[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sluggy freelance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 0.gif (74KB, 750x303px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
74KB, 750x303px
Sluggy Freelance is 20 years old now. It's a comic I started following in 2001 and never stopped. One of the earliest webcomics, some of the jokes show their age, but the plot never stopped from interresting me.

T's about to get through a massive overhaul, in format and elivery initially planned to happens, at the time of the birthday, but true to hismelf, pete is behind schedule again.

Anyway, I am glad the Oasis plot is about to get a resolution.
>>
File: 0.gif (127KB, 750x295px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
127KB, 750x295px
>>
File: 0.gif (195KB, 750x283px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
195KB, 750x283px
>>
>>94889899
>20 years old
That can't be right it's only been...
>1997
Fucking hell. I read the shit out of it from 2001 to about...2009.
>>
>>94890169
So, about the time Oasis almost killed everyone and Torg started to be an henchman for Minion Master.

It's true it as a bit weak and it took Riff to sort out he 4U situation he was stuck in in a parallel dimension for things to pick up.
>>
>>94890226
I remember thinking I should catch up earlier this year, I thought "well the last thing I remember is minion master and 4U City so there shouldn't be too much" and when I went to the site my jaw just dropped. where has the time gone?
>>
>>94890294
The thing is, Pete intend to change the format of delivery, as he can't keep a day to day update schedule any more without killing himself. I suppose he will now update by big bulks every weeks.

For a while, I have pondered making a story time here, of the whole 20 years of archive (especially as he is going to reclean and repost better scan of the old comic), but I don't have much time for that now. I wonder how long it would take?
>>
>>94889899
Didn't expect Aylee to turn agaisnt her like that.
>>
>>94889899
>Sluggy Freelance is 20 years old now

Well damn, I feel old now. I hope Pete is doing OK, I haven't seen him in ages. Why doesn't he come to cons anymore?
>>
>>94890679
People are doing run throughs of every single Punisher comic since the 80s, so I don't see an issue with doing that with a massively important webcomic.
>>
>>94892533
Isn't he always late because he has to deal with cons?
>>
>>94893015
I dunno, I just know I don't see him at NY/NJ area cons any more :(
>>
Remember when this comic used to be updated 7 day a week with a big colored strip on Sunday?

Quite the amount of webcomic used to do that, when internet really started to become a thing.

But after 5 years he couldn't do it anymore. and many other artists stopped that too. Is there a natural limit after which you can't maintain this level of production?

To this day, of the old guard, I only know Howard Tayler and David Willis who still maintain this high amount of production.
>>
>>94889899
I remember binging this when I was in highschool. Fun times.
>>
>>94889915
They stopped being nifty years ago...

now it just kinda is...
>>
>>94895057
what?

And since the end of 4U, I find it nifty again.
>>
>>94889905
I was hoping there would be a flash music video for the 20th anniversary.
>>
huh awful
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.