[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: rick-and-morty-season-3.jpg (303KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty-season-3.jpg
303KB, 1280x720px
Because hooly shit. I'm three episodes in and it's an actual fucking chore to continue watching.
>>
>>94875065
You don't have to watch them ya know.
>>
>>94875065
The episodes are fine, man
>>
>>94875065
To be fair, this cartoon is a refined piece of animated entertainment, only the highest minds can grasp the complex and witty masterpiece that is Rick and Morty.
>>
>>94875065
nah, it gets better
ep 5 is much better than the rest of the season and ep 6 promo looks promising too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0m_05jWJpM
>>
File: it makes Logical Sense.png (20KB, 582x188px) Image search: [Google]
it makes Logical Sense.png
20KB, 582x188px
>>94875204
i thought the people being made fun of in posts like this didn't really exist/weren't that prominent until i saw pic related
>>
I just started season 1 and the stories and characters are interesting, I just don't find the jokes to be funny some of the times like what was up with Rick and Summer just beefing up and beating up people?
>>
The best episode outside the first was a Jerry episode

Let that sink in
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand
>>
Rickshank Redemption was too good.

Rickmancing the stone, vindicators 3, and pickle rick were mediocre

Whirly Dirly Conspiracy is average.
>>
The Rick and Jerry episode was alright with the B plot dragging it real down. Vindicators was fun. None of that family drama shit that held down episodes 2 and 3.
>>
>>94875389
it was a joke about bodybuilders/powerlifters being violent/stupid
>>
>>94875436
>Rick dickjockeys actually think Jerry was in the wrong
>>
>>94875495

This

They should've stuck B plot to be focused on Giant summer

Though it did give Morty an interesting development
>>
File: bait.jpg (148KB, 1111x935px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
148KB, 1111x935px
>>94875467
>Use that confusion Jerry it will make you wriggle more like an abandoned newborn.
>>
File: 1494504382322.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494504382322.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>94875065
Yoo Justin still shitposting about his own show.
>>
>>94875290
honestly if and i mean if there is a meaning behind pickle rick then its a pun rick put himself in a pickle literally by turning himself in a pickle to escape the family therapy
>>
>>94875065
then stop and shut up about it
>>
>>94875065
>three episodes in and it's an actual fucking chore to continue watching

y've done the hard part things start returning to their former fine form for the next two episodes
>>
>>94875065
People started paying more attention to the people writing the show than the show its self
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.