[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Suicide Squad any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

Is Suicide Squad any good?
>>
>>94886690
The Ostrander-Yale run is.

Oh wait, you're talking about some shitty movie that isn't even on-topic with this board. Fuck off.
>>
>>94886708
It has super heroes. It is relevant to /co/!
>>
>>94886690
Good time as ever to ask, where the heck are all these captioned memes coming from? You know, the ones with any old picture and there's some teenagers irrelevant comment saying something 'me irl' or 'same' right below it?
>>
>>94886690
It's enjoyable but not made well.
>>
>>94886708
>isn't even on-topic with this board
Yikes.
>>
Honestly one of the worst big budget movies I have ever seen. It's almost a textbook example for all the things you can do wrong when making an action movie.
>>
>>94886690
You mean the movie or book? The movie is a goddamn mess if you ask me. Souless, by the numbers, and missing the point entirely with the concept/characters. Current SS books aint great, read Ostrander
>>
It's awful.

And I loved MoS and BvS UE
>>
>>94886738
Replying 'same' to increasingly absurd or unrepeatable situations is a Tumblr meme that spread to Facebook, while 'me irl' came from 4chan
>>
So Ostrander run and no film?
>>
>>94886708
/co/ adaptations are, sadly, on-topic. Sometimes I wish they weren't, but they are.
>>
>>94886690
The plot is generic early 2000's superhero movie.
The effects and visuals are decent, not really that impressive enough to recommend for the spectacle.

The editing is one of the worst for a big budget Hollywood movie if not the absolute worst. They made so many bad decisions that you'd have to redo the movie from the ground up to make it work.
They also had reshoots that likely contributed to what a mess it was.

If you can fap to that version of Harley, or just wanted to see a live action version of Katana regardless of whether she ever actually does anything or not, then its a plus. But the movie isn't worth the time it takes to watch it.
>>
>>94887932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I&t=2s

Just watch this video.
>>
>>94886690
Eh, it's ok. Would have been better with less editorial fuckery.
>>
>>94887946
>shitting on grannys peach tea
That was one of the few good things about that fucking film.
>>
>>94886690 (OP)
Ok, so:
The movie is terrible. Don't watch it.

If you want a good Suicide Squad movie, I recommend Batman: Assault on Arkham animated movie - it's a crime/heist movie with supervillains, and it's pretty amazing. It's set in continuity of Arkham games, and finishes the Suicide Squad plot thread from Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate. You can find it on kimcartoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EuwFw-7ke0

Regarding comics, original Ostrander's run from 1980's is great and a true classic, this is the kind of comic everyone should read - it's basically a Cold War spy fiction story.
New52 run is decent, I guess. It's an okay book, but it's just the same action-adventure as any other superhero book, just with slightly more deaths.
I haven't read the Giffen's run from 2000s, nor the Rebirth run, so I can't offer opinions on them.
>>
>>94888133
Too bad it was REALLY out of place in the film it was in.
>>
>>94886723
/co/ = Comics and cartoons
/co/ =/= Capeshit and cartoons

Superhero comics are fine, superhero movies belong on /tv/.
>>
>>94888249
Not the official position of the rules and mods, no matter how hard you cry about it.
>>
>>94886738
Facebook pages that post this stuff as well as 'comic facts and trivia'.
>>
>>94888249
Oh, yeah. Superhero movies definitely belong on /tv/. Hancock, Super, Defendor, Darkman - oh waaait, you mean COMIC BOOK superhero movies? Then, not really, comic adaptations are /co/. That can potentially include even comic vidya since I saw some threads occasionally.
>>
>>94888199
It was not out of place, it was not fucking meant to be a gag
>>
>>94887545
Yes. Post Ostrander/Yale is just a long slow trainwreck.
>>
>>94888301
>>94888264
My issue with comicbook movies constantly showing up here is that the people who make them usually also start the same thread on /tv/. If a movie or video game is brought up here at least try to relate it to the comic books rather than only talking about the films.
>>
File: 1503601982525.jpg (195KB, 1241x910px) Image search: [Google]
1503601982525.jpg
195KB, 1241x910px
>>94886690
You know full well it isn't, but since this is a DCEU thread, are we going to talk about this? The fake news smear campaign has been 100% confirmed again
>>
>>94888395
Well more importantly will it be before or after Flashpoint, thus what version of DCEU is it and everything else? Weren't they recasting Joker for his own film? Also why would they make a Joker centered film? Isn't the point that he's supposed to be Bats's antagonist for the most part?
>>
>>94888668
Flashpoint won't be a reboot. They aren't recasting the Joker except for that elseworld shit that's not confirmed. The joker centered movie is not confirmed (more fake news most likely). Leto confirmed he's going to keep on being the joker
>>
>>94886690
The movie was a dumpster fire
>>
>>94886690
If you're seriously asking that question, then you're a goddamn retard.
Shit's no better than the fucking Daredevil movie.
>>
>>94886690
> It is the worst big budget movies I have ever seen. Tven worse than BvS, 007 Spector etc.
>>
>>94888668
>recasting joker
But why? the squad joker was fucking fine
>>
File: The new Joker.jpg (217KB, 818x598px) Image search: [Google]
The new Joker.jpg
217KB, 818x598px
>>94890031
no
>>
>>94886690
It follows the exact same formula as every Marvel movie but instead of being marketed and focus tested to hell so that the whole family can enjoy it, Suicide Squad was just made for the edgy teenagers who don't realize Harley Quinn, Joker, and Will Smith are cringy yet.
>>
>>94887932
>The effects and visuals are decent
The effects were confusing.
I thought Enchantress' husband can melt things by touching it, because of way he crushed those pillars.
>>
>i know the meme is DC
God I hate ''""memers''''.
>>
So, all DC movies since 1989 were bad, except maybe the Nolan trilogy, I mean I appreciate the artistic effort, it's just that I'm not really fond of all that realistic approach.
But is it true that the Wonder Woman movie is good? I missed it and I don't anticipate anything from the DC cinematic universe anymore after Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman.
>>
>>94890190
Can't meme the memers, boi.
>>
>>94890224
Apparently WW got pretty good reviews but it's funny, after the movie came out I didn't see anyone genuinely talking about the movie or what they liked about it.
>>
>>94890224
It's ok. Definitely overhyped by the masses so don't go in expecting the greatest superhero movie ever though.

If you didn't like MoS and BvS, chances are you'll enjoy this. It's entertaining while not pretending to be anything deep, pretty similar to MCU origin movies.
>>
>>94890031
I lie.
The damaged tattoo was too far.
>>
>>94889063
who are you quoting?
>>
>>94889063
007 Spectre isn't even that much of a wreckage in comparison with BvS and MoS.
>>
No. Not even a little.
>>
I thought it was good.
>>
>>94886708
I wonder what its like to be willfully retarded.

Please, anon. Educate us on your disease.
>>
>>94887064
>tumblr meme

Its an old ass SA meme you newfag
>>
>fake news get proven fake
>G-GUYS REMEMBER SUICIDE SKWAD??
Never change bros, I feel that oscar coming. 2022 will be the year
>>
it's a pleab filter.
>>
>>94887946
fuck the film, but fuck this guy harder
>>
>>94891472
That hipster nerd looks like he is a sort of guy who would enjoy that.
>>
people here are to hard on the film, its not fantastic and its clear to see all the studio interference in the final cut. That said it gets its characters more spot on then nearly any cape shit film I've seen in a long time and the costume design and overall art direction in the piece is great

It's basically a small bit of gold in a bucket of stale turds, 5/10 at best tbqhwy
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.