[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to talk about Cerebus. Currently working towards High

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Literally Worthless Garbage.jpg (323KB, 1200x1849px) Image search: [Google]
Literally Worthless Garbage.jpg
323KB, 1200x1849px
I want to talk about Cerebus.
Currently working towards High Society, what's your favorite part?
>>
Anything before Jaka's Story.
>>
>>94942045
Gerhard's backgrounds.
>>
>>94942045
I want to have sex with that pig thing.
>>
High Society, so get cracking.
>>
>>94943888
What's wrong with Jaka's Story?
>>
>>94943888
What was wrong with Jaka's Story?
>>
>>94942045

What's this comic about? I keep seeing one particular character posted throughout /co/ as a kind of meme.
>>
>>94945211
It's about an aardvark who's a parody of Conan the Barbarian whose best friend is Elric of Melnibone except he talks like Foghorn Leghorn and he gets together with Groucho Marx and becomes a scheming noble and then he becomes pope and corrupt and tries to rape his wife and then all women are psychics and he's a hermaphrodite and the world ends and then the world is modernized by the psychic women except they're all evil and then he stops talking like a caveman for some reason and then he meets Ernest Hemingway and then Ernest Hemingway's wife murders him because she was part of the psychic women conspiracy and then he slaps his girlfriend and then he becomes a religious leader to the Three Stooges and then he leads an ethnic cleansing of all women from the world and then he grows old and then his son discovers Islam and then he dies.
>>
>>94945211
It starts as an unfunny parody of Conan the Barbarian. Then after 2 years the author overdoses on drugs, gets hospitalized and diagnosed with schizophrenia. The author then has a grand vision and spends the next 25 years telling one of the most epic stories in the history of comics. Parts of it are really good, parts of it are really bad, but overall the good is so good that even the bad is worthwhile. It's also one of the most important and influential comics of all time since it was THE comic which proved that self-publication and creator-ownership are viable business models and the comic which proved that writing-for-the-trade is a viable storytelling method.
>>
File: 10 years later.jpg (303KB, 980x1463px) Image search: [Google]
10 years later.jpg
303KB, 980x1463px
>>94945211
OP's pic is from issue 4, published around 1978.
Here's a page from 1988.
>>
File: cerebus_020_mind_game_montage.jpg (305KB, 832x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cerebus_020_mind_game_montage.jpg
305KB, 832x1000px
wew lad
>>
>>94945731
I wish more comics were in black and white. I don't know why but I never liked comics with color.
>>
>>94948420
You want a real "wew", try how after the divorce he replaced Deni's "Note from the Publisher" (the last of which very tactfully laid out why she was leaving) with the "Note from the President" where he immediately dishes out a subtle diss, teases going into the drama, then tells the reader to fuck off.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.