[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you side with or against Superman here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 26

File: 565346478.jpg (353KB, 1919x1469px) Image search: [Google]
565346478.jpg
353KB, 1919x1469px
Do you side with or against Superman here?
>>
File: usericon.jpg (54KB, 355x533px) Image search: [Google]
usericon.jpg
54KB, 355x533px
>>94912136
Superman for the most. At some point enough is enough. Than again my favorite heroes don't have that problem.
>>
I've sided with Superman through the entire Injustice story

He made the world safer and only killed people who picked a fight with him first
>>
>>94912136
Superman
Joker needed to die, especially in the Injustice universe
>>
Injustice Superman seems noticeably more powerful than other versions of him, or is it just the fact that he stopped caring about the fragility of things and is unleashing more of his seemingly infinite strength upon his opponents?
>>
>>94912136
Superman
>>
>>94912226
>...or is it just the fact that he stopped caring about the fragility of things and is unleashing more of his seemingly infinite strength upon his opponents?
Basically. Superman is holding back and pulling punches with basically any fight he encounters. If he removes the 'no killing' rule and he can decimate just about any earth villain.
>>
>>94912136
In this one instance, Superman. But his moral event horizon to me was killing Shazam just for calling him into question.
>>
File: 65754868967.jpg (66KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
65754868967.jpg
66KB, 600x431px
>>94912278
I think he can decimate pretty much anything he wants.

If you think about it, Superman is pretty much a god.
>>
Superman. Although he has done some questionable things, you can't really argue with results.
>>
>>94912197
This it's when Wonder cunt started squeezing into the picture and manipulated our boy because she's a slut when sit went bad. She was one of the reasons he was being pushed toward dictator.
>>
Can't blame him. At that point it would be completely irresonsible for him to NOT kill the Joker.

I preferred he'd rape him but that's a different story.
>>
>>94912344
Did anything even happen between Supes and WW?
>>
>>94912136
I don't actually know much about the context here, but I'm fucking tired of the Joker, so I side with Superman here for finally putting a real and proper end to this badly-written and horribly overused character.
>>
File: 3491402-1834364742-Comic.png (1MB, 650x960px) Image search: [Google]
3491402-1834364742-Comic.png
1MB, 650x960px
>>94912136

I'd side with the real Superman. Not the Injusticeverse Stalin-wannabe that only literal retards like >>94912192, >>94912197, >>94912219, >>94912235, >>94912325, >>94912349, >>94912417 would agree with.
>>
>>94912442
Bro I just told you I don't know the context, I just don't like the Joker.
>>
>>94912136
With Spiderman ofc!
>>
>>94912136
Looks like a ripoff of Invincible
>>
>>94912136
>Comic Injustice Superman
Kind of all over the place. Like >>94912197 said he only picked fights with people who fucked with him first and even tried to keep the resistance members alive on multiple occasions. There were some weirdly contrived shifts for him because the writers remembered they had to tie in to the game. Murdering Green Arrow after what was obviously an accident was definitely the dumbest way they could have done that plot point.

>Injustice 1 Superman
Totally in the wrong. Psycho man-baby who murders indiscriminately and plans to level two whole cities because people dared to say mean things about him

>Injustice 2 Superman
Basically a completely different character from Injustice 1 Superman. Much more like the better parts of the comic. He's a more believable tyrannical version of the character. Charismatic and seemingly compassionate towards civilians but it's all a front for broken, violent man.
>>
>>94912136
Superman. The world doesn't need antagonistic people. People who basically choose to negatively effect others where ever they go don't have the right to exist. The stakes are too high. There are too many humans wasting too many resources, every life is an other nail in the planet's coffin and if we have any hope of surviving ourselves we need to collectively and as individuals decide to hold ourselves to a much higher standard than we have been, and it needs to happen soon. Every human on Earth needs to hold their every decision and action to the standard and importance of a hero. That is going to take a lot of willpower from every individual. We can't afford to have bullies belittling and discouraging us anymore. They're halting our progress. They're dooming the world by preying on the hopes and self esteem of their fellow man. Fuck that. Get rid of them.
>>
If anybody sides with Superman, they're stupid.

Superman is a maniac who killed Billy Batson (a teenager) just for crossing him. Anyone who wants to give him full power is blind.
>>
>>94912321
>If you think about it, Superman is pretty much a god.

People say that all the time but that's a pretty lax way of defining the word.

I mean there are LOTS of immortals with incredible strength but I wouldn't worship anyone that doesn't create life or have absolute control over an element of the natural world.

I don't even like the idea of calling Hercules "the God of Strength" just because he's the best heavy lifter in the Greek Pantheon. I'll call him that when he demonstrates the ability to magically grant muscles to other people.
>>
File: Max1.jpg (142KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Max1.jpg
142KB, 600x450px
>>94912442
So how many will have to die, before it is finally time the put the Joker down anon? As I said before, the heroes I like don't have this issue. If the person in question can be taken down, and they never try anything again, then fine, do your time and go. Be when you keep starting shit over and over, it is time to put you down.
>>
>>94912136
If he had just stopped at killing the joker then yes
>>
>>94912518
Superman has become worse than most of the villains he has executed. He's a tyrannical madman and isn't mentally stable enough to have the power he took for himself. He killed Shazam for literally no reason.
>>
I agree with the line Jason's ending brought up.

There comes a point in the Injustice comics where Supes is too much of a Superdick
>>
With, this isn't even a question of morality, anyone else would have been killed for bombing a city, why not Joker? All of Injustice is Batman's fault, had he asked for a little bit of help imprisoning the Joker this would never had happened. Instead Batman, knowing how dangerous Joker is, keeps sending him back to the revolving doors of Arkham and pretends like he had no idea that Joker could have done the things he does. Batman got a number of his friends and colleagues killed for his own selfish cause, and the sickening thing is people still say he's in the right.
>>
>>94912518
I hope you're prepared for the fact that your own philosophy would doom you to the category of those who've got to go.
>>
>>94912562
I was also ok with putting the villain in an proper prison.
>>
File: agito.jpg (32KB, 280x420px) Image search: [Google]
agito.jpg
32KB, 280x420px
>>94912518
That is a bit much...
>>
>>94912557
No anyone's call to make aside from the goverment. Sorry pal.
>>
>>94912136
In a "killing Joker" - for. In "taking over the World" - against.
>>
>>94912518
Superman has become worse than most of the villains he has executed. He's a tyrannical madman and isn't mentally stable enough to have the power he took for himself. He killed Shazam for literally no reason.
>>
File: LobotomizedJoker.png (79KB, 313x250px) Image search: [Google]
LobotomizedJoker.png
79KB, 313x250px
>>94912557
>>94912417
Execution isn't the only solution, anon. We have other means of quelling their homicidal lust.
>>
>>94912136
Up until this point Superman, afterwards... There is no one to side with.
>>
>>94912718
Not him, and he'll, no offense, but why is it only the government's call? Why must the common person never be allowed to exact justice on their own if they're capable (which includes rational thinking and a strong evidence backing)

Especially when Gotham's government is shown again and again to be corrupt and they're perhaps more responsible for Joker than Batman. ("We won't do a damn thing against joker, Batman, but if you kill him, we're going to use the police nukes on you.")

>>94912136
Batman.

But I'd probably kill Joker myself and explain to supes that you don't give people like that what they want, in joker's case, corrupting him.
>>
>>94912442
Says he sides with the real Superman
Posts Kingdom Come Superman, who left the world alone for years.
>>
>>94912557
as long as it takes for the people to democratically elect a government that'd legislate the death penalty to be a valid option for someone with joker's mental faculties.

Until then, the people don't want it.
>>
>>94912946
I'm not a fan of "Batman should kill the Joker", I think the state could (and probably should) do that but lobotomizing him seems reasonable.
>>
>>94912519
Billy Batson wasn't 'just' a teenager and you avoid pointing this out because you know it doesn't help your point.
>>
>>94913626
He was a kid when Supe's killed him. And Shazam didn't defy him, he asked when enough was enough. He wasn't even given a chance to back down.
>>
>>94912136
i hate superman but this act is redeeming and places him in a more respectable category
>>
File: 1368402707742.jpg (14KB, 202x228px) Image search: [Google]
1368402707742.jpg
14KB, 202x228px
>>94912136
in the context of injustice, superman if he just killed the joker and left it at that. i'd even be fine with what justice lords superman did here >>94912946

>>94912718
>>94913121
>"Not anyone's call to make aside from the government"
>joker either gets off on an insanity plea or just flat out escapes
>hell, one time he had diplomatic immunity

i get that someone like the joker wouldn't last long in real life without getting killed by the authorities or dragged off into a corner by them and forgotten about. but fuck off with your moralfaggotry.

if it's shown time and time again that the government isn't going to do anything about the joker then why shouldn't someone put him down? and don't give me that "if you kill your enemies they win" crap.
>>
File: 14284639721974.jpg (15KB, 639x259px) Image search: [Google]
14284639721974.jpg
15KB, 639x259px
>>94912197
>>
>>94912784
>implying the kid didn't have it coming
>>
>>94912946
Lobotomies are more immoral than execution
>>
>>94913685
>He was a kid when Supe's killed him
He was a kid 5 years ago. Injustice's story mode never actually showed him untransformed in the present.

But, yeah, that death was unjustifiable. Even Injustice 2 pretty much ignores it.
>>
>>94912226
>noticeably more powerful than other versions of him

Not really. This supes is actually weaker than our Supes. Injustice Supes got fucked by Wondy, ours fucked Cosmic entities.
>>
>>94912197
i sided with batman in injustice 1 because the regime were monsters in the first game but i sided with superman in injustice 2 because they didn't need braniac to restore the cities/other worlds and letting him live would only just insure that he would escape and do it all again.
>>
>>94912982
Swamp Thing did nothing wrong.
>>
>>94912136
Supes was right in this case
He would also be right to do this to a lot of DC villains including most of his regular villains besides Myx
>>
>>94914054
Because that someone would go against what people want.

I know you're probably american , so you don't understand that, but the government is the will of the people and the laws are made based on that.

If
>he is a diplomat and the laws say he has immunity because of it
>he is insane and that counts for legal defense based on the law of the land

then that means that the people of the country don't want the joker to be killed.

If they do, they should hurry up and elect people that'll pass laws towards that end.
>>
>>94912136
With.
Fuck superheroes that refuse to kill people. How many times has Batman put the Joker in jail because he didn't want to skip his stupid moral code? How many times has the Joker then escapes and caused the deaths of innocent people? Batman has indirectly caused the deaths of many people because he refuses to kill him, which would prevent him from harming any more innocent people. He would rather put innocent people at risk than feel bad about killing one guy. Batman is a selfish cowardly prick
>>
>>94913274
i think batman should kill anyone he sees as a threat to the public order. He has pretty good judgment, I dont think there's as much of a risk in it as he thinks
>>
>>94912557
Ultraman and Kamen Rider are for little children
kys neckbeard
>>
>>94914153
There was one banter with Bats and Supes that went like

>batman: are there any lines you don't cross anymore?
>superman: I don't kill children
>batman: Didn't stop you with Billy.
>>
>>94913121
The Joker's mental faculties are sufficient that he can match wits with the Batman, who is incredibly intelligent and arguably in full possession of his mental faculties.

It's bullshit to say that the Joker's mental state alleviates culpability. And even if you accept that, it's clear that Joker's mental state is such that he's beyond rehabilitation and he is not going to change. Joker's recidivism is 100%. Joker never once got free and tried to live a normal life only to tragically be pulled back into the life of crime.

And even if you accept that Joker is incapable of conventional human morality . . . so is a rabid dog or a wild fire. Each of those things cannot be culpable of wrong-doing in the way a human in possession of full mental faculties can, but we still put rabid dogs down and fight forest fires.
>>
>>94914505
That was Blue Beetle who said that.
>>
>>94914532
Lots of blah blah to ignore the fact that according to the human laws of the universe, he's not supposed to be executed. And if he's not, it means the people want him not to.
I wouldn't be opposed to a story where people elect someone with the exact purpose of passing a law specifically designed to kill the joker.
But until then, no dice.
>>
>>94912136
With, there is nothing wrong with absolute authority assuming control assuming it it moral and just.
>>
>>94912557
None. The first time he makes a legitimate threat on someone else's life he's legitimized the use of deadly force against himself.
>>
File: Goldblumstien.gif (2MB, 390x205px) Image search: [Google]
Goldblumstien.gif
2MB, 390x205px
>>94914122
>rape is worse than murder
>>
>>94914595
Batman would stop it. Because he is that much of a faggot.
>>
>>94914783
I sincerely don't believe that. The whole
>batman is gay for joker
is just shitposting and memes. And since executions and wars happen in DC-verse and batman isn't stopping them, he won't stop that either.
>>
>>94912136
its a pretty dumb question like in general

but I'm gonna go with no.

although why the Joker was never awarded the death penalty in court for anything he did is completely beyond me
>>
The problem isn't that he killed the Joker. Nobody, not even Batman, is angry that that Joker is dead. The problem is that Superman lost control and killed him as an emotional response. Superman didn't execute him, or bring him to trial, or kill him as a reasonable decision. He did it because he was angry and snapped, and that's why he's supposed to be wrong- not that he's killing people, but he's killing as an emotional reponse. He didn't need to kill Shazam, he did it because he was angry, he didn't need to kill Green Arrow, and is shown afterwards to regret his actions, but he did it without thinking.
>>
>>94914747
well, there's many sympathetic reasons to murder someone but not really any for rape.
>>
>>94914963
Pretty much. He's basically one of those niggers you see in the news every now and then.
>AH GOT REAL ANGRY SO AH KILLED EM
Basically human trash
>>
>>94912366
It was implied they'd have a kid who would be unstoppable but in the end Supes had no interest in her and was still hung on Louis
>>
>>94914431
>>94914595
I'd love to live in the world where someone as naive as you is from.

i imagine it must be a magical place.
>>
>>94915259
You don't believe governments get elected by people or you don't believe laws are made by governments?

Which one is it?
People have the governments they deserve, they shouldn't have voted for corrupt idiots.
>>
>>94914963
You are right Anon, good to know common sense isn't completely dead but the fact that so much people side with Superman is very telling of the people who read comics in general: Ideologues who would rather a short term victory/ gratification over long term solutions remind me of two Wonder woman quote:
"If the prospect of living in a world where trying to respect the basic rights of those around you and valuing each other simply because we exist are such daunting, impossible tasks that only a superhero born of royalty can address them,then what sort of world are we left with? And what sort of world do you want to live in?"

"Peace is a virtue. A state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence and justice. It is not simply the absence of war"

I used to wonder how propaganda and dictatorships work but after watching people defend Superman's actions I understand how. They let there dislike of Batman and hatred of Joker(rightfully) push them to give up the one thing that separate us from animals; Rule Of Law. Its amazing to see people defend Superman's action even try to blame others for his weak willed behavior simply amazing.
>>
>>94915518
Under the regime superman is the law
>>
>>94912136

The joker should have been killed years ago.

Unlike Bruce, where you can trace an actual growth that makes sense from the GA to today, Joker has always just been this character name that whatever writer involved fills with whatever they want.

There's no real reason, for example, for some ordinary psycho in clown makeup to be able to take down the entire Justice League, that was just a bunch of plot devices and plot contrivances that a shitty/lazy writer used in one run.

Because it's just a NAME, Joker could be killed any number of times and rather than AVOIDING another one of their fellow crap writers stupidity, a new writer can just say: so and so is now Joker.

It's akin to the Lanterns or Dr. Who.

Saying the Joker is always the same Joker and that Batman needs to keep him alive is stupid idiocy at it's basic core.
>>
>>94912136
Superman in Injustice is a fucking dick/homicidal maniac who will kill me if I disagree with him. Unless I had some way to protect myself I would be obligated to serve him and turn my back on him when he gets disposed.

>>94912623
Although I kinda agree with your point, the problem is that Batman technically is not the one who keeps sending the Joker to the asylum.

Batman just arrests the Joker, the ones who put him on the Asylum are the authorities. Therefore we should be complaining why the Gotham government hasn't put the Joker either in a stronger cell or executed him.
>>
File: 1497165314244.jpg (495KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497165314244.jpg
495KB, 1200x600px
>>94912136
with
>>
>>94914473
He says, defending Batman, a 40 year old man in a bat costume fighting clowns.
>>
>>94912136

Superman. If he had taken care of Joker, Lois would have never died and his kid would have survived. You know how clark is about pie.
>>
>>94914595
Nigga, just because the slight majority of people make a decision doesn't mean it's right.
>>
>>94917065
Hey, that's not fair, anon

Batman's only 32
>>
File: VGUsu62.jpg (131KB, 858x661px) Image search: [Google]
VGUsu62.jpg
131KB, 858x661px
Who was in the wrong here /co/?
>>
>>94917353
Batman. Batman is always wrong.
>>
File: accident.jpg (227KB, 1280x999px) Image search: [Google]
accident.jpg
227KB, 1280x999px
>>94917353
The rock. imagine if Bats dropped a thug of a building into a pile of trash (as he does often) and it turns out that there was a jagged iron bar in there that impales the guy.
>>
>>94912197
The entire story? Heck no, he was pretty douche.

Killing the joker? Yes and Batman is freaking idiot for getting mad over this.
>>
>>94912136
This wasn't Superman who killed the Joker, it was a husband and future father whose whole future was taken away by a psychopath, just because. So, as far as I see, Superman just did what Batman should have done a long time ago.

Batman is the true villain in this story. Not only let the Joker keep killing, but every dirty plan of his to stop Superman only made him more angry, to the point that Superman came to conclussion that if Batman is willing to do anything to get what he wants, he has to do it too.
>>
>>94912136

I call for jury nullification.
>>
>>94914747
Major brain damage > death > rape.
>>
Joker needed to die but everything that followed isn't Superman, it's some monster in Kryptonian skin.
>>
>>94913033

Gotta let government pedo rings go anon.
>>
>>94917322
I thought he was thirty five.
>>
File: James_Gordon.jpg (29KB, 796x595px) Image search: [Google]
James_Gordon.jpg
29KB, 796x595px
>>94912136
Against. Superman isn't raping him. But I will let it pass if Batman rapes Joker in his last seconds. NOW HURRY BATMAN! YOU KNOW YOUR DUTY!
>>
>>94912136
Just in that moment? Yes I side with Superman. Throughout the entirety of Injustice? It's a mixed bag for me, I sided with him through part of year one. The tipping point was his murder of Green Arrow.
>>
File: over the edge.jpg (23KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
over the edge.jpg
23KB, 700x394px
Who was in the wrong here, /co/?
>>
File: 1485146751610.jpg (23KB, 461x461px) Image search: [Google]
1485146751610.jpg
23KB, 461x461px
>>94912136
Superman was justified in killing the Joker in everyday. the problem is Wonder Woman influence combined with Batman's apathy pushed Clark into becoming a planetary dictator.

Bruce should've been there when Clark needed him most but no, he was in his cave mourning the loss of his boyfriend.
>>
>>94912136
With him in this exact moment, It's everything after that I can't stand
>>
>>94912136
Any sane person would have killed the Joker by now
>>
File: Injustice-2-wonder-woman-render.png (198KB, 512x818px) Image search: [Google]
Injustice-2-wonder-woman-render.png
198KB, 512x818px
Reminder that Wonder Woman is responsible for the creation of the Regime in Injustice, she manipulated a grieving Superman into becoming her enforcer.
>>
>>94912136

With of course.

You're a total fucking moron if you think killing the Joker is bad.
>>
>>94912136
Here, specifically? Superman. Back-burster-ing Joker is a little much but he needed to die.
The rest of the Injustice he was wrong though
>>
File: injustice 2 batman's fault.jpg (422KB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
injustice 2 batman's fault.jpg
422KB, 1988x1528px
>>
I think it's pretty damn important that Superman not kill the Joker. The entire super hero concept without government oversight falls apart immediately if they can execute captured citizens, regardless of extenuating circumstances.

That being said, Batman doing what he did in Supes dream world would be much less of an issue due to his lack of powers and surrendering himself to the courts. Any police officer or civilian doing it would also be fine.
>>
>>94912136
At some point, Villains need to die. If a state had the death penalty, I'm sure heroes might be tasked to take execution orders to the villains that can't be caught and held by regular means.
I mean, when you have multiple capital crimes committed by a villain, and convicted, and the only thing holding the law back from executing them is their ability to escape normal law enforcement, heroes need to step in.
It would be like normal people serving papers, except that the heroes would go grab the villains and forcefully bring them back. Since they probably have already been convicted of crimes in the past and should have already been executed, take them straight to the chair, and under hero guard, flip the switch.

This ideology of heroes never hurting anyone, even convicted mass murders, is a school boy fantasy. Even in comic books its unrealistic and only works if the story is forced by the writers. And it still doesn't sit well.This also applies to the trope 'If you kill me, you'll be just as evil as I am.' No they won't. Any hero that falls into this moral dilemma should be shot and hand off their abilities to someone with a pair. The only way I can see this as interesting story telling, is when this mindset is actually a known hindrance to the hero and his life, like Peter Parker in the early 2000's (haven't read Spiderman since they made 40 of them.)
>>
>>94915302
>>94914431

I hope one day you realize what a fool you used to be for believing one word of what you said here.
>>
Superman
and fuck Batman for forgiving Harley so easily when she was just as complicit as Joker was
>>
File: cascavictor2.jpg (58KB, 442x304px) Image search: [Google]
cascavictor2.jpg
58KB, 442x304px
>>94912442
This is the reason why comics become so retarded when its set in the real world.

The ethics and morals clash with reality, and it becomes clear that it is plain retarded.

We killed Bin Laden just for 3000 people, you know.

In fact, our laws make it perfectly clear that as just Joker raise a gun, its perfectly fine to shoot and fill the guy with lead and won't be charged.
>>
>>94914963
Batman was sad for Joker though, because even Alfred and Supes spelled it out for him, that he wants that Joker dick
>>
superheroes are doing this weird thing where they think the readers/ people in general are somehow outraged when bad people get killed

this is why characters like superman have lost popularity, and how the punisher has become one of the most iconic heroes with people flying the skull on clothes and bumper stickers and stuff
>>
>>94921489
And more than once!
USA
USA
USA
>>
File: theseus-sinis.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
theseus-sinis.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
Why does everyone forget that greek heros like Theseus killed people like the joker all the time. Because they were no better than monsters, and the joker is nothing more than that. A derange man who kills people for his jollies, and should die laughing like in ops picture.
>>
>>94912136
I side with whoever puts the down the Joker for good.

FUCK the Joker
>>
>>94912197
Did you forget he killed Green Arrow?
>>
Why doesn't the gummint immediately try and kill the joker as soon as he's arrested? right to a fair trial?
>>
>>94912226
He got his ass wopped by the real Super,an.
>>
>>94917860
Gordon. Barbara is a grownass woman. How Scarecrow, the guy that actually killed her, had nothing done to him was fucking stupid.
>>
>>94912530
>Hercules
>God

Time to brush up on the Greek Mythos there, homie
>>
>>94917496
Is this Scary Movie 4?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5jDDwI-44g
>>
>>94912197
>implying melting someone's brain for not agreeing with you is OK
>>
>>94925635
Clearly you haven't been on the internet long enough if you think it's *not* okay
>>
>>94912197
>Literally every dictator ever.
>>
>>94925169
I'm not the one who needs to brush up, son.

The myths end with Zeus raising him up into godhood upon death.
>>
>>94912530
>Hercules "the God of Strength"
He was never the god of strength. He was a demigod, pretty much a mortal in the gods' eyes. His strength compared to them was incredible.

>the best heavy lifter in the Greek Pantheon
Not even close. Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades were brothers with all similar strength. Way more than Hercules ever had. Zeus being the one to kill their father and free his brothers from their father's stomach, he feared his son's powers and tried to kill them, Zeus claimed the heavens and earth to rule over. Hades and Poseidon were granted rule of the underworld and the seas, always jealous and angry that Zeus lived in the heavens.
Long story short, Poseidon was actually considered to be the strongest of the 3 brothers, but he just wanted to be left alone in his kingdom of the sea. Pretty much any full god was stronger than Hercules.
>>
>>94912136
I don't think out-and-out revenge murder was helpful or necessary, but for the most part his initial idea of being more involved in the policing of criminals, and especially super criminals, made some sense.

The problem is it was all carried out in a vindictive, totalitarian fashion so naturally the reaction to that is negative. When he reprimands Batman and Aquaman it comes off less as him trying to correct their views and more him trying to place them in the same sense of helplessness he was just so others he feels disagree with him can feel his pain and bend a knee not from being convinced but threatened.

Ultimately placing Atlantis in a desert didn't prove anything about its policies with the surface other than that Superman and his friends could subject it to as much terror as its citizens do to other cities. He didn't teach anyone anything aside to be afraid of him.

The same thing with Batman's resistance, first he shows up to the cave just to bring up Bruce's dead parents and call him a failure of a father figure (likely because of how he feels with Lois and his unborn child gone) to draw a violent reaction he knows will hurt Bruce more than him, and later when the debacle with the Kents happen he shows up to break Bruce's back for no reason other than he felt like it. Batman had actually even submitted beforehand and asked him not to do it, but he goes on and subjects him to what he knows he's afraid of to drag everyone else down into his nightmare of vulnerability until they side with him in doing the same to others.

tl;dr No, might does not make right.
>>
In that particular instant?
Superman, for sure
>>
File: Red Hood Injustice 2.png (399KB, 1140x840px) Image search: [Google]
Red Hood Injustice 2.png
399KB, 1140x840px
>>94912192
KR Black says the truth.

Also it's a wonder why Joker didn't get a capital punishment for all the deaths he caused.

I mean even madness has its limits and at this point Joker is so mad that he's way too dangerous to let live.

I was for Supes until after the Kalibak incident. After that, he was the asshole he was shown in the videogame.

There is far, and there is too far. And Superman went way too far.
>>
>>94930646
It's a wonder Joker hasn't been fucking shot by an armed citizen in self defense. Or a cop returning fire
>>
>>94930654
Because said citizen or cop would be arrested for shooting someone that was insane, thus not in control of his actions.

Seriously I hate comic book logic and especially this kind of logic.

Why won't they kill off mainstream Joker and raise him as a revenant or something? That would count as Joker Immunity. And thus heroes would have reasons to kill him over and over. Including Batman.

They real trick would've been how to kill him off permanently.
>>
>>94930685
Being insane will only protect you from so much, and it certainly doesn't stop people from using whatever force necessary to defend themselves or others from the insane person.
>>
>>94917353
>>94917496

Isn't Nightwing a facist dictator now too? Lot's of Superheroes jumping on that bandwagon nowadays.
>>
>>94930744
I know that. But here we're talking comic books and their equally retarded logic.

I swear at least Wonder Woman could've decapitated him...
>>
>>94917496
>Not even a single nargh
>>
>>94912136

Against. Tv show version lobotomized Joker instead. No killing, no "Joker won because you're like him now." and Joker pays for his past crimes the rest of his life as a community worker.
>>
>>94912530
There were greek cults that worshiped hercules. He was a demigod, which is still part god. You are thinking of God in the western idea of the term.
>>
>>94912530

You can be a god if you were just a deified king or a hero. For example egyptian God of Medicine was a Pharaoh in his life, same with a chinese god of medicine who used to be an emperor and innovative herbalist.
>>
>>94917030
If he's looking for batman's approval then what a bro If he's just awkwardly looking awa then eh.
>>
Killing the Joker? I'm cool with that, but everything else was no good; he should have just killed all the major villains as a message to the world.
>>
>>94912718
>No anyone's call to make aside from the goverment.
Holy shit this is the funniest/scariest thing I've read in a long time.
>>
File: CCC_38_-_Gordon.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CCC_38_-_Gordon.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>94912136
Killing the Joker was a bit much. Why not just rape him instead?
>>
>>94912197
This

Joker - you're a fucking retard to even think killing him was wrong
MM - was killing diana
Atlantis - I seriously have no idea who the fuck spat on Aquaman's soup and made him go invade the countries but that shit needed to stop asap
Green Arrow - literally invaded his fortress where his recently kidnapped parents where being hidden in. Was told to stand down but stupidly decided to shoot his arrow for reasons unknown

The only actual murder in the story was with Billy Batson but I'd chalk that up to the writers just being retarded with all the characters.

Literally every time you see civilians in the story, they're living perfectly normal lives (like pic related) and totally not the horrible fascist regime that the story wants you to believe
>>
>>94912197
t. increasingly nervous man
>>
>>94912226
That was just plot-armor in the comics.
He gets rolled by real Supes
>>
>>94912417
Joker used Fear Toxin to make Superman think a Pregnant Lois was Doomsday and Superman killed her. Then it was revealed Joker hooked her heartbeat up to a nuke that when she died blew up Metropolis.
>>
>>94913033

Because it's not always a black and white case like the Joker. There's always a chance that the person a vigilante group deems guilty isn't, or more to the situation that the public knows. Those two factors alone among many are a problem.

Also this is comics, killing sometimes makes the asshole come back worse.
>>
>>94914463

In that case he would have to kill himself over Brother Eye.
>>
>Joker destroys an entire city with a nuclear bomb
>likely would have just gone back to Arkham, only to escape again
Why is this even a question? He deserved to be executed.
>>
Supes killing Billy was the moment I everyone on Supes side to turn against him

I can't believe people still followed him after that
>>
>>94912226
Injustice Supes is actually a lot weaker than normal Supes, but he's still a Superman without a rule against killing, so he's still pretty powerful by comparison of everyone else.
>>
Joker will forever be that one thing that makes the No Kill Rule the DUMBEST part of Batman's character.
So what if Joker 'Wins'? Wins what? He forced Batman to break a single rule.
On the other hand, he stays alive murdering more people.
Children in Gotham live in constant fear that while walking to school Joker pops out and sprays acid in their faces, or their parents are dead with Joker smiles on their faces when they get home. Wives lose husbands, husbands lose wives, parents lose children.
How many Bruce Waynes is Bruce Wayne going to allow to happen?
>>
>>94912515
This is pretty much my view of him.
>>
The Joker should be killed. WHO should do the killing is the controversial issue, and depends on the scenario.

If it is in the heat of action and Joker is putting lives at risk, it would be absolutely moral for Batman or any other person to subdue joker with lethal force. Indeed, I would argue it would be immoral for Batman to NOT kill Joker in this situation, if not using lethal force increases the risk to innocents. The situation is different if someone like Superman can easily end Jokers threat with no difference in risk to innocents, due to the sheer asymmetry of power. The same could apply to Batman if the circumstances were correct, i.e. non lethal force is just as effective as lethal.

If this is an after action incident, with Joker posing no immediate threat to anyone, then the situation changes. In most modern western societies, we would turn to the system, which has the legitimacy of the people's authority, for judgement. The choice of the system, judicial or otherwise, is the correct resolution here.

But this is also where we see a fundamental disconnect between our world and the comics world. The death penalty, and the whole taboo over lethal force, stems from our world. But our world does NOT have to deal with situations like Joker and other villains, who consistently escape and cause so much suffering again and again. If we did have such a situation - say, a master escapist terrorist who could repeatedly break out of jail and run amok - I guarantee you that our legal system would change to permanently remove that threat.

But if Comics attempted to even try to explore how the real world would act in response to the emergence of superheros and villains, it would rapidly change so much that it would become near unrecognisable to us. Given that both the mainline continuities seek to stay extremely close to reality, we get these logical inconsistencies.
>>
>>94912136
Superman.

>The Joker is insane, you can't make an insane person accountable.

I believe in the power of choice. I don't care if you are who you are because you had a bad childhood or whatever. When you hurt another who didn't do anything to you, that is a conscious choice, unless you were mind-controlled or blackmailed with the death of a loved one. Remember, you are who you choose to be, and actions speak louder than words.

I don't feel strongly in favor of capital punishment, but it makes me furious in real life that random muggers get sent to the chair for killing one or two people, and yet serial killers who rape, mutilate, torture and slaughter their victims in horrible ways get to live in cozy little cells gifted to them by our tax dollars.
>>
>>94917496
Why is this art so bad?
>>
File: PowderKegPaladin.jpg (457KB, 1671x787px) Image search: [Google]
PowderKegPaladin.jpg
457KB, 1671x787px
>>94932451

>Joker will forever be that one thing that makes the No Kill Rule the DUMBEST part of Batman's character.
>So what if Joker 'Wins'? Wins what? He forced Batman to break a single rule.

The logic is a Batman who has gone murderous villain would be even worse than Joker. Superman turns worse than Joker in the short time that he's in power. Injustice 2 ending he basically becomes the new Brainiac.
>>
File: Injustice 2 - Superman ending.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Injustice 2 - Superman ending.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>94932916
>>
>>94912515

>Totally in the wrong. Psycho man-baby who murders indiscriminately and plans to level two whole cities because people dared to say mean things about him

Blue Scarab has an intro line in the newest game regarding that:

>Blue: "There any line you wouldn't cross?"

>Superman: "I don't hurt children."

>Blue: "Didn't stop you with Shazam."
>>
>>94933000
>hammer and sickle
subtle
>>
File: SovietSuperman.png (787KB, 300x525px) Image search: [Google]
SovietSuperman.png
787KB, 300x525px
>>94933087

Thats from Red Son. A spinoff where Superman landed on WW2-era Soviet Union instead. He gets dismayed by the starvation all around him so he deposes Stalin and takes control, firmly believing in communism, which actually kinda works this time because theres a Superman solving every possible problem in the existence and working 24/7 for the people. Just starts becoming a problem when he becomes more and more a control freak and stops trusting on humanity completely to a point he thinks brainwashing everyone to be nice is a-ok.
>>
>>94932916
That's just more of Batman being a bad character.
Does he legitimately lack the will to kill one villain who kills more people a year than Hitler did during his entire regime (and not just da joos) and then stop? If so he's as insane as the people locked up in Arkham.
Joker is a domestic terrorist at this point. No amount of insanity clause can cover for how many people he has murdered. He needs to be put down and Batman needs to realize that he's just letting more of what happened in Crime Alley happen to other people the longer Joker is alive.
If a cop shot Joe Chill before Chill killed Thomas and Martha, would he be a bad person? No he would not, he'd be a hero.
>>
>>94918289
This.
>>
>>94918391
The problem is the government is, and always will be corrupt and disorganized.
When was the last time a major country in this world has had an actually great world wide renowned leader? When was the last time you heard things were getting better for a major country?
The governments are flawed as fuck, and allowing someone like the Joker is live on ANY clause is beyond the scope of basic human morality.
>>
>>94933196

>That's just more of Batman being a bad character.

Correction, thats just more of a Batman being insane character. His sense of moral and his trauma about his parents dictates his entire life and everything he does. So going against the "don't use guns" and "don't kill" rules would pretty much cause him to commit a sudoku at that point. Or become a grumpy old grandpa in Batman Beyond I guess. Joker and Batman have that whole "immovable object, unstoppable force" thing going on where both are equally insane but in complete opposites of the spectrum.
>>
>>94912136
Against. You shouldn't murder another man's Husbando right in front of him.
>>
>>94912136
in that particular moment, yes
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.