[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tropes we love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 16

File: righton.jpg (11KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
righton.jpg
11KB, 350x263px
>mystery story
>the irritable, jumpy guy impeding the investigation / being uncooperative is innocent, but misguided
>the incredibly helpful and nice guy who gives the cops all the info and clues they could handle is the backstabbing culprit
>>
>the villain team have a bond of friendship just as if not stronger than the hero team.
>>
>Bumbling character trips and accidently does something impressive
>Villains think it was on purpose and the character is just hiding their true power
>>
>Villain has standards and a "moral code" and will refuse to perform certain acts
>Villain respects the hero and is the first to get upset if the hero does something unheroic
>>
>Halloween episode where all characters get dressed up in funny costumes/cultural references.
>>
>character is forced to choose between doing what is smart and doing what is right
>they do what is right with no hesitation
>>
File: D.jpg (18KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
D.jpg
18KB, 251x251px
>all the characters from the whole show come together to help the protagonist fight against the final boss
>>
>Character has the option to make a choice that will help them and hurt others.
>Nobody will ever know if they do it
>They're tempted, but ultimately decide to do the right thing
>>
>Mysterious character is hidden in the shadows/off-screen/something along those lines
>Says a familiar phrase that reveals they're a character who hasn't been seen in a long time.
>>
>Character a saves character b
>Shortly after, character b saves character a
>>
>Two characters are having a conservation
>Third character gets into a fight with something in the background and eventually defeats/kills it.
>>
>Throws uncombustible item off screen.
>Loud explosion noise is heard.
>>
>character a and character b are best friends
>character a gets a girlfriend / job opportunity / etc
>this causes a rift in their friendship
>hurtful words make the situation worse to the point that it looks like they hate each other now
>character a is later in trouble
>character b appears from nowhere and saves his friend
>>
>character A is friends with character B
>B is way more popular and cooler than A yet they remain friends anyway and B gets protective when it looks like A is being picked on
>A becomes way cooler/more successful/etc. than B later on
>B is happy for his friend's success rather than being jealous and they remain great friends
>>
>>94885785
examples?
>>
>>94886642

Always gets a laugh out of me.
>>
New The Tick in like two hours on Amazon Prime
>>
>Comedic and bumbling character are much more powerful and competent than whole heroes crew combined
> "Now you gonna say..." moments
> Villian doesn't get a hero seriously until they can hurt him. After that, it's a world of pain for a hero.
> Training montage. Yes, seriously.
>>
>villain gets hit
>the hit hurts
>spazzes the fuck out because they're not used to being hurt and sees the fact that the hero managed to hurt them as an insult worthy of a painful death
>>
File: raoh.jpg (51KB, 544x422px) Image search: [Google]
raoh.jpg
51KB, 544x422px
>>94886292
>Villain has standards and a "moral code" and will refuse to perform certain acts
This seems to be more of an /a/ trope, unfortunately.
>>
>>94886642
Mastershake was too good for this world.
Also
>something blows up
>car tire outta nowhere.
>>
>>94885785
>henchmen have a personal relationship with supervillains
>just hang out and bullshit with eachother becomes more enjoyable than arching
>>
>>94886519
This is why I love Silver Age World's Finest.
>>
>hero and villain lose reasons to fight eachother throughout the course of a story
>one last fight between them because "deed must be done"
>>
>Timetravel that is complicaded but can be trased down
>>
File: 1466796878896.jpg (525KB, 806x952px) Image search: [Google]
1466796878896.jpg
525KB, 806x952px
>>94886219
>>
>"It's just you and me, X!"
>"No. It's just me."
Any time a popular line gets shut down or reversed.
>>
>>94887661
My absolute favorite moment in all of One Piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NEBD4WDuBo
>>
>Villain thinks hero is finally dead for real
>Find life without hero incredibly dull and falls into depression/existential crisis
>>
>Sacrificing oneself and going out in a blaze of glory
Otherwise known as
>Standing alone at Gjallerbru
>>
File: ORE NO KAMEN WA BOROBORO DA.jpg (18KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ORE NO KAMEN WA BOROBORO DA.jpg
18KB, 640x360px
>>94889476
>Hero sacrifices himself in a blaze of glory
>lol nope he's saved off-screen XD
Fucking hate that
>>
File: heavymetal2.jpg (306KB, 656x800px) Image search: [Google]
heavymetal2.jpg
306KB, 656x800px
> Late 80s-early 90s inspired action girl before feminism mutilated her into Captain Butch
>>
>>94888456
Examples?
>>
>>94889520
I don't care for most fakeout death tropes
>>
File: 3.png (454KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
454KB, 640x428px
>Lonely/Lone Wolf Protaginist
>He sits down to watch tv or a movie by himself for the 100th time
>Hears doorbell ring
>All his friends surpise him and walk in talking and making jokes
>They all watch the game/show/movie together
>>
>>94892240
This is cute,
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>94889454
>>
>>94892240
Holy shit, I've never seen this done, but I can imagine it and it's so great.
>>
>>94886292
>>
>Protagonist goes nuclear
>dispassionately and surgically tears his way through a boss rush of every major foe he's gone up against until that's point

Fucking Katanagatari, man
>>
File: Ex-Aid is a bully.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ex-Aid is a bully.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>94895355
>Protagonist has had enough of villain's shit and stops holding back
>Completely fucking curbstomps them to the point where the villain starts being genuinely afraid of the protagonist
>>
>>94895355
>Character misinterprets a saying and makes it their catchphrase
>Everyone else knows it's wrong, even the country bumpkin, the dude who grew up in isolation, and the idiot
>Nobody decides to tell them
>>
File: 1503670940300.jpg (14KB, 480x475px) Image search: [Google]
1503670940300.jpg
14KB, 480x475px
>Show's main villain is shitty at their job but legitimately takes pleasure in being the villain to the shows main hero
>New, stronger villain shows up
>They effective, cunning, and ruthless
>Original villain fights them off because "thats their hero"

Venture Bros does this amazingly, but some other show do it as well. I'll lump Megamind in there too, similar enough premise.
>>
>>94888144
Go away Terry Pratchett. You're supposed to be dead.
>>
>>94886642
>Breaks screeching
>Glass shattering
>Cat hissing
>>
>>94889418
>"I'm a survivor, we're a dying breed."
>>
File: 1500165602448.png (281KB, 371x532px) Image search: [Google]
1500165602448.png
281KB, 371x532px
>Silly and eccentric dad that is actually competent instead of just being a dumb idiot comic relief character
>>
>The Struggler
>That unbreakable motherfucker who keeps fighting through suffering to reach what he desires without complaint
>>
File: 1403424910986.jpg (85KB, 570x420px) Image search: [Google]
1403424910986.jpg
85KB, 570x420px
>>94895823
know any examples?
>>
>>94895877
Bob Belcher?
>>
>>94895877
You just posted him.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-03-14-21h11m36s13.png (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-03-14-21h11m36s13.png
214KB, 1280x720px
>>94885785
>In a world filled with super science and magic.
>The biggest threat to the main party, the main character, protagonist, and the world was just an average person (No powers, not rich, not hyper intelligent) who is background character tier, with the a strong will to see their plan through even if they fail.

I love this fucking trope hard.
>>
>>94896055
Well to be fair, in the SamFlam universe, meme magic is real, saying Samurai Flamenco a certain way leads to the universe bending to your will, and Sawada had been saying it a whole lot, so him being a legit threat is believable.
>>
>>94886510
Example?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.