[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is T'Challa a Mary Sue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

File: black-panther.jpg (139KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
black-panther.jpg
139KB, 1080x720px
Is T'Challa a Mary Sue?
>>
Are you black?
>>
>>94953833
Not any more than Batman or Captain America.
>>
>>94953833
is Wakanda a Mary Sue nation?
ultratecnologic nigger nation becasue there crash a mountain of vibranium that, also, worth a gorillion
>>
>>94953871
The only similarity is that all three win fights that they should logically lose.

Panther has way more bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (532KB, 1228x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
532KB, 1228x950px
>>94953893
Wakanda got it's shit wrecked at least 5 times now and has collapsed in at least two revolutions that led to t challa loosing his absolute monarchy powers

it's the speedsters of cities in marvel,OP in isolation but jobs all the fucking time
>>
>>94953833

Everyone doesn't like him and he spends most of his time having to prove himself.

Probably not
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 1238x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 1238x513px
>>94953905
Being OP=\= being a Mary Sue,T challa is flawed and suffers from his failures a lot
>>
>>94953871
>American uses drugs and steroids to become a hero
Truly the American dream
>>
>>94953936
>Everyone doesn't like him
The entirety of the hero community sucks his cock.
>>
>>94953905
Cap is a nigger cripple who got drugged by a Jew and thus became a symbol of everything USA.

Batman is a rich man beating up homeless white males with mental health issues and fucks with the police as a hobby.

Panther is the king of a nation in a fantasy setting.

Honestly, of the lot, he's the most realistic and least offensive given the setting.
>>
>>94953979
>King of a place that exists way before the Human sapiens, advanced because reasons and richer than the rest of the world put together because of a metal they don't trade anyway.
>I-It is realistic!
>>
>>94953833

Yes. Hes got the worst qualities of a black character. Hes the embodiment of pity for his color written into a character. Hes like the current sjw characters written a long time ago.

Luke Cage is vastly superior.
>>
File: image.jpg (974KB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
974KB, 1920x2951px
>>94953958
>>Most nations hate him

>>Doom hates him

>>Namor hates him

>>His people rebel against him

>>His sister doesn't like him

>>His ancestors told him to his face hear weak and doesn't deserve to rule

>>his fucking ghost dad hates him
>>
>>94953944
>T challa is flawed
What are some of his flaws?

I hope your answer is better than Dr. Doom's flaws by his fans. ("He isn't as good as Mr. Fantastic and gets bored when he conquers the world, he is, therefore, flawed!").
>>
>>94953936

Hes a complete asshole and everyone treats the ground he walks on as holy. Hes also somehow a fantastic fighter genius scientist and whatever else all at once.

Hes honestly more mary sue then anyone thinks.
>>
>>94954030
>Doom hates him
>Namor hates him
And two F4 villains represent the superhero community now?

By your logic, the F4 is very hated, too, since Doom and Namor dislike them.
>>
File: image.jpg (366KB, 1000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366KB, 1000x1518px
>>94954049
He struggles with being a superhero,king and human
After meeting reed he decided to end isolationism and get involved with other nations this angered his people which is why he's constants dealing with usurpers and foreign rulers who want some of wakandas resources that he can't share because of his job,worse yet the guy has little to no personal skills which is why whenever he gets emotional he responds like a child thanks to all the training to be a prodigy from birth ie literally sniffing Susan storm when she came for comfort,REEEIng at Namor for getting approval from T Chaka something he could never do and divorcing himself from storm literally after a tantrum fight.
he's physically and intellectually a prodigy but unlike other black panthers he takes on more roles than he should and always ends up dissapointing or angering one group or another
>>
>>94954067
You don't need to have other heroes you to be unpopular,Spiderman is liked by the entire superhero community but hates by the public and his rogues,T challa isn't a popular figure in the 616 both in his own Kingdomn and other countries,when wakanda was destroyed by the Phoenix five,Thanos invading army and the Cabal NOONE came to help them and the country collapsed without any foreign aid
>>
>>94954119
He is an autistic savant, is that what you are saying?
>>
>>94954119
most black people struggle with being human, to be fair
>>
>>94953999
>>King of a place that exists way before the Human sapiens

Well yeah, black people existed before the Pilgrim Fathers held the first Thanksgiving, so their kingdoms naturally existed before humanity emerged from Sub-humanity.
>>
>>94954119
>he struggles and succeeds at great goals
>he tries to improve his nation, some people disagree, he defeats them
>he's throwing childish tantrums yet the people he throws tantrums at are still on relatively good terms with him
>flaws
>>
>>94954143
When did Wakanda help anyone to begin with?

They refuse to share the cure for cancer, for fucks sake!

And no, if the hero community sucks your cock because you are so amazing, then "everyone doesn't like him" is a lie.
>>
>>94953944
Being unhappy is not an un-sue trait. Sues are often brooding. The core of a Mary Sue is someone that has to always be awesome or cool because the writer is writing the story imagining themselves to be the character while also controlling what happens to them.
>>
>>94954168
Wakanda specifically exists since 1.000.000 BC. Not "black people". Wakanda.
>>
>>94954187
Okay when have the heroes sucked his cock,the guys an Avenger so of coarse noones spitting at his name,what are some of these so called Black panthers wankery you've seen to justify rhat
>>
>>94954209
His time at the Fantastic Four was nothing but wankery.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>94954191
The main departure is suffering from there flaws,unlike the average Sue like Rey from force awakens T'challa looses and fails because of his inadequacy,if he was a use he's never loose,fail or in general just fuck up as much as he does
>>
>>94954230
Can you specify which run or event T'challa been with the fantastic four since his introduction and since then has developed from his mysterious wise native king routine
>>
>>94954249
What is the character flaw here? Namor being an worthless asshole? How does that impacts on T'Challa's own flaws?

And he beat the shit out of Namor after that, anyway. Namor who should be way above his weight, by the way...
>>
>>94954174
He does not succeed half the time,he tried getting married with a mutant from his past,his people hate her for being a Mutie she hates him for being autistic about his job,ends up loosing his wife and the people dispose of him for his sister,that's just one of many times T'challa failed because he juggles more roles than he can handle
>>
>>94954289
Him getting married to Storm was Mary Sueism to begin with.
>>
>>94954274
Simple,Tchallas dad and his ancestors tell him to man up and kill a planet,he pussies out,Namor the guy who drowned his country does the job,also previously his dad commanded him to kill Namor to avenge his country,he hesitates for the good of the avengers which gave manor time to do that for petty revenge ,I don't have the specific page where his dad tells him he's not worthy of being a king that's the closest page to it I could find
>>
>>94954330
So, his dad is a retarded man that disowns his son for not doing genocide and is proud of the man who destroyed his country? Okay, that makes T'Chaka a giga retard, but doesn't impact on T'Challa's character.
>>
>>94953871
Yes, all of them are Sues.
>>
File: image.jpg (308KB, 620x918px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 620x918px
>>94954322
It was written badly but a badly written story does not a Mary Sue make,the two have history it's just Hudlin preferred to ignore everything storm went through in the last 30 years for a callback to the past,still how it ended is what matters T'challa couldn't get the girl because of the conflict between what the black panther should do and what he wanted to do
>>
>>94953893
Is Attillan or Atlantis? Wakanda is just another example of the super advanced secret city state civilization trope Lee and Kirby liked to use.
>>
File: image.jpg (695KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
695KB, 1000x1537px
>>94954363
T Chaka was justified,if the planet wasn't destroyed,616 earth would have been destroyed and a black panther shouldn't have the morality of a superhero when it comes to protecting his country,Namor acted like the kind of king T'chaka wants from his son so disowned for being a weaker king than his enemy.

Character is defined by action and choice,T challa had the choice to be the king he needed to be or the hero he wants to be,chose the latter an paid for it
>>
>>94954446
I'm not exactly getting what you are trying to say.

T'Challa isn't a Mary Sue because he didn't want to kill billions of innocents? His dad and Namor being retards are his character flaws?
>>
>>94953833
he has the major drawback of being black so he can't be a Mary Sue.
>>
>>94954488
I think his flaws that he can't control his people and traditions.
>>
>>94954488
His character flaw is struggling with being a hero/king and person at the same time.As a human being he can't willingly murder an innocent world but as his dad and Namor point out it an is or them scenario.Tchalla chooses to be a decent human being and suffers for that choice,a Mary Sue would've found a vibranium super machine to avoid any difficult choice or not lost anything for doom what was morally the right thing to do
>>
>>94954517
>he can't control his people and traditions.
Not even the original Mary Sue could do that, and she definitely was a Mary Sue.
>>
>>94954249
So what I gather from this page is that the Illuminati were formed so that its members could get away with their genocides?
>>
>>94954525
>a Mary Sue would've found a vibranium super machine to avoid any difficult choice

We can't all be Reeds.
>>
File: 1z1wbyf.jpg (338KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
1z1wbyf.jpg
338KB, 600x793px
>>94953944
>Triangle man, Triangle man, usually kind to Blackheart man, they have a fight, everyone dies, triangle man.
>>
File: Whatever 3.png (375KB, 406x809px) Image search: [Google]
Whatever 3.png
375KB, 406x809px
>>94954545
>>
>>94954249
Namor was not completely prepared for dark magic, it would appear from this post.
>scumming from my tumblr using the phantom emerald, shameful
Not wanting Lust's MTF cock - you gay mein nigga zoid?
>>
>>94954249
>FAIRY GOD PARENTS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>94954687
T'Challa checks 5 out of 6.

Seems to me he is a Mary Sue.
>>
>>94953948
T'Challa freebasing the Heart Shaped Herb is different how?
>>
>>94954030
Doom and Manor hate everyone though, they're prickly supervillain dickheads.
>>
>>94953833
Most superheroes are power fantasies/wish fulfillment, so yes, but it comes with the territory so there isn't necessarily anything wrong with that.
>>
>>94954201
Only according to Jason Aaron.
>>
>>94954798
But T'Challa stands out in a world of "wish fulfillment" characters.
>>
>>94954687
>Spider-Man fits 5 out of 6
w e w
>>
>>94954754
>Like by everybody

Not so much, his people hates him all the time and thinks he is the trump of wakanda

>Fall in love

Sue storm rejected his ass.

>Courageous and intelligent

Bitch, he can't stand up to his own dad. And he is a prodigy in advance city.

>Learn difficult things

I don't know about this one.
>>
>>94953833
He is when he's written by Hudlin.
>>
>>94953871
batman is worse
>>
No, but Wakanda is.
>>
>>94954898
>Not so much, his people hates him all the time and thinks he is the trump of wakanda
While all the heroes kiss the ground where he stands.

>Sue storm rejected his ass.
A married woman didn't go all the way with him, so he isn't a Mary Sue? She swimming naked with him behind Reed's back wasn't good enough?

And Storm barely knew him and he became the love of her life.

>Bitch, he can't stand up to his own dad. And he is a prodigy in advance city.
He is literally one of the most intelligent Marvel characters.

>I don't know about this one.
I do. And he does that.
>>
...why is an african king fighting crime in USA`?
>>
>>94955047
Best not to go down that rabbit hole. You'll unravel the whole superhero genre.
>>
>>94954995
>A married woman didn't go all the way with him, so he isn't a Mary Sue? She swimming naked with him behind Reed's back wasn't good enough?
This says more about Sue than it does BP desu
>>
>>94954995
>And Storm barely knew him and he became the love of her life.

She does that to namor and spider-man.

>While all the heroes kiss the ground where he stands.

Captain marvel and Tony disagree with you.

>He is literally one of the most intelligent Marvel characters.

He stills a advance future prodigy in a world of dumb monkeys. And considering, he have to go against people that people rip him in half or shoot death beams at him. I think that balance it out.

>I do. And he does that.

Post it.
>>
>>94954187
>They refuse to share the cure for cancer, for fucks sake!

And they were absolutely in the right about it. Two villians weaponized anti-cancer drugs and treatments in-universe within the last five years or so after all.
>>
>>94955047
Because the USA is an imperfect garbage hole and Wakanda is crime free
>>
>>94955047
Because according to US comic artists Africa is mostly made up of panels without backgrounds.

Unless it's a savannah.

Nothing happens in its megacities, its giant ports or in its mining operations.
>>
>>94954756
T'Challa went from strength to strength rather than from subuman marked for sterilization under Roosevelt to embodiement of the ideals the Founding Fathers explicitly never held.
>>
>>94953833
I've been noticing a lot of anti-Black Panther threads in the last couple of months.

I wonder who could be behind these posts.
>>
>>94956214
Had Wakanda actually helped with the true cure, this wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>94956381
Some racist faggots. Its gonna get worse when the movie slowly hits.

Or maybe its the same autists who sperg on about bat god. BP is no where near the wankery level that is bat god.

Also I've noticed that the anti-batman threads have kinda dissapeared over the BP threads.

So its the same group of retards.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.