[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Shadow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 19

File: IMG_0439.jpg (1MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0439.jpg
1MB, 1987x3056px
Is there anyone left who hasn't been ruined by modern feminism/social justice?
>>
>>94937677
I dunno. That seems like a pretty spot-on description of the unfocused rage that fills a lot of people.

I understand your concerns about buzzwords, but that aside this is pretty neat.
>>
>>94937677

well i'm just glad you bothered to put the word modern up in there.
>>
>>94937677
>Someone says privileged
>/co/ freaks out
Can we fucking stop with this
>>
>>94937746
Yeah out of context this just seems like relevant social commentary.

It's only weird because it's the guy who is usually concerned with taking out mobsters saying it to a couple school shooting kids like what is he doing there instead of taking out a mob?
>>
>>94937802
Yeah, that is pretty weird.
>>
No, literally every single comic on the shelves is SJW propoganda. Of the hundreds of comics on the racks there's not even one that you could possibly enjoy, not even one that isn't taken over by feminists.

All those books that are just women with big tits on the cover? Nope, feminist.

All those Image books that are high concept scifi books? Nope, just SJW horseshit.

I'm sure you're a longtime huge fan of the Shadow and have been loyally buying his books, so I understand your frustration that Dynamite would sacrifice their massive sales from hardcore fans such as yourself to try and reach a broader audience with a style more relevant to modern times.
>>
>>94937802
Yeah. The Shadow goes after shit that actually matters.
>>
I still think he's just letting out some steam after an argument with Batman.
>>
>>94937825
and here we go...
>>
>>94937837
School shooting does matter, it's just not the Shadow's usual narrative domain is all, it's like he's taken out of his setting.
>>
>>94937853
Great argument, OP.
>>
>tells someone that they are butthurt because at the end of the day they are mediocre despite the head start they have in life.
>manchildren freak out and claim SJWs
>>
>>94937881
not OP, sorry to disappoint.
>>
File: 1503371103498.gif (36KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1503371103498.gif
36KB, 200x200px
>>94937677
I read that in pic related's voice.
>>
>>94937881
>>94937825
Nice try, /tv/ poster
>>
>>94937871
The Shadow has a massive network of agents all across the country and even the world. Something like this is what he would send one of his agents to deal with, its not a situation that requires the shadow's attention.
>>
>>94937677
>Why is the Shadow fighting school shooters? Is nothing safe from the SJW anymore?! Leave those poor murderer of kids alone!

This is how stupid you sound.
>>
>>94937923
It's small scale for him, that's for sure.
>>
>>94937914
>I'm a /tv/ poster for not getting incredibly asspained about a comic I don't read
>>
>>94937911

Huh. I'm okay with that.
>>
>>94937955
It's like having the CEO of a company coming down to micro-manage the mail room.
>>
Only listened to the radio plays (and read that one Batman crossover by O'Neil in the 70s), what is The Shadow's usual m.o? Radio plays made him out to be a vigilante who always gets caught up in some weird mystery or crime a la The Spirit.
>>
>>94937985
Maybe he's just in the area and feeling like taking on some extra responsibility?

Or maybe he just feels like the normal agents in the area are fucking it up, so he's going to handle it directly?

I dunno. Its weird either way.
>>
>>94937677
Comics have always been a medium with liberal politics. Get used to it.
>>
>>94937837
>Yeah. The Shadow goes after shit that actually matters.

We don't see him killling US presidents and other war criminals who ran a global underground ring of secret torture camps, Anon.
>>
>>94937677
If you think this panel is the right one to use to illustrate your point you must have scored pretty low on your SAT's.
>>
>>94937677
Lobo?
>>
>>94938440
Nah I disagree, I think you're full of shit and you say that to yourself to make yourself feel better
>>
>>94937677
What was the remedy to his ailments, anon, don't leave a nigga hanging, post the next page
>>
The Spirit > The Shadow
>>
>>94938559
I would be a better comic if it were, though.
>>
>people defending this
ahaha read the comic you idiots
it even has DRUMPF in it
>>
File: laughing kotlet.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laughing kotlet.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
Is that a comic about Shadow fighting school shooters?
Why not go against Islamic terrorists if we want to be "contemporary"?
>>
>>94938946
death most likely
>>
>>94939064
school shooters are a bigger threat to suburban kids and manchildren than kebabs killing each other in the levant.
>>
>>94937677
>Is there anyone left who hasn't been ruined by modern feminism/social justice?
broly. no one can ruin broly. his power is maximum.
>>
>>94939064
Wow, you shitlord! Those terrorists aren't doing anything wrong when they murder innocent people! They're just disadvantaged and trying to get them back for having privileged. How dare you suggest they're evil. .
>>
>>94939109
Didn't you hear? Broly is now a little girl.
>>
>>94939142
>Broly is now a little girl.
what the fuck? this ain't some stupid fan-fiction bullshit is it?
>>
>>94939104
What about kebabs killing suburban kids and manchildren in Europe?
>>
>>94939199
Na, dragonball super is weird.
>>
>>94939217
They're not reading comics
>>
>>94937881
>>94937894
Well that was an embarrassing end to that SJW's rant. I mean they're always easy mode, but that's gotta be some kind of record.
>>
>>94937851
kek
>>
>>94939268
Bri'ish read comics.
>>
>>94937802
>>94937814
>>94937837
>the mob
>in 2017
forgive me as im british so i wouldn't know, but does america have much of a mafia problem these days?
>>
>>94939811
Mafias run taxi companies nowadays
>>
>>94937888
>>tells someone that they are butthurt because at the end of the day they are mediocre despite the head start they have in life.
>>manchildren freak out and claim SJWs

A million times this.
>>
>>94940056
Several countries are unofficially run by former mobs. It's more profitable to cause problems; and hide them when you do.
>>
>>94937677
>columbine
>but they're ALSO neonazis

Gay

>>94939811
The mob is more like organized structural corruption nowadays with money being embezzled from public works projects that last a decade longer than they should, it's the cartels and black gangs that have to use violence to sell drugs. Mob doesn't deal with that kind of shit anymore, at least not on a scale anyone is aware of.
>>
>>94940338
Not to, not to cause problems. Sorry, what I'm saying is that controlling things in a way that at least seems legit is easier.
>>
>>94938976
>>94938559
No, then it'd just be some edgy teenager's shitpost on how all the old people running the world are evil
>>
File: shadow pissed.png (589KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
shadow pissed.png
589KB, 600x440px
>>94937677
Are we seriously going to have to deal with people bringing up this comic everytime there's a new Shadow thread ?
Jesus Christ, enough is enough, let it die. It's bad enough that people are being introduced to the character via this garbage,
>>
>>94937783
>>94937888
Read the comic (or don't, preferably). The panels beforehand of the sassy Latina doctor soapboxing about white privilege make it even more obvious.
>>
>>94937888
>i-it's not meant to be directed at the people who hate tumblr at all!

When will you kill yourself? When will you and the rest of the faggots going "there is totally no SJW bullshit in comics, I can interpret this another way!" kill yourselves?
>>
>>94940387
There's really no /radio/ board but are the old programs still alive somewhere?
>>
>>94940428
This, someone dumped it a month ago so it should be in the archives if anyone cares to look.

>>94940387
The shadow is ongoing so I'm sure there will be even gayer shit to make this look timid.
>>
>>94940459
http://www.oldradioworld.com/shows/The_Shadow.php

Found this. If it doesn't work, try using Google/literally any search engine for once in your life.

Oh wait it seems it works.
>>
>>94940387
It's gonna get worse, anon. Much much worse.
>>
>>94940502
>Found this. If it doesn't work, try using Google/literally any search engine for once in your life.
Sometimes it's easier to ask, especially if you think there's someone around who might know anyways. Engines are fuck-clutter results these days.
>>
>>94937677
That's pretty bad.

>>94937837
Ha.

We don't have to worry about it much longer, because SJW's have activated the societal decay that hits empires late in their cycle. What they bring about won't be some kind of "enlightened" communal utopia, but rather a reset to a more primitive, masculine era where it won't be safe for anyone to walk the streets due to total collapse. It's coming, & the difference this time is that the NWO is here, & planning to scoop up whoever's left for total control over citizens. Utopia? It will be sold as such, but in actuality will be a Dystopia in its final form. SJW are just a tool to be used, & discarded. Soon enough we will all be groveling for bread.
>>
>>94940554
>when you live in an age of infinite knowledge and you're still too lazy to grasp it

No wonder great empires collapse.
>>
>>94940459
https://oldradioprograms.us/Shadow.htm
http://www.oldradioworld.com/shows/The_Shadow.php

>>94937825
I know this is bait but
>I'm sure you're a longtime huge fan of the Shadow and have been loyally buying his books, so I understand your frustration that Dynamite would sacrifice their massive sales from hardcore fans such as yourself to try and reach a broader audience with a style more relevant to modern times
And why the fuck would you go out of your way to piss off and alienate a character's entire fanbase, the fanbase that actually tries to keep his legacy alive by word of mouth and buying and reprinting his books, by pandering to people who will never give a shit about comics, let alone an old and "problematic" character like The Shadow ?
There is nothing salvageable about this comic and no one would even bother to care if it didn't shoehorn political commentary it would just be forgotten like The Shadow Now.
>>
>>94940459
Your local radio stations don't broadcast the shadow?
>>
>>94940626
>sifting through an infinite amount of knowledge, trolls, ads, and other bullshit
>better than asking people who already know about it
I didn't even bother to look for it. I just assumed there was a Shadow fan who knew the 'best' source; and not whatever website paid the most to be at the top of the list.
>>
File: marionettes.jpg (63KB, 408x540px) Image search: [Google]
marionettes.jpg
63KB, 408x540px
>>94938023
>what is The Shadow's usual m.o?
In most of the comics he's just Purple Man meets the Punisher.
In the pulps he's a spymaster who employs a network of agents and a myriad of disguises to combat crime. He figures out the details surrounding a crime and the perpetrators behind it, he sends his agents to infiltrate or investigate the people behind it (and rescues them if they are kidnapped, which happens a lot), and then he attacks the criminals by terrifying them out of their wits and either killing them if they deserve it or making them surrender, usually in some kind of grand karmic takedown. His approach can be likened to a surgeon removing a malignant tumor. Or an expert gardener plucking a weed (the weed of crime, as he puts it).
>>
>>94940800
Anon it was literally the first result on google searching "shadow old radio". You could have at least given it a shot. I've been drinking for 5 hours, what's your excuse? Smoking weed for a day?
>>
>>94940677
>no one would even bother to care

What if it's a fake-out to get people to read, then they make a comic that's actually good?
>>
>>94941197
Based on Si Spurrier's comments and the upcoming plans for this series ? Not likely in the slightest
>>
>>94941155
Dehydrated, sick for a fucking week? Or just think that if you're fishing on a dock it's better to ask a local what the best bait there is, than check ad-gle or shillhoo? Take your pick.
>>
File: the shadow_fran-strukan.jpg (426KB, 1280x1502px) Image search: [Google]
the shadow_fran-strukan.jpg
426KB, 1280x1502px
Reminder that nearly all the pulps are available online, for free, and that if you like The Shadow you should do yourself a favor and read them.

http://bookre.org/isearch?q=Maxwell+Grant
>>
File: ShadowBatman01-Cov-C-Ross.jpg (100KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ShadowBatman01-Cov-C-Ross.jpg
100KB, 600x900px
>>94937851
>fuck you Batman I'm sick of you sparing the Joker and whining about my methods I'm going back to my solo Dynamite series
>actually nevermind, Dynamite is treating me like shit
>hey, wanna do another crossover ? I'll let you bring Robin this time
>>
>>94937677

>Shadow lectures mass murderers on why they're cunts
'Fukin SJWs, making me feel bad for exercising my rights as a citizen'

Is this thread a pisstake?
>>
>>94939811
Sort of. Except now it's more about the El Salvadorian gangs like MS13 than the Italians.
>>
>>94941255
>getting this asshurt

Chill out, literally everything on here is fluid and meaningless
>>
>>94937677

If the shooters were a stand-in for Elliot Rodgers the commentary would be spot on on his self-delusions of grandeur. But the context seem to refer more to Columbine, which makes it incongruous as the main motivations behind the shooting was bullying.
>>
>>94942050
Weren't they also gay?
>>
>>94942050
It would still be massively hypocritical for the Shadow to criticize the shooter for having self-delusions of grandeur, while he himself is a grown man crippling and shittalking a teenager while soapboxing about privilege and we are supposed to see this as a positive thing.

There is no karmic justice in murdering unstable 16 year olds. It's the same kind of twisted power fantasy he's accusing those kids as having.
>>
>>94942701
The Shadow has always been an asshole.

For pity's sake, he goes around murdering people for being not even 1/10th as awful as he was when he was the Black Eagle.
>>
File: the shadow in one panel.jpg (232KB, 800x1163px) Image search: [Google]
the shadow in one panel.jpg
232KB, 800x1163px
>>94942771
There is a world of difference between the kind of character he is and the asshole the comic wants him to be.

>he goes around murdering people for being not even 1/10th as awful as he was when he was the Black Eagle
I'm guessing your frame of reference for the character is either the Garth Ennis or the Howard Chaykin series. Contrary to what those series would have you believe, or what Razorfist might tell you, The Shadow is not a soulless vengeful monster.

That's the point of his own fucking catchphrase. He knows, from experience as a veteran spy, what evil lurks in the hearts of men to actively root them out and set an example. He has a theatrical streak a mile wide and is more than willing to get his hands dirty but he is still on the side of good. That's why his agents follow him, that's why, even though he makes no claims to being a hero, he is still firmly on the side of good. Murdering criminals isn't the only way The Shadow saves people.
>>
>>94943036
Did Razorfist get popular all of a sudden?

I don't remember anyone talking about him two years ago, but now he's popping up in threads all of the time.
>>
>>94939199
>>94939142
More accurately, alternate dimension Broly is a little girl that goes full Broly. Hell, a different dimension went full on magical girl with it.
>>
>>94943071
I brought him up because his videos on The Shadow led to a massive wave of new people discovering about the character (and also led (and of course a lot of them are teenage metalheads who think The Shadow needs to be some kind of edgy super murderer). We probably wouldn't be having this conversation right now if it wasn't for that.
He hit 100 million subs recently so he's not that obscure.
>>
>>94943546
>Congrats on 10k subs.
>>
>>94937802
he's getting a for-life servant.
he actually does nee them.
>>
>>94943546
>>94943612
Wait, nevermind, it's just 100k subs he hit recently. I forgot
>>
>>94937923
unless he's hiring that guy to be an agent.
He does that in person.
>>
>>94941197
It's not
>>
>>94941597
No context makes it look better or worse than the actual book
>>
He's not wrong. I just think the term 'privilege' has become laden with unnecessary baggage.
>>
>>94941597
Mass murderers aren't cunts because they're privileged, they're cunts because they're mass murderers.

I mean that's a half-step away from saying anyone you perceive as having privilege is a potential spree killer, which isn't far off from the typical SJW narrative.
>>
>>94943877
>unnecessary baggage
That's a funny way of saying "factual inaccuracy and racist posturing."
>>
>>94943927

This is exactly my point.
>>
>>94944016
Then call it what it is instead of something vague like "baggage."
>>
File: hrsgaqeg.jpg (74KB, 686x712px) Image search: [Google]
hrsgaqeg.jpg
74KB, 686x712px
>>94939109
>his power is maximum
By gar, it's been a while.
>>
>>94944030
Not him, but why type out all that shit when both of you know exactly what it entails?
>>
>>94937677
>implying that the Shadow isn't totally correct about a subset of people in the western world that includes both /tv/ and /pol/ man babies as well as SJWs
>>
>>94941793
Just like gender
>>
File: out.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>94941580
>look up the incoming crossover
>written by Orlando
>it has Damian

Count me out
>>
White people do not have any privilege. The only people who have privilege are the elite 1% of the world who want to turn everyone beneath them against each other and fight over black and white, gay and straight, etc. (((They))) are the real enemy, why do you think (((they))) control the media, and why the media is so race-bait filled? Notice how Occupy Wall Street fucking disappeared overnight? It's because (((they))) wanted it to go away, OWS was replaced with Black Lives Matter and it was a raging success. You all are falling into their woven webs excellently and don't even realize it.
>>
>>94937677
Punisher.
>>
File: IMG_7624.jpg (166KB, 630x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7624.jpg
166KB, 630x945px
>>94949005
Frank is pretty much SJW proof in that no SJW writer would want to touch him.

When a character's defining trait is "shoots street thugs in the face" it's going to ruin any SJW message you have.
>>
>>94949160
Marvel pretty much neutered him. He's having his guns stolen by kids now.
>>
>>94949183
It's the shitty writer. Hopefully the next writer they have will be better.
>>
>>94949183
>>94949254
>>94949183
What run does that happen in? Also it's not that surprising, if you can't write a good progressive story with him he can at least be a punching bag.
>>
>>94949160
>When a character's defining trait is "shoots street thugs in the face" it's going to ruin any SJW message you have
How come that didn't stop this from happening to the Shadow, then ?
>>
>>94949277
They're not using him as a punching bag. He got his gun back without much effort. They just can't write him well.
>>
>>94949289
Because shooting people in the face is not his defining trait.

Also, SJWs outright hate Frank, while they are indifferent at best to The Shadow
>>
File: Cerebus-Wallpaper-Barbarian.jpg (199KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cerebus-Wallpaper-Barbarian.jpg
199KB, 1024x768px
>>94937677
Never ever.
>>
>>94937677
Funnily enough,i had this idea for the Shadow to stop a school shooter.It had way less privilege talk tho.
>>
>>94937746
He thinks privilege was invented by feminists and doesn't he doesn't know what it means.
>>
>>94937677
It's bad and obvious soapboxing, but he's right.
>>
File: 1443412805092.jpg (435KB, 780x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1443412805092.jpg
435KB, 780x1901px
>>94937677
That wasn't The Shadow being SJW, that was Shadow insulting and belittling some school shooter scumbag. It really riles up other worthless nobodies when they see something that punctures their little bubble of make believe self esteem.
They need more lessons.
>>
>>94940583
>We don't have to worry about it much longer, because SJW's have activated the societal decay that hits empires late in their cycle.
It's more like they're symptomatic of that decay. This sort of hippie-dippie supra-apologist gerrymandering goes back to the late '60s.

>What they bring about won't be some kind of "enlightened" communal utopia, but rather a reset to a more primitive, masculine era where it won't be safe for anyone to walk the streets due to total collapse. It's coming,
"Strong Men create Good Times. Good Times create Weak Men. Weak Men create Hard Times. Hard Times create Good Men." This always happens. It has happened for millennia. And it will continue happening for as long as there are humans. Just because you and I will both be old or dead before the cycle turns back around to Good Times doesn't mean they won't come.
>& the difference this time is that the NWO is here, & planning to scoop up whoever's left for total control over citizens. Utopia? It will be sold as such, but in actuality will be a Dystopia in its final form. SJW are just a tool to be used, & discarded.
Kings, lords, priests, and bosses have always consoled the underlings with assurances of some sort of greater design (of which they are a VERY lucky and integral part of, of COURSE). This time around it'll just be digital pleasures instead of wine and gold.
>Soon enough we will all be groveling for bread.
If it all goes according to the elite's plans, there will BE no groveling. Just a slow-but-steady accumulation of wealth and power into the hands of predetermined people. If they have their way, then fear will steer people from the terrifying prospects of liberty and self-direction, and into the safe harbors of "authority" and "security". But that doesn't happen to anyone but meek men who let that happen to them. You're not meek... are you?
>>
>>94937677
>Is there anyone left who hasn't been ruined by modern feminism/social justice?

You've made your point, /pol/... you're everywhere, trying to make white men upset about things that normal people don't give a damn about.

I wish you could get a girlfriend and quit trying to shit on everyone else, but when you act like this I'm sure girls hate you.
>>
>>94938996
Yep,complete with a meaning less Hispanic character too say something deep and meaningless about him that has nothing to do with anything,just a excuse for writer to bitch about Trump.

The writer is also a huge liberal douche.
>>
File: 1468260243695.png (291KB, 640x629px) Image search: [Google]
1468260243695.png
291KB, 640x629px
>>94949539
>>
>>94949539
Then leave faggot,you aren't any better then the people bitching about.
>>
>>94940347
>>columbine
>>but they're ALSO neonazis
>Gay
but weren't they literally all of that
>>
>>94949612
/pol/ IS reddit
have you ever looked at The_Donald
it is literally the same board
>>
>>94949652
You'd know wouldn't ya boy?
>>
>Whining that The Shadow has a socially based opinion on something.
Missing the point that The Shadow stops by a school shooting to shoot the shooters. That he stops to talk to one to explain why they're garbage. That he crashed a school shooting for kicks, just because he was in the neighborhood, probably getting some late night Tai food. Missing the point that Shadow hates them too.
>>
File: 1452821419015.png (280KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
1452821419015.png
280KB, 596x628px
>>94949652
>Anon admits to looking at Reddit.
>>
File: 1468648402915.jpg (155KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1468648402915.jpg
155KB, 500x492px
>>94949652
And i bet you were on The Donald bitching about him faggot.
>>
>>94949539
>I wish you could get a girlfriend and quit trying to shit on everyone else, but when you act like this I'm sure girls hate you.
The normiest thing i've read all day
>>
File: IMG_0669.jpg (552KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.jpg
552KB, 1920x1440px
>>94937677
>The shadow not having trigger discipline
>The cover shows the shadow duel wielding Beretta 92FS instead of 1911s
>1911 randomly changes too CZ 75s in some panels
Who draws this trash?
>>
>>94938577
>you must have scored pretty low on your SAT's.
The flaw with your post mate. In the state of California. Math and English are no longer requirements to graduate. California have lowered SATs standards.
>>
>>94937746
This is very true. A lot of the niggers, feminists and tumblrinas that rage against "the system" or the "patriarchy", they really only have themselves to blame for not making it.
>>
>>94949681
but most school shooters are poor and ostracized with mental health issues. they also haven't been exclusively white. It just sounds like the writer didn't bother doing research, making presumptions and killing one of them. which is what they were going to do anyway is kill themselves because this is a last hurrah. i mean, they shouldn't get off the hook in the least but he's not addressing the problem. He's not even approaching it the right way.
>>
>>94940370
>all the old people

It's not like all the old people united to attack random countries in Eurasia while abducting people at airports because some intern transliterated their names to read like somebody else's name, Anon.

The argument really doesn't stick.
>>
>>94942701
>There is no karmic justice in murdering unstable 16 year olds.

Even though they were going to commit mass murder of their class mates simply for petty 15 minutes of fame and infamy, being edgy assholes?
>>
>>94947663
>White people do not have any privilege.

Ever heard of the phrase driving while black? White people don't get pulled over just because they happen to be driving a car.
>>
File: 1487208291345.jpg (88KB, 383x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487208291345.jpg
88KB, 383x600px
I wonder what a Shadow/ Superman teamup would be like? Or who they'd have to team up to take down? Lori Lemaris sounds better the more I think about it. Spaceships, robots, and bravery meeting magic, and old pulp descriptions of half-sunken temples of Atlantis and Lovecraft's Innsmouth. Having The Shadow and The Question in the same room is about as beautiful an idea as having The Shadow in the same room as The Prankster. They should work in the old send-away-for-toys page, or maybe think up a modern-day version.
>>
>>94951093
I want Rorschach and Gwenpool crossover. Please.
>>
i read this as a critique of SJWs who resort to portraying victimhood to escape their shallow thinking
>>
File: kingdomcome-shadow.jpg (18KB, 193x186px) Image search: [Google]
kingdomcome-shadow.jpg
18KB, 193x186px
>>94951093
I actually very much support the idea of a Shadow/Superman team-up and I find it almost baffling that, even though both characters are almost a century old, and Superman has crossed over with virtually every American license, the closest these two have ever gotten to meeting was The Shadow's cameo in Kingdom Come.
The Shadow, while not to the extent Doc Savage did, inspired aspects of Superman (mostly the character of Lois and Supes' name 'Kent"). And he was, prior to Superman, the undisputed king of all vigilante fiction, the icon that all the others looked up to and based themselves on. It would be sort of another symbolic passing of the torch.

It would probably be closer in tone to The Shadow's later, more sci-fi oriented romps, definitely featuring Margo and Lois working together or being kidnapped. And it would be interesting to see both characters react to each other.
Superman would be, for once, not the senior hero in the room, but instead he would have to listen to The Shadow's wisdom even if he didn't agree with his methods. And The Shadow would have to work with someone he had no possibility of ever overpowering or manipulating but was, not only radically stronger than he was, but also kinder.
And then both would eventually come to accept each other's differences and maybe learn a few things.

I would like to see that instead of watching Batman and The Shadow argue over their stances on killing again.
>>
>>94937677
You realize that if you call everything that isn't Nazi propoganda "feminism/social justice warrior" tags it just makes you look crazy, right?
>>
>>94939217
It's actually super-rare, right-wing media just plays it up to scare people.

In fairness, they're right. It does scare people.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.