[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is DC so insistent trying to sell Joker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: this_shit_nigga.jpg (76KB, 602x604px) Image search: [Google]
this_shit_nigga.jpg
76KB, 602x604px
Why is DC so insistent trying to sell Joker?
>>
Someone out there just wants to watch Jared Leto harass people on set.
>>
Popularity? It's not hard to guess or understand.
>>
>>94870582
Did they seriously just announce a second Joker movie straight after the origins one?
>>
>>94870708
they want edgy kids' parents money
>>
MOM'S
>>
Is this separate from the Batman thing?

Also, I'm wondering how many of these movies will actually get made. Remember when Cyborg and Shazam were totally happening?

WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE ADMIT THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BATTMAN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE ALREADY?
>>
>>94870582
>trying

How young are you? Joker sells itself, he's that popular
>>
>>94870582
they aren't "trying to sell joker", he's ALREADY one of their 3 most popular characters
>>
>>94870582
He's probably one of the most popular villains in cape history desu.
>>
>>94870582
Because he's popular unlike your favorite c list character you would kiss ass to receive a push into the mainstream
>>
>>94871289
Okay, so we have Batman, Joker, who's the third?
>>
>>94870853
The Shazam movie looks closer to being made, they got a director and he's writing the script now

Who the fuck wants a Cyborg solo though

And call him by his real name Captain Marvel
>>
>Joker movie with Jared
>Joker origin movie with different actor set in a AU

nani??
>>
>>94870708
this was probably rushed out to appease the actors more than anything else imo
Margot Robbie is a producer and is doing work with WB exclusively
part of that deal is her playing Harley Quinn
but since Johns I guess has his own opinions on which characters need movies and the studio heads have to deal with the actors that they want to do business with outside of capeshit
You are seeing a lot of movies that have nothing to do with the DCEU but utilizing those IPs

Ultimately JL is looking like a mess and all the rumors are continuing to swirl about the DCEU crashing and burning so the backup plan seems to firmly be a batman cinematic universe unconnected to the DCEU
>>
File: 1492968782461.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492968782461.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>94870582
Joker and Harley Quinn are more popular than the rest of the DCEU
You can ask DC for the numbers if you don't believe it
>>
>>94870582
They never annoucned anything, you just hear all the rumors all the time
>>
>>94871289
Let's be honest
Joker is probably more popular than Batman
DC has just never tested the waters
>>
File: 1499100123161.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499100123161.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
I want the Joker gone.

I want the Joker and Harley Quinn to be deleted from everything just so we can get some new villains once in a while rather than the same rehashed shit over and over again.
>>
>>94870582
Hope they use this opportunity to retcon his tattoos and teeth and personality and most particulars of Suicide Squad

>>94871895
The Batman solo is also an AU, we Elseworlds now
>>
>>94870582
is this going be in continuity with the Joker Origin? The DCEU? MattMan?
>>
>>94871892
>And call him by his real name Captain Marvel
uhm sorry sweety you lost that name
>>
>GUESS WHAT GUYS?
>Suicide Squad 2!
>No wait, Gotham City Sirens!
>Don't worry The Batman is coming!
>No wait, no GCS but yes SS2!
>No wait, a Joker origins movie!
>Okay, Affleck is off Batman but it will happen eventually.
>Okay Joker Origin movie!
>Okay, JOker/Harley movie too!
>Okay...

>>94871875
Harley Quinn. (Then Wonder Woman. Then Superman, MAYBE.)
>>
>>94872026
YAAAAAAS QUEEN SLAY
>>
>>94871998
If the DCEU actors are in it probably DCEU

Sorry Cavill you're stuck playing Man of Murder forever while someone else gets to have fun
>>
>>94872026
babies murderer Queen!
>>
>>94872026
>Best Boy Mar-Vell will be all but forgotten thanks to this dyke cunt
Fuck this
>>
Cuz they want another Heath and another Oscar.
>>
>>94872184
He has been forgotten for years, mother fucker died before I was born and I'm old
>>
>>94871979
This. I'm sick and tired of having these characters shoved down my throat because normies like them so much. Other villains rarely get to shine and it pisses me off.
They're both not even that great. Especially Harely.
>>
So who's in charge of all this DCEU? Is it anyone's unified vision or plan? It seems to me like it was Zach Snyder's idea but he never took any leadership role to make sure anything happened, and then he quits because of his daughter. This seems like a bunch of different people trying to get their project in all at the same time, with none of them having the authority to truly make it happen. I will say if Margot Robbie or whoever has this movie actually revolve around her and Leto's performances then it's the best change right now for a good movie to actually come out moving forward.
>>
>>94872696
>if Margot Robbie or whoever has this movie actually revolve around her and Leto's performances then it's the best change right now for a good movie to actually come out moving forward.
I think it has potential to be a great movie, especially if they emphasize The Joker's more clever characteristics. It would show why he was a real threat and was the only villain to outsmart Batman when he killed Robin.
>>
>>94872627
Joker is Batman's number 1 villain. As long as Batman is popular they'll always be a focus on him. Harley despite being much newer is basically just as popular now. They will be in the spotlight pretty much all the time.
>>
>>94871979
>>94872627
but he's a great character. like, he's genuinely a great character and most batman villains don't have the ability to carry a unique movie by themselves.

Ra's, Two-Face, Penguin, maybe Riddler, Bane and maybe Black Mask could carry a movie but of those six, three would be a pretty similar kinda gangster vibe, 2 have already been used and a Riddler movie would be hard to keep grounded but could be amazing if you did it right.

I don't think Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Croc or Freeze have enough variety in what and how they do things to carry a movie and likewise with Clayface or the Ventriloquist or even Poison Ivy. You'd start needing team ups at that point.

Court of Owls would work but it'd be difficult to adapt I think.

If they want a good Batman EU, use out of order but loosely connected legendary comics like The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, A Mad House on a Mad Earth, No Man's Land, Court of Owls. That kind of shit.
>>
>>94874770
>a Riddler movie would be hard to keep grounded but could be amazing if you did it right.
I would love to see a Riddler movie by a guy who's really good at coming up with "riddle" scenarios. Maybe hire a Japanese gambling manga writer for that.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.