[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unproduced /co/ movies thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1894.jpg (239KB, 1006x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1894.jpg
239KB, 1006x853px
Remember that time they almost made another batman sequal after batman and robin, that wouldve had scarecrow, mad hatter, and harley quinn as the villains, and wouldve featured a cameo of the joker in a fear gas induced dream sequance that wouldve had jack nicholson cone back as the joker after what wouldve been 10 years?
>>
>>94951266
Yes. I do remember that.

Wish they had in a way. BF and B&R always got way more shit than they deserve.

Then again we probably wouldn't have had Nolanbats. And without Nolanbats there'd be no Baneposting. And without Baneposting there'd be no meme magic culture, and thus no kek, and thus Hillary would be dining on aborted fetuses in the White House as we speak.

Sometimes good things have to die, anon. It's fate.
>>
The Works would've been the earliest feature-length CGI film IIRC, were it not for limitations at the time as well as slow production. Toy Story took the prize instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_q38qWv1fo
>>
>>94951487
What the fuck is The Works? It looks and sounds like a Residents film clip.
>>
>>94951541

An AI goes rogue and wipes out the population of Earth with an army of robots and nukes. The only surviving humans are from space colonies and one of them goes to reclaim the planet for humanity. That's the female astronaut you see in the clip.

Apparently they never really settled on a single script though since they kept tweaking it to fit with what was possible in computer animation at the time. The whole thing eventually fell apart because of the cost and inefficiency of late '70s and early '80s computers.

If it'd come out in '81 or so, it'd have been one thing but after Tron in '82, Wargames in '83, and Terminator in '84, a lot of what would have made it amazing at the time visually or plotwise had already been done.
>>
File: batmanlovesbane.jpg (54KB, 618x464px) Image search: [Google]
batmanlovesbane.jpg
54KB, 618x464px
Not exactly unproduced, but I do wonder what the Dark Knight film would've been like had Heath Ledger lived.
>>
>>94951838
I heard somewhere Nolan wanted to call it Gotham City instead, but the studio insisted on a title that contains "The Dark Knight". Is it true?
>>
>>94952042
I'd believe it.
I was hoping the next film would have used anothoner bat-moniker, like "the caped crusader"
calling it "the dark knight rises" was lazy
>>
>>94951266
I don't get why Joker would be a golfer.
>>
>>94952067
It wasn't lazy. It was to symbolize that Bruce was the fire that rose from Gotham's ashes. There's a fuck ton of self-referential and religious symbolism in Nolan's bat movies.
>>
>>94952114
I got what it symbolized, I just didn't like it
>>
>>94952249
>i don't like something therefore its lazy
>>
>>94952253
It can symbolize something and still be lazy, anon.
>>
>>94952114
so if bruce was the fire that rises, why wasn't it "wayne rises"?

stop calling him by his birth name you idiot. he's not your butt buddy.
>>
Were all the voice recordings in Disney's The Kingdom of the Sun ever finished? Like 100% just for the voice acting?
If so, then I wish they finally release that film in a finished form, I don't care if they make it 100% CGI, just finish the damn film!
Or at the very least, they'll make it a blend of a CGI film with hand-drawn characters kinda like Treasure Planet.
Nice if they make it a hand-drawn animated film with some CGI here and there but I would still be really glad even if it's CGI.
>>
>>94951761
Sounds neat.
>>
>>94952400
His name is Batman. Bruce Wayne is just a mask.
>>
>>94954085
That's Superman formula.
>>
File: Spider-Man_(James_Cameron).jpg (24KB, 317x484px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_(James_Cameron).jpg
24KB, 317x484px
>>94951266
Could this have worked, /co/?
>>
>>94954764
It would have been too graphic and violent for audiences to handle. Fans and casuals had an optimistic view of spiderman, it's not like Batman where he already has a dark vibe to him, it would have been intriguing to see but I think it would have left people amazed or just weirded out.
>>
>>94951838
>I do wonder what the Dark Knight film would've been like had Heath Ledger lived.

He would have been the "Judge" during the kangaroo court scene instead of Scarecrow/Crane (Who would have been the "Defense Lawyer" instead). Nolan had no real plans for the Joker in TDKR other than that a cameo in that scene.
>>
>>94951266
Was anyone still interested in a Batman movie continuation after B&R? It was cheesy crap that was only liked by kids at the time. It pretty much dropped all the fans that had been following the series since 89
>>
>>94951266
Hard to believe since Nicholson hates his role as a comic character
>>
>>94953067
Yeah, the voice acting was finished enough to do a rough cut of the movie. Most of the lines probably weren't final takes, though. It'll probably stay in the archives forever like what was done of Newt, just because the movie was deemed to not be very good.
>>
>>94951370
Baneposting is why we're living in the darkest timeline?
>>
>>94954764
>Dicaprio as Peter
Sounds like a memorable film had it ever been produced
>>
>>94958530
It's why we're living in the best one you faggot.
>>
>>94958796
We're living in the timeline where the president defends nazis and people still say faggot.
>>
>>94958837
>people still say faggot.
You thought that was ever going away?
>>
File: b84.jpg (32KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
b84.jpg
32KB, 622x626px
>>94958837
>Bringing up Trump at every turn
>>
>>94958837
What a faggot.
>>
>>94956629
The studio didnt anticipate the backlash when they were planning the follow up. After batman anf robin tanked the studio was panicking and tried to make the film edgier but after awhile they just abandoned it
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.