[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a simple question, outside of merchandise and shit why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Teen Titans GO.jpg (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Teen Titans GO.jpg
199KB, 1920x1080px
I have a simple question, outside of merchandise and shit why is TTG about the Teen Titans?

Its clearly not because it wants to be for the fans of the original cartoon, and any kids that are in its age demographic were likely too young to have never been able to watch the old cartoon in its hayday.

The cartoon doesnt really play off their personalities enough to justify it, it just kinda uses the most surface level aspects of them, you could easily have a bunch of other DC characters and you wouldnt have to change much in terms of character interaction, powers and stuff.

Im just asking cause it just overall seems pointless. Maybe Im wrong, and if I am I'd like to see shown why.
>>
>>94898013
In 2013, when it first came out, some of the kids watching might have been old enough to have been babies when the original was on TV. Maybe they would have vague memories, but still enough memories for it to be familiar? Or DC just wanted to bait a few diehard fans into thinking it was a follow-up to get a few extra bucks.
>>
>>94898013

>play off their personalties

They do

But in a very childish manner
>>
>>94898273
This, if CN showing Apprentice, Masks and Trouble In Tokyo often wasn't proof enough, TT Robin had some mental issues.

Beast Boy was always dumb as hell, Cyborg was always an earnest culture vulture, the female characters are changed a bit but they're still rooted in the jokes about "the nice-but-weird one" and "the hot-but-bitchy one"
>>
I can't fathom how you don't understand this, OP:
>Characters that already exist and have go-to designs and backstories
>Main cast is varied and colorful, but young and interesting for the intended audience
>Exists in a popular comic book universe

It's the same way Adult Swim's early content like Harvey Birdman and Sea Lab got made--they just took something that existent and made gaffs and had laughs. It's cheap and approachable by even normies.
>>
Your whole point of "But no one would remember the old show or even the original characters" only does more the benefit the writers of this show, who can take liberties with the characters because their viewerbase won't stop watching over it.
>>
Because TTG was spun off the DC Nation Teen Titans shorts. Those were actually good and well-liked
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.