[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Green Lantern Corps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 140827cops1.jpg (15KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
140827cops1.jpg
15KB, 350x262px
>Venditti is STILL on the book
>the GLC hasn't actually acted as a police organization for years now
Give me one good reason why a Green Lantern themed version of pic related wouldn't work.

>Bu-but anthology books don't sell!
Whoreshit. You're seriously telling me that a format which is extremely easy to just pick up and read isn't capable of selling copies? Especially when one of the most common complaints about comics is that there's too much shit to sift through? Yeah, okay.

Tell me, when even was the last time someone published an anthology book?
>Legends of Tomorrw
A tie-in to a show nobody gives a shit about.
>Sword of Sorcery
Which cost 4 fucking dollars, so of course nobody bought it.

Also, seriously, who the fuck is Venditti blackmailing? Goddamn.
>>
In the last arc they literally arrested space pirates robbing a space bank.
>>
While we're bringing back anthologies, I want The Brave and the Bold. Also, get Tom King to write GL. His Batman is mediocre but he likes Green Lantern and he could tell an interesting story invoking politics and morality à la Omega Men
>>
>>94910797
>You're seriously telling me that a format which is extremely easy to just pick up and read isn't capable of selling copies?

A rotating cast isn't attractive to the majority because most people follow entertainment for specific characters, not concepts.

>Especially when one of the most common complaints about comics is that there's too much shit to sift through?

The more time you spend listening to people bitch and moan about continuity being hard and them needing easy jumping-on points, the more you'lll realize they're all talk. Some people just want something to whine about and when you "fix" the "problem", they're not satisfied, they just disappear in pursuit of something new to whine about. It's the exact same mindset as girls on tumblr who want comics to cater to them, but they'll never buy the ones that do anyway.
>>
>>94910797
>You're seriously telling me that a format which is extremely easy to just pick up and read isn't capable of selling copies?
Yes because comic anthologies consistently sell like garbage.

Comic fans want their favorite characters and they aren't going to pay 8 dollars to see him on 5 pages.
>>
>>94911528
>Yes because comic anthologies consistently sell like garbage.
I keep seeing this claim being made, but without even the tiniest speck of proof.

This is something that really gets on my tits. We the consumers are always told that something doesn't work, we're told anthologies don't sell, we're told that non-cape books don't sell. Well maybe, just maybe, they don't sell because you don't fucking publish any. Did you think of that? Of course you didn't, because that would require thinking of something that isn't Batman. Bunch of fucking tards.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.