[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/sic and /co/mic books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: headphones.jpg (102KB, 1584x1169px) Image search: [Google]
headphones.jpg
102KB, 1584x1169px
Can music be implemented to the comic reading experience?
Like reading an issue/portion of a comic at the rhythm of a song, or giving a comic its own soundtrack, do you think such a thing is feasible at all? If you think so, how would you go on about doing it?

For the sake of argument let's put webcomics out of the equation and focus exclusively on print comics.
>>
>>94864248
I've tried but I'm easily distracted. I like finding as much calm as I can to immerse myself in the book's world. I end coming up with the rhythm of the world, imagining the beats and sounds anyway. But I bet something instrumental would work with me. Nothing lyrical or my immersion would be broken and I'm belting out.
>>
So like a motion comic?
>>
>>94865493
I guess, although I'm trying to imagine the lyrics being worked into a silent panel, and such.
>>
>>94864248
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z13qnzUQwuI

This in whatever. Maybe sexy spy Dick.
>>
What do you think of writers when they pair music to their comics? Snyder has a playlist on spotify for Metal, and Jeff Lemire has a page at the end of each Royal City issue with a playlist.
>>
>>94865791
I liked how the first issue of SCUD included a playlist. Devo's Beautiful World was a perfect choice for the ending page.
>>
File: Galaktikon 001-001.jpg (3MB, 2014x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Galaktikon 001-001.jpg
3MB, 2014x3056px
>>94865827
>>
File: Royal City 005-025.jpg (812KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Royal City 005-025.jpg
812KB, 994x1528px
>>94865858
That's off the top of my head.

See also Scott Pilgrim, The Humans, .
>>
>>94865900
Whoops, I missed the last one, I meant to type Perkeros.
>>
>>94864248
This movie was better than Ant-Man.
>>
>>94864248
I put on setlists corresponding to the genre. Goa Trance for psychedelic stuff. Retro-synth for cyberpunk. Mod R&B for capeshit. Witch House for horror. Yada Yada.
>>
I like to put on something, preferably instrumental, when I'm reading. I can't say there are many specific things that I know pair especially well together, but it is very noticeable when the music doesn't fit the comic.
Magic Sword goes perfectly with Kirby Thor, and I'm so thankful to the Ragnarok trailer for introducing me to it.
I use The Eagles for any Westerns.
KISS for KISS.
>>
File: Final Crisis - New Edition-125.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Final Crisis - New Edition-125.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
I always have this in the background when I read the Superman: Beyond segments from Final Crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr0NBPRMe2E
>>
>>94865924
Not much of an achievement desu
>>
>>94864248
>What is Phantogram
>What is Murder Ballads
>>
I was literally just thinking about this, because I'm reading P. Craig Russel's Ring of the Nibelung adaptation, and though the speech bubbles aren't verbatim to the lines of the music (at least I'm assuming because I don't speak German), you can basically read along with the opera playing.

It's something I've never seen done before and I wonder if it'd be possible to do something like this with any other kind of story.
>>
>>94866602
Phonogram*
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.