[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meh, 5 out of 10 this season, 6 if you're being generous.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: RvB_S15_Wanted_Poster.png (877KB, 800x545px) Image search: [Google]
RvB_S15_Wanted_Poster.png
877KB, 800x545px
Meh, 5 out of 10 this season, 6 if you're being generous.
>>
I forgot this existed until I saw it on netflix a few weeks ago.

It is fucking incredible that Red vs Blue hasn't changed in literally over ten years. How do people still watch it?
>>
>>94934582
>Red vs Blue hasn't changed in literally over ten years.

That's very wrong, production-wise it's changed a ton, writing-wise not so much.
>>
>>94934582
>How do people still watch it?

Attachment to the characters, mostly.
>>
>>94934598
>production-wise it's changed a ton
Has it actually? When I watched it was still the exact same format as always.

What has actually changed as far as production goes, because from what I've seen, the only difference is which version of Halo they're on.
>>
>>94934639
custom-made models, facial animation, fight coreography, and the fact the guys who founded the company barely do anything with it anymore besides voicing their characters.
>>
>>94934673
> facial animation, fight coreography
Do you have an example of this? I'd be interested to see because what I saw was just... the same old 'we're in halo wiggling the right analog stick and talking' as always.
>>
>>94934714
Seasons 8 through 13, excluding season 11.

Literally more action than comedy.
>>
>>94934609

>Attachment to the characters
>characters

What? I was under the impression this was just wacky halo jokes for kidz. There are characters to become attached to here?
>>
Just watched the finale

I think that was the most underwhelming season finale they've ever done.
>>
I hate what Rooster Teeth stands for.
>>
>>94934735
It's like G1 Transformers.
You have a fuckload of characters who are essentially recolors and barely count as more than a cliche as plots that start simple before eventually sounding complex despite not actually meaning anything.
>>
>>94934923
...I'm not sure you've actually seen the series after reading this.
>>
>>94935008
I watched the first few seasons as a kid. Tec and Donut and the rest are shallow archetypes differentiated by armor color. Things "happen" and "change", like their justification to switching to Halo3 assets or the big time travel clusterfuck at the end of season...2 or 3, I believe, but none of it actually matters. It's designed to look like a proper serial without ever really going anywhere, an indefinite cheap cartoon of Halo models filling time.

Either it went full Cerebus when I wasn't looking (I doubt it) or you don't recognize an endless vehicle for more money when you see it.
>>
>>94935176
>Tec
Tex.
>>
>>94935176
It did go half cerberus at least.
>>
>>94935176
Your opinion's invalidated if you only watched the first 3 seasons.
>>
I didn't know it was out yet is it a continuation of 13 or is it more dumb meaningless stuff like 14
>>
>>94935293
Actual season, picks up a couple months after 13

It's also a standalone season.
>>
>>94934565
Ehh it was okay, finale was very bad though
>>
>>94935312
Did they say/show how the reds and blues got out of the cliffhanger
>>
>>94935345
Fragmented-Epsilon-powered Tucker in the Meta's armor kicked ass, bad guys were defeated, they won, Hargrove went to jail. Reds and Blues retired, retirement changed into Blood Gulch all over again.
>>
>>94934565
Red VS Blue's been shit ever since Reconstruction, why the fuck Rooster Teeth still keeps this shit on life support is beyond me.
>>
>>94935176
Shallow archetypes are exactly what most people get attached to when they ingest fiction.
>>
>>94935433
>why the fuck Rooster Teeth still keeps this shit on life support is beyond me.

Money you fool

How Halo is still popular after 4 is the real mystery
>>
>>94935433
The Chorus Trilogy is worth watching, Season 11 especially.

Seasons 9 and 10 were garbage.
>>
>>94935256
It went from camp to pseudo-serious, same as G1 TF and many other spinoffs, adaptations and weird branches of that franchise, hence the comparison. It establishes continuity as mattering, references past events and presents itself as having some depth despite not really offering substance to the audience.

>>94935261
5 or 6, I believe.

Honestly I'm tempted to say your opinion is invalid if you can watch that much of a RT show without realizing their modus operandi is to keep viewership and merch sales up for as long as possible rather than to create entertaining media while profiting, but "your opinion is invalid" is a fucking stupid bit of anti-discussion rhetoric in the first place. I watched enough to know exactly what it is, and I highly doubt someone came along and wrote something of actual merit here.
>>
>>94935441
You're not wrong. Kids especially prefer that. I was just explaining where the comparison comes from.
>>
>>94935489
And then in seasons like 7-13 it goes more serious than that. You haven't watched it all and someone who has is telling you that you are wrong
>>
>>94934565
somehow topped 9 for being the worse season. Both the humor and drama were shit. Seasons 6, 7, and 8 had the perfect blend of humor, action, and story.
>>
>>94934565
This season felt like fanfiction. The whole "meet your double" trope, the outside spectator, and the overall quality, really just doesn't feel up to their usual quality.

But the final episode was just the worst.
>>
>>94935560
>I don't think you watched this at all.
>I did.
>Your opinion is invalid if you didn't get to [x].
>I got to [y].
>I-I MEANT [z]!

The original point was "I don't think you've watched this." Now it's "No it was different after 1/3 in." Between the sliding goalposts, multiple anon's saying the show actually got WORSE around that point, and your refusal to refute a single one of my actual accusations or explain how it supposedly got better...I gotta say, you're not giving me a compelling reason to believe you.
>>
>>94934879
What does RT "stand for"?
>>
>>94935822
A cult of personality and merchandise.
>>
>>94934565
only good episode this season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8PmtlkprFA.
>>
File: spencerporkinsenson.jpg (45KB, 633x355px) Image search: [Google]
spencerporkinsenson.jpg
45KB, 633x355px
What was the point? Someone? Anyone?
>>
I know I may be in the vast minority, but does anyone else somewhat disappointed that the main point of view switched away from Andrews and back to the Reds and Blues? When the season first started, I thought seeing the RvB universe from the eyes of a new character would have been a new and interesting way to change things up for S15, but then she went to being a support character who only beat out Donut in terms of relevance.

Overall, while not bad, I can't say it was a good season. Rather underwhelming as a whole if you ask me.
>>
>>94934565
I stopped during season 6, when it tried to turn from comedy to dramedy.
Does Rooster Teeth even have any long time fans left, or are they all young teens now? (Because RT has been on a fucking sharp decline the past 4 or 5 years.)
>>
>>94936493
RWBY is their primary draw now.

Dunno why, it sucks.
>>
>>94934639
How can you not tell what they've done?

Better audio quality, custom models, animation entirely independent of the video game engine, bringing in actors like Elijah Wood

If you seriously think RvB hasn't changed since the first episode then you're just retarded
>>
>>94936693
They asked how it changed; they didn't say it definitively didn't change, you drone.
>>
>>94934565
arbyN'thechief was better anyway...
>>
>>94937991
Except he did, he literally says he saw no difference. Quit picking fights just to pick a fight, that's how you embarrass yourself.
>>
>>94934598
>>94934639
Compare this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9wtbzGjCI
To this (4:30)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=isYowD7g2PU
>>
>>94936516
waifus
>>
>>94936287
I thought it was funny.
>>
>>94935380
>>94935345

Don't forget, After Hargrove was arrested, they decided, fuck it, and activated the temple of Procreation and the entire population of chorus was involved in a planet wide orgy.
And apparently Simmons and Grif were locked in a closet during the event.
>>
>>94935894
Agreed, I hope they go back to just doing anthology stuff. That season was top.
But I know they won't.
>>
>>94935560
As someone who's watched it all, they're right.
>>
>>94939798
Except they "literally" did not.
They asked if that was the case and explained that it had not [WHEN THEY WATCHED IT] it had not yet changed. They then again asked what changed.

Like for fuck's sake, I know shilling's a joyless job, but read for once you shit.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.