[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shit you wish existed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: tintin cthulhu mythos.jpg (582KB, 1600x1130px) Image search: [Google]
tintin cthulhu mythos.jpg
582KB, 1600x1130px
ITT: Shit you wish existed.
>>
File: villainous.jpg (385KB, 1280x1086px) Image search: [Google]
villainous.jpg
385KB, 1280x1086px
More Villainous cartoons.
>>
>>94907374
>Herge actually researches the mythos
>none of these books ever reach print

They are geniunely impossible objects, it seems.
>>
reminder that puppets are also /co/
>>
you know you want to
>>
>>94907374
Complete Trailer Trash by Roy Tompkins
Complete collection of Robert Armstrong work
That "Dad" comic by Crumb
A comic version of the real-life Kavalier and Clay (i.e the earlydays of the comicbook industry, when eight guys would draw a 40-page book in a weekend and cook eggs with bathroom tiles. Or The story of the Iger/Eisner Studio, with plenty of stories of internecine conflict etc).
Oh and LOTS MORE non-genre BD shit in English, like JC Menu, Killoffer, Mattt Konture, even more David B and we have quite a lot of his stuff
Oh and at least two more non-photo "proper" Julie Doucet comics, same goes for Debbie Drechsler
>>
>>94907374
Make it yourself.

Read current tintin books and lovecraft over and over again and get to work
>>
File: 07c.png (635KB, 680x643px) Image search: [Google]
07c.png
635KB, 680x643px
>teen titans reboot
>sadie fucking dying and lars getting into a relationship with emerald
>a good rule 34 webm about emerald x lars
>Ash ketchu(p)m getting into a cannon relationship with any of the new or future seasons female companions
>Rebecca sugar making a cameo in SU
>>
>>94907374
>Lovecraft faggotry
>YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY COMPREHEND THE TRUE FORM OF G'TAG HAZUROC!!! IT WILL DRIVE YOU MAD MERELY FROM GAZING INTO ITS FACE!!!!! NONE CAN EVEN HOPE TO SLOW ITS DESCENT UPON THIS TINY INSIGNIFICANT WORLD!!!!!!!! THE OCEAN IS REALLY SCARY GUISE!!!!!!!!! ALSO JEWS. AND BLACKS. AHBLOOOGHGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck off and kill yourself, you hipster piece of shit.
>>
>>94909082
Lovecraft is lesshipster than hating on him due to "racism".

I bet you hate Luther as well.
>>
>>94909082
That was actually pretty fucking funny, dude. Never got Lovecraft worship at all. Madchen was much better/eerier.
>>
>>94909183
Like, it'd be one thing to just like the stories, but holy shit, the sheer reverence people have for this shit is ludicrous. Especially when it really just kind of boils down to the same thing over and over. Giant monsters who drive people crazy, the ocean is scary.

Besides, I can't take this shit seriously anyway, given it was written by a guy who named his cat 'Niggerman'.
>>
>>94909269
oh man tell me you're joking abut that cat, Jesus.
>>
>>94909297
It sounds like a joke, but that is actually what H.P Lovecraft named his cat. There's also an anecdotal story about how he was yammering on about how much he hated Jews, only for his Jewish wife to politely remind him who he was sharing a bed with.

This dude was hilariously try hard.
>>
>>94909331
>>94909297

why are you talking to yourself?
>>
>>94908452
I thought that really did happen. Is it lost?
>>
>>94909342
Are you a cretin?
>>94909331
I don't think I wanna know anymore about him. Try hard, and a pretty shitty writer to boot.
>>
>>94909371
>Try hard, and a pretty shitty writer to boot.
His prose was mostly really weak, but he did come up with some interesting ideas.

A race of aliens that escapes death by switching souls with other civilizations in the future when their own world is close to ending.

A series of world wide cults devoted to the worship of ancient aliens that are sleeping in secret vaults across the earth waiting for the time to wake up again.

A really creepy story about a meteor that crashes into a small farm out in the middle of nowhere and slowly begins to poison the land around it with a mysterious alien disease.

A man buying his families old ancestral home and discovering that he is descended from insane cannibals that had bred peasants into food animals in their basement.

You don't have to personally like someone to see value in some of their creations. I'm a huge fan of the Conan the barbarian stories and I think Howard was a pretty good writer, but we would have mutually hated each other since he was a racist piece of shit and I'm one of those mongrel half breeds that he was always ranting about.
>>
>>94907407
THIS
>>
I just want a book that is every Ant-Man wearing their different suits trying to steal something tiny. Just watching them bicker as they sneak around.
>>
>>94908517
Is this made by the same guy who made Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Smash Bros. as crime novels front pages?
>>
>>94907374
Someone give good Lovecraft please. I didn't really like call of cthulu
>>
>>94909508
>You don't have to personally like someone to see value in some of their creations.
The sheer hypocrisy of someone from /co/ espousing Death of the Author is fucking disgusting. Not at all surprising, mind, just disgusting.
>>
>>94907374
A Team Fortress 2 animated series. That ship has sailed by now though I think. A few years ago it could have been possible, not really now.
>>
>>94909872
Try "The Colour Out of Space" maybe or "The Shadow Out of Time".

>>94909880
/co/ isn't a hivemind and I'm not one of those faggots who posts screencaps of someones twitter and shrieks about politics all day.

Entertainers provide entertainment, that's what they do. I don't give a fuck about them in their off time.
>>
>>94909508
I feel like people bitching about author wrongthink need to do more reading on authors. They're an eccentric breed at best because until very recently they never had to be sanitized for the public; you could have a nerd fight over the merits of eugenics because it wouldn't cost anything in book sales because of course sci-fi authors have weird opinions they vigorously debate.

Also I think it's kind of dangerous to go, "I dislike these thoughts so I shall not read them.".

Like if you don't like Lovecraft, fine, but if anything his impact on popular culture shows that someone with a fucked up attitude's ideas can still have a lot of value in cultural consciousness. Same with Howard, really, the effect he had on pulp literature or whatever the fuck we're calling it now far outweighs his shitty personal opinions.
>>
>>94908517
I doubt they would even be in the same weight class.
>>
>>94907374
>>
>>94909508
Oh man I fucking LOVE me some R. E Howard! He was a poor, deluded guy with mother-smother love, still doesn't ameliorate his racist tendencies. I remember reading the collection that starts with The Thing In The Crypt when I was 9 or so, blew me away, actually got me into collecting the Savage sword of Conan mag, when Ernie Chan had that long-ass run on it. Ahh, good times.
>>
>>94910820
I actually started with his Solomon Kane stuff - I'd known that he had created Conan but the first Howard stories I'd read were Kane.

Solomon Kane rules.
>>
>>94909082
so you haven't read lovecraft then
he actually does go in depth on the details of his races. its mostly for big gods that he says their form is beyond human understanding, its to emphasize how other worldy and above us they are. but honestly his best stories are the ones that don't directly involve the cuthlus mythos and its pantheon of alien gods, they are just the ones that get the most attention.
>>
>>94910872
One of the most terrifying comics I ever read was a Solomon Kane back-up in SSOC. I remember I was staying with my cousins in London for UKCAC '91, bought the comic there and completely beshitted myself...it's a cheesey trope now but one I hadn't encountered then, I'd love to find it for nostalgia's sake
>>
>>94908517
I would pay so much for this
>>
>tfw I've always wanted to read Lovecraft's works but never really have outside of Call of Cthulhu
I think I'm going to take the plunge soon and start reading his stuff, even though he was a racist piece of shit.
>>
>>94912942
he got over his racism later in life, and dismissed those views he used to hold as the ignorant beliefs of a sheltered manchild
>>
>>94907374
How many of the monsters here were metaphors for black people?
>>
>>94913043
How true is this? I haven't ever heard much about it.
>>
File: Tintin.png (249KB, 509x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tintin.png
249KB, 509x720px
>>94909925
If you want to read something that isn't excactly generic "Lovecraftian" you may want to touch on the Dream Cycle.
Also read the short stories where he collaborated with other authors. They don't suffer from many flaws Lovecraft's writing sometimes has.
>>
>>94913082
The Ape Wife was the biggest one. Nyarlathotep's avatar was pointedly described as Egyptian in appearance.
>>
>>94913082
>>94913353
Am I the only one uncomfortable with "Shub-Niggurath"?
>>
>>94913392
>Shub-Niggurath
>Black Goat of the woods with a thousand young
I bet they all have different fathers and are leaching off welfare on my dime!
>>
Lovecraft is pre 2010's jojo's. Every edgy kid wanted everything to crossover with it, it was horrible
>>
>>94913482
Yeah, shit like this just makes me wonder.
>>
>>94913482
>looks nothing like a goat

I get it. Goat=Satan, but he could have at least given it real horns.
>>
File: 77wander_logo.jpg (57KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
77wander_logo.jpg
57KB, 800x450px
Season 3 of Wander over Yonder.
>>
>>94909814
nope, this one is by Stephen Andrade

those Nintendo crime novel covers were by Ástor Alexander
>>
File: hater and peepers.png (137KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
hater and peepers.png
137KB, 500x287px
>>94907374
third season
>>
>>94909331
>This dude was hilariously try hard.
Oh, the irony
>>
>>94913296
>They don't suffer from many flaws Lovecraft's writing sometimes has.
Funny you should say that because pretty much all of them were entirely written by Lovecraft, with the other "authors" merely providing a plot and sometimes even less than that.
>>
You would have watched this
>>
>>94913296
Anyone read the recent herge bio comic?
>>
>>94907374
A full Amazing Screw-On Head series.
>>
File: beholdAnOrdinaryMotorist.jpg (125KB, 680x762px) Image search: [Google]
beholdAnOrdinaryMotorist.jpg
125KB, 680x762px
>>94917540
Atomic Robo animated series, especially in the style of the 90s Tick series.
>>
>>94915835
Honestly surprised the closest thing we got is that Samus-less Metroid episode of Captain N. Surprised that it's all we got for a lot of super-popular video games from the NES. At a time when they were making cartoons about literally fucking everything, no matter how retarded the concept, they didn't think of making one about Samus, a bad-ass bombshell alien bounty hunter? Beats the hell out of trying to adapt "Aliens" for little kids, that's for sure.
>>
>>94909371
Shitty writer? Can you not read, moron? This literally cannot be applied to him
>>
>>94918804
Oh fucking hell the Cult of Lovecraft rears it's ugly head again....
>>
>>94909269
>>94909331
I do like that he made an effort to create aliens that were genuinely alien and not just funny looking humans. He was a complete racist asshole, however, and his writing was...well, not the best.

>>94909082
>>YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY COMPREHEND THE TRUE FORM OF G'TAG HAZUROC!!! IT WILL DRIVE YOU MAD MERELY FROM GAZING INTO ITS FACE!!!!! NONE CAN EVEN HOPE TO SLOW ITS DESCENT UPON THIS TINY INSIGNIFICANT WORLD!!!!!!!! THE OCEAN IS REALLY SCARY GUISE!!!!!!!!! ALSO JEWS. AND BLACKS. AHBLOOOGHGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what Lovecraft story is this from?
>>
File: steven kirby.png (112KB, 1728x1716px) Image search: [Google]
steven kirby.png
112KB, 1728x1716px
steven universe and kirby crossover

A MAN CAN DREAM
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.