[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defenders Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Pros:
>Sigourney Weaver was great
>How the Defenders came together was great
>Decent action
>Great banter and drama between the four

Cons:
>Danny Bland
>Ninjas go from immortal to bulletproof between scenes
>Luke Cage's power levels significantly reduced
>All supporting cast gets cooped into a police station to reassure each other they're getting paid for sitting and waiting
>No Punisher despite tease in Featurette

Also what was meant to be behind the wall in Midland Circle? The Substance? If it was the Substance why didn't they harvest it and go? They teleported 30 henchmen in there and couldn't even get anything done.
>>
>>94905330
Literally all your pros are wrong.

Weaver was horrible and did nothing. Her motivation is that she's old and she let us know she was old as if the audience was 8 years old.

The way they came together was nothing special. It all revolved around a non-existent mystery.

The action was slightly better than what we saw in Iron Fist, but it hardly came close to the greatness we saw in most Daredevil episodes. Elektra is supposed to be this amazing weapon, the key to The Hand's complete victory. She got taken out by a car. Way too much of this show revolved around barely visible, tightly framed fight scenes.

The banter was barely there. I kept waiting for Luke to bring some lightheartedness to Danny and it never happened. Jessica just came off as annoying from scoffing at pretty much everything.

This show was really bad.
>>
I may need to rewatch it again but what was The Hand's ultimate plan? Like did they just decide to switch gears because they became aware of the Iron Fist on Earth? Or was their whole plan always to just wait for him to show up so they could get to the Shao Lao bones? I mean, they were already digging the whole during Daredevil so I don't see why else they would be doing that if they know that he was the key.
>>
>>94905702
The Hands ultimate purpose is towards immortality and such. I'm guessing the way that works is through this Lazarus pit like thing called the Substance which I'm guessing is harvested through the bones of Shao Lao.

They just honestly needed to get those bones out of that magic wall but it's also very confusing because Madame Gao and the other members of the Hand wanted to return to KunLun instead of world domination and such. It also made it sound like once they secured the bones they could essentially leave New York alone.
>>
>>94905330

?
Nobody could touch him except electra and the leaders of the hand. I feel like Danny got worse even mooks could give him trouble. Jessica got a better too compared to her getting fucked up by regular people and security in her show.
>>
>>94906025
>>94905702
I'm guessing its just general dragon bones rather than Shao Lao's specifically.
Otherwise, the five fingers and Elektra wouldn't be alive.
Also are we sure that was Shao Lao and not just a dragon? Wtf was it doing in New York?
>>
>>94905330
c'mon, he had to get nerfed to work with the others

>All supporting cast gets cooped into a police station to reassure each other they're getting paid for sitting and waiting
tying loose ends and they're not all supportive but secondary. Foggy and Claire deliver tho.

I don't see what the problem with hax ninjas.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.