[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it truly the dullest film in the Animated canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

Is it truly the dullest film in the Animated canon?
>>
>>94917144
Is this truly the most pretentious thread in/co/
>>
well it takes a massive shit on the actual story, painting it gold
>>
>>94918678
Did you know when polishing a turd there is a high chance of getting shit on ones fingers? Just kidding, Pocahontas isn't racist, it had a can't zany raccoon.
>>
>>94917144
Oh fuck off. Sick of the shit this movie gets.
>muh racism
>muh historical inaccuracy
>muh cookie cutter plot
After several funny, wacky animated features, it was Disney's attempt at making a serious romance. Songs by fucking Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz. It's not perfect, but it's far from the shitpile people make it out to be.
>>
>>94917144
Not if you fap to it.
>>
That goes to the black cauldron or Princess and the Frog
>>
File: 1502346968010.png (587KB, 930x941px) Image search: [Google]
1502346968010.png
587KB, 930x941px
>>94921592
>Princess and the Frog
>>
>>94921592
Both those movies are totally fappable.
>>
File: savages.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
savages.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>94917144
I dunno, it had one of the best villain songs that's for sure
>what can you expect from filthy little heathens?
>their whole disgusting race is like a curse!
>>
>>94917144
Dull? Yeah, kinda, it's not very thrilling. Honestly, no matter how long ago you watched it you'll still remember everything just because there's not a lot to it.

But... I can't for the life of me call it bad. It has a lot of good (yet unexciting) moments, songs, etc. I like it, but I don't like watching it
>>
>>94921849
This. Gorgeous animation, too. A lot of moments where the character animation hearkens back to Golden Age Disney.
>>
File: blue corn moons.png (164KB, 345x512px) Image search: [Google]
blue corn moons.png
164KB, 345x512px
>>94917144
It's heavy-handed sanctimonious garbage.

Years ahead of its time.
>>
File: IMG_0533.jpg (487KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0533.jpg
487KB, 1000x900px
>>94917144
This should help decide.
>>
>>94925696
I'd say the dullest part of the animated canon is probably somewhere in the package era. My vote goes to the Bongo the bear half of Fun and Fancy Free. That was much more dull than Pocahontas.
>>
>>94921533
>After several funny, wacky animated features, it was Disney's attempt at making a serious romance.
Which is why it sucked. Disney can't write drama for shit. Leave that to the REAL movies and let Disney paint colorful re-imagining of mythical imagery with over-the-top characters and broad, generalized messages. Because when they try to do subtlety it ends up a thousand times more broad than their caricatures.
>>
File: p18139_p_v8_af.jpg (359KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p18139_p_v8_af.jpg
359KB, 960x1440px
>>94925848
>Disney can't write drama for shit.
>>
>>94917144
No, that's Mulan and only feminists would argue otherwise.
It's so dull it doesn't even have a memorable villain, something other Disney movies always had.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.