[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0733.jpg (2MB, 2608x2088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0733.jpg
2MB, 2608x2088px
>Blowing up Las Vegas and killing thousands of people is okay, I'mma keep obeying Hydra like a little bitch
>but using tentacles is over the line! NO MORE
Fuck you, Thor. You're a goddamn piece of shit. And fuck you Marvel for ruining Thor to lush Jane.
>>
>>94936946
Letting Rick get executed by firing squad was retarded.
>>
>>94936946
Marvel has been shit since nearly 10 years now. At least more shit than usual. Jump ship already, this pile of shit isn't going anywhere.

There is nothing you can do, let it die. BURN IT DOWN.
>>
>>94936946
This event sucks.
>>
>>94937018
Everything current Marvel related sucks. I blame the fat bastards and that bald son of a whore of Bendis.
>>
>>94937018
All Marvel events suck. And Marvel has been doing nonstop events for years.
>>
>>94936946
That's not Thor, That's Odinson.
>>
I think Thor losing his "worthiness" is an interesting story and I'm cool with a woman taking the hammer.

But of course the reasoning for him becoming unworthy makes no sense, Jane being worthy makes no sense with the way we know the hammer works (being worthy means a love for and need to protect an entire people), and they should have just called her Thorra like is established in canon instead of calling her Thor just for headline bait.
>>
>>94937596
Not in my heart. Never in my heart nor my wallet.
>>
>>94937941
Marvel is the Huffington Post of comic book publishers.
>>
>>94937969
No, they're more like the Hollywood of comic publishers-- mindlessly following trends and trying to appeal to "today's kids" by doing shit that'll get them in the headlines.
>>
File: thor seen some shit.png (336KB, 523x358px) Image search: [Google]
thor seen some shit.png
336KB, 523x358px
>>94936946
A man using tentacles to rape a group of men is not alright. Thor have every reason to have effort after seeing that.
>>
>>94936977
He probably would have saved him if it was a tentacle squad.
>>
>>94936977
His wife will just rez him when someone remembers that she exists.
>>
>>94939609
Wasn't she just in that Scarlet Spider comic? Which is taking place in Las Vegas?
>>
>>94939609
she just killed kaine in vegas
>>
>>94940316
How is Las Vegas alive when Hydra blew it all up?
>>
>>94936946
Few major Marvel heroes aren't essentially evil.
>>
>>94940888
By ignoring continuity
>>
>>94939609
No, Rick is really for realsies dead. Spencer said so.
>>
>>94940888
It takes place beforehand. Kaine and Ben are going to be exploded.
>>
>>94937941
I was hopping she was a child of Thor from his wild days that led to him being unworthy.

A Low born asgardian who's mother was a bar wench and bore a child that was unacknowledged by those who knew of this latest in a series of drunken indiscretions.
A child that grew to believe in the tales of heroism she was told by her mother.
A mother who on nights when the only comfort she could find was in the embrace of mead would whisper the truth of her heritage to her daughter.
A heritage no one believed and openly mocked if she so claimed it.
She would have grown into a person who, on seeing Asgards mightiest son falter, would believe in all ways that there must always be a Thor.
Some one who would hear stronger the call of the hammer than others...
and someone whose heritage the hammer would recognise.

Most importantly, she would be (by naming convention) Thorsdottir.
...and that's the kind of name that shortens nicely into the Thor they wanted.

Side benefit would have been asgardian intrigue etc.

Mainly it wouldn't have been an asspull that invalidated the hammers metric of worthiness.
>>
>"uh oh looks like I picked the wrong side"
>"N-no more"
>>
File: chart 2-7b.jpg (57KB, 1200x577px) Image search: [Google]
chart 2-7b.jpg
57KB, 1200x577px
>>94936946

This chart gives me Schadenfreude.
>>
>>94943706

Seriously... seeing Secret Empire being the 2nd worst selling event of the last 6 years warms my cold heart.
>>
>>94943706
>Selling worse than Original Sin
>And Age of Ultron
>Just those numbers for Civil War 2/AvX in general
Holy fuck that's depresssing.
I mean, Secret Empire hasn't been great, but those 4 were the absolute worst.
>>
>>94944075

Secret Empire #7 - 81,365
Civil War II #7 - 116,447
Secret Wars #7 - 177,019
AXIS #7 - 70,194
Original Sin #7 - 91,291
Infinity #7 - NA (Last Issue #6 - 100,292)
Age of Ultron #7 - 96,664
AVX #7 - 179,208
Fear Itself #7 (Final Issue) - 95,599
>>
>>94937010
>>94937231
Thank God someone else has noticed this.
Avengers Dissassembled ruined Marvel because it was the start of the never-ending Event Age of Comics.
>>
>>94943706
>>94944223
>Axis
I think you mean Sixis.
>>
>>94943706

After Secret Empire ends, someone should make a chart showing sales from #1 to the final issue of each event.
>>
>>94943706
AH HAHAHAHA
>>
File: chart 1-7.jpg (51KB, 1200x677px) Image search: [Google]
chart 1-7.jpg
51KB, 1200x677px
>>94944863

That's my plan. tho having #1s on the charts skews things a lot.
>>
>>94944863
There is a chart with the #1, but the scale makes everything hard to read because Secret Wars #1 sold something like 550,000 copies.
>>
>>94944940
>That's my plan. tho having #1s on the charts skews things a lot.

Those are some serious sales drops from #1-#2.

Fear Itself was the lowest-selling #1, it's surprising just how badly it performed.

>>94944954
>There is a chart with the #1, but the scale makes everything hard to read because Secret Wars #1 sold something like 550,000 copies.

So I see. The #1s of Secret Wars and Civil War 2 both sold really well. Those poor naïve fools are probably burning them to stay warm in winter.
>>
>>94944940
How did previous events stack up, Secret Invasion/Civil War/Dark Reign?
>>
>>94936946

>"Do you see you white nerds? This is why you should love the new Feminist Thor. Odinson was a problematic cishet white hetero male and he joined the nazis. But now he stops being a nazi, like you should too, you ungrateful fuck who doesn't buy our comics! Be like Odinson and realize how evil you are and quit it!"
>>
>>94945090

the drop between #1 and #2 is actually pretty normal.

#1s are loaded with variants and incentives that #2s don't have.

>>94945133
I havent checked -- i guess i could try to do that later if I have time.
>>
does odinson have his own ongoing tie-in that fleshes out his conflicts and internal struggle with being forced to follow hydracap or is his tale just told in the SE main book?
>>
>>94946804
Nope. The main Whor book was allowed to continue unmolested while Secret Empire ran (as did America Chavez's book and Ms Marvel's book).

The Steve Rogers book and the issue of Avengers featuring the Hydra Avengers, basically implied the only reason he's following Hydra is due to Steve holding the Hammer. Like Deadpool, he's letting his gay mancrush of Steve Rogers lead him down the road of treason.

Which is ironic given that Vision and Scarlet Witch, who Marvel editorial hates with a passion, were BOTH given outs via possession/being hacked, to allow them to walk away from Secret Empire unmolested
>>
>>94943706
WTF original sin sold WAY more than it had any right to.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.