[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman and non-lethal weaponry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Fiocchi_rubber_buckshot.jpg (33KB, 577x313px) Image search: [Google]
Fiocchi_rubber_buckshot.jpg
33KB, 577x313px
Why does Batman not simply use a firearm loaded with rubber bullets? Though they may inflict severe wounds, it seems far safer and easier to aim than razor sharp shurikens.
>>
That's boring. There's flair in the batarang.

You don't become fucking Batman for efficiency. Style factor matters too.
>>
>>94935960
He's fired rubber bullets from vehicle-mounted guns before but he has an aesthetic dislike for all handheld firearms on account of, y'know, being traumatized by one when he was a kid.
>>
File: 220px-Rasalghul.png (54KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Rasalghul.png
54KB, 220x180px
>>94935995
"It seems you took my advice about theatricality a bit literally."
>>
>>94935960
He's triggered when he sees a gun, it's ok when it's mounted on the Batmobile, but he can't handle it.
>>
Rubber bullets can kill, as can tasers
>>
>>94935960
Can you do trickshots with a rubber bullet, or have ones that conveniently explode as soon as the villain catches them and laughs?
>>
>>94936143
But so can batarangs. Didn't he slice Red Hood's throat with one? Wait, was that canon?
>>
>>94936143
Punching someone really hard in the face can kill too.
>>
>>94936248
Batman could.
>>
>>94936248
Trying to catch a rubber bullet would result in a broken hand.
>>
>>94935960
>tazers kill more people every year than sharks do
>tear gas/pepper spray (allergens) cause 2-9 deaths a year
>rubber bullets are same as baton attacks, they still imbed into the skin and are inaccurate beyond 3 yards (hitting the neck possibly)

Also all the lawsuits against entertainment industry, most of this stuff is disallowed material beyond a single panel mentioning it.
>>
>>94936423
Oh shit, is there legal ramifications if depicted? I didn't know that. Makes a whole lot of sense now...
>>
>>94936275
I'd rather be shot than suffer long term brain trauma from being kicked in the head by a kevlar boot by a 6'4" 220 pound olympic level athlete.
>>
>>94936503
How the fuck would that make sense, you absolute retard?
>>
>>94935960

They are also called more accurately "Less-Lethal weapons", for the reasons >>94936423 and others have mentioned.
>>
>rubber bullets are bad and could kill people
>foot long razor sharp boomerangs are perfectly safe though
Bat-shills need to stop being retarded.

Seriously, if this is a lolrealism thing, then Batman should've been dead by his first outing. Or at bare minimum faced some actual consequences for building Brother Eye.
>"it's okay when Batman does it!"
>>
>>94936779
*adjusts glasses* Well, if the comic constantly gets sued for "violent depictions of firearms" then DC would find it more profitable to simply not depict firearms.
>>
>>94936924
lol, chill, not everything has to be realistic
>>
>>94936350
Ex-fucking-actly. That's why Batman uses them. Bullets only have one use or function; batarangs have loads of potential.
>>
>>94935960
Read Dark Knight returns and never open threads like this again.
>>
>>94935960
He couldn't figure out how to mass-produce rubber bullets shaped like bats without any of his employees noticing.
>>
Why doesn't Batman use his feces as well? Nobody wants to fight a man with poo on his hands.
>>
>>94936845
People die from punches all the time. It's comics, you just accept that Batman knows what he's doing and knows how to avoid killing people.
>>
>>94935960
Kinda unrelated, but it really bugs me that over time, batarangs have become less "boomerang" and more "shuriken"
>>
>>94936760
No, you can die pretty much instantly from that.
>>
>>94935960
There's no such thing as reliable non lethal take downs in a life or death situation in reality. Punching someone in the head with your gauntleted fist until they stop moving is as likely to kill them as it is to harmlessly knock them out. Same for his bat-tasers, bat-gas grenades, bat-grappling gun, bat-darts, and all the other shit he does.
>>
Use a beanbag shotgun or CS gas paintball gun. I swear it's like you mother fuckers never played SWAT 4.
>>
>>94936248
>Can you do trickshots with a rubber bullet
Rubber bullets, as I understand it, are used for riot control and intended, again, as I understand it, to be fired at the ground around the group of rioters, bounced off the ground first and then hit people.

Shooting people directly with rubber bullets isn't something you want to do. Bonus facts. The legal ramifications of self defense with less lethal ammunition is severe. If you injure someone with less lethal ammunition (you will) you are liable because you intended to injure them because you intentionally loaded something that you knew would injure someone. Which proves you were trying to injure them.
From a legal standpoint, anyway.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.