[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone read any recent Steve Ditko comics? Are they any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: mra24.jpg (102KB, 392x634px) Image search: [Google]
mra24.jpg
102KB, 392x634px
Has anyone read any recent Steve Ditko comics?

Are they any good?
>>
>>94945089
That one apparently came out August 1 this year

http://ditko.blogspot.com/2017/08/new-ditko-mr-24.html
>>
>>94945089
Dude, you gotta go through hoops just to get his shit.

That said, it's so discouraging that he never grew as an artist after the 70's.
>>
>>94945192
>go through hoops
Like order the stuff on his kickstarter/his website?

Doesn't seem that hard.

....but probably not worth it.
>>
wait, Ditko is still alive?
>>
>>94945438
Yeah man, he never even stopped drawing comics or anything.

He's just been busy being fucking crazy.
>>
>>94945438
Yes, actually.
>>
>>94945438
Yeah. And still doing comics, and writing essays about both comics and politics. You have to order them by e-mail from his colleague Snyder.
>>
File: achewood_789.jpg (27KB, 190x222px) Image search: [Google]
achewood_789.jpg
27KB, 190x222px
>>94945470
>>94945473
That's bananas
>>94945544
THAT'S bananas. Dude's pulling off some old school shit while making the technology that made it obsolete in the first place do the heavy-lifting.
>>
>>94946024
I don't think he is selling much. And he probably still has some royalty checks from Marvel so he doesn't have to try that hard.

The website (well basically blogspot.com blog) and the kickstarters seem very... toned down and muted, and I never heard anyone talk about his comics, ever.

Sometimes, people talk about his essays where he remembers old Marvel days, but usually not even that.
>>
>>94946091
The comics are pretty bad.
He's still stuck in the 70's, in the sense that he's actually still stuck in the 60's, where he was ahead of the curve by like a decade.
>>
I read a couple Mr. A issues, and they had some of the most stilted, repetitive dialogue I've read in a comic since Bendis. There's a girl who says "Sob" in all of her speech bubbles, a guy who keeps referring to Mr. A as "some guy" in every single panel.
>>
File: MrA.jpg (462KB, 630x599px) Image search: [Google]
MrA.jpg
462KB, 630x599px
>>94945089
They are gloriously insane & they make modern Neal Adams look normal.

Can't call them 'good' per se but they are absolutely entertaining as /pol/ slashfic...then it gets a little unnerving when it sinks in that it isn't a joke. Ditko really REALLY thinks this is way things should be & then it actually gets interesting. You can definitely see where Moore tok more from Mr. A then the Question for Rorschach.

>>94946091
>he probably still has some royalty checks from Marvel

In an interview the woman that rents the office next to his accidentally got his mail & opened it by mistake. She said it was a check from Sony with "a LOT of zeros".

The guy could fucking make a $1000 a doodle for Spider-Man even now but won't for his weird logic.
>>
The most "recent" stuff I've seen was really from the late 90s/early 2000s. Ditko's philosophy hadn't really changed much from the early days of Mr. A, but the way it was conveyed had become more blunt. They read with the cadence of a Chick Tract, but with more creative layouts.
>>
>>94945089
Decent if you want some basic silver age adventures, but there is a lot of "Jack Chick" moments
>>
>>94948849
Is that an example of his modern work?
>>
File: IMG_7535.jpg (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7535.jpg
61KB, 300x300px
Are we memeing guys
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.