[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post infamous /co/-related shitstorms. When South Park pranked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Not_Without_My_Anus.jpg (164KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Not_Without_My_Anus.jpg
164KB, 1916x1076px
Post infamous /co/-related shitstorms.

When South Park pranked people by airing this instead of Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut and thousands of fans calls in to say they were going to drop the show and a bunch of critics said South Park could never continue as a show if they kept pulling stunts like that.
>>
>inb4 szechuan dipping sauce
>>
The amount of butthurt from that episode must have been a phenomenal experience for the creators.
>>
>>94928092
"Holy shit... People actually give a shit about what happens in our show about not giving a shit?"
>>
>>94927993
Honestly, that's probably the 2010s' equivalent of this. Everyone who was hyped for a new Samurai Jack got screwed that night by something totally unrelated.
>>
>>94928506
The difference is at least it was still a new premiere episode of R&M, so once word caught way that's all that was airing that night, all the R&M fans were ecstatic.

No one gives a shit about Terrance & Phillip and Not Without My Anus is a painfully unfunny episode. The only way it could have been worse is if it was somehow a solo Towelie episode. If it was more on par with something like Butters Very Own Episode, it would be passable.
>>
>>94927363
I found the prank hilarious. "Not without My Anus" was pretty good, too. For me it was win/win. I thot that the "Cartman's Mom" story was pretty dull, by comparison, with no proper payoff, to boot.
>>
>>94927993
Was there a shit storm about it outside of 4chan and maybe the Samurai Jack reddit?

I feel like most people were ecstatic for an early premiere of R&M.
>>
File: download (7).jpg (10KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
10KB, 251x200px
What better shitstorm than one that gets almost everyone fired and forced Lazlo to make a public apology?
>>
>>94931385
elaborate?
>>
File: 273325-56231-one-more-day.jpg (54KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
273325-56231-one-more-day.jpg
54KB, 640x640px
I wasn't on /co/ when this happened but I'm sure there must have been a shitstorm
>>
>>94931446
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic

AKA, the downfall of CN started at this point.
>>
File: co kills a guy.png (2MB, 3540x5000px) Image search: [Google]
co kills a guy.png
2MB, 3540x5000px
That time /co/ killed a guy. He deserved it tho.
>>
>>94931385
I will never be able to wrap my brain around how an entire city's government can be so retarded.

>Turner and Interference agreed to pay $2 million: $1 million to go to the Boston Police Department and $1 million to the Department of Homeland Security

I just don't understand.
>>
>>94931530
It is Boston
>>
>>94931548
Typical Boston competency:
>The Big Dig
>The project was originally scheduled to be completed in 1998 at an estimated cost of $2.8 billion
>However, the project was completed only in December 2007, at a cost of over $14.6 billion as of 2006
>The Boston Globe estimated that the project will ultimately cost $22 billion, including interest, and that it would not be paid off until 2038
>>
>>94931446
>Adult Swim put up LED Mooninites promos around the city.
>People didn't know what they were and thought they were some terrorist-related bomb plants.
>Call in bomb squad to carefully take down what they thought were electronic bombs.
>40+ year old police officers are baffled who could possibly be behind this clear attack.
>One of the officer's kids looked at it and said, "Hey, that looks like that cartoon character from that show."
>Police demand Adult Swim pays for "damages".

I'm exaggerating a few details, but that's the gist of how stupid it was.
>>
>>94927993

I like Samurai Jack but c'mon with how much you fuckers bitch about the 5th season here, the shitstorm was SJ not an early and repeat showing of S3E1 of Rick and Morty.
>>
>>94931456
Oh god I wish I couls have been there for the threads.
>>
>>94932052

It was a sad time of killing a good hero.
>>
>>94931530
What's not to get? By making it into a fiasco, they scored a million bucks for themselves and a million bucks for the feds for some good boy points.
>>
>>94931530
They weren't actually retarded. They just knew that going all "Oh these LEDs must mean it's a bomb threat" was going to be a more acceptable way to punish the company than going "Holy shit you guys did your entire company just commit vandalism to promote your product? Did you think we'd let you get away with this?"
>>
>>94931490
I've read this like 5 times and I still can't figure out what's happening.

How exactly did anyone get killed here? It seems the worst that happened it somebody got doxxed, unless the joke is exactly that.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.