his ass, but she did it anyways, that´s no excuse
>>
>>94973802
I'm a WWfag and even I have to admit Supes would win in a fair fight. If you take away from his durability and reduce his speed then we can argue for days. Wondie - if we don't count her profiency in bullets and bracelets - was never shown with Flash tier speed, which Superman uses regularly.
>>
>>94973824
Reminder: A bullet actually hurt Goku fairly recently.
>>
>lol he fast tho
Except time and time again his speed has been used against him. Superman isn't like The Flash who uses his speed with variety and tactically.
He just rushes ahead like a fucking knob and is open to a counter.
>>
>>94973802
They already fought in Injustice and Superman lost
>>
Superman should win, but you can write Wonder Woman winning without too much assorted bullshit.
>>
>>94975329
They already fought when Max Lord was controlling him and Wonder Woman admitted she lost which is why she went for Max.
>>
>>94974573
Yeah that's what Injustice is literally about, making superman look like a bitch.
>>
>>94973802

If I were helming DC I'd be inclined to shift Supes into a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none metahuman role. He is strong, but there is someone stronger (Diana?) in the JLA. He is durable, but someone (Barda?) is tougher. Fast, but Flash is faster. Everything he can do, he does at an 8-9 level while DC has some other heroes who either currently operate at or are power-boosted to reach 10.

Supes being the best at everything was precisely why DC stagnated in the 1970s, they couldn't even allow for Flash to beat Supes in a foot race because by editorial decree Supes was the best at everything. Thats *boring*, and worst it not only holds telling Superman stories down, it drags the entire DC universe down to that same level.

I'd be inclined to give Supes *more* powers, also limited compared to others. We keep tiptoeing around Supes having some limited telekinetic shielding, let him have that but GL clearly is better at making shields and constructs. Play up his "super intellect" but have Bats one step ahead of him.

It wouldn't lessen Supes, it would make him stand out while at the same time not overshadowing everyone else. Kinda like the silver-age flavor of Ultra Boy, he has a host of powers but where he can only use one at a time it gives a unique limitation. Make Supes have his host of powers that, used together, make him a true superman, but he is never allowed to be the best at any one thing.

Will never happen but... hey, I've seen Supes being slowly powered down over decades, maybe it'll continue and be evened out over more time.
>>
File: 1500528929526.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500528929526.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>94973824
>Superman got knocked out by a mere Supernova
>>
>>94973838
>Wonder Woman is just as strong
Not even close buddy
>>
>>94974472
>Fucking Injustice

Fuck off and die
>>
>>94974483
No she doesn't, why are you lying
>>
File: IMG_0450.png (4MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0450.png
4MB, 1536x2048px
>>94973838
>>94974472
>>94974483
>>94974573
>>94974965
>>94975045
>>94975329
Wonder Woman in her current form is vulnerbale to fucking bullets. Superman pushes his pinky finger into her brain and she is fucking finished.
>b-but Wondy is as string as Superman
SHe's as strong as Superman when he's fighting while not trying to destroy the Earth. If you took them to an abandoned planet and they were in kill mode, Superman would stomp her in a second
>>
I'm a huge Superfag, but I've always thought of the Trinity thusly:

Batman: Smartest
Wonder Woman: Greatest fighter
Superman: Strongest, moral center

Diana has literally trained for perhaps centuries on an island of immortal demigod warriors. Clark is a farmboy from Kansas. He's probably a good deal stronger, power-wise, but she is the better combatant.
>>
>>94974239
Autism
>>
>>94973824
He was knocked out, but that was early in his career since the book were it happened was a retelling of his first encounter with Brainiac. He takes way stronger shit later on.
>>
>>94975797
Superman is as strong as the writers need him to be, he's inconsistent as fuck. Not to mention still being hit by a nuke when Nu52 supes was the canon until the fans complained to get the old superman back.
>>
>>94974472
Didn't Superman end up winning that fight, though?
>>
>>94973802
Assuming both just want to win, Clark.
>>
>>94975836
This argument went with goku vs superman. Superfags are unmoved by this fact and think technique can't do shit.
>>
>>94976619
No, the gods took over for a time
>>
>>94976629
Well that's because Goku sucks and Dragonball is shit, so obviously people will take whatever excuse to side against it.
>>
>>94975836
The thing is we have a dozen comics where it's shown that Superman has trained in some form of martial arts and he knows how to fight. He's not just some big brute. The guy has trained with both Diana and Bruce because he saw he needed to learn how to fight. In the New Krypton story arc he's shown to have learned knowledge of pressure points and martial arts. In For Tomorrow he's shown doing kicks and techniques that aren't just punching. Superman KNOWS how to fight. Not like Diana, but considering how strong he is, he doesn't really need it that much.
>>
>>94976643
Great analysis
>>
>>94974239
Who is supes fighting in the original page?
>>
>>94975836
>>94976629
weight classes exist for a reason. technique can only get you so far before raw strength overwhelms it.
>>
>>94973802
1) Feats and Logic-wise, Superman way more powerful

2) Recorded Fight-wise , Wonder Woman has had the upper hand in fights (maybe because she's a woman)

3) Fuck Off with the "Who Would Win" faggotry
>>
>>94976954
Wight class doesn't apply with super powered warriors.
>>
>>94977140
She isnt stronger than supes. She is almost as strong as him and can take him in a fight due to her superior fighting experience.

If the fight goes on any longer Supes win if the guy is blood thirsty. Otherwise Diana uses her brains to take Superman out. (i.e neck snapping Maxwell)

THIS has been the case under a lot of good WW writers. Even Rucka implied Supes was more powerful than Diana and she would barely survive due to her skill alone.
>>
>>94977207
They do when one is much stronger than you.
>>
>>94975836
I feel like it should go:
>Strength
Superman>Wonder Woman>Batman
>Skill
Batman>Wonder Woman>Superman
So Wonder Woman isn't the strongest or most skilled, but she is balanced and a good Jill of All Trades.
>>
>>94975797
that's not my WW

as much as I love ww I still know supes would win
>>
>>94977233
All this "ww is almost as strong as sm" is fucking stupid, when you look at their feats and the shit he can do because is powers are basically limitless, if he all of a sudden didn't forget about the amount of op shit he can do, which a lot of writes seem to "forget" that he can do some really crazy shit. He'll straight up rape her. Superman is strong af, he grabs and she's done.
>>
>>94977342
>>Skill
>Batman

Please

Diana has more training and her training was against people who are higher than peak human - her fellow Amazons. Bruce's advantage here would be that he, perhaps, has studied more different fighting techniques but against people like the Penguin and Joker (who no one except the creators of The Batman cartoon are going to argue are any kind of fighters in any kind of discipline) and your garden variety criminal in Gotham (again, we're not talking professional MMA level people for the most part), Bruce is Sheldon Cooper claiming he can swim because he's studied it. It's totally bullshit to think he literally has the most skills.

In addition, strength even with far lesser skills is going to defeat skills with far lesser strength. These are not video game battles we are talking about.
>>
>>94977207
They apply even more with super powered warriors, since in normal life one opponent is never strong enough to reduce the other to a pile of torn flesh with one punch
>>
>>94977342
Diana had centuries of training, but Batman has supposedly more skill
Batfaggotry is getting more and more ridiculous
>>
>>94973802
They've fought before. Under one circumstances, Superman was holding back, likely because he thought there was some weird shit going down. He broke off the fight to go save the rest of the Justice League from being jettisoned out into space. This was in "League of One", which features Diana taking out the rest of the League so they wouldn't get killed fighting a big fucking dragon, because of a goofy prophecy.

The more infamous example, was when Max Lord made him think Diana was Doomsday, who had just killed his wife. Diana held on and incapacitated Clark long enough to talk to Max and break his neck.
>>
>>94973802
Whoever Batman wants to
>>
>>94973802

Wonder woman gets Kryptonite wrist bands and Tiara. Problem solved.
>>
>>94974472
>Implying Injustice comics will ever represent mainverse DC

It's an elseworld, anon. Injustice means shit.
>>
>>94975640
wow you get triggered fast, what a little bitch
>>
>>94973802
I think that superman is the most OP character ever.

He is the literal definition of a Mary Sue. He is as strong and as fast and as intelligent as he needs to be.

He comes across any obstacles, well, he was "Holding back".

It's just shitty and uninteresting writing, when you have to call fowl *every single time* someone is defeated because "Oh, he TOTALLY could have defeated so-and-so, he was just holding back."

So of course superman is going to win.

Shitty character, shitty thread, you should be ashamed of yourself for ever even bringing it up.

OP characters are the cancer of any media. It is an objective truth, if you disagree, you just aren't intelligent enough to deal with your favourite character maybe having some weakness, and troubles in his/her battles.
>>
>>94981466
>t. Never read a Superman book
>>
I always felt Wonder Woman would, especially if she ditched the bracelets, but I also don't really see why they'd ever get to that level of fighting, so I really don't care.
>>
>>94981495
Except I have.
>Waaaah, I have so much power, how do I relate to these humans!
>My planet died so I have to adopt this one and protect everyone, i have such a hero complex, I can't let anyone die, boo hoo.
>Insert more predictable wholesome crap here.

It's just not interesting at all.
>>
>>94981623
t. never read a Superman book
>>
>>94976582
True but the gap between a supernova and the whole universe is incredibly huge.
>>
File: DefenseInDBZ.jpg (187KB, 920x1793px) Image search: [Google]
DefenseInDBZ.jpg
187KB, 920x1793px
>>94974999
Nice trips, but that's because he was caught off guard. It's actually a recurring theme in Dragonball/Z/S that Goku drops his guard A LOT when he shouldn't. With his guard up he can withstand planet destroying blasts without flinching. Without it, He's barely more than bullet proof.
>>94975578
Anime filler, but also still fits my explanation.

Pic related.
>>
>all these sexist pricks in this thread
It's 2017 ponies and if they'd fighter she would destroy him. Remember, Batman has no contingency plan for her.
>>
>>94973802
Does Supes have a neck?
>>
>>94980582
Sorry, it's just annoying when people use an Elseworlds as proof of anything
>>
>>94981623
Thank you for confirming you don't read Superman.
>>
There are three methods to measure this.
1) Compare the most powerful either character has ever been. i.e Define their best. Superman wins here, Silver age or DC 1,000,000 is crazy powerful.
2) Compare the current power levels as of latest book published. i.e. Compare current state. Harder to judge, but seems to be Superman.
3) Accept the meta and measure based on readership and impact on the audience. Superman wins here. by a long long way. He might even beat Jesus on this criteria.
>>
File: 1493451036466.jpg (823KB, 1223x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1493451036466.jpg
823KB, 1223x1920px
>>94973802
You tell me, OP
>>
>>94974255
Yes
>>
>>94974980
>Supes would win in a fair fight
Or an unfair fight.
>>
File: 2D33lR8.jpg (123KB, 490x746px) Image search: [Google]
2D33lR8.jpg
123KB, 490x746px
>>94979413
>when Max Lord made him think Diana was Doomsday
That one's actually a lot of fun to bring up. See, nothing HE does to HER matters, because he's not fighting her like she's Wonder Woman, he's fighting her like she's Doomsday. so any time she catches him by surprise it means nothing. But other things, like her breaking her wrist on his face, is completely legit, because he wouldn't roll with the punch like he usually does when forced to fight his friends. Pic related.
>>
>>94982084
He does, it's Superman
>>
>>94975836
Get the fuck out of here, Batcuck. Batman is a genius by HUMAN standards. Superman literally became a surgeon by just reading through a collection of books almost instantaneously.
>>
>>94982129
>what is regeneration
She's already slit is threiat before only for him to straight up regen fast af
>>
>>94973851
>all these alternate universe examples to force this meme some more
ok
>>
>>94973824
Wow that is some Master Level bait troll skills right there. A perfect topic diversion into Superman v Goku 10 out of 10 Bravo
>>
>>94973802
As long as Wonder Woman has a sword Superman is easily sliced in half

Even with just a bracelets alone she could best Superman because all he does is punch and Wonder Woman has real technique

It's like Judo versus a weightlifter
>>
File: wonder woman bulletproof.jpg (564KB, 1079x2073px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman bulletproof.jpg
564KB, 1079x2073px
Wondiefag here.

Historically Diana has never been as strong or fast as Superman. Post-Crisis, flight was added to her powers, but she still couldn't go anywhere fast unless she use Hermes' sandals. Though there were a few times, particularly when written by Waid, where her powers were exaggerated.

After Infinite Crisis editorial/corporate decided to make her Superman level, and canonically "the strongest female in the DCU". IMO this was a stupid move, but post-New 52, this didn't seem to be necessarily a hard rule, because particularly in Azzarello's run her powers were downplayed, yet in Superman/Wonder Woman writers repeatedly made her Superman's equal in powers, including often mistakenly making her bulletproof.
>>
Strength: Goes to Superman. I would say WW is an 7-8 compared to Superman's 10 or 11 if he doesn't hold back.

Speed: Goes to Superman easily

Reflexes: Goes to WW, however sometimes Superman is shown seeing things in slow motion like the flash

Durability: No brainer Superman

Fight Skill: WW easy

No morals on Superman Stomps if he actually goes full on murder mode. Wasn't their a comic where he flicked his blood and broke WW sword?
>>
File: 3009292-wonder.jpg (575KB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
3009292-wonder.jpg
575KB, 1920x1476px
>>94975797
>>
>>94988073
>injustice
What do you hope to gain from lying?
>>
File: 1503414777777.jpg (127KB, 784x504px) Image search: [Google]
1503414777777.jpg
127KB, 784x504px
>>94988166
>b-b-b-but injustice dont matter
every time
>>
>>94988260
>Never showed cased a feat like that other than inJUSTice
Might as well bring up All Star Superman if we are gonna use elseworlds
>>
>>94988073
>>94988260
really gets the gray matter going
>>
>>94988073
Injustice posters are the fucking worst
>>
File: accident.jpg (227KB, 1280x999px) Image search: [Google]
accident.jpg
227KB, 1280x999px
>>94988679
>>
File: 1486399229534.jpg (269KB, 640x574px) Image search: [Google]
1486399229534.jpg
269KB, 640x574px
>>94988679
>>94988679
>>94988819
nice salt
>>
>>94989025
what?
>>
>>94988819

Shitty death, but believable. Given how much bullshit that baseline humans get away with in comics due to plot armor, you forget how vulnerable they're supposed to be to some of the most mundane shit.
>>
>>94973802
Superman is a over grown boy scout. He always holds back.
>>
Now that the WW movie took off. WW would win
>>
>>94988260
So can I start posting the Silver Age stuff where Superman sneezes galaxies out of existence to prove you're a fucking retard two ways then?
>>
>>94981623
Thats literally the definition of a faggot who hasn't read superman
>>
>>94992144
the reason you can't use that because it got retconed out of existence injustice is an alt universe so if we are talking that superman yes if we are talking about primeverse superman(superboy prime) yes but current superman in rebirth no (currently blind)
>>
>>94973802
Wonder Woman is just as strong, has better fighting skills and is much more faster and smarter since she's a girl. It should be obvious.
>>
A more specific question: can Superwoman's sword cut off Superman's balls?
>>
>>94994215
>Wonder Woman is just as strong,

No
>>
>>94992694
Hes not blind anymore,currently hes hosting parallax
>>
>>94992694
He isn't blind anymore but hosting Parallax.
Should we let Diana fight against Superparallax?
>>
>>94992694
Injustice is still an alternate universe and doesn't count for the main universe Superman, because they aren't the same person.
>>
>>94975578
What the fuck, Krillin
>>
>>94981466
Looks like some copypasta faggotry
>>
>>94981466
Superman constantly gets his ass beat what are you on about. Batman is the biggest Mary Sue of DC by far
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.