[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't he speak English?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: DH5OIvsUwAATiUT.jpg (75KB, 1199x677px) Image search: [Google]
DH5OIvsUwAATiUT.jpg
75KB, 1199x677px
It's not like he didn't know it. He understood when the others were speaking it. And being alive for like a thousand years would certainly give time to learn many languages and perfect the accents.
>>
>>94929708
Maybe he lost a bet and has to spent this lifetime only speaking Japanese
>>
I'm really sick of them being the primary villains in these shows. I think it's fair to say Netflix has overplayed their Hand.
>>
autism
>>
He was being an asshole.
>>
>>94929708
Why were they all different ages if they were effectively from the same time?
>>
>>94929708
Hahaha! Look at the stupid Burger not being fluent in Japanese!
糞食らえ!
>>
>>94931695
Because they were different ages when becoming immortal.
>>
>>94929708
What if the actor doesn't know it?
>>
The better question how is he able to go toe to toe with JJ but lose to DD.

Fuck, Daredevil was going toe to toe with both him and Bakuto.
>>
>>94931873
Daredevil is main character of this shitshow.

>Daredevil MC
>Jessica Jones sidekick
>Iron Fist damsel in distress
>Luke Cage is there too

These two showrunners aren't competent. They are easily lost from track when they are playing favorites. They are Frankfags so they fucked up Season 2 of Daredevil by effectively making it a Punisher pitch.
>>
>>94929708
If I was alive for a thousand years I wouldn't give a fuck if people wanted to communicate with me or not. The four other people who matter understand me so who cares.
>>
Him speaking Japanese was one of the few things that made the hand vaguely Asian. It looked like the hand in DD, but in Defenders it was random ninja syndicate #5698.
>>
His voice was very soothing
>>
There are two kind of people in this world who can't into bilingualism

Americans and North-East Asians.
>>
Being alive for hundreds of years aside, it's pretty common for people, particularly Asians, to be able to understand a language, but not speak it confidently.
>>
>>94929708
I think he does it to piss off the other ones.
>>
>>94929708
Some people are comfortable speaking their native language even if they understand other languages.
>>
>>94929708
He knows they understand him and it's his native language, why would he not speak it?
>>
Because if people can understand what you're saying why would you need to speak any other language than your own

It's like asking why Jabba the Hutt don't speak English

You think Picard was speaking English on Star Trek

Hell no, that motherfucker came from rural France, he was speaking French the whole time and the translator spat it out as English
>>
>>94929708

Because Japanese is a popular foreign language in the West and having characters speak it in pop media pulls in the weeaboo crowd.

Sadly, this couldn't save his character among the Hand. The Hand ranking from best to worst:

>Madam Gao
>Sowande
>Murakami
>Alexandra
>Bakuto
>>
Remember when Gao did this the first season of DD as a power move?

God, I hate how the Netflix shows fell apart.
>>
>>94931873
Because Jones can't fight for shit, she just throws her weight into it and hopes for the best. Ol' Red kept giving him the run around instead of attacking senselessly like an animal. That he kept hounding Jones could not have been a coincidence given his hobby
>>
>>94929708
Here's the real question:

Why did he suck as a major villain? Same goes for the rest of the Hand except for Madame Gao. I mean, fucking Nobu was his underling, and he was infinitely more memorable than this dude.
>>
>>94929708
they really needed a more high level threat for the Defenders to fight, it just wasn't believable for Jessica and Luke to be struggling against these guys given their strength levels.
>>
File: toshi.jpg (40KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
toshi.jpg
40KB, 550x309px
>>94929708
Because he's this asshole
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.