[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravity Falls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: Opening_logo.jpg (517KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Opening_logo.jpg
517KB, 1920x1080px
Is this the only cartoon without a single bad episode? How did they do it?
>>
>>94937620

Low effort bait.
>>
>>94937659
Not bait.
>>
>>94937676
The second half of season 2 was garbage. You're also forgetting about the multiple MABLE HAS A CRUSH ON THIS WEIRD GUY filler episodes that flooded the entire series.
>>
>>94937676

Roadside Attraction and the whole finale killed the series. It is impossible to watch eps preceding it with the knowledge that Mabel is a psychopath that shits on her brother in every instance. And the mentioned finale was shit on many levels.
>>
>>94937818
>You're also forgetting about the multiple MABLE HAS A CRUSH ON THIS WEIRD GUY filler episodes that flooded the entire series.
But those were almost invariably the best eps...
>>94937860
>It is impossible to watch eps preceding it with the knowledge that Mabel is a psychopath that shits on her brother in every instance.
u w0t m8
>>
>>94937676
>not bait
Even if everyone disagrees on the what the worst episode is, everyone agrees that there was at least one subpar episode.
>>
>>94937973

We've had this discussions so many times I won't even bother.

Tl;dr Mabel is an abusive manipulator with zero moral or empathy. She was the true villain of the show.
>>
>>94937620
Anon i love Gravity Falls more than any other cartoon but you can't really say that when Roadside Attraction exists.
>>
>>94937620
One big disapointment holding over an entire series.
>Wow that episode was lame
>But I like the atmosphere and the concept
>Therefore next episode will be better
>Next episode will be better
>...
>>
>>94937620
Escape from reality
>>
>>94937860
Lolllll snowflake
>>
>>94938018
What is it like being triggered do easily. Do you sob every time you walk by a middle school and see a twelve year old girl. Do you have trouble maintaining an erection because you think about 12 year old girls laughing at you? Need a hug?
>>
>>94938622
>people not liking the ending and Mabel are now acting like the series was shit all along
C'mon son, the show was still consistently pretty funny and looked great most of the time
>>
>>94940458
>>94940431

>samefagging and projecting this hard
>>
Roadside attraction is 80% a good episode with a terrible moral.
>>
>>94937620
Factually incorrect. The show was consistently pretty good, but it had its fair share of weak and bad episodes regardless.

Too many episodes about Dipper trying to do something to impress Wendy that don't lead to anything because he's 12 and she's 16. Or episodes where Mabel has a crush of a week that also doesn't go anywhere.

The episode where the Sheriffs and the crazy President and when Stan tries to become Mayor were both just dull. Wasn't a fan of the Season 2B Mabel episodes either.

That guy complaining about how Mabel ruined the show retroactively is being a huge baby, though. The finale was perfectly fine too. Maybe it's because I was a passing fan and didn't get caught up in all the hype and shit here, but I liked it.

Only thing I truly dislike about it was that Bill was too much of an idiot to be a decent final boss, especially since he's been beaten decisively before. That, and he didn't have his song in the final version.
>>
>>94940630
>Too many episodes about Dipper trying to do something to impress Wendy that don't lead to anything because he's 12 and she's 16. Or episodes where Mabel has a crush of a week that also doesn't go anywhere.
Again man, those were generally the BEST episodes. (Excluding the fully plot-focused ones, season 1 barely had any though.)
>The episode where the Sheriffs and the crazy President and when Stan tries to become Mayor were both just dull.
In comparison? Yes, I agree with this. But all the episodes are still very enjoyable to watch.
>Wasn't a fan of the Season 2B Mabel episodes either.
TLM isn't the only one? And that's a great episode anyways.
>Only thing I truly dislike about it was that Bill was too much of an idiot to be a decent final boss, especially since he's been beaten decisively before. That, and he didn't have his song in the final version.
He was NEVER beaten "decisively" until the finale. And I have no idea what song you're referring to.
>>
>>94942061
>And I have no idea what song you're referring to.
bill was originally going to have a villain song but they cut it for time or something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEktt3-qHz0
>>
>>94942324
I thought the song in the finale was his song?

In any case, I heard Alex went through a shitload of trouble to get it in, so that more than makes up for it.
>>
>>94940481
>wah wahhh wahhh
>>
File: 1486061406342.png (295KB, 450x581px) Image search: [Google]
1486061406342.png
295KB, 450x581px
I had a dream I asked Alex on Twitter for more information about the hypnosis CD Robbie used, and if he had any other plans for Robbie's character if he had done three seasons. He just gave me some regular "witty" response.

I'm still curious though, but I don't have a Twitter and I doubt he'd answer. Unless he had already talked about it before.
>>
>>94937818
>>94937860
You people grossly exaggerate flawed episodes.
>>
Boyz crazy exists
>>
>>94937620
Every other episode:

>Dipper and Mabel each want something.
>What Mabel wants conflicts with what Dipper wants.
>Dipper gives up what he wants so Mabel can have what she wants.
>The end.
>>
>>94940630
>he didn't have his song in the final version.
The song is honestly kinda shit, Anon.
Good it was cut.
>>
You spelt Harvey Beaks wrong

I mean, I love Gravity Falls and all, but even I must admit that it's flawed in some places
>>
>>94940458
12 year old girls laughing at me is my fetish.
>>
EEnE and Dan Vs. had no bad episodes
>>
Why does everyone bring up Roadside Attractions when the first absolutely unwatchable episode was Dungeons, Dungeons and more Dungeons.
>>
>>94937620
>Roadside Attraction
Really man, how can you forget this one?

also, Dipper and Mabel's obsessive crush episodes get old
>>
File: 1486511710124.jpg (703KB, 966x751px) Image search: [Google]
1486511710124.jpg
703KB, 966x751px
I won't pretend I'm here to talk about the show.
>>
This is a show I like less and less the more I re-watch it.
>>
>>94947717
I like EEnE and Dan Vs, but they also had their fair share of bad episodes.

Dan Vs. had episodes that were kinda boring or frustrating, and Ed Edd n Eddy had Sorry Wrong Ed.
>>
Wait, so what are the best episodes of this show?
>>
>>94950114
You're gonna get a lot of different episodes listed asking that. My top 5 in no particular order are Irrational Treasure, The Inconveniencing, Scary-Oke, The Golf War, and Northwest Mansion Mystery
>>
>>94950114
Personally, There weren't any episodes I considered great rather than just good
>>
>>94950010
This is the only thing that matters about the show now.
>>
>>94943337
Hey what the fuck WAS up with that CD anyway?
>>
>>94952110
Best guess is that we'll simply never know. Alex probably had something planned but didn't have enough time.
>>
>>94952163
>didn't have enough time
You mean he was too lazy for a Season 3
>>
>>94940458
Wow man that's awfully and awkwardly presumptuous of someone just from not liking Mabel
>>
>>94950154
>No 'Not What He Seems'
>>
>>94952178
My understanding was he didn't get one. But I mean after all, Disney had to get that Dog with a Blog contract, plus Raven Symones new sitcom.
Not like shows such as Wander over Yonder or Gravity Falls could potentially have more success in the long run through merchandising.
>>
>>94952110
IIRC Alex did say something about the origins of the CD in a Q&A or something but it's been years so I don't remember
>>
>>94940458
Oh fuck off with the condescension. Anyone who thinks Roadside Attraction wasn't an easy contender for worst episode of the series is either lying to themselves or was insufficiently invested in Dipper's to give a damn when Mabel and her idiot Asian friend shat all over him FOR NO GOOD REASON.

In short, caring when one favorite character is uncharacteristically shat upon by another favorite character =/= triggered, it just means we were taking the show seriously up the that point. If taking children's cartoons seriously is somehow an issue to you, try /tv/.
>>
File: IMG_8574.jpg (122KB, 706x839px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8574.jpg
122KB, 706x839px
I'm sure, sometimes certain things even redeem bad episodes.

See Love God and Roadside Attraction for examples.

god I miss the fanservice for gay chubby chasers in this show
>>
>>94937620
Clarence for me has no bad episodes. Even the Egg one was good for typical gross episode
>>
File: image.png (700KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
700KB, 680x1020px
>>
>>94950114
Not What He Seems
Scaryoke
Dreamscaperers
Irrational Treasure
Northwest Mansion Mystery/Summerween
>>
>>94953025
which is harder to sell to non-fans, the egg episode or clarence realizing adulthood = responsibilities so he tried to regress his age (acted like a baby)?
>>
>>94955061
It's kind of funny, Not What He Seems had so much potential, and then it was all downhill from there. Stanford just kind of sucks. Like he's "cool" but he sucks.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.