[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Action Cartoons & Art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: voltron-legendary-defender[1].png (966KB, 1439x741px) Image search: [Google]
voltron-legendary-defender[1].png
966KB, 1439x741px
Are we happy with the resurgence of action cartoons? Korra, Young Justice and Voltron: Legendary Defenders are all pretty great, and they all have amazing artwork.

Even if you don't like them, you can't deny the amount of detail and effort going into these projects is miles ahead of where the genre was around 2006-2009.

What projects do you hope to see soon? Do you think it's smart to embrace the Eastern, highly-detailed style of animation? What do you wish the genre was doing differently?
>>
I think if Voltron and YJ can keep being consistently good then it'll push studios to follow suit. We need more Young Justice and less Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
>>
>>94896600
Voltron has been a great first step and I hope we get more like it
>>
Why are you so obsessed with action cartoons?
>>
>>94897256
Woah woah woah. Slow the fuck down there, fampai. EMH had way more quality episodes to it's name than YJ ever did. At least before Loeb decided to murder it in cold blood.

You forget that S1 of YJ was mostly atrocious.
>>
>>94897297
One post is not an obsession, but it's my favorite genre of cartoon.
>>
>>94897309
>You forget that S1 of YJ was mostly atrocious.

FunnyJoke.webm
>>
>>94897309
I won't argue that EMH wasn't fucking great, but I'm saying we need less examples of studios giving up, and more examples of studios letting a show tell the story it wants to.

EMH was great. I'd love to see it come back in the same way YJ will. Avengers Assemble is awful.
>>
Don't forget them adolescent aberration assassin terrapins.
>>
>>94898463
The 2003 TMNT series is vastly superior to any cartoon or movie we've gotten after it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.