[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain this? Why did they change her race and aesthetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 532
Thread images: 60

File: literally why.jpg (136KB, 1190x595px) Image search: [Google]
literally why.jpg
136KB, 1190x595px
Can anyone explain this? Why did they change her race and aesthetics when it would redefine and alter the original charm of her character? Not only that, Hollywood would not just make her look worse, but also write her worse, since they don't even know how to write an interesting black woman.
>>
Is that meant to be paint or vitiligo?
>>
>>94880320
If the original "charm" of the character is solely in their aesthetic, then they wrre garbage to begin with.

I mean, I was under the assumption that folks (allegedly) like Domino because she's a capricious, morally ambiguous mercenary who impishly manipulates probability. Guess not, if all her "fans" care about is her skin color.
I mean, I haven't read anything with her in it, but she seemed kind of interesting. Clearly she's boring as fuck and only good for fapbait.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
Because nasally inclined producers deem it so.
>>
>>94880536
Clearly you're right, now we can cast Lieutenant Uhura as a white lady in the next Star Trek, since her race clearly doesn't matter
>>
>>94880536
>I haven't read anything with her in it
you're no better than OP, go back to cartoon threads and stay back to cartoon threads
>>
>>94880557

BLACK

WASH

EVERYTHING
>>
>>94880320
where is white now is black and vice-versa? Why her hair is not white?
>>
>>94880320
Because it is the current year.
>>
File: 2017-08-20 13.19.54.jpg (250KB, 1024x863px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-20 13.19.54.jpg
250KB, 1024x863px
How long till this happens in comic books?
>>
>>94880320
Blaxploitation.
>>
Because Hidden Figures was a hit and now Hollywood thinks black women are the future.
>>
>>94880320
I bet that will be vitiligo instead of white paint.
>>
The producers are confirmed retarded. They didn't even listen to the crews warning about the motorcycle driver.
>>
>>94880652
>tits in marvel comics
never
>>
>>94880320

WUZ DOMINZ NOWZ
>>
>>94880355
Michael Jackson Disease.
>>94880320
probably because they wanted the feature the actress and studio sees more value in her and wants to get expose in a big movie, than accurately 1:1 portrait of the character.
>>
>>94880581
Really, you're trying to pull that tired ass argument for the hundredth time? Please, fact of the matter is, whites very much ARE disproportionally represented in media, so yes, there is currently an active effort to include more non-white characters in things. And in Domino's case, no, her race isn't important. At all.

Let me remind you real quick of the 2011 Wonder Woman pilot. One of the many many reasons it was a godawful piece of shit is because it changed important aspects of two characters. 1) They made Etta Candy skinny, and 2) they made Veronica Cale British instead of Texan. Those otherwise superficial traits actually are very important to those characters, and inform who they are as people.

Does Domino's ethnicity, gender, or physical appearance inform who she is? No? Then it's not an issue.
>>
>>94880320
1. To score diversity points among retarded lefties.

2. To create more buzz about the movie, implying being the sequel to the highest grossing R-rated movie of all time was somehow not enough.

A woman died for that.
>>
>>94880844
>disproportionally represented
No, they're not. Most of America is white. NOT having them be the majority in every form of fiction we produce would be disproportionate.
>>
>>94880320
They should've cast an almost #000000 black actress with a #ffffff white spot on her face to recemble a real domino stone.

Now it's just some foxxy lightnigger.
>>
>>94880320
i can't get over the hairy armpits. just fucking gross.
>>
>>94881056
>if the majority of characters in media are not white just like me I'm going to have an aneurism

Holy shit stop watching movies/television please.
>>
>>94881056
>Most of America is white
Even if that's true, not ALL of it is.

And even then, what does it fucking matter that not every piece of media is white as fuck? What is the harm in that? Besides agitating your severe autism, that is.
>>
>>94880844
God forbid people watching adaptations of an extremely visual medium want those visuals to be represented.
Nuts, right?

Besides which, if they had actually made her look like the character - paint her skin, give her a costume that resembles the character - then people wouldn't be complaining.

Instead they did none of that. It was unwise and they deserve the complaints.
>>
>>94881279
It was someone else that brought up proportionality. He was simply saying they were wrong. And he's correct.
>>
it was all a plan to kill that stunt woman
>>
>>94881334
I'm on both sides. On one side they have the resources to make it accurate but on the other hand Colossus and Deadwood were the only comic accurate characters in the movie.
>>
File: DominoandDeadpool.jpg (67KB, 634x588px) Image search: [Google]
DominoandDeadpool.jpg
67KB, 634x588px
Nice body
>>
>>94881334
I don't get giddy and overjoyed when I see another typical Asian being another typical tech guy in every movie ever. I don't piss my pants in enjoyment when I see Asian commando operators either, because it doesn't matter, what matters are aesthetics and characterization. But hollywood can't distinguish the difference between a character trait and race.
>>
File: 1501899169030.png (99KB, 540x543px) Image search: [Google]
1501899169030.png
99KB, 540x543px
>>94880320
Reminder: This thread, and all threads like it, are wastes of time that thrive on dumb arguments. Better to spend your time on character discussions than on the millionth culture war trolling.>>94880536
>>94880844
>>94881334
>>
>>94881398
I hear you, but this isn't just a typical random tech guy or some spec ops dude-bro in an action flick. Its a character that already has a pre-existing following and pre-existing expectations.

To have them say "Hey, we're bringing Domino to the big screen!" only to have it followed months later with: "Only she's not going to have any of her extremely distinguishing physical characteristics, or her identifiable costume, or colour scheme, which ties into why she's called Domino. But hey, woo, still same character right?!"
Its obviously disappointing and for reasons that are pretty understandable.
If they weren't going to adapt Domino then they shouldn't have used her. Its not like the General Audience give a fuck about Domino so she's not putting asses in seats. By using her and then screwing up the entire physicality of the character all they do is piss off nerds. There's no benefit.
>>
>>94881380
Its disappointing specifically because Deadpool and Colossus looked so good though. I think everyone was hoping - not without cause - that they'd have enough respect for the material to give Domino the same treatment.
>>
>>94881506
yeah, it's not a movie killer, but it's big enough red flag, that I'm just not going to watch it and risk getting angry about whatever else they ruin. The first movie might've been a fluke
>>
>>94880320
It doesn't matter
>>
>>94881592
With a new director as well its starting to feel that way, which is disappointing. Aw well. At least we got one out of them.
>>
>>94880844
>And in Domino's case, no, her race isn't important. At all.
Literally the only thing that matters about Domino is that she looks like a domino.
>>
>>94881623
That's what body paint is for
>>
>>94880320
>Changed her race
Isn't she still homo-superior?
>>
>>94881623
Shame they didn't make her look like Domino then she might not have died because anyone could have put white makeup on like say the Joker does. She could have even been black as long as they put makeup on her.
>>
>>94881655
Well apparently for some reason you can't put white body paint on a black lady! Whoops!
>>
File: domiasheeit.jpg (2MB, 1790x2751px) Image search: [Google]
domiasheeit.jpg
2MB, 1790x2751px
>>94881496

Shieet.
>>
>>94881655
They obviously aren't using body paint though.
>>
>>94881687
She's got the eye spot, the titties, and the jumpsuit. What more do you need.
>>
>>94880320

>Implying anyone has ever actually given a shit about Domino
>Implying anyone ever will

She's a fucking who, and looks like a crash bandicoot villain post college.

I've read Domino's stuff, it ain't great, even by comic standards. By comparison the Guardians of the Galaxy were the kings of consistency and likeability.
>>
>>94881727
How about you do the grayish white? I know whites would claim racism if you paint her white so this is the best way to do it.
>>94881762
But what if they are?
>>
>>94880320
because 90% of the population don't know the original character, so they can define it how they want
>>
File: cute.jpg (1MB, 1040x877px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
1MB, 1040x877px
>>94880320
a sassy black chick would help sell movie tickets to a whole other demographic.

mo money mo money
>>
>>94881765
To have white skin. Not like Caucasian white, real white like she has always been. So basically better makeup.
>>
Domino should have been asian
Hollywood doesn't have enough asians.
>>
>>94881776
ody actually gives two shits about Dominio it's just because she's black. Noticed how no one said shit about Negasonic teenage warhead or Ajax even though they weren't comic book accurate?
>>
>>94881814
Bollywood does
>inb4 Indians aren't asian
>>
>>94881790
. . . But what if they are? Did you see any of the pictures, the set photos, etc.?
>>
>>94881822
At the very least we most definitely did have threads about Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
>>
>>94881882
About her bald ass head maybe
>>94881857
Yes I did
>>
>>94881776
If they aren't going to use her distinctive looks from the comics and no one supposedly cares about Domino, then why call her Domino and bring on the nerd rage? Just have Zazie Beetz gain a few pounds and call her Agent Preston. Failing that, make a god damned OC. This version may as well be anyway.
>>
>>94881933
So then you know they're not using body paint. How is this even a discussion? Do you have some kind of coherent point to make because now would be a good time.
>>
>>94881822
This. People are saying they wont see this movie because if a damn c lister but Colossus/Deadpool/Cable/Black tom (Or juggs) are the best parts.
>>
>>94880536
This, I want Martin Luther King movie with Lucy Liu as Martin.
>>
>>94880320
>All I know about this character is how she looks.

Fuck off and stop pretending like you care.
>>
>>94882026
This, is like Kory, they got it perfectly in Titans, serious, no nonsense, focused leader, like the Kory from the comics, and on top she's big lipped arrow pointed cheeks black amazon.
>>
>>94881935
>then why call her Domino and bring on the nerd rage?
Because if a few pissed off nerds don't want to see the movie, that's fine. It's not like we'd be taking anyone with us, or have any friends to convince not to go.
They're still gonna make millions, and we're still gonna be alone and angry in our rooms.
>>
>>94882142
The reasoning of "It will only upset a small part of our audience" is not good reasoning when either making her visually appear as Domino or just making her a different character would result in not upsetting any portion of the audience.
>>
>>94882142
That flies in the face of the theory that faithfulness to the source material was the reason the first Deadpool movie was so well received though. I guess they don't feel the need to court the nerds anymore now that Deadpool has hit the mainstream.
>>
>>94881935
You know, in all honesty if Agent Preston was in the next Deadpool movie after 2 it would be pretty great, but isn't SHIELD strictly MCU property?
>>
black American are just important for domestic box office gross as white americans now. get over it. the mcu makes sure every one of their heroes except ant-man will have a black hero partner from now on as well.

if white people hadn't stopped going to movie theaters so much this wouldn't be the case, but it is what has happened.
>>
>>94882325
>13% of the population is more important than 17% of population
>>
>>94880536
I don't care about the actress they choose but are you really pretending that a character's design doesn't matter in a comic?

If you want characters that are defined from A to Z by what they say regardless of what they looked like, then read theater plays.
>>
>cleavage is the same

I'm satsified
>>
>>94882142
Speak for yourself. Fuckin loser
>>
>>94881845
bollywood ain't hollywood
>>
>>94880320
Diversity has become a game of labels. A competition of colors and sexes. Modern diversity isn't about fairness or equality. It's about destabilization and winning one for the home team. Every color that's not you is your enemy, because it's not about people anymore. It's all about labels.
>>
>>94881541
You would think they would make the effort with Domino especially because her appearance is so distinct and tied into her character.

I'm fine with casting Domino with a black woman, but they should have either a) used makeup to make her skin chalk-white with an ink black patch and no giant ass 'fro or b) go the opposite direction with negative Domino and get the darkest woman they can find, I'm talking charcoal black, and give her a snow white patch with white hair.

Making her some ultra-lightskinned black chick with a shitty vitiligo patch and a giant afro just screams "not giving a shit, but gonna hide behind muh diversity-shield if you complain about it".
>>
File: Domino Edit 2.jpg (750KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Domino Edit 2.jpg
750KB, 1333x1000px
>>94880320

I would have had literally no complaints if they had at least put in even the slightest bit of effort into making her look a damn thing like the character she's meant to be portraying. Race has nothing to do with it, there's literally no reason to not have her iconic appearance in a universe where Colossus is allowed to run around in all his giant metal glory.
>>
>cast a black chick with an afro
>DON'T have her play Misty Knight

It was RIGHT THERE
>>
>>94882312
Perhaps they can pull of Scarlet Witch and just make her a cop or government agent. I am pretty sure her first and only appearances were in Deadpool's comics.
>>
>>94882536
They didn't have the license for Misty Knight.
>>
File: domino.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
domino.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
>>94881623
Yes, and everyone knows that dominos are all white with black dots and never black with white dots.
>>
>>94882521
hmmm... yes...
>>
>>94880844
>he doesn't know blacks are only 13% of the population
>>
>>94882653

You might have a point if they had actually inverted the colors, something people have said they would have found clever and been fine with. They didn't: she's now brown with a lighter flesh-tone spot (well, more of a lumpy donut).
>>
>>94880320
Not even upset she's black, I'm upset she's so bland looking.
Saw an idea someone had where her mutation spreads and she's dyed chalk white except for an untouched patch around her other eye, that honestly seems like the only way to salvage this bland, bland design.
>>
>>94880320
Yet another ugly black girl

For the disproportionately represented nigger race

This is so wrong
>>
>>94880320
Why are you complaining about this, but not about Starfire being cast with a black woman?
>>
>>94882751
>implying we can't complain about both
Tabs are a thing.

Also, this is relevant again because a black motorcycle racer/rookie stuntwoman died recently during the movie's production.
>>
>>94880320
Alleged "people not caring" is not ana excuse to race or gender bend a character.

Obviously a lot of people do care
Domino is one of the most wanted characters to be added aside form wolverine and cable

Accept that there's going to be a lot of people that will angry about this
>>
>>94882521
I want someone to make a fanedit with the correct colors and watch the media meltdown that ensues.
>>
>>94882751
Are you kidding
Yesterdays 2 Starfire threads went to 500replies of complaints
>>
>>94880320
They have no excuse for this abomination
Domino is not a shapeshifting alien
>>
>>94881882
Because no one gives a fuck about NTW or knows who the fuck she is. Domino is at least somewhat well known. Doesn't matter how shit her stories were, she's still relatively popular.
>>
Making Domino black got a person killed
>>
>>94881814
This is actually true. Same goes for Mexicans. Blacks are ridiculously over represented however.
>>
>>94880320
because 80's cybergoth mime is not popular in this century.
>>
>>94882653
then she should have been painted black all over with a white dot, or painted up white all over and with a black spot.

i would have expected a white actress to also put on white make up like joker in SS.
>>
>>94882908
Psylocke is a bust, phantomx girl is the unknown one since she's new

Maybe she should be the one that got blacked she wears a mask anyway

If they wanted diversity they
Should have added moonstar or warpath even sunspot.
>>
File: 1503531592858.png (776KB, 1080x842px) Image search: [Google]
1503531592858.png
776KB, 1080x842px
>>94883113
>Same goes for Mexicans.
DC had an opportunity and they blew it.
>>
>>94883002
There's actually an original shape shifting member called copycat

If anything FOX and the producers of this mess is the one who doesn't care
>>
>>94880844
And the movie made Etta Candy British.
>>
File: 107_chappelle_m4.jpg (6KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
107_chappelle_m4.jpg
6KB, 200x160px
>>94883239
I hope they paint her orange and she looks even more like Starfire like how Dave Chappelle looked weird when he got makeup to look like a white reporter.
>>
File: 72880465443013011180.jpg (1MB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
72880465443013011180.jpg
1MB, 1800x900px
>>94882536
But we already have a Misty Knight.
>>
>>94880320
I never even noticed that the area around the eye wasn't complete. It looks way worse this way.
>>
File: 1SVRjmN.png (283KB, 941x350px) Image search: [Google]
1SVRjmN.png
283KB, 941x350px
>>94880844
>>
>>94881814
ajax was clever visually because he was a reflection of him. even his costume was similar to origins wade wilson. bulletproof vest with axes instead of swords, the bald head, and even the scene where copycat confused him for wade. comics ajax looks bland as fuck, he's just got a shinny power armor looking thing going on. the change in this case was worth it.

negasonic was also great. they originally planned a closer costume with all the tares on her clothes and long hair. but they decided to show a very comic book x-men uniform with looked great and then give her a younger goth look, sure it's not the long dreads and pale skin but she looks 30 in the comics. using a cute younger girl was perfect for the dynamic of colossus bringing in a rookie along. but she still was goth because her comic counterpart was goth. she still wore a long coat and stuff to give her that drapery look from the comics. but that bandanna thing she wears in the comics looks awful as fuck.

domino's casting of a black actress wouldn't have been at all an issue if they painted her white and black or black and white. it would even look 100X better than a regular white girl because it would look more mutant.
>>
>>94882536
What about Captain Marvel? Hell she looks exactly like silver age captain marvel
>>
>>94881814
A properly casted Psylocke would have been the right stuff
>>
File: X-Force_Vol_1_1_Wraparound_Cover.jpg (963KB, 1988x1522px) Image search: [Google]
X-Force_Vol_1_1_Wraparound_Cover.jpg
963KB, 1988x1522px
>>94880320
She should have been feral lol
>>
>>94883719
Feral is Hispanic.
>>
>>94880320
Dominoes are black with white dots. The original design was unfaithful to the source material that is actual domino. Should have been called Dalmatian instead or something
>>
>>94880761
Even Wanda got her tits back in Secret Empire.
>>
>>94883113
>Blacks are ridiculously over represented however.
So are Whites but apparently that is ok
>>
>>94880320
I'm guessing it would have been too evocative of black and white minstrels
>>
File: RCO016_1463395682.jpg (795KB, 1947x3032px) Image search: [Google]
RCO016_1463395682.jpg
795KB, 1947x3032px
So how likely is it were gonna get a scene in Deadpool 2 mentioning Domino's fear of chickens
>>
>>94880844
>Does Domino's ethnicity, gender, or physical appearance inform who she is? No?
Gender and ethnicity no, physical appearance yes. She's a part of the "mutants that can't hide what they are" subsect of X-men characters like Nightcrawler or the Morlocks, and that impacts how characters treat her. and how she acts around flatscans.
So really the problem with this isn't in casting it's in design. It's not outlandish enough.
>>
>>94880320
Shame

changing the race of domino is the best thing they can come up with
>>
>>94884134
population wise yes
>>
File: IMG_2300.jpg (203KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2300.jpg
203KB, 620x375px
>>94880320
What gets me is that they did the whole color switch thing then got a light skinnned black woman. They should have at least got the most midnight black woman they could find to keep the contrast instead of someone who is barely darker than a white person with a tan.
>>
>>94880320
Fucking kill yourself OP. You backwards thinking idiots are soooo tired, Just piss off and die
>>
>>94884264

This. Which makes me concerned if they do touch on any persecution she faces, it'll be because she's black, not because she's a mutie.
>>
>>94880594
KILL

YOUR

SELF

CUNTFACE
>>
>>94884391
I have seen this picture before
>in my dreams
>>
>>94880320
I think racebending is backwards thinking
>>
>>94880668
I've made a curse so you die your sleep tonight...
>>
>>94880844
If they actually cared about pushing accurate representations we'd be seeing more characters becoming asian than we are seeing them become black.

Diversity to hollywood means almost universally just more black people.

Asians are way more underrepresented in hollywood, but you never see people complain about it.
>>
>>94880697
Which is pretty awesome actually
>>
>>94884541
It's very against her character, though, as domino was visibly identifiable as a mutant which caused her problems living and being accepted as a regular person.

This erases that.
>>
>>94880320
I think it's divine providence production of Deadpool 2 was shut down. It's like the universe itself called the movie out on its faggotry.
Hopefully it'll stay dead for a few years and they do Domino right next time.
>>
>>94880320
someone died because of the blackwash
>>
>>94881814
>>94883113
>asians
They're in 5% of the top films and make up 6% of the population. How are blacks over represented? Redheads are over represented because there's 1% of them but you cry crocodile tears for them anyway.
>>
>>94884597
Vitiligo is literally a mutation
>>
>>94884331
Asians are only 6%, make up your mind
>>
>>94884520
>but you never see people complain about it.
I can't breathe
>>
>>94884701
Mutation implies evolution, an adaption.
Vitiligo is an aberration, a failure of the body to do what it's supposed to.
>>
>>94884597
>>94884701
The original Domino would easily be identifiable. This one's issue could be fixed with ten minutes applying makeup; and looks nothing like Domino.

It is a shame someone died though.
>>
>>94880320
I'm going with, It's a joke.

The Deadpool movie is all about the laughs, and being a troll, and with all the complaints about diversity and white washing, and poking fun of the very superhero genre it's all about, so what better joke is there to take the literal whitish woman in comics, and completely race swap her, and give her one of the stupidest hairstyle's ever created, and topped it all off with hairy pits. It's a joke OP.

Just be glad that for once they cast an actress with actual breasts, and DIDN'T try to hide them.
>>
>>94884520
>but you never see people complain about it.
That's a goddamn lie and you know it
>>
>>94882382
Yeah, I agree. Why is the spot not black? One job. Other than that what the fuck is supposed to be so important about Domino's design? It's actually kinda stupid really. It's not like she's Night Crawler.
>>
File: Carlos.png (146KB, 370x282px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.png
146KB, 370x282px
>>94884860

>I'm going with, It's a joke.

With an absolutely killer punchline.
>>
>>94883080

I keep seeing this but have no idea what the context is
>>
>>94884951

Except it's exactly as if they just had Nightcrawler be flesh-toned and removed his more obviously mutant features, leaving him as just some black guy with BAMF powers and maybe a tail.
>>
File: black domino.jpg (5KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
black domino.jpg
5KB, 300x300px
I would have been 100% okay with this if they had used a really, really black chick, and painted a white circle over her eye.

Not this skin disorder shit on a mochachino girl.
>>
>>94885004

See: >>94880141

In short: they really wanted a black stunt driver, couldn't get one, got a racer instead, then didn't have her wear a helmet (presumably to show off the afro) and she died performing a stunt she clearly wasn't ready for.
>>
>>94884708
Im not the guy arguing for more asians
>>
>>94884754
That was actually a bit different since it was idiots who thought iron fist was originally asian, and then they doubled down when called out on not knowing shit.
>>
>>94880844
>whites are disproportionally represented
Disproportionate doesn't mean >50%, it means in proportion to their population size, which is about 65% of the US. If anything, blacks are overrepresented. Hispanics more than double the black population and we aren't nearly as represented as they are.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (3MB, 6232x7818px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
3MB, 6232x7818px
>>94885789
It still seems like a thing that a lot people talk about regardless
>>
>>94880320
Asians aren't a real minority, they're just white people with weird eyes.
>>
>>94885844
>Hispanics more than double the black population
Wat
>over represented
suace on both please
>>
>>94885844
Why are Hispanics not white when it comes to bashing Europeans, but white when they shoot black people?
>>
>>94885929
gotta play the cards you have. It's the reason women on twitter called that black guy from snl or trever noah a sexist for comments they made.
>>
>>94885929
Hispanic is an ethnicity not a race holy shit you fucking Americans.
>>
>>94885929
Not that anon, but the US census considers hispanic an ethnicity and not a race so there are hispanics who identify as white.
>>
File: wat.jpg (41KB, 681x445px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
41KB, 681x445px
>>94885844
>2x13%=17%
>>
>>94885996
I'm Slavic Canadian, kurwa
>>
>>94886011
>Fred was Puerto Rican the whole time
who's next the invisible woman?
>>
>>94885849
It's nowhere near the level of black representation, and you won't see groups that call for greater diversity often include asians by name when they push for it.
>>
>>94885849
To be fair the casting in dr.strange was just a shit show, fucking limey
>>
>>94886131
What is it now and where should it be? They are 6% of the population and last I checked they were in 5% of the top films in 2014
>you won't see groups that call for greater diversity often include asians by name when they push for it.
Yeah that's problem people have in some the links provided in the image.
>>
>>94880320
The right looks hotter and more interesting.
>>
>>94884102
>Dominoes are black with white dots.
They can be white with black dots, too.
>>
>>94880320
the nigra look so ugly
>>
>>94885844
>Hispanics more than double the black population and we aren't nearly as represented as they are.
Even if that's true then thank god for that. Mexicans are just as bad as the most ghetto nigger in the hood, except they don't even insult you in English.
>>
>>94886343
Yeah but that was done mostly so China wouldn't chimp out. There was literally no reason to do this except muh diversity.
>>
>>94884764
No it doesn't. All mutations are abberations, and a small handful of mutations are beneficial while most are negligible fitness-wise outside rare circumstances, and others are detrimental.
>>
>>94884445
Persecution because of both her race and mutation could make for a good backstory if they hadn't half-assed the makeup. Imagine what it'd be like for a kid growing up in a black neighborhood when she looks like this.
>>
>>94885844
>Hispanics more than double the black population and we aren't nearly as represented as they are.
It only seems that way because you got a lot of stealth latinos that are white passing. Blacks (and asians) stand out more.
Frankly Hispanic/Latino stopped being race labels once Romney tried claiming that as his heritage.
>>
>>94887309
I hate the term "Hispanic." It's so generalized and covers basically everyone in Mexico and Central/South America.
>>
>>94880536
>If the original "charm" of the character is solely in their aesthetic
In a visual medium like a comic book, aesthetic trumps writing, you fucking retard
>>
>>94881822

Thats because unlike Domino, those two aren't well known or exposure is very limited.

Domino has been in countless X-Books and whatnot. Those guys are only known to the most hardcore of fans.
>>
>>94887309
"Hispanic/Latino" is not even a race to begin with.
>>
>>94880320
>>94882521
>heterochromia
No pls. The black spot is enough.
>>
>>94883005
>relatively popular
for her tits, and every woman has tits so any woman can play domino.
>>
>>94888880
>for her tits,
Not true.

>and every woman has tits
Lol. Not true.

>so any woman can play domino.
Not true.
>>
literally got someone killed because of race bending

way too go fox/marvel
>>
>>94883719
>tfw Shaterstar will never be in a movie
>>
File: 1241267.jpg (685KB, 526x5272px) Image search: [Google]
1241267.jpg
685KB, 526x5272px
>>94880320
>Can anyone explain this?
You fucking joking me? Do you know how hard it is to recreate the original look? Clearly, it's easier to cast a black actress with an afro because everyone knows there are more black actresses running around in Hollywood. No diversity quotas here, no sir
>>
>>94880320
I don't remember complaints when they cast Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury.
>>
File: file.png (63KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
63KB, 288x216px
>>94889024
>cosplay sluts
>>
>>94889024
>We'll never get to see Hollywood try to properly adapt Domino for the big screen
For fuck's sake. Even porn studios tried to do it
>>
>>94889062
Stop posting on 4chan, Beetz. Nobody likes your ugly ass
>>
File: eeef702095fe7b50edf5f9f2c0748bcf.jpg (331KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
eeef702095fe7b50edf5f9f2c0748bcf.jpg
331KB, 1280x853px
>>94889024
>>94889066
>porn studios
Kek. Lost some of the horny teenager market right there

>>94889062
>cosplay sluts
You gay or something, anon?
>>
>>94880320
Who gives a crap about Liefeld's OC?
>>
>>94880320
Honestly, no ones gonna watch a movie with Idris Alba as Batman.

So they just fill up the side characters, since no one knows who the hell they are.
People will see her for the first time and think that's how she's supposed to be.
>>
File: corporate guys talking.png (210KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
corporate guys talking.png
210KB, 300x450px
>>94889066
>"our sequel will have new characters cable and domino"
>"who's domino?"
>"that chick with the black spot around her eye"
>"is that a deadpool villain?"
>>
>>94889052
Ultimate Fury, so it doesn't count. Plus it was Samuel Jackson. People would at least let him have a shot at it
>>94889062
>2/10 wouldn't bang
>>
>>94883113
Mexicans are too busy hating other minorities to focus on fighting for representation.

That being said, I feel like Starfire should have been a spicy latina
>>
>>94880320
>Changed her race
Prove it
>>
Jesus Christ. Are we going to pretend that we didn't give a shit about Domino now? For what? To defend this shitty casting by people who would gladly take our money? Are we going to get paid for doing this?
>>
>>94889138
>Are we going to get paid for doing this?
You wish, faggot. Why do you think they cast a black chick to begin with? Everyone in Hollywood knows you get a free defense force when you get a minority for a role.
>>
>>94880320
I think it would be hilarious if they had her wear that white makeup all over her body, and just left the eye part uncovered.
>>
File: domino.png (552KB, 564x595px) Image search: [Google]
domino.png
552KB, 564x595px
their only mistake was giving the actress a white spot.

fix that and she's still a gun-carrying pair of tits with vague powers that nobody cares about. in other words, Domino.
>>
>>94889153
>Why do you think they cast a black chick to begin with?
Because she was the best actor that showed up for the audition?
>>
>>94880320
Tokenism. The controversy drums up publicity and the studio has a free little mass of SJWs and SJW clickbait journalists who'll defend it reflexively. The studio can pay her less and not care about her acting ability because they already know that anyone who dares have a negative opinion on the decision will be branded a stinky racist despite any view they actually have. And if she ruins the movie and it manages to wreck, they can turn around and blame those same racists they've branded. On the other hand if she does a decent job or at least doesn't kill the movie, the studio knows she'll be singled out for praise, generating more headlines they wouldn't have gotten if they'd cast an actress who physically fit the role.
Isn't "colorblind" casting fun?
>>
File: 1503008550776.png (387KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503008550776.png
387KB, 640x480px
Jesus Christ. Are we going to pretend that we ever gave a shit about Domino now? For what? To get buttblasted by this casting by people who we'll gladly give our money?
>>
>>94889211
>we'll
Cute, but wrong.
>>
>>94889191
So we're supposed to believe that the same incompetent shits who let an inexperienced stuntwoman do a dangerous stunt against the advice of the actual trainers would give a shit about talent during casting? There's only so much bullshit you can swallow.
>>
>>94880844
It's BLACKS that are disproportionately represented in media. I've never SEEN a negress. Seen a couple of niggers on vacation but never a negress.
>>
>>94880320
>>94880320
>>94880320
>Changing her skin color LITERALLY killed a woman

That biker didn't have to die
>>
>>94881279
Does a piece of media with white people agitate *your* severe autism? Because it seems like it does.
>>
>>94889191
>unironically thinking that hollywood producers give a fuck about talent
>>
>>94889211
>Are we going to pretend that we ever gave a shit about Domino now?
Well, I do anon. And unlike other people, I don't feel obligated giving money to people just because they're making a movie about a character I actually like.
>>94889191
>best actor that showed up for the audition
I like your optimism, anon
>>
>>94889222
Yes, accidents happens.
>>
>>94889249
>accidents happens.
When was the last time you saw a stuntman getting killed because of such gross negligence that their trainers actually spoke out? It's not like they had to settle with an inexperienced stuntwoman just because they needed a black woman anyway.
>>
>>94889229
>Making a movie hurt someone
Not the first time it happened, remember resident evil?
>>
>>94889256
2012 during the filming of the expendables 2
>>
>>94889270
>died due to an explosion
Did anyone complain that they lacked training to control the explosion?
>>
>kill a black woman because you wanted to turn a white cuuuurrrazy woman into an african vitiligo assassin for diversity sake
What did they mean by did?
>>
>>94880320
>Why did they change her race and aesthetics when it would redefine and alter the original charm of her character?
So you wouldn't notice that they replaced the spot on her left eye with a chunky onion ring.
>>
>>94889256
>It's not like they had to settle with an inexperienced stuntwoman just because they needed a black woman anyway.
This basically. The article sums up all the fuck ups neatly:
>used a woman who had little experience in stunt work. Said good enough because she raced
>literally had no black stuntwoman to work with
>Trainers did the best they could, but repeatedly warned that it was only a matter of time before she fucked up
>Let her do the stunt anyway
>For some reason, this was a good idea because CGI wasn't good enough and they just HAD to use a black woman
That's not even covering the idea that maybe the stuntwoman wasn't wearing a helmet when the accident occurred because of that stupid afro. But given the level of fuck ups that happened, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't wear one
>>
File: meow.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
meow.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
It's got me thinking. Would pic related be defended vigorously if it came out these days?
>>
>>94880320
What a bad decision

she is so ugly
>>
>>94889327
yes by leftist and cucks

muh ertha kit
>>
File: IMG_3303.jpg (116KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3303.jpg
116KB, 480x360px
>>94889303
Read the article, she was not wearing a helmet beceause of the afro

I know people wanna make this a race thing but its really incompetence using race as a cover. From the costume to the fact they got someone killed, they should take some time to rethink what theyre even trying to accomplish here.
>>
>>94889327
No doubt. It was released during a time where fans had balls and would actually demand some fucking effort in adapting the source material. Unfortunately for the people who made it, they didn't have the good 'ol racist shield back then, and people didn't feel the need to show how not totally racist they are like they do today.
>>
>>94889367
I meant "I read the article" not "go read the article" and suddenly realize how shit english is again
>>
>>94889367
>I know people wanna make this a race thing
It's only a race thing because some people actually believe the casting choice was anything other than a cheap grab for diversity points. No one seriously believes that this stuntwoman died due to diversity. But now it's harder to accept that these same fuck ups who got a woman killed would give a shit about "talent" when they were casting Domino to begin with.
>>
>>94881392
>noodle untoned arms
how many cocks did she suck for that role
>>
File: I N M I N E C R A P.png (276KB, 683x693px) Image search: [Google]
I N M I N E C R A P.png
276KB, 683x693px
>>94880844
>"Race doesn't matter"
>Oh, so you'd be fine if a black character was bent white?
>"W-WELL ACTUALLY THAT'S A B-BIG PART OF WHO THEY ARE AND UM I MEAN YEAH SO"
>>
>>94889280
They could have
>>94889303
>literally had no black stuntwoman to work with
Well now that's a problem is it not?
>>
File: 275px-MikeAndTheBots.jpg (14KB, 275x193px) Image search: [Google]
275px-MikeAndTheBots.jpg
14KB, 275x193px
>>94882521
They were pushing the comic look so much with colossus and and they don't bother to paint her like Zoe Saldana did for her character.

Doesn't help that shes the worst actor in Atlanta.
>>
>>94882653
>>94885029
Im not american and have never seen black dominoes
>>
>>94880594
>blackwash
isnt that just creosote?
>>
>>94880320
>Beg and cry for a movie for 15 years
>Project is declared totally dead for ages
>It miraculously happens.
>It's good.
>The normies love it.
>500 million or whatever the fuck worldwide
>The saviour of superhero movies
>Sequel greenlit immediately, something fans of Dredd, Hulk and countless other projects are never going to see.

>Complain when they cast a black chick.

Deadpool fans are spoiled children, and are the very root of the cancer that is killing comic books.
>>
>>94890650
What if people complaining are Domino fans instead of Deadpool fans?
>>
>>94890650
>Deadpool fans are spoiled children, and are the very root of the cancer that is killing comic books
Implying that the general live action fandom give two shits about the comics.
>>
>>94890787
That's why they watched the movie and not Origins.

If they get the character right then her appearance won't matter for me
>>
>>94890650
Fuck off tumblr. They didn't just cast a black chick. they didn't cover her in paint to at least look the part and gave her a fucking afro for no reason. This was a black because she's black situation. Not a talent one.its because deadpool got popular that it getting missmanaged.
>>
>>94890820
>If they get the character right
Yes. Because Domino is such a deep and complex character, right? Eat shit. If they can't get the look of a COMIC BOOK character right then why would should I trust them with everything else? Better to just pirate this shit
>>
>>94890860
>Having a problem with an afro on a black, leather-clad merc

But that's a great aesthetic, and it looks awesome here. Full body paint looks weird, I thought Gamora proved that.
>>
>>94890916
>But that's a great aesthetic,

Are you fucking retarded?
The ONLY people who think that looks good are self hating middleclass white kids
Blacks do not even think it looks good otherwise there would not be a multi billion dollar hair care industry for black hair.

If you actually left the suburbs and went to a black neighborhood you would see hundreds of Salons doing weaves and straightening and braids and exactly ZERO doing blow outs or fros
>>
>>94890916
>But that's a great aesthetic
Yeah, it's alright
>and it looks awesome here
It looked terrible here, and made all the worse when you look at the character she's meant to play.

>>94890900
>Better to just pirate this shit
Nah, between the original director leaving and this Domino I see no actual reason to watch Deadpool 2 knowing the (((fingers))) in everyone's pie in Hollywood have been jammed into this.
Just think of the irony - if Deadpool wasn't such a financial success we'd have stood the chance of getting a good sequel.
>>
>>94889327
Only thing I remember about that movie is wanting to fug Halle Berry
>tfw it'll never happen
>>
>>94887552
This.
>>
>>94880761
This is literally a recolor from the recent X-Men comic.
>>
>>94884520
>Asians are way more underrepresented in hollywood, but you never see people complain about it.

People do complain about it, mainly annoying white girls and not asians themselves since they've got their own film industry and asians generally don't care about what yt pipo do since they're not fucking idiots like niggers and can actually do their own thing and have their own culture, but I gotta agree that the nogs are way worse about their bitching than asians themselves.

Diversity to the tumblr/lefty crowd literally means just making Idris Elba play a bunch of bland white dudes.
>>
>>94880320
>Can anyone explain this?
Is because the Xmen don't have enough "diversity".... ohh wait they have, maybe because the are fucking attention whores that want to yell racist to the comics reader community with that cheap racebait
>>
1. Make a white character black or some sort of other "controversial" aesthetic decision
2. Turbo nerds rage, all of a sudden everyone's a major fan of a D-list character. movie gets talked about more
3. Movie makes millions, everyone forgets about the controversy
4. Rinse repeat.

This is why I'm sure that /co/ is a constant stream of 15 year olds. This shit has been happening since the dawn of time
>>
Not to mention it actually killed a stuntwoman.
>>
Also, there's no way this thread would've hit over 200 replies if Marvel simply killed off Domino and never used her gain. That's how much people don't actually give a fuck about Domino, its more about rustled jimmies over race shit
>>
>>94891412
>you'll pay to watch it anyway!
>this delusion
Go to bed Ryan. Nobody wants to see Deadpool make his 4th wall breaking "jokes" when we all know a stuntwoman died making this movie in real life
>>
>>94891412
>>94891469
See
>>94889138
>>
>>94891492
I'm the delusional one and you're the one saying that Deadpool 2 isn't a guaranteed money maker. It could completely suck ass and more than break even.
>>
>>94891520
Whatever you say Ryan. Go cry in the corner knowing that you won't get to top your first Deadpool film.
>>
>>94891520
>Fox gets to make more shitty movies
Wow, you must be really proud of yourself. I've seen console war faggots that look more dignified than you
>>
>>94891507
No one is pretending that Domino isn't a major character. At best she is a spottily reoccurring side character for Cable and Deadpool. How many threads has she gotten here that weren't about her tits?
>>
>>94891546
I'm just stating facts. You're a moron if you think the sequel of a well received superhero movie will flop. I think you know this and are too buttpained to admit it.
>>
>>94891561
>No one is pretending that Domino isn't a major character.
So is that an excuse to make shitty adaptations of characters now? At least people cosplay as Domino, and she has a bigger presence than someone like Ajax or Negasonic. People will compare this shitty Domino with the original look, no matter how much you pretend it doesn't matter.
>>
>>94891587
>You're a moron if you think the sequel of a well received superhero movie will flop
I said I won't watch it. Hilarious how you get butthurt with that statement alone and pretend I ever said anything about it being a flop. That's how butthurt fanboys react.
>It'll make money anyway!
Fucking lol
>>
>>94891591
The only way you could be certain that this is a shitty adaptation is if Domino's character centered around her being a pasty white woman with a black patch around her eye. And if that's the case, is it really worth the energy to defend a 100% accurate panel to screen adaptation?
>>
>>94891619
Except you said no one wants to see it. I'm arguing that people will see it regardless.

Let's stop throwing around "fanboy" shit when you're losing an argument
>>
>>94881392
Year, but the lady on the left really doesn't measure up to him.
>>
>>94891636
>The only way you could be certain that this is a shitty adaptation is if Domino's character centered around her being a pasty white woman with a black patch around her eye
Well they already have a half-assed Domino. And they got a stuntwoman killed in an easily avoidable accident, so you get the sense of how much effort they're putting in this film. The first part alone is enough to convince me not to see it in theaters.
>And if that's the case, is it really worth the energy to defend a 100% accurate panel to screen adaptation?
I'm not defending shit. And if you have to expend energy to complain about something, which is what I'm actually doing, then there's something wrong with you
>>
File: safasf.jpg (2MB, 1790x2751px) Image search: [Google]
safasf.jpg
2MB, 1790x2751px
>>94881734

Red box monologue totally unnecessary. Why do they have to write every fucking female character like they're some self-righteous, insecure teenager? These are not the thoughts of a mercenary.
>>
>>94891667
>Except you said no one wants to see it.
>Fox gets to make more shitty movies
>Wow, you must be really proud of yourself. I've seen console war faggots that look more dignified than you
It's best if you actually read the post first before pretending you're in an argument. Where did I say in that post that it will flop?
>>
>>94891636
Are you blind? You may as well be defending the Deadpool redesign from Wolverine: Origins.
>>
>>94880320
wah i don't want to watch a movie with black people
>>
File: 1478220848432.jpg (13KB, 222x219px) Image search: [Google]
1478220848432.jpg
13KB, 222x219px
>>94880320
>Implying a black woman needs to be written differently than any other woman
>Implying an external aesthetic change changes anything about a character's internal personality
>Implying interesting black women haven't been written by Hollywood

You don't have to like how she looks but you don't have make it about race. Diversity is important, believe it or not there's more brown on this Earth than white my guy, if this bothers you, maybe you should reevaluate your views.
>>
>>94889153
>Everyone in Hollywood knows you get a free defense force when you get a minority for a role
>This whole thread
Holy shit. It's actually real
>>
>>94882653

Do they make bronze dominoes with off-white splotches, because that's what she looks like.

>>94882521

This anon has it right.
>>
>>94891709
>character's internal personality
Kek. Fucking adults talking about a comic book character's "internal personality"
>>
There are quite a few causes of Hyperpigmatation (essentially the opposite of Vitiligo) so they could easily have had a white actress with a dark patch over her eye if they wanted to be "realistic".
>>
>>94891698
Shouldn't about one in word in three be some variation on "fuck"?
>>
>>94889024

>diversity quotas

I don't understand how more black people don't find casting choices like this offensive. It's not so much that they picked obviously casted for race first, talent second but that they made her look as black as fucking possible.

>Look, blacks! We white/jewish directors have cast one of you in a secondary role in a blockbuster movie! See the afro, she's sooooo black! Spend your money here!
>>
>>94891735
Well it's true, you wouldn't write Deathstroke the same way you'd write Deadpool. Personality is the meat of a character, their depth is irrelevant.
>>
>>94884520

>Diversity to hollywood means almost universally just more black people.

That goes for all things in my experience. In college the people in charge of minority clubs actually explicitly stated they intended for blacks to gain leadership positions over other minorities, and the nigs in the clubs were pretty much openly antagonistic against the Hispanics, Asians, Arabs, etc.
>>
>>94891753

My point is more that Domino is here to blow Emma Frost's brains out for money. Cold and calculated. Not, like, totally, like, bummed out that those creepers are like objectifying her and junk, omg.
>>
>>94880320
Left is hotter but the real issue is the afro caused that stunt woman to die because she couldn't wear a helmet over it
>>
>>94891801
And you think Domino of all characters is recognized by her personality? Come on now
>>
>>94891829

The Afro is extra diversity points, can't change it for safety, you bigot.
>>
>>94883719

Those hands on Cable are a masterpiece
>>
>>94891829
wow that sucks.
>>
>>94891801
It would help if Domino's personality was actually recognizable.
>Deadpool: smart-mouth crazy guy
>Deathstroke: no-nonsense mercenary
>Domino: ???
And even Deathstroke isn't consistent between his appearances.
>>
>>94891784
>I don't understand how more black people don't find casting choices like this offensive.
They do. I know a lot of black guys furious with the Death Note adaptation, with extra hate on L for example. It's just that there's no shortage of people willing to let it slide (and let their friends know it, of course) because they think it makes them look "tolerant" or "not racist"
>>
>>94889465

No, it's not a fucking problem you complete buffoon, because typically there are ways to get around that. Hell, they could have gotten a black stuntman to do it if they really cared that much about race, gender should have been irrelevant. Even Power Rangers can handle this shit, why couldn't Hollywood?
>>
>>94891855
>>94891897
I don't think Domino is going to be as recognizable in general- even if they casted her physically 1 to 1. This film however is a great chance to give her recognizable attitude and persona. Historically speaking, casting goes far beyond finding look alike characters anyhow, favoring the best actor- that's how the performing arts have always been with the exception of biographical films.
>>
>>94891897
She was always the sarcastic henchwoman listening to Deapool, Cable or whoever's conspiracies and complaining.
>>
>>94891784
They're making millions ever since they started doing it for the Chinese.
>>
>>94891784

Same, it's almost like a fucking prop.

>Alright for this movie we'll need about this many fake guns, this many cars, a motorcycle, a black, some sword props...
>>
>>94880320
Shuuuuuuuuuuut the fuuuuuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuuuuuup
>>
>>94892013
>I don't think Domino is going to be as recognizable in general- even if they casted her physically 1 to 1.
No. There's a reason why people like to cosplay as her.
>>94889024
Hell, if porn studios take note of a character's design, you know it's recognizable

>>94892015
>She was always the sarcastic henchwoman listening to Deapool, Cable or whoever's conspiracies and complaining.
Take out henchwoman and you get Negasonic
>>
>>94892013
>I don't think Domino is going to be as recognizable in general- even if they casted her physically 1 to 1.
Lol wut. More people know about how Domino looks like than the amount of people who know how her powers work
>Historically speaking, casting goes far beyond finding look alike characters anyhow, favoring the best actor- that's how the performing arts have always been with the exception of biographical films.
Except this is an adaptation of a visual medium. How the character looks plays a huge role in it. This is why Bale's Batman had to struggle with a cumbersome suit, even if Batman's personality is already as recognizable as his costume.
>>
>>94892013
>Historically speaking, casting goes far beyond finding look alike characters anyhow, favoring the best actor- that's how the performing arts have always been with the exception of biographical films.
See >>94889222
>>
>>94892116
Yeah. Domino was relatively unique in that regard when she came out but everyone is snarky and quippy nowadays at Marvel, making her personality stand out less. She is also older, less moral and greedier than the average superhero. Originally, she was written to be in her late 30s early 40s.
>>
File: Lol sure.png (445KB, 629x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lol sure.png
445KB, 629x500px
>>94889191
>>
>>94889249
>Yes, accidents happens.
They happen less if you
>train enough for it
>listen to experts before they give you the greenlight to do it
Also, even if they do happen, you can at least reduce the damage by:
>wearing a helmet
With the amount of blunders they had, you can't fault anyone for thinking this poor woman was actually murdered
>>
>>94889191

hahaha
>>
She doesn't look like a "Domino". No one makes a Domino that is beige and cream colored to my knowledge and given that this character has a skin condition wouldn't the name "Domino" be an insensitive nickname?
>>
What I don't understand is why they chose this particular design. It's like they thought by covering her in white makeup she would be making fun of Anglos, or wouldn't be seen as African American anymore.
>>
>>94892393
>wouldn't be seen as African American anymore.
There you go
>>
>>94889024
>patiently wait for a proper adaptation of Domino's look
>Get Misty Knight instead
God Fucking Damn It.
>>
>>94889191
>hired for "talent"

Yeah, no. Hollywood just wants more brownie points from women and darkies. Virtue signalling at its finest.
>>
>>94889024
>In an alternate universe, people on /co/ are excited that there Domino looks like the 3rd chick
D-D-Did we do something wrong, bros?
>>
Lupita Nyong'o with white lipstick and a pearly white spot on her eye would have looked much, much more like Domino. Her facial features are much closer to the comic character and her close cut hair style also works better for an assassin.
>>
>ywn bleach black domino as white domino looks on, masturbating with tears in her eyes

This is just too much
>>
File: IMG_3525.jpg (108KB, 526x814px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3525.jpg
108KB, 526x814px
>>94892474
This Domino would have been the best choice anon. She looks like her personality would be perfectly suited.
>>
>>94880320
>Hot chick is replaced by another hot chickAre you gay anon?
>>
File: Domino.png (719KB, 570x542px) Image search: [Google]
Domino.png
719KB, 570x542px
>>94892444
>Misty Knight
Fucking lol
>>
File: bait.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>94880320
this whole thread
>>
>>94892712
I'm stealing this
>>
>>94892712
>Fox working around characters they can't use
Brilliant
>>
>>94892474
>accuratelly adapt Deadpool, Colossus and Cable's designs
>Domino
>"eh let's just paint some shit on her face and call it a day"

You'd all be throwing an absolute fit if they had cast a white woman but done the same shit, just painted her eye instead of making her pale white, so don't give me that "well obviously it's because she's the best actress they had so it's okay" bullshit.
>>
>>94884860
I can see it in two scenarios
>Deadpool meets Domino
>"Sorry guys, but the executives were pushing for applying more diversity"
or
>What's the matter neckbeards? You can't stand a beautiful woman of colour? Maybe you should go back to your basements and type your sexist frustration on internet. Losers"

Too bad the second option is more likely to happen.
>>
>>94880320
the race of the actress doesn't even bother me, what bothers me is the laziness, why not give her white body paint? Or if they are set of the inverted color scheme why not jet black body paint so that the white eye contrasts better?
Because as she is now it just looks like she looked through a telescope that somebody smeared white shoe polish on.
>>
>>94884541
How so?
Please explain your reasoning
>>
>>94887157
While that is true IIRC vitiligo isn't caused by a normal genetic mutation but by an induced mutation like cancer, this is why it mostly affects people that have either cancer or some other kind of degenerative terminal illness like HIV or diabetes.
>>
>>94880844
>Whites created media
>Whites are somehow disproportionate in media
>another case of Whitey better include everyone

Fuck off. If representation mattered so much, then these niggers need to start making their own shit.
>>
File: 1489266113285.png (284KB, 416x378px) Image search: [Google]
1489266113285.png
284KB, 416x378px
why is it never an attractive black actress?
I actually like black chicks, a decent amount of my porn is black.
But they never get anyone attractive for these parts.
It's always some ugly mulatto or a flat faced uggo if they're really black.

Seems kind of shitty if you ask me.
Actually now that I think about it, you don't see many attractive asians in movies or TV either.
You used to, but now that seems rarer.

Is the industry just trying to cater to self-conscious white women?
>>
>>94889191
Lol no
I used to think the same thing but at this point it's obviously just something that is forced.
I will give them some credit though at least they didn't cast Idris Elba to play Domino, because I swear Idris Elba is cast to play everyone, I eagerly await the day he makes a klumps like move where he plays every character.
>>
>get a black girl as a publicity stunt
>kill a black girl in a bike stunt
Bravo.
>>
>>94880320
Does it bother anyone else how small the spot is and how the area around the eye wasn't white? Fuck this design is lazy. I'm not too big on Cable's design either honestly. The arm just looks too robotic and not organic enough for my liking.
>>
>>94880844
>physical appearance

Yes. She looks like a domino. Dominoes are used in gambling. Gambling requires luck. Her powers are luck based. Why are you so dumb?
>>
>>94882013
>comparing real person to fictional comic character
you marching with the mask off?
>>
>>94880844
Make iron mans suit out of tinfoil then you fuckass
Domino's literally white skin is a character traits because it's one of her trademarks
It's the actual design
The suit specifics doesn't matter but if it is seen as a landmark of that character it should be included
Had domino been an average brown haired woman, fine
But her SKIN is FUCKING WHITE
PURE WHITE
NOT CAUCASIAN
WHITE
THE ABSENCE OF COLOR
YOU CANT JUST MAKE IRON MAN BLUE AND BLACK SUIT BECAUSE
>it doesn't matter what he looks like
ITS A MAJOR COMPONENT OF THE DESIGN OVERALL
>>
File: IMG_3527.png (24KB, 360x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3527.png
24KB, 360x720px
>>94880844
>Does Domino's ethnicity, gender, or physical appearance inform who she is?

Actually it kinda does.

Exhibit A: a Domino.
>>
File: IMG_3528.jpg (204KB, 1082x712px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3528.jpg
204KB, 1082x712px
>>94894776
Exhibit B: Domino
>>
File: kurwa.gif (80KB, 288x400px) Image search: [Google]
kurwa.gif
80KB, 288x400px
>>94886072
As a fellow Slav I feel sorry to tell you this, but no one in media gives two shits about us.

It always amazes me that the biggest minority in UK are pollaks but you don't see them raging about lack of representatives in modern movies.
>>
File: IMG_3529.png (113KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3529.png
113KB, 750x1334px
>>94894804
Exhibit C:
>>
>>94894776
Except Dominos come in inverted colors
>>
>>94894888
View exhibit C... it was intended to have the black hood with white face. Domino has black clothes with white face.

The name was specific to her look.
>>
>>94881027
>>94881378
>>94882894
>>94885061
>>>94880141

If they really wanted that Afro to be visible, they could put an afro wig on a helmet and call it a day.
>>
>>94880320
>charm of the character
Being transparent fapbait with a generic tough chick personality is not a charm. She's basically Black Widow with a gimmicky design.
Ironically she pretty much already has the personality that Hollywood hacks love to tack on black women in action movies.
>>
>>94892647
Domino would load her weapon.
>>
>>94894068
By "attractive" I suppose you mean "white looking"
>>
>>94882727
It's not like comics Domino is off white ivory-toned like most actual white dominoes are.
>>
>>94895010
no actually.
I hate mulattoes, if I wanted a white girl there's no shortage.
Black faces can be attractive, I don't know why they cast ugly girls with half white faces instead of either an attractive black or white woman.
>>
>>94895039
> I don't know why
But you do know why. Because they want diversity points without scaring people who want everyone to look American away.
>>
>>94894946
Is Domino any sort of tank? I mean, the character should have a good incentive to be as safe as possible when getting into motorcycle gunfights.
>>
>>94889024
These people look like they're out of Underworld 2. Domino's deisgn wasn't generic when she was created but we had the fucking 2000s since then, when everything was black leather and borderline goth.
Not to say that movie Domino's look is original but I can't hear Evanescence playing when I look at her.
>>
A-AGAIN?
*breath in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...AAAAH AAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
OHH OOH HA-HA MMMN. MNN.
*COFF*
PFFF... PFFF
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>94895088
You're just saying that because she's black. It's the same black leather that's present in all the other X-Men films.
>>
>>94889506
>They were pushing the comic look so much with colossus
But not Ajax, Negasonic or even Blind Al. You should have gotten a clue.
>>
>>94894670
>Make iron mans suit out of tinfoil then you fuckass
You mean out of something that is not Iron? Like during most of his history and in the acclaimed adaptations?
Nonsense!
>>
File: 1483780524805.jpg (19KB, 200x156px) Image search: [Google]
1483780524805.jpg
19KB, 200x156px
>>94883719
god damn i want that comic soo bad..
>>
>>94895129
>It's the same black leather that's present in all the other X-Men films.
That's exactly my complain.
See
>we had the fucking 2000s since then, when everything was black leather and borderline goth.

The black girl has the advantage of not looking she's going to a numetal concert: lack of white facepaint or egregorious amounts of eye liners characteristic of the goth crowd.
And yeah it is because she's black. If the 2000s were full of vitiligo black goth girls with an afro I wouldn't have felt that way, but that's kind of a moot point, because they were full of Domino-looking Kate Becknisale wannabes.

Domino's design is dated as fuck.
>>
>>94895118
Did you really feel your pretend-laugh post was so well crafted you needed to copy-paste it?
>>
>>94894998
I can 100% assure you that those weapons are loaded... Amirite?
>>
>>94895256
Storm was also in those X-Men movies.
>>
>>94889367
memegenerator

kls for posting on 4chan
>>
>>94895309
I'm aware, thank you, and those outfits looked like shit on her.
Are you just trying to pretend you don't get my point or do you really think that Storm (and Catwoman I guess) outweighs a decade of counter-examples?
>>
>>94895348
They looked fine, though the white wig they used in the first movie was terrible.
>>
>>94889327
It is not as bad as Ghostbusters.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 1936x987px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 1936x987px
>>94880355
This
>>
>>94889327
Well first off Halle Berry's character was named Constance or something like that. They didn't even blackwash Selina Kyle in this case.
And even still, race has never been an important part of Selina's character, making her mixed race wouldn't have had any relevance.
>>
Well, I wont be spending my money on this POS movie now. All due to a nigger being cast in the place of one of my favorite comic chars. She white, and should be cast as white.
>>
>>94890900
No need to get butthurt faggot. Rami got spiderman looks right but got his characterization wrong and it was okay. Cavill looks straight up like Superman but he is garbage because of his character.
>>
>>94895860
>one of my favorite comic chars
I'm not sure if it's sadder that you would pretend Domino is one of your favorite characters, or if it would be sadder if she actually was one of your favorite characters.
>>
>>94895884
It is sadder that she is a bad actress but not because she is black.
>>
>>94896131
She's seemed like a good actress in Atlanta. Did you watch that?
>>
>>94889052
>I don't remember complaints when they cast Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury.

The comics "cast" Jackson long before the movies came along. It's like if Osborn was played by Tommy Lee Jones after they drew his likeness
>>
>>94889191
Oh you sweet naive child
>>
>>94890933
Just because it's not popular right now doesn't mean it isn't rad as fuck. It was hugely popular in the 70s, so there's no reason they can't throw back to that.
>>
>>94895812
>And even still, race has never been an important part of Selina's character, making her mixed race wouldn't have had any relevance.
Has it ever been an important part in Domino's?

Or in Johnny Storm's?

Or in Heimdall's?

Or in Nick Fury's?

Or in Tulip O'Hare's?

Or in Flash Thompson's?

Or in Perry White's?

Or in Kingpin's?

I can't think of a single character who has been raceswapped that actually fucking matters, but people still sperg over the slightest change from the source material.
>>
>>94896641
Johnny who is now black, somehow has a white sister. Yes, I guess she's adopted but that changes their relationship quite a bit. Although the movie didn't really acknowledge their relation anyway.
>>
>>94896641
>race is never important when it comes to white characters, only nonwhite characters
Really makes you think.
>>
>>94896337
not him but I dropped atlanta midway through her episode
>>
>>94880844
Get the fuck out of here, you racist faggot.
>>
>>94896728
The only white character that I can think of that matters is Danny Rand, and they kept him white.

What's the issue here?
>>
>>94896683
>somehow has a white sister
>I guess she's adopted
Good job, you answered your own question.

Yeah, that movie sucked, but his race wasn't the problem with it.
>>
>>94896683
I think it's actually pretty fitting considering the F4 are more of a surrogate family than a proper one.
>>
File: Why don't you.jpg (124KB, 561x341px) Image search: [Google]
Why don't you.jpg
124KB, 561x341px
>>94880594
>>
>>94897640
>the F4 are more of a surrogate family than a proper one.

That's really not true for any character but Ben.
>>
>>94897835
And Reed originally. Porking a 15 year old girl doesn't make you related to her.
>>
>>94897856
Marrying someone makes you related to them, dumbshit. A husband and wife are not a "surrogate" family.
>>
>>94881822
Anon, I feel like you're talking out of yor ass here. Domino played a constant role in the Cable and Deadpool series, which is well known by most Deadpool fans. I am kinda disappointed over the look they chose for Domino, but haven't really seen how they'll play out her relationship with Cable. That's what has me worried, more so if they're already taking creative liberties with the character's visual appearance, I feel like this isn't going to be the Domino I grew to enjoy.
>>
>>94898206
>the Cable and Deadpool series, which is well known by most Deadpool fans

>implying the people who buy shirts at Hot Topic have read any comics ever

Deadpool is a meme character. Most Deadpool fans don't even know who Cable is, let alone Domino.
>>
>>94880320
Jews.
>>
>>94891492

oh please you don't give a shit about the stunt-woman all she is to you is ammunition to shitpost about the movie
>>
>>94896804
Fucking scrub, finish the rest. Yeah the diaper shit was nasty but the season finale was great. Don't tell me you missed out on the "Swisher Sweet commercial"?
>>
>>94880320
I don't get why anyone would call the one on the right Domino. She doesn't resemble the black base white dot ones at all.
>>
>>94891709
Imagine Batman, now imagine making a black Batman, now imagine he's got a big afro and no bat ears because the full mask would get in the way.
>>
>>94880320
Htiler was right.
>>
Forget race, where the hell are the VISIBLE NECK MUSCLES
>>
>>94896641
>>94895812

Who cares about Domino's race, when they didn't even make the slightest attempt to make the actress look like Domino?
>>
File: spaceballs-barf.png (914KB, 728x793px) Image search: [Google]
spaceballs-barf.png
914KB, 728x793px
>>94899469

I don't get it either. If anything I could see people calling her Barf.
>>
>>94880320
Because fuck you
>>
File: zazzalbarf.jpg (130KB, 805x450px) Image search: [Google]
zazzalbarf.jpg
130KB, 805x450px
>>94900738
>>
>>94899048
Eat shit faggot. If you can't shitpost about this massive display of incompetence, then you need to go back to your safe space.
>>
>>94896641
>people still sper over the slightest change from the source material
Gee, it's as if recreating the look of the characters from a VISUAL MEDIUM is somehow important to an ADAPTATION. But no, let's make Domino a Misty Knight look-alike and call it a day. Can't be called racist now, can we?
>>
>>94896641
>I can't think of a single character who has been raceswapped that actually fucking matters
This doesn't apply to changing Domino's look anyway, who has a very distinct appearance that some retards in this thread pretend is not true at all
>>
>>94894998
Got a feeling that was taken at a con.
>>
>>94897880
>originally
>>
File: 1372110488089.jpg (16KB, 303x312px) Image search: [Google]
1372110488089.jpg
16KB, 303x312px
>>94880320
I wish she were asian instead.
>>
>>94880594
wouldn't blackpainting make more sense?
>>
>>94880320
It's because they have to have at LEAST one non-white character in there.

Preferably black as well, since blacks are often considered the "diverse" peoples.

It's kinda like this: they want their film to not be entirely white in order to sate the big wigs who desperately want the cast to be somewhat diverse. Last deadpool movie had no "diverse" character so they were probably told by the execs to put in a diverse character. They had to compromise and change the race of Domino here to please them.

Same EXACT thing happened to Valkyrie in Thor:Ragnarok, which is even worse because Valkyrie is exclusively a white thing and everyone knows it. You're not really pleasing blacks by making one of them into something that's NEVER been a part of their culture.

I honestly don't like any of this, but that seems to be the way it is.
>>
>>94880320
Does actress have tits? that's all i reaaaaaaally care about
>>
>>94898206
Domino was pretty forced/shoehorned into that series tbqh and was just an annoying love interest character/plot device for Cable more than anything, it would've been better with less of her. She was a lot cooler in pretty much all the X books she's been in.
>>
>>94880581
Fuck I kind of want to see that just for the shitstorm.
>>
File: creosote_25l[1].jpg (74KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
creosote_25l[1].jpg
74KB, 674x1000px
>>94906466
>>
>>94881056
>america disproportionally depicts minorities in their media
>america is 40% non-white
>complains about 1 raceswapped character out of a 90% + white cast

>WOW LOOK AT ALL THE BLACK, HISPANIC, AND ASIAN MEDIA IN AMERICA

>BETTER COMPLAIN ABOUT IT SOME MORE

>LOOK AT HOW GOOD I AM AT MATH
>>
File: e83d1ddcf5390e811c729febab5fb04e.jpg (213KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
e83d1ddcf5390e811c729febab5fb04e.jpg
213KB, 1080x1350px
>>94880320

Overall, I've decided that the people who make these decisions tend to carefully consider a extreme amount of different factors before raceswapping characters. I've been pleased with the results more often than displeased.

Every time this happens, the outcry is so overdone and hyperbolic that it practically makes raceswapping necessary. Whether it's Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, to all of our favorite comics, the raceswapped characters are always done carefully and reasonably.

I'm not going even complain about how she's written until after I see the final product. What's the point of speculating on how you think a character is written when you have no sample or excerpt from which to make a judgment?

I'm just happy that these execs are smarter and more thoughtful than ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the faggots that complain about these changes. Just look at the track record:
>Ghost in the Shell
Good.
>Death Note
Good.
>the Flash
fan-fucking-tastic.
>Supergirl
don't even pretend jimmy olsen had a bunch of fanboys out there
>legends of tomorrow
Good.

And the list goes on and on. These series have been made more interesting and generated more buzz by these decisions. It's almost as if these racists are helping the industry.

Here on out, I just dun give a fuck. All the haters are going to hate anyway, and many of them just want to complain about shit on the basis of complaining about shit.
>>
>>94907481
>Last deadpool movie had no "diverse" character

Deadpool had a blind, old black woman as his roommate. Try again.

>>94907481
>Same EXACT thing happened to Valkyrie in Thor:Ragnarok, which is even worse because Valkyrie is exclusively a white thing
>You're not really pleasing blacks by making one of them into something that's NEVER been a part of their culture.

It's part of the culture now. Wow, just look how easily things can be rewritten. You think the Jews who write this shit care about who's culture what belongs? Can you people even read the bullshit that you bother to type out?

>>94907481
>I honestly don't like any of this, but that seems to be the way it is.

Cry me a river.
>>
>>94881027
>>94881027
>A woman died for that.

Like stunt doubles have never died on set until someone hired a black stunt double for a raceswapped character.
>>
>>94895555
>>94880355

Yeah, it looks like they tried to give her an actual skin disease that would reasonably explain the discoloration of her skin. Not like it's absolutely necessary, but a pale white chick with a fucking humongous black spot around her eye doesn't represent any skin disease that actually exists. Domino's canonical appearance isn't makeup either, so I can see why the decision was made to treat her character like this if only to make her a bit more realistic.
>>
>>94881392
'Suddenly I'm completely okay with nuDomino
>>
>>94909106
You know domino is a mutant because she looks like one. It was always an issue. This doesn't do the same justice to it. It's like having beast be white because people don't turn blue. There's no justifying it.
>>
>>94908953
>The past can be rewritten
Having future valkeries be black can work having valkeries always be black is just whitewashing or black washing. However you want to phrase it. It's disgusting that you can't just find black characters instead of raceswaping.
>>
>>94909607
>>94909607

The valkyrie mythos was adapted when Marvel comics created these characters you fucking turd. It's adapted whenever some outside group decides to use the baseline of the mythos for their own stories and scenarios. The creative talent doesn't have to keep every detail the same and they NEVER DO.

>>94909607
>It's disgusting that you can't just find black characters instead of raceswaping.

You're disgusting, and the problem is not "raceswapping" characters. It's been the overwhelming lack of diversity to begin with.
>>
>>94909607
>having valkeries always be black
Nothing indicates that all valkyries in the MCU have to be black.
Also there were non-white Valkyries in Marvel comics like 25 years ago already.

People who whine about races in MCU Thhor based on mythology rather than comics really need to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>94909651
No, there are black characters. they sjut never use them because they want notable characters instead of organically weaving minor characters into bigger roles. Go fuck yourself tumblr. I'm tired of you justifying lazy raceswaps.
>>
>>94883239
>we need someone to play someone with a 6'4" supermodel body
>i got you senpai
>>
>>94909670
Please, I fucking know dani became a valkyrie. that's new. It's also not going to happen. What's going to happen is the black valkyrie is going to act like she's been there forever. even the older comics were smarter about this than recent ones. most civilizations were not multicultural. there' nothing wrong with admitting it.
>>
>>94909693

You fucks are insufferable. You think the same lazy af industry that rehash the same (white) characters for decades will just automatically introduce their obscure black characters because diversity? They took the shortest route between two points.

>go fuck yourself tumblr

well, tumblr can go fuck themselves because i'm not tumblr. if you're going to insult someone, you may want to accurately pinpoint the object of your insults. i could give two fucks about tumblr.
>>
>>94889098
Everyone since Deadpool made a shitload of money and X-Force is going to be a movie even though it hasn't been popular in 20 years.
>>
>>94909795
You certainly sound like tumblr the way you justify this laziness. i'm cuban and you don't fucking see me complaining about representation.
>>
>>94909762
The fuck are you on about. They're not pretending ancient Norway was full of black people.
>>
>>94909832
Thank fucking God, there's like 5 million of you fags in the world and you're everywhere in American media.
>>
>>94909832
>i'm cuban
>you don't see me complaining about representation

yes, the cuban american who's family has probably been in america for no more than 2 generations wants to believe they've some equivalency regarding representation to a group that's been here since the america's founding.

you probably identify with whites anyway. why on earth would anyone care to represent you?
>>
>>94908926
>Ghost in the Shell
Shit adaptation that nobody wanted. Flop that loses more than 50 million
>Death Note
Already getting ravaged in reviews. Another blow for Netflix
>The Flash
>Supergirl
>LoT
Still headlined by white guys and gals. Also, we're going to pretend these are making huge dosh? Come on. Let me add another one:
>Dark Tower
Flop.
So you can be all "Well I don't give a fuck and all of you losers are beneath me" but at the end of the day people who complain about shit are more entertaining and have more influence than some anon trying to place himself above it all in a Mongolian rice cooking board .
>>
>>94909858
Yeah seriously, these are aliens that just so happen to share our skin colors.
>>
>>94909890
>Black people matter more because despite not doing much since america's founding they whine more
Yeah okay.
>>
>>94909795
>It's been the overwhelming lack of diversity to begin with
Can anyone be more pathetic than to demand diversity in the land of make-believe?
>raceswap established characters because there are no one bothered to make interesting black characters that people are confident in
Oh, there we go
>>
>>94909927
>not doing much since america's founding
>blacks
>literally enslaved
>supporting every agricultural industry in the us with free labor producing all manner of wealth for the economy without their descendants having anything to show for it

i guess that why slavery happens, right? everyone knows slaves don't do anything. i'm sure the founders were like "hey, we need to enslave these people to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING."

Not to mention all the social movements that have made America a more just society that was spearheaded by black activists who put their lives on the line while cunts like you pretend the status quo was inevitable.
>>
So I think I'd be fine with domino being black as long as she still looked like domino, as in being an unnatural white skin tone.
>>
>>94909992
I'm part cuban part italian. my family on both sides never had anything to do with slavery so go fuck yourself. irish, chinese and other immigrants came here, got the shit beat out of them and worked hard to get out of it. Chinese were fucking killed by both whites and blacks and you don't see them in the same situation black americans are in.
>>
>>94909992
>Slaves
Literally outdated farm equipment. If people back then knew they would shit the country so much in the future they would've just sent them back to Africa rather than deal with their whiny asses.
>Social movements
You really think these would have been successful without the white man's consent? Face it. Black people got as far ahead as they did in America because white people were kind enough to allow it
>>
>>94909992
You severely overestimate the importance or usefulness of black people. Given how much white slave owners actually existed, it's fucking ridiculous to assume that white people couldn't have picked up the slack if they didn't have slaves to begin with. And if they did, then you wouldn't have violent retards today shitting up the country and going on riots whenever some criminal of the same skin color gets shot.
>>
>>94884264
100% this!
I'm not mad she isn't "white", I'm mad she isn't literally WHITE.
>>
>Her skin color isn't important because no one gives a shit about Domino anyway
>We can't use an actual black character from the comics because no one will know who they are
You fuckers can't even get your stories straight. This isn't Facebook, you cowards. No one's going to call you racist here
>>
>>94910063
>my family on both sides never had anything to do with slavery

never said that you did, idiot, but it's even more to my point about why your dumbass shouldn't equivocate yourselves with americans that have been here since its founding. all the other nonsense you've offered up is irrelevant because unlike the chinese, irish (specific ethnicities within a racial group) blacks don't have that luxury. the slave trade divorced them from their original societies, culture, and heritage. all they have is what exists here and for the broad majority of american society's stint, they've been denied equal participation in everything.

>>94910063
>slaves
>literally outdated farm equipment

just like the farmer, right?

>>94910063
>You really think these would have been successful without the white man's consent?

Their consent? They fought it tooth and nail, but the difference was that many of them understood that injustice couldn't be tolerated lest they condone it themselves. They came to realize how worthless an endeavor like the enlightenment movement for everyone would be if they didn't believe those ideas existed universally across the whole of mankind. Once you start making exceptions from the rule, then it all down hill for everyone.
>>
>>94910244
you clearly know nothing about history if you think being a non-native white person or asian wasn't shitty in the 1900's. you make it sound like black people were the only ones who had any issues in america.
>>
>>94910244
>waah muh slaves
Eat shit bitch. If you don't like it, go back to your original societies. Or go to Libya. No one's forcing you to stay here. See how well that works for you
>They fought it tooth and nail
And if white people were as racist as blacks like to claim they are, they would've just rounded them up to be shot. But no, black people can't help themselves.
>>
>>94910244
>just like the farmer, right?
Well, seeing as black people are more content in shooting other blacks for wearing different colors than actually being farmers, I'd say farmers and modern farm equipment are more useful than some slaves with a short shelf life. Also, side note:
>Zimbabwe kills its white farmers, proceed to starve to death
>Parts of South Africa commits white genocide, many starve to death.
>>
>>94910244
>shouldn't equivocate yourselves with americans that have been here since its founding
>blacks don't have that luxury
Asians don't have an advantage in America because they weren't slaves in the past. They prospered because they were willing to follow the rules and take advantage of the fact that America let's you be the best you can be. Blacks (and Latinos, to a lesser extent) are given easier requirements to get into places like Medical Schools, for fuck's sake, while Asians continue to be penalized IN THE PRESENT DAY. You don't see them whining about shit. You know why? Because they can at least appreciate the opportunity of being in America, and work hard for it. Unlike a certain group of people who don't want to leave this supposedly racist country that keeps them down.
>>
>>94910306
>>94910306
>you make it sound like black people were the only ones who had any issues in america.

i'm not saying that AT ALL. it's been a rough ride for non-whites of course, but you practically denigrate, deny, and make meaningless the experiences of people who saw the worst that america had to offer and ask "why are they seeking to participate in these things and stories that many of them would like to positively influence in some way?" i'm not saying that other groups haven't seen worse, but why should any group limit themselves to the aspirations or limitations of others?

>durr cubans don't seek representation

well, i guess that's their problem then.

>>94910312
>waah if you don't like what's happening you should leave
>a fictional character gets raceswapped
>waaah i'm gonna stay here and complain about it using racist pejoratives and insults

i don't know a raceswapped character turns into all this, but you cunts find a way, don't you?
>>
>>94910437
>bla bla bla

if asians came over here without an established history, language, or culture then they might be comparable to blacks who have had to piece together all of that shit while being conditioned to hate themselves and be hated.
>>
>>94910459
>waaah i'm gonna stay here and complain about it using racist prejoratives and insults
And what's wrong with that? I'm not allowed to express my opinion in an anonymous image board now?
>>
>>94910504

you can do whatever you want, but your comments reflective of your weak intellect.
>>
>>94910482
>blacks who have had to piece together all of that shit while being conditioned to hate themselves and be hated
Blacks really do love overinflating their "struggle", huh? That's why we have the Japanese complaining that their ancestors were treated as the enemy during World War 2 every day. Oh wait
>>
>>94887552
>aesthetic trumps writing
Do do you just lap up Bendis shit every time he ends up with a good artist?
>>
>>94910482
>while being conditioned to hate themselves and be hated.
Africans have always hated on one another for centuries. The continent is no happy family by any means.
>>
>>94910482
Established history and culture and shit has fuck all to do with success. Success is built by your work ethic, discipline, and personal responsibility. These things aren't limited to a race of people or any culture, so fuck off with the culture bullshit.
>>
>>94910522
>but your comments reflective of your weak intellect
Says the dumbass who can't even type properly and has to pretend that blacks have it bad even when being pandered to like children to justify his idiotic argument.
>>
>>94910529
>overinflating their struggle
>overinflating their struggle

i'm sorry, but nothing comparable to /pol/ exists on this site for blacks. you can't even begin to make the comparison, cunt. your comments are "overinflated". your entire effort right now is overinflated.
>>
>>94910459
>equating complaints about diversity quotas in films with ungrateful shits constantly asking for gibs
Fucking lol
>>
>>94910543

this isn't africa just like europe isn't americas. stop trying to draw parallels where there are none.
>>
>>94910560
>but nothing comparable to /pol/ exists on this site for blacks
Sure it does. It's called /co/mblr.
>>
>>94910560
It's not their fault that the poor 'ol darkie doesn't bother defending himself when /pol/tards bring out hard statistics about their failed race or their race's lack of historical acheivements
>>
>>94910560
They have /pol/, you idiot. It's not like black people aren't allowed to access it. If you mean you want a board that's only for black people, then you can fuck right off the nearest cliff.
>>
>>94910545
>culture has nothing to do with success says the same cunts who place the blame on black culture for all of their inadequacies

yeah, sure. culture has nothing to do with anything until you say it does, right?
>>
>>94910572
You say that black people were conditioned into hating one another, implying they DIDN'T hate one another before.
>>
>>94910560
So, you came to a place that never promised you the freedom to discuss shit but didn't promise you a free safe space, and you refuse to leave anyway? Does that sound familiar to you?
>>
>>94910597
Well, if black people put more focus in developing a stable family, obeying the law, and education instead of making it in basketball, football, or in the music industry, then they would have less problems now won't they?
>>
>>94910554
>>94910554

i could randomly bang my hands against my keyboard and inadvertently still type out a more coherent argument than you.
>>
>>94910560
>asking for a safe space
Can you people, just for once, stop yourselves from asking for gibs? You're shitting up the board more than it already is
>>
>>94910653
>ends his "argument" with "I'm smarter than you"
Lol. I can see that you failed to address the stupidity of you comparing 4chan posts from black people asking for free shit. No argument for that, huh, smart guy?
>>
>>94910643
>if blacks did x while having no power to determine y then everything would work out for the best, wouldn't it?

only in your white supremacist fantasies.
>>
>>94910685
>while having no power
The only fantasy here is the one you have of an America that doesn't pander to blacks and denies them their freedom. But I understand it's easier to blame whitey when you're just a lazy sack of shit.
>>
>>94910597
Prove that culture has anything to do with it in the US.
>>
>>94910482
>bla bla bla
Sure is convenient to ignore the rest of the post that rekts your shit.
>if asians came over here without an established history, language, or culture then they might be comparable to blacks who have had to piece together all of that shit while being conditioned to hate themselves and be hated.
They were treated as the enemy in the past, retard. Meanwhile, slave owners fed and cleaned their slaves. Even fought other slave owners for disrespecting their slaves. Bet you didn't learn that while jerking of to Django Unchained and swallowing all the bullshit Hollywood feeds down your throat.
>>
>>94880320
My dick doesn't care.
>>
Reminder that the transition of African-Americans into a high trust society came to a screeching halt in the 1990s and has since started to reverse. If you want to blame someone for the collapse of black society blame Snoop Dogg.
>>
>>94910658
>>94910614
>>94910595
>>94910590
>>94910573

There's so much cognitive dissonance in all of these posts, it's not even worth responding to besides saying only this.

>>94910610
>>94910610

new society, a new set of rules, new values. the case could've been the same in regard to each individual tribe blacks were abducted from- but it wasn't the same. and again, blacks have no memory of that history any way. that historical knowledge wasn't allowed, so america was an entirely new beginning for the blacks that remained here similar to the beginnings of blacks scattered throughout the diaspora.

>>94910802
>>94910802
>Sure is convenient to ignore the rest of the post that rekts your shit.

yeah, sure it does.

>>94910802
>slave owners fed and cleaned their slaves. Even fought other slave owners for disrespecting their slaves.

they even raped their slaves and killed them too. it's like when you hate letting other people borrow your favorite videogame but you do it anyway, and when they finally return it, it's dirty, broken, and about 9 months pregnant.
>>
Ugh, it's not even that good of a spot. It's like a dalmatian's spot.
>>
>>94880320
The mark on her left eye looks stupid they should've made it pitch black.
>>
>>94910869
So I guess nobody trusted Obama. Must be how he got 2 terms. Makes sense.
>>
>>94910932
>There's so much cognitive dissonance in all of these posts, it's not even worth responding to besides saying only this
>I have no arguments, so I'll just pretend these are all shit then repeat the same argument that already got blown the fuck out
Just give it up bro. You even repeated the same bullshit argument, for fuck's sake.
>abloo bloo bloo, the people who got separated from their shit culture where they would have been slaves anyway and now live in America have it bad
How pathetic
>>
>>94910932
>that historical knowledge wasn't allowed, so america was an entirely new beginning for the blacks that remained here similar to the beginnings of blacks scattered throughout the diaspora.
Are blacks subhumans? Is having a "new beginning" too much for their tiny brains to make the most out of it?
>>
>>94910932
>new society, a new set of rules, new values. the case could've been the same in regard to each individual tribe blacks were abducted from- but it wasn't the same. and again, blacks have no memory of that history any way. that historical knowledge wasn't allowed, so america was an entirely new beginning for the blacks that remained here similar to the beginnings of blacks scattered throughout the diaspora.
I'm sure glad amerilards gave my country full of convicts separated from their country aid so that we won't fail as the African Americans did. Oh wait.
>>
>>94910932
>that historical knowledge wasn't allowed
I don't get it. What would people from Africa living in America benefit from in knowing their history? It would just send them spiraling into depression knowing that their ancestors lived in one of the most resource-rich continents on the planet with nothing to show for it except getting out staged by people who lived in conditions that would literally kill them if they didn't have good enough clothing or shelter.
>>
>>94911000
>>94911050
>>94911077

wow, you guys totally aren't racist or biased. blacks have just been blowing everything out of proportion since the very beginning.

why even bother describing in detail the efforts of racists against the struggles of blacks when it's on full display right here? it's perplexing to read these comments and realize the people harboring such sentiment absolutely cannot see the contradiction in their efforts. it's so obvious.

>niggers overinflate their struggles and i'm not racist but niggers niggers NIGGERS...

the truth is that blacks aren't over inflating anything, in fact, the opposite is more likely the case.
>>
>>94910932
Then let's hear it champ. Shouldn't be too hard to bust us down, right?
>>
>>94911324
>abloo bloo bloo you people are just RACIST
Doesn't change the fact that your arguments suck ass and just perpetuate the belief that black people revel in their victim hood status. No one even used the word "nigger" in those posts but here you are, putting words in other people's mouths because it's easier to ignore their arguments and just pretend they're irrational racists.
>>
>>94911440
>just perpetuate the belief that black people revel in their victim hood status
>no one used the word nigger

but they faithfully adhere to and announced every stereotype one could have about black people.

>no one used the word nigger
i guess useless farm equipment isn't a terrible substitution, right?

>>94911440
>Doesn't change the fact that your arguments suck ass

How can that be when you're validating everything I've said? You don't realize it, but you are. That's why this is a pointless exercise. If you're going to argue about this with me, try to be more knowledgeable and don't pretend that the last 40 or 50yrs of american society, wholly defines the experiences of either the black or white populations.
>>
>>94911548
>If you're going to argue about this with me, try to be more knowledgeable and don't pretend that the last 40 or 50yrs of american society, wholly defines the experiences of either the black or white populations
I love how you basically ignored the fact that your arguments got torn apart and go with "I'm smarter than you, so shut up". The posts are just up there. You're not fooling anyone
>>
>>94911617

why are you steadily responding to me? do you like announcing how wrong you are that much?
>>
>>94911639
>why are you steadily responding to me?
Does it bother you that I'm not swallowing the bullshit you're trying to peddle?
>>
>>94911661

Not really. You've swallowed enough bullshit for the two of us already. I don't expect much from you.
>>
>>94911324
Oh just fuck right off, m8. Black people are THE most priveleged group in America right now. Allowed to riot when a black criminal gets shot for assaulting a police officer? Check. Get to complain about diversity when the upper echelons of American government is disproportionately filled with black people? Check. Given a bigger microphone to protest against law enforcement while still committing disproportionately more crime? Check. Diversity quotas? Check. Too bad for you, you're not talking to people afraid to get shut down with the racist card.
>>
>>94911682
That's fine. You know deep down how wrong you are anyway, as evidenced by the constant evading of everything said about your perpetual cries of victimhood and educating your own ignorant ass about history. But keep pretending otherwise. It might help stop the tears.
>>
>>94911736
Why don't you fucking discuss your points instead of resorting to defaming the opposition?
>>
>>94911751
The posts are right up there moron. I'm not going to repeat shit just because some tard keeps repeating "Well you're wrong and I'm right because you're a racist and blah blah blah I'm smart". There's a lot of unanswered posts up there with question marks, btw.
>>
>>94911751
>keeps repeating the same "Black people have no HISTORY" shit over and over
>expects a long rebuttal
You don't fight such a shitty argument so thoroughly, anon.
>>
>>94911798
Lol shit, mate. Clicked on the wrong post. Apologies there.
>>
>>94889367
this img has to be ironic
>>
Clearly there's a lot of pent up hatred in this thread that has very little to do with casting.
>>
>Open thread
>expecting /co/mblr to rush to the defense of a casting made by the same people who thought it was a good idea to use an inexperienced stuntwoman just because she was black
>people actually complaining about the poor choice
I'm proud of you /co/. I know we'll never get our preferred Dominoes like in >>94889024, but it's still great to see people passionate enough about the comics they read to reject shitty ideas obviously for the sake of diversity. We DON'T have to defend millionaires who push this shit
>>
>>94880320
Domino is supposed to look like a goth chick. How is this goth?
>>
File: 1501446946665.png (659KB, 861x487px) Image search: [Google]
1501446946665.png
659KB, 861x487px
>Cast black person in a role.
>Blatantly mishandle the role itself, either when it comes to portrayal, acting, or makeup.
>Any complaints about the character for any non-racial reason get swept up in a typhoon of shitty racial politics, people calling genuine criticism racism, and actual racism.
>The shittiest people are always the loudest, so they're also the ones that get addressed in the resulting stream of clickbait articles on the subject.
>Because of this, the producers never have to face any actual repercussions for their shitty decisions unless the movie is just so fucking abysmal across the board that it crashes and burns in the box office, because they can use race issues as a shroud for their mistakes.

Every fucking time. I hate Hollywood.
>>
>>94911702
>most priviledged group in the US

>whites
>face weaker sentencing for crimes despite committing them more frequently than brown or black ppl

CHECK

>whites riot without repercussions and openly carry and display firearms in public without risk of getting shot

CHECK

>can use the threat of force, openly targeting federal agents with sniper rifles when they're stealing the use of federal properties (Cliven Bundy standoff)

CHECK

>white communities are policed less than brown/black communities for illegal activities

CHECK

>preferential treatment by employers despite having criminal backgrounds/records

CHECK

>1 black senator (republican) in congress yet can complain about blacks having disproportionate representation and be taken seriously

CHECK

>can't tell the difference between wanting absolute power and representative power

CHECK

>act like blacks are privileged even though blacks have a net worth of about 2% of that of their white counterpart and be taken seriously

CHECK

>complain for the sake of complain and be taken seriously

CHECK

>says they're not racist and be taken seriously

CHECK
>>
>>94911989

>whites riot without repercussions

When?
>>
File: Domino_Comics.jpg (182KB, 1082x712px) Image search: [Google]
Domino_Comics.jpg
182KB, 1082x712px
>>94880320
I just fucking the retarded afro.

Every black lady now just HAS TO HAVE AFRO. Why?

Domino sometimes had shoulder length hair, but she is one of the toppest short hair cuties. And actress they picked seems like she'd look fine with short hair.

And she better take that Communist metal schlong in the movie so deep she wouldn't be able to walk for 3 days. Make that a plot point.

>>94911859
Stop calling everyone just haters, you are just making a bigger ass out of yourself.

A lot of people just have legitimate problem taking in such a drastically different vision for a character that they fell in love with in VISUAL MEDIA.

And besdies, people would start complaining if you change Odin's bird from ravens to fucking eagles too.
>Hurr durr, they both birbs, so what's the problem?!
>>
>>94912016

how do you think all those lynchings occurred by the civil rights movement? hell, the organizers of those groups that conducted lynchings held office in state governments.

even now, whites can openly have hate marches. not that the government should do anything about it, but it can be seen as threatening to the people they are attempting to antagonize.
>>
>>94912058

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the year 2017, not over half a century ago.

The whole "hate march" thing isn't rioting either.
>>
>>94912058
Moot point about the marches. Look at blm. They do the same shit, so that's a level field.
>>
>>94911989
>face weaker sentencing for crimes despite committing them more frequently than brown or black ppl
Fucking lol. Blacks are more likely to be repeat offenders, you moron. Guess what happens to your sentence when you get caught again
>whites riot without repercussions
You misspelled "blacks" there. Ferguson, anyone?
>can use the threat of force, openly targeting federal agents with sniper rifles when they're stealing the use of federal properties (Cliven Bundy standoff)
Yes, that's why there was no armed response to the standoff. Fucking moron. Also, didn;t a black dude kill several police officers because "muh BLM"?
>white communities are policed less than brown/black communities for illegal activities
You mean black neighborhoods that want to police their own neighborhoods and give the DA headaches because they won't report crimes like they should as upstanding citizens? Lol
>preferential treatment by employers
Diversity quota. As you can see by the topic of this thread
>1 black senator (republican) in congress yet can complain about blacks having disproportionate representation and be taken seriously
1 black president, TWO black attorney generals, the embarrassment known as Cummings in the senate. And every black mayor ever. Also, what the fuck do you expect with representation if you're still a minority in the country?
>can't tell the difference between wanting absolute power and representative power
Source on that, kiddo
>complain for the sake of complain and be taken seriously
As opposed to complain then riot if you don't get gibs?
>says they're not racist and be taken seriously
As opposed to being pampered and still cry racism, then expect to be taken seriously? Get rekt, bitch
>>
>>94912016
>>94912115
>>94912118

>hate marches

think about what would happen if sympathizers of ISIS decided to have their hate marches.

>>94912118
>look at blm

not organized around hate even if haters and rioters decide to show up.

>>94912115
>>94912115
>I thought we were talking about the year 2017

it's all relative to you, isn't it? we're talking about privileged groups here.
>>
>not organized around hate
BLM literally got its start defending a fucking criminal who deserved to get shot. No one's going to believe it's about "equality" and "justice"
>>
>>94912165
Remember where they were constantly calling for dead cops, and assaulting white people, and committing crimes against whites? No? Not ringing a bell?
>>
>>94912165

>think about what would happen if sympathizers of ISIS decided to have their hate marches.

It'd probably wind up going about as well as the Charlottesville one, including having an obligatory car attack.
>>
>>94911989
Hey, faggot. If life is so bad in America, can I take your place? I mean, they do allow you to leave, right? I'm sure they'll appreciate someone who's not a whiny little bitch who can't get enough handouts and has the AUDACITY to claim victimhood.
>>
>>94912058
Nigga, let me tell you something, I am not American, but whole outside world laughs at Americans for claims like these.

I dare you, I double dare you to somehow provoke a white man to a fight in front of the officer of the law and not get him in serious trouble for that.

Justice is blind to the color of skin, to gender although women are far more privileged when it comes to divorces, jobs and education and when some guy gets free for some illegal activity, it's most likely because he bribed officers of the law, not because there is super sekret kabal of evil white guys who look out for each other.

Money is the only form of privilege that at time trumps even the law.
>>
>>94912222

Remember that time a BLM-sympathetic black supremacist killed five cops in Dallas?
>>
>>94911989
>This fucking delusion
It's ok, other black people. I'm not hateful enough to assume all of you are this retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 690x596px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 690x596px
>>94880320
As someone who has never read anything with this character number two is way way cuter. Also I'm very happy when people who get pissy about non-white people in their stories are offended, so that's fun too.
>>
>>94912222
>>94912256
Remember that time when two police officers got shot point blank in their car because of a black guy's death that they weren't even involved in?
>>
>>94912256
Sure do. He injured, what, 7 others?
>>
>>94912309

You have shit taste in hairstyles.
>>
>>94912143
>>94912143
>Blacks are more likely to be repeat offenders, you moron. Guess what happens to your sentence when you get caught again

nice moving the goal post, but what i stated was representative of first time offenders as well.

>>94912143
>You misspelled "blacks" there. Ferguson, anyone?

there have been more white riots in america historically than anything comparable to those conducted by blacks

>>94912143
>You mean black neighborhoods that want to police their own neighborhoods and give the DA headaches because they won't report crimes like they should as upstanding citizens?

>oh here's my anecdote

>>94912143
>1 black president, TWO black attorney generals, the embarrassment known as Cummings in the senate. And every black mayor ever.

>oh here's my OTHER anecdote!

you're still bitching about nothing and expecting to be taken seriously.
>>
>>94912222
>>94912256
>>94912310
Remember that time a black criminal busted a Latino dude's head against the pavement, ruined the Latino's life, then got a degree in aeronautics post-mortem?
>>
>>94912405
>There have been more white riots in america historically
None as destructive as when blacks do it. Surprise, whites have more sense NOT to destroy property that they live in just to get free shit from their neighbors.
>oh here's my anecdote
As opposed to what? You're anecdote? Oh wait, check this out:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8jqCQQUoc
Get rekt again.
>1 black president, TWO black attorney generals, the embarrassment known as Cummings in the senate. And every black mayor ever.
>oh here's my OTHER anecdote!
Fucking lol. Do you even know what an anecdote is?
>>
>>94912405
>anecdote
Jesus Christ, you're dumb. Does the name Obama ring a bell? Lynch? Holder? You are not making a great case if you keep using words you don't even understand. Or maybe you're just ignorant of who the last president of the United States was?
>>
>>94912436
Lol, remember a town called Ferguson?

Mounds of evidence and people still say blm is non-violent.
>>
don't forget a stuntwoman died because of affirmative action here.
diversity literally killed a black woman
>>
>>94912507
>>94912507
>>94912548

>>1 black president, TWO black attorney generals, the embarrassment known as Cummings in the senate. And every black mayor ever.
>>oh here's my OTHER anecdote!
>Fucking lol. Do you even know what an anecdote is?

you're trying to say your example is representative of american society as a whole and it's a fucking joke. yeah, it may as well be anecdotal.

>trey gowdy
>blm

it's crazy that a simple, innocuous, inherently true phrase like "black lives matter" could be distorted and used by hating pieces of shit like you cunts.
>>
>>94912548
Apparently being selected by people and government as president of only country in the world that is superpower means nothing. White man still keeps the brother down!
>>
>>94912222
>>94912256
>>94912310
>>94912436
Remember that time when black people kidnapped a mentally handicapped white guy, beat the shit out of him, made him drink toilet water, then recorded all of it. then everyone in the media stressed that this was not an excuse to be outraged once they got caught?
>>
>>94912587
>you're trying to say your example is representative of american society as a whole and it's a fucking joke. yeah, it may as well be anecdotal.
Well it is if it ACTUALLY happened. You really don't know what an anecdote is, holy shit. Keep embarrassing yourself, my good man
>it's crazy that a simple, innocuous, inherently true phrase like "black lives matter" could be distorted and used by hating pieces of shit like you cunts.
It's crazy that a movement that rose up in response to dumb criminals getting shot would not be taken seriously.
>>
>>94912587
>you're trying to say your example is representative of american society as a whole and it's a fucking joke
The only joke here is you. A black man was, for 8 years, one of the most powerful men on Earth, and you STILL cry racism. You are so pathetic I can't even find the best word to describe you.
>>
>>94912595
And yet the media fucking NEVER tells minorities not to riot, or even that they shouldn't break the fucking law. All it does is excuse bad behavior. They just perpetuate this violent victim hood narrative.
>>
Anyways, bringing this shit back to the original topic, this is why we hate Hollywood. It's run by people who don't care about the integrity of the source material. They're just far left activists who try to push their agenda and narrative into every fucking facet of every hobby. It's an invasive and totalitarian ideology and it has no business interjecting itself into all of our hobbies such as comics, tv, games, etc.
>>
>>94912405
>you're still bitching about nothing and expecting to be taken seriously.
Says the retard who keeps complaining about racism even while whitey keeps giving him free shit. Face it, fuckface. Unless you get off your ass and make something out of yourself, white people will always look down on you.
>>
>>94912640

You're trying to depict a black president, 1 out of 45 presidents in america's history, as representative of a trend of black presidents or privileges without acknowledging it's inverse (white presidents) as privileged or representative of a trend is complete bullshit and an irrational assertion.

>>94912673
>>94912673
>A black man was, for 8 years, one of the most powerful men on Earth, and you STILL cry racism.

Either you lack self-awareness or any trace of the ability to comprehend what you're been reading, but the joke here is obviously a bunch of racists who don't know that they're racists.
>>
Russian here. I usually visit /co/ to talk about comics and sperg about live action shit, but here are my two cents on this /pol/ shit that's been going on in this thread: stop fucking shaming people for their ancestors possibly being slave owners IF YOU NEVER EXPERIENCED SLAVERY. Slavery is dead in the West, West is the best, it's most progressive country in the world and quite frankly this behavior is nothing short of regress.

And stop accusing Russians for Hillary sucking dicks, she was awful candidate and a walking corpse. Russians can't learn fucking proper English, let alone coding.
>>
>>94912860
>You're trying to depict a black president, 1 out of 45 presidents in america's history, as representative of a trend of black presidents or privileges without acknowledging it's inverse (white presidents) as privileged or representative of a trend is complete bullshit and an irrational assertion.
If whites were truly racist, then you wouldn't have a black president to begin with. You realize how retarded you sound? You're taking Obama's presidency and actually using it as evidence of racism. It's not enough for you until everyone is black in America and it all goes to shit, huh?
>>
>>94912860
>Either you lack self-awareness or any trace of the ability to comprehend what you're been reading
Nice projection there.
>Obama gets elected, then re-elected
>IT'S NOT ENOUGH
Stop whining.
>>
File: 1234.png (649KB, 569x542px) Image search: [Google]
1234.png
649KB, 569x542px
>>94892712
>>
>>94912860
Obama being elected fucking proves that black man can be elected as single most powerful man in the world if he shows he has merit to be that.

What you are asking for is straight up tokenism.
>>
>>94912940

i'm not saying all whites are racist. i'm saying you cunts are racists and there are plenty of racists to go around. this isn't a difficult equation.

>>94912972
well, domino's getting blacked bitch. stop complaining.
>>
>>94912992
>i'm not saying all whites are racist. i'm saying you cunts are racists and there are plenty of racists to go around. this isn't a difficult equation.
Well fuck me for expecting more from a race that demands equality. You don't take children seriously if they keep doing stupid shit just because they demand it, now, do you? How do you think I'll react to some asshole pretending to be a victim when he's receiving special treatment already?
>>
>>94912986
>What you are asking for is straight up tokenism.

Obama being elected proved that a black person could be elected at that point in time- there's not enough evidence to suggest that racism disappeared because of it, that there wouldn't be a resurgence in racism because of it, or that electing another black president will happen.

>What you are asking for is straight up tokenism.

I wasn't aware that I was asking for anything.

>merit

because the election of donald trump proves that americans are focused on merits. pft.
>>
>>94911859

agreed, but /co/ has let the /pol/acks run rampant it seems. i remember when i wouldn't have had to argue against the cunts all by my lonesome, but now they're everywhere. although, i spend most of my time on /pol/, i'd usually come here just to get away that shit to see the more exceptional side of humanity.

that has changed ...
>>
>>94913181
>I wasn't aware that I was asking for anything.
Can you just fuck off? You literally typed this stupid shit:
>Obama being elected proved that a black person could be elected at that point in time- there's not enough evidence to suggest that racism disappeared because of it, that there wouldn't be a resurgence in racism because of it, or that electing another black president will happen.
Because it's not enough for you. You want MORE. Everyone can see it.
>because the election of donald trump proves that americans are focused on merits. pft.
Of course you hate Donald Trump. You hate a successful man who made a billion dollars out of a million dollar loan. You hate him because he didn't ask for shit. He didn't cry victim when he was working his businesses. The idea of a man like that just irritates your privileged ass.
>>
>>94913259
>i remember when i wouldn't have had to argue against the cunts all by my lonesome, but now they're everywhere. although, i spend most of my time on /pol/, i'd usually come here just to get away that shit to see the more exceptional side of humanity.
What is this fruity shit? Stop making yourself look like this thoughtful and deep person and realize where the fuck you are. It's embarrassing and cringey as fuck. When did 4chan get invaded by faggots, holy shit
>>
>>94913259
>i'd usually come here just to get away that shit to see the more exceptional side of humanity.
HAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>94913181
Racism will never stop being a thing, and you accusing people of it will never help make it better. Thought police doesn't and shouldn't exist.

And you bringing up completely useless statistics that doesn't prove anything is inadvertently asking for more blacks as presidents regardless of merit.

And Trump is a far lesser evil than crooked Hillary, and quite frankly, a lot of people sided with him because of people like you who keep accusing people of racism and claiming that it will never disappear is a problem. Racism in this day and age is only a problem when crime occurs, thoughtcrimes aren't a thing because all liberals who have wet dreams of assassinating Trump would've been in jail by now
>>
>>94913290
>>94913290
>Of course you hate Donald Trump. You hate a successful man who made a billion dollars out of a million dollar loan. You hate him because he didn't ask for shit. He didn't cry victim when he was working his businesses. The idea of a man like that just irritates your privileged ass.

>he didn't ask for shit
he got a 40 million dollar loan from his daddy

>he didn't cry victim
have you seen his twitter feed?

please. i don't like donald trump because he's ignorant. he knows business and that's all well and good, but presidents like our founders were more like philosopher kings. they were inventors, knowledgeable about history, art, science, and government. viewing the whole and all of its parts together while understanding their machinations with clarity of thought and purpose. trump is none of those things. he's a braggart and a fraud. he deserves to be condemned by the world but especially by americans.
>>
>>94913444
>he got a 40 million dollar loan from his daddy
He got 1 mil. Even if he got 40 mil, that's still smaller than 3 fucking billion
>have you seen his twitter feed?
Where he makes fun of the media for talking shit?
>i don't like donald trump because he's ignorant
Keep stroking that ego. He's a multi-billionaire that is now the president of the United States. You're just some dumb shitposter with delusions of how smart he really is. People like you are the reason why Trump is still in power. Too arrogant to see the bigger picture
>>
>>94913444
>all that word diarrhea
Lemme guess, high school?
>>
>>94913444
>i don't like donald trump because he's ignorant.
Then what does that make Hillary, and by extension, those who voted for her? :^)
>>
>>94909547
>It's like having beast be white because people don't turn blue. There's no justifying it.

But, that's... literally what happens in the comic. Mutation DIDN'T turn beast blue. Mutation just made him a big white guy with big hands and feet.

Unregulated, ill advised genetic testing turned him blue and furry.
>>
>>94913181
>because the election of donald trump proves that americans are focused on merits. pft.
>falling for the lies of the man in the TV
Grow up, boy
>>
>>94880320
It's the fucking afro that's killing me. I'd accept a black Domino fine. In fact, making it vitiglio is actually kind of genius.

But I just hate the fucking afro. It's such a lame shortcut cop out way of a studio saying, "OUR ACTRESS IS REALLY BLACK AND SPEAKS TOWARD THE BLACK EXPERIENCE BY HAVING A HAIRSTYLE THAT STOPPED BEING EDGY IN 1975. BLACK."

It's like giving Asian men fu manchu mustaches or making a Mexican character illiterate. Blacks are the ONLY people allowed to steer hard into their cultural stereotypes and have people not only NOT bat an eye, but also clap and shout "YAAS QUEEN."

Oh, fuck, this character is going to get so much yaas queening on blogs when this movie comes out. I just realized that. Fuck.
Thread posts: 532
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.