[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gotham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3ITy5a7Hk

>Father, I shall become midnight
>>
Hahahahahaaha
>>
>>94947496
Who's his Apollo?
>>
Series confirmed ending on "yes father I shall become a bat"
>>
>>94947496
>no ears
Dropped.
>>
what is even the plot of this show? why isn't he traveling around the world training or something?
>>
>>94947971
Its mostly about Gordon doing shit as the others grow into their roles. Bruce isnt travelling because Ra's Al Ghul is in Gotham.
>>
I really need to catch up with this show. Last I remember Commissioner Thing roid raged a guy through a wall 20 storeys high.
>>
>>94947496
>>94947836
>>94947879
>>94947971

Remember "Mask of the Phantasm?" Bruce attempted to fight crime without being Batman for a time. Didn't go over so well, until that fateful bat showed up when he went on his "criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot" spiel.

It'll happen, but he's gotta go through more growing pains first.
>>
File: 1000% Berserk.jpg (89KB, 650x483px) Image search: [Google]
1000% Berserk.jpg
89KB, 650x483px
>>94947496
DELET THIS!!!
>>
>>94948182
It was just one outing anon.
>>
>>94948412

Gotham doesn't have to follow it to a tee, y'know. Just the concept. And it's doing just that.

Give it time, Bruce will don the mantle of the Bat soon enough.
>>
>>94948062
who cares about Ra's? He only trained Bruce in the Nolan trilogy.
>>
Well that was extremely underwhelming.

>putting on a mask and wanting to fight crime is enough to make you into Batman

The entire point of the character is that he had to become more than human to be able to do what he does. Exiling himself from his hunting grounds/territory, training for years both in mind and spirit and becoming something more than just a man, but a cause itself. He didn't turn himself into Batman just like that, willingly, he was consumed by his desire to control and protect his city; The journey of training is exactly what breaks down the Man and builds up the Bat, what symbolizes his devotion to the crusade on evil-doing.

I simply cannot see this kid growing into the Bruce Wayne we all know and enjoy. Sure, the show is its own thing and all that, but the whole point as a "prequel" kinda falls flat when the actual future of the story isn't the one we're expecting to see.
>>
>>94948462
>>94949556
Give him two seasons
>>
>>94947496

Bruce became Midnight? Did a homosexual crashed into his mansion's window?
>>
I thought he was gonna be owlman?
>>
>>94949645

Oh my god, that would the greatest fucking twist in the history of serialized television.
>>
>>94949556
Earth One Bruce didn't do any of that stuff
>>
>>94947496
>GOTHAM Moves To Thursday Nights
Is that a good thing or is that a guaranteed death slot?
>>
>>94949655
it's not my idea
http://www.cbr.com/gotham-not-batman-origin-owlman/

I dont watch the show, the massive liberties they take trigger my 'tism
>>
>>94949662
Honestly? Depends on the network. For Fox, Thursday is sort of a middle of the road, but a downgrade from Monday (wait....was it on Mondays?).
>>
>>94949687
What A shit Article
>>
>>94949687

That would be really great. Highly doubt it, but it's fun to entertain the idea.

>>94949660

Earth One is pretty underwhelming too. I'd say that's exactly the point of the series, showcasing a moral "grounded" Batman, but it's definitely not the one we think of when we're talking about Batman. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we don't expect Gotham to be a prequel to Earth One Batman, but to a version of him that closer resembles something in the main comics.
>>
File: ebr butch gilzean 56346.jpg (103KB, 1080x1058px) Image search: [Google]
ebr butch gilzean 56346.jpg
103KB, 1080x1058px
>>94947496
Just like my favorite cw leather suits.
>>
>>94949712
Yeah, it was on Mondays. Shit, I hope it doesn't get cancelled.
>>
He looks like a gimp.
>Justice is my safe word!
>>
>>94947496
is he retarded/
>>
>>94949556

From the trailer, he majorly fucks up or gets out of his depth, and ends up arrested. Clearly it isn't going to stick as he seems to put that costume on later. I am curious how he is going to end up Batman without it being blatently obvious it's Bruce in the last season.

Then again, at this point Gordon, Bullock and Alfred are basically bros, so it will likely get swept under the rug.

Honestly, I'm loving Gotham, and how it went from taking itself a bit to seriously to being camp as fuck. It's like a beautiful blend of the Nolan films, Burtons films, and a CW budget.

It's also interesting to see Bruce in his Year -2 or so days. He has grown fast, and is nearly ready to wear the mask, but not quite as is clear in the OP. Another year or so and just a little bulking, and he might just about pass as Batman. He'll have to nail Selina though, else he'll be Batboy. Wonder if Talia will make her first appearance soon.
>>
>>94949556

Seems they are going the Earth One origin, aside from a little Talon training he has already had. Fine by me. I love those books, and wish they would fucking hurry up with book 3. I've never seen such a slow straight-to-trade series.

>"You're standing in evidence."
>WearyGordon.jpg
>>
>>94949630
>Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible... a... a
>As if an answer, a huge faggot flies in the open window!
>>
>>94947971
i literally just said this. at this point, just make bruce and alfred leave and focus on the fucking city.
>>
>>94951480
>>"OH MY GAAAAAAAAAWD! YOU'RE JUSTH THO PRECIOUTH LITTLE BRUTHIE! I COULD JUSTH EAT YOU WITH A THPOON!"
>>
>be best DC show
>everyone hates it
>>
>>94951480
He's gonna rape criminals and this show was actually Bueno Excellente: the origins
>>
>>94951480

>That's it, it's an omen! I shall become OP!
>>
>>94947971

You can argue that he doesn't need to leave at this point; despite jobbing to literally everyone, Alfred is an extremely competant hand-to-hand fight and trained Bruce to the point he surpassed him. Selina, being agile as fuck and seeming to know some martial arts, couldn't even land a hit fairly recently, he beat the everloving shit out of proto-Joker recently in a very Batman fashion, and took down a gang of toughs.

AFTER all that, he recently get kidnapped by the Court of Owls, taken out of the country, and was trained (mostly off screen) to the point he could take down a standard Talon. I say standard because typical or mook isn't fair. These Talons are full on comic bullshit, able to flip around, block bullets with swords, and execute entire gangs of gun wielding thugs solo.

Now he is playing vigilante, but he has also attracted Ra's interest, and I expect Talia to turn up as a lure, and then some League of Assassins training, which will probably take care of his martial arts skills and give him some acrobatic ability beyond the parkour he learned with Selina.

Once he is done he'll have suitable skills to be Year One Batman.
>>
>>94951560

>repeats the exact same character arcs every season
>best anything

I can't wait for the next season's vaguely effeminate version of a Batman villain who becomes inexplicably obsessed with James Gordon and spends eight episodes ina row trying to prove that he's no different from the criminals he fights

Meanwhile, Bruce and Selina will break up seven times, Penguin will have six different and utterly random character arcs in a row that rapidly change his personality every five episodes, Alfred will switch between manservant and Guy Ritchie limey bloke and Bullock will do nothing despite being the best character on the show.
>>
>>94951911

You are seriously blasting a fairly long running show for repeating plot concepts on a fucking western comics board? I mean, I agree, but still. Shit dude. Our entire medium is built on repeating tropes with a few intesting new stories that keep us hooked.

>Bruce and Selina will break up seven times
>Bullock will do nothing despite being the best character on the show.

These do fucking hurt though.
>>
>>94951974

There's a difference between TV shows repeating tropes and arcs and James Gordon going though the same fucking "am i good man or angry man this twink faggot is testing me" shit every fucking season because they can't figure out any other arc for him.

This show ran dout of ideas in Season One. It's Gordon vs Penguin over and over again but the Mad Libs just switching out the villains. Nobody has evolved except Bruce, who is a good character and actor stuck with a Selina-shaped weight around his neck and endless mystery boxes about his dead parents that nobody gives a shit about.

I'm not mad that seasons of TV have similar plot beats, I'm not a lunatic. But good TV can explore these ideas in different ways, and Gotham can't help but just do the same TV season over and over again.
>>
>>94949687
>the massive liberties they take trigger my 'tism
This is the only reason I enjoy Gotham, it's not really attempting to be an adaptation and flopping horribly like most superhero movies
>>
>>94947836
They are supposed to be Zero Year right now. I kinda want them to continue into Year One and even Year Two where he picks up Dick, because we have no live-action alternative except the DCEU and it's still a few years before Flashpoint fixes it.
>>
File: IMG_1039.jpg (50KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1039.jpg
50KB, 1200x600px
>>94947496
>C'mon tom it's not that bad.
Have we all forgot about this.
>>
>>94947496
Is he about to sacrifice the band of the hawk or something?
>>
>>94953214

...Black Hood? Because that's hilarious on several levels. I dropped the show before he started wearing that. It doesn't even protect his identity, or neck, so what made him decide he too needed to dress luck a lunatic?
>>
>>94951418
It really helps that they know their limits and have good writers.
Some of the CW shows constantly try to give us movie-tier action scenes on a tv show budget and schedule, and it turns out shit.
>>
File: IMG_0954.gif (497KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0954.gif
497KB, 500x265px
>>94953915
Magnegro/diggle every one just told him he needs a "mask" to hide his identity and that's the shit they came up with,not sure if they are going with it this seasons but it's hilarious
>>
>>94950161
>tfw livewatching that finale with 4chan
>tfw "birth name is Cyrus Gold"
Thread lost its shit.
>>
>>94949717
Kill yourself, Damianfag
>>
>>94955587
What? Damian is shit, that article is also shit.
>>
>>94950189
Nothing to worry about unless it starts airing on Fridays, then it's in actual danger of being cancelled
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.