[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The King and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: the king and i.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the king and i.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
Was it the final nail in Rankin/Bass's coffin?
>>
>>94875590
i have this on vhs in my basement
>>
>>94875590
This was so bad nobody can ever do an animated adaptation of a Rodgers and Hammerstein play ever again.
It also royally pissed off Thailand.
>>
>>94875590
Just watched, it's amazing how much of a mess it is

Not only the plot has a lot of inconsistencies, but is also full of technical errors. Frames are placed in a crooked way on top of one another, sometimes the music gets out of sync, the volume is inconsistent, characters have no constant design and often don't look like they were created for different movies, the scenarios are ugly and keep saturating with the action, the colors aways look like that scene where Simba sings about being king... It's like if Filmation or Dic tried to make a Disney movie
>>
>>94875590
had to watch this in school maybe over a decade ago and really hated it. don't remember enough of it to say exactly why, but I guess since no specific thing is coming to mind it must have been the whole thing that turned me off

I feel kind of vindicated knowing now that apparently it was actually a shit movie/adaptation and that I might not have just been being a contrarian fuck
>>
>>94875590

>King reveals that he whips people as a punishment in his country
>British forces feel disgusted
>King saves the life of the little girl in the end
>Oh ok! You are a good person, you can keep wiping people
>>
>>94875590
Is this movie associated with Rankin Bass? I thought it was from some studio called Rich Animation or something. I think the only other thing I've seen from them is The Swan Princess.

But apparently The King and I isn't even their lowest point. They went on to make an adaptation of a musical called The Scarecrow that seems even worse, then made a movie about Mohammad, then later spawned Alpha and Omega and are now only kept afloat through endless Alpha and Omega and Swan Princess (cg) sequels.

The King and I is probably the second best thing they did after Swan Princess.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.