[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hanna Barbera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 389966-hanna-barbera.jpg (205KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
389966-hanna-barbera.jpg
205KB, 800x572px
What's /co/'s honest thoughts on Hanna Barbera?
>>
>>94905172
Truthfully, I've never gotten around to seriously watching the vast majority of their early stuff, but I don't think I'm missing much. The only stuff they made that I really care for as the shows themselves and not just pieces of history are the couple of Cartoon Cartoons like Dexter and PPG that were technically made in-house at HB, but I usually attribute all those more to Genndy and the rest of the late-90s CN crew than anyone else.
>>
Ups and downs.

They're historically important for many, many reasons. The Flintstones alone set prime time precedents and was an influence on TV animation since forever, Scooby Doo has proven itself timeless and in essence they made some damned good television cartoons for nearly 50 years before they integrated with Warner Bros and CN. Even the charming Rocky and Bullwinkle and most other TV fair prior to the 80s looks cheap and weak comparatively.

Alex Toth's artwork and designs were vividly brought to life in the 60s and while pretty much literally everything they've ever done is episodic, it *does* make it easier to just pick up and watch.

However, nearly all of their cartoon shorts have become kinda forgettable and dated compared to Looney Tunes timelessness (Tom and Jerry notwithstanding) and they spent the entirety of the 70s ripping themselves off with countless Scooby Doo clones and during it and the 80s they made a ton of flops with the exception of getting to make Smurf cartoons. The late 90s did nothing but mock their legacies in late night stoner shows (and since Venture Brothers is still a thing, it's still going on)

While I feel all the good they did outweighs the bad, the sheer volume of work HB completed means you have to sift through alot of grit to get the gold.
>>
>>94906158
Also, nearly every single celebrity cartoon they made (with the exception of many Scooby Doo Movie eps) was pretty much a garbage cash in. Somebody prove me otherwise.
>>
File: Space Ghost and his homies.jpg (103KB, 656x799px) Image search: [Google]
Space Ghost and his homies.jpg
103KB, 656x799px
Where the fuck are the super heroes in OP?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.