[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ben Affleck drops out of Batman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 29

File: Batman.jpg (17KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
17KB, 640x320px
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/ben-affleck-reportedly-out-as-the-batman-after-all-matt-reeves-film-will-be-set-outside-of-the-dceu-a153445
>>
Good!
It's time for a strong Batman of Color, anyway.
>>
They really don't know what they're doing, do they.
>>
batfleck is my batman. I'm not fucking memeing. And fuck this reeves faggot and his fucking faggot ass vision. i trust myself with it more than that faggot.

but if batfleck gets cut short cause KEK THE FLASHPOINT SHENANIGANS I'm fucking done with DC movies. Except for Aquakhal.
>>
>>94862821
damn, the costume looks great with a brighter batsymbol
>>
>>94862879
98% of Hollywood is tax loophole abuse and shameless money laundering. Also all the coke fiends from the last generation are in charge now. Although it's now illegal institutionalized discrimination to perform proper studies on the subject, there remains an old wive's tale that high intensity drugs will fry your brain.
>>
>>94862879
Fixing Snyder's mess.
>>
File: afflecksad.jpg (24KB, 627x349px) Image search: [Google]
afflecksad.jpg
24KB, 627x349px
Not surprised
>>
I'm confused, I haven't been following this

so despite putting all this energy into creating a cinematic universe, there is going to be a batman film not set in the same universe?
>>
>>94862821
Afleck is still the batman of dceu. The batman movies are just set in different universe.
>>
>>94862879
Actually, I think that most of these website are trying to drum up articles to increase ad revenue. When you can basically tell people that mega networks push out fake news, and they don't stop, then clearly it's easier to push fake news than anything real.
>>
Can't wait for the story that comes out tomorrow saying that he isn't dropping out.
>>
>comicbookmovie

When was the last time they were right
>>
File: 1306744768229.jpg (63KB, 380x247px) Image search: [Google]
1306744768229.jpg
63KB, 380x247px
What the fuck. Can they make up their minds is he out or not?!
>>
>>94862821
Not this shit again. He's not going anywhere.
>>
>>94863034
He's still in the DCEU but not in Matt's Batman
>>
honestly it just sounds to me like we're going to have main DCEU alongside Elseworld offshoots
>>
>>94862989

They're gonna make a Flashpoint movie and just reboot the whole damn thing.
>>
>>94862821
The DCEU reminds me of a guy who just watched someone build something, then tried to do it with no manual and in a few seconds.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 200x200px
>>94863059
>>
>>94862989
Earth 1 and Earth 2, which will be merged after the D-Side movie
>>
>>94863040
He'll be Batman in the Justice League movies set in the DCEU.

But the next standalone is a standalone Elseworld-ish story with a different actor.
>>
>>94862989

They know Justice League is unsalvagable, so they're cutting they're being proactive and cutting their losses ASAP.
>>
consider the following:
edgar wrights script for ant man was the best marvel movie script. but he left cause of the fact it was tied to the mcu.

imagine if it came out, thats the opportunity that the batman is getting.
>>
bet you Reeves came on 4chan and finally took the idea we've been shilling for a 30s era Bat-flick.

Only way I'll bite. Otherwise batfleck or gtfo.
>>
>>94863138
>edgar wrights script for ant man was the best marvel movie script

Wrong.
>>
>>94863105
Honestly think they shot themselves in the foot with the bright idea to make everyone older in the DCEU. "Cast superheroes in their twilight years," yeah, that's an idea that'll spawn a decade-long franchise to rival the MCU.
>>
>Falling for this
Kek
Wonder what has marvel shills so nervous
>>
>>94863105
The batman movie is the main universe.

It then merges with dceu but the superman gets erased and replaced.

Actually nah just two movie standalone universes. They don't want the dceu stigma on Batman.
>>
>>94863138
>imagine if this thing that doesn't exist was a thing that existed. Well that's the opportunity the batman has now.

imagine.
>>
Time for Ackles?
>>
>>94862821
>f-fucking disneyshills
I really don't understand how anyone can defend the DCEU. Its a giant dumpster fire.
>>
>>94863183
They shot themselves in the foot by letting Snyder be in charge, all this shit was his idea. They need to completely get rid of him and start over. Let Wonder Woman be the beginning of the new DCU and go from there.
>>
Hello darkness my old friend
>>
Dont make it a fucking Batman movie then, make it The Question or Blue Beetle, or literally anybody else's.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI&ab_channel=nagisa
>>
>>94863262
But Wonder Woman is so firmly ingrained in the DCEU.

The cleanest thing IS to reboot it all.
>>
>>94863179
>Wrong.

then what is? Winter Soldier? Civil War? I don't think so
>>
All of you fucking faggots believe everything
>>
>>94863295
>But Wonder Woman is so firmly ingrained in the DCEU.
Not really. You cut out the framing device and it has absolutely nothing to do with the DCEU.
>>
>>94863327
If it wasn't the DCEU, already a hot bed of executive meddling and stupid decisions, then yeah we'd probably ignore it as a stupid rumor.

But it is, so something like this is perfectly believable.
>>
>>94863271
>HURR ONLY BATMAN SELLS DURR
Seriously, Batman is the Call of Duty of comics.
>>
>>94863295
> Reboot
AAA movies aren't for whales. They're for Normies, who have memories which last longer than a burnt out drug addict. No normie will accept a reboot every time some hack writes himself into a corner. Leave that trash hack device in comics where it belongs
>>
>>94863327
I'll believe anything that shits on DC because fuck them
>>
>>94863271
>director wants to make a Batman movie
>n-no! he should use this meme ones because I am a virgin and know them!
>>
Just fuck my franchise up, pham.
>>
Gotham City Sirens has been changed to the Joker and Harley movie. THR report about Batman not being in the DCEU had to be corrected. Borys Kit, the THR reporter that said Affleck is out, deleted his tweet. Fake news everywhere. LMAO

https://www.pscp.tv/elmayimbe/1djxXLvmbnvxZ?t=8
>>
>>94863185
This, remember when WW was a mess?
>>
>>94863313
It sure as hell ain't Wright's Ant-Man.
>>
>>94862821
>Falling for this clickbait
>>
>>94863464
Matt Reeves even said himself that Affleck is his Batman in an interview a while back.
>>
File: ohshit.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>94862821
seriously, what even is the plan here.
>>
>>94863510
>seriously, what even is the plan here.
Basically:

>Ayer got kicked to the curb (thank God) and his Gotham City Sirens movie is now being changed to a Joker and Harley movie.
>DC is also going to make standalone movies. Think OGNs. First one in line for development is a Scorsessee gangster film starring the Joker.

Other than rumormongers shitting up the place getting rumors mixed up, that's it really.
>>
>>94863327
>pretty much every DCEU rumor is real
>the ONLY one that was false was Wonder Woman being a mess, however we'll never know whether or not it actually was at that point given that we know on-set rewrites occurred
That is the only argument Warnershills ever have. One rumor out of 100 wasn't real, so its all fake. It's going to be hilarious when Affleck officially leaves.
>>
>>94863572
>That is the only argument Warnershills ever have. One rumor out of 100 wasn't real, so its all fake. It's going to be hilarious when Affleck officially leaves.
>One rumor
>Affleck leaving was used for months
>Comic Con comes and Affleck shits all over that rumor
>>
>>94863568
>DC is also going to make standalone movies.

So they'll just do what Fox is doing?
>>
>>94863601
>an actor under contract says he's not leaving months before the movie actually releases
Gee, I wonder why that happened.
>>
>>94863601
He also said he'd direct The Batman after rumors said he wouldn't.
>>
>>94863601
>actors, studios, execs etc don't lie to save face
I forget Hollywood was the bastion of truth
>>
>>94862979
>Flashpoint unfucks Snyder's mess while subsequently creating alternate universes ultimately leading to a retardedly huge crossover movie(s)

Is Warner Bros secretly playing 4D chess?
>>
I hope Joss Whedon directs it

I can't wait for SOME ORANGE SLICES quips
>>
>>94863572
>>pretty much every DCEU rumor is real

this isn't true. you're a liar.
>>
>>94863652
>>94863676
>>94863684
The state of Marvelfags
>>
>>94862879
i dont think so at this point let marvel make the dc movies or at least stop rushing the dc movies ya marvel is ahead of the curb but that doesn't mean they need to rush the DC movies
>>
File: mcu errors.png (44KB, 486x964px) Image search: [Google]
mcu errors.png
44KB, 486x964px
>Earth's mightiest heroes
>the group can't actually help each other with the majority of the threats that each team member faces
>>
>>94862821
While I can understand the apprehension of those who were expecting a cohesive movieverse, this actually sounds in line with the Hypertime not hypercrisis, hyperTIME concept for the DC movies I considered some time ago, so I'm fine with it.

The idea would be to chiefly release solo series for the characters, and depending on the success or poor reception to each installment integrate elements into movies inhabiting a shared universe.
It might sound messy but the general idea would be that if you want to make a movie where you don't want outside interference or influence, you can, but if you want something from that movie to have larger influence then you just imply vaguely in the team up that elements of the movie did in fact happen in the shared universe just differently.
It would also allow for things like changing actors and sliding timescale to be used without too much fuss since whenever anything seems odd to the audience it's because they're recollecting another universe's version of events and the current one while similar is not the same.
>>
>>94862821

>Ibrahim Al-Afflecki
>>
>>94862998
People click on headlines, they don't look at the site name and go "they always spew bullshit" anymore, so you can literally just say whatever the fuck you want as a "rumor" and people will click it anyway and never learn not to.
>>
>>94862821
Have the rock play him.
>>
>>94862879
this may be on Affleck
I agree that they don't know what they're doing
but I'm sure it's just that Ben doesn't want to be Batman anymore and probably feels insecure about it all
he's the best Batman ever imo but as a person he's kind of an asshole and honestly the way Batman V Superman got shit on, along with Suicide Squad, who the fuck can blame him for not wanting to be part of it
>>
>>94864035
>but I'm sure it's just that Ben doesn't want to be Batman anymore and probably feels insecure about it all

Then why the fuck did he double down on the role during Comic-Con?
>>
>>94862937
I mean, that's not so different from Brandon Routh and Superman, right?
>>
>>94863105
>with a different actor.
Lmao this is just sad
>>
>>94864085
Because until you're off contract, you suck their dick.
>>
>>94864085

Contractual obligation.

He's said multiple times that a major factor in playing Batman is that WB will fund his personal projects in exchange.
>>
>>94864085
>Then why the fuck did he double down on the role during Comic-Con?
because he's professional and not autistic. If he hates it do you think the only thing he can do is tell the truth and say "DON'T GO TO TO SEE THESE MOVIES, I HATE THEM AND I DON'T WANT TO BE BATMAN"
>>
>>94862821

Thanks Lord!!

Now, WE need a new Wonder Woman movie, without Gal Gadot with the old origin and all the Olympian gods
>>
File: DV9Lpdy[1].jpg (655KB, 3110x2333px) Image search: [Google]
DV9Lpdy[1].jpg
655KB, 3110x2333px
>>94862821
Awesome, does this mean Scott Adkins has a chance to be Batman now?

https://imgur.com/gallery/fJPp2
>>
>>94864250
That's Ryan Reynolds.
>>
>>94863427
>Lets fuck everything up for the sake of making another Batman movie because there are not enough of those already and retarded normies wouldnt watch a movie based off any other character
Probably had sex more times and with more people than you easily.
>>
>>94864334
Keep believing that, virgin
>>
>>94864250
I fucking wish. Scott Adkins is one of my favorite action stars and I was wanting him to be either Iron Fist or Batman. If he were Batman, that'd be amazing. Imagine the Snyder scene but with someone who can actually fight.

But that imgur album
>Keep Amell as GA
>Re-cast Barry and Hakwgirl.
>>
>>94864250
He's certainly got the finesse to play some kind of street level martial artist I'll give him that.
>>>/wsg/1840409
>>>/wsg/1840424
>>>/wsg/1840427
I'm not sure with all I've seen whether I want more stunt Batman over gadgets and stealth though. I've always felt like there's a point where Batman is so equipped and prepared he really doesn't need to engage anyone short of an opponent equal to him like Bane. I know audiences want their dose of action regardless of all that, but it's still a personal gripe for me.

Whenever he starts flailing around with faceless thugs, especially if he's in a hurry to deal with something bigger, I just can't help but wonder what the point is and how someone as intelligent as him could waste time with such low priority antics.
>>
>>94863138
>terrible script that never got made was best movie in my shit opinion
>actual movie that came out was good
>lets compare a clusterfuck that got salvaged by marvel to this cluster fuck who WB is clusterfucking to death
>>
>>94864457
>No Boyka webms.
>>
>>94864334
stay mad people want to see movies about a hero instead of another
>>
>>94863893
a lot of these are really inaccurate, like they'll say _____ was ignored in _____ when it actually was completely addressed in the movie in question. not even half way reading it when already most of it is false.
>>
>>94864250
>short, ugly, shit actor
>perfect for batman
lol no
>>
File: 1485997731406.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485997731406.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
All I want is a solo Batfleck movie- something where he's not playing third fiddle to Wonder Plank and Sadderman.

Why do they have to hurt me like this?
>>
>>94864504
I only posted what was already posted elsewhere since digging up saved webms is a chore for me, though, yes, this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbI_04n3lLU is pretty nice.

Still falls into that nitpick of mine where I can't think of many situations where Batman would need to give an opponent this level of attention over just bypassing the fight.
>>
>>94864457
>He's certainly got the finesse to play some kind of street level martial artist I'll give him that.
He's not though. The dude's an actual Grandmaster. You posted some decent scenes, but check out fights he did in Undisputed 1/2, he does some shit that is very freaking hard to pull off.

>>94864679
>Batman's "official" height is 6"2
>Adkins is 5"10
Fucking wow, who cares. Everything else is your shitty opinion anon.
>>
>>94864762
well it might be my shitty opinion, but it's literally never going to happen, adkins may be a great movie stunt guy, but he's never going to have a real career that's not random bad guy that fights well.
>>
>>94864762
Real question, I know he does impressive gymnastic shit in movies. But it's all ultimately a choreographed dance.

irl, can he actually fight? like has he ever done some sort of actual mma fights? like pride/ufc/ifc/strikeforce whatever.

Or is he one of those guys that's trained his whole life but never been in a fight?
>>
>>94864759
It all just depends on the choreography and what would be asked Adkins to do. But if you take a look at Close Range, for example, he does the same kind of stuff Batman does; target priority, quick work of thugs, until he gets to the boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cus7hPFDhRs
>>
>>94864968
Eight targets swiftly and effortlessly incapacitated in under a minute, I'm sold.
>>
>>94864954
>irl, can he actually fight? like has he ever done some sort of actual mma fights? like pride/ufc/ifc/strikeforce whatever.

He hasn't done any of that stuff, but he can still fight and kick someone's ass if need be.

>He became interested in martial arts at the age of ten when he, his father, and older brother, Craig, visited the local Judo club. After he was mugged at 13 years old, his interest towards martial arts grew even more at age 14 .[3] That same year, he started practicing Taekwondo. Since age 16, Adkins has also trained in Kickboxing under Anthony Jones. He is now[when?] a fully trained Kickboxing Instructor for the P.K.A.[4] He has also trained in other martial arts including Ninjutsu, Karate, Capoeira, Jujutsu, Judo, Jeet Kune Do, Krav Maga, Wushu and gymnastics.

The same with Michael Jai White, he's never been in a "fighting" sport, but it doesn't change the fact that he can certifiably beat someone down into the ground. You don't have to be in a fighting sport to prove your worth as a fighter.

>He is an accomplished martial artist, holding black belts in eight different styles: Shotokan, Taekwondo, Kobudo, Goju Ryu (for which he studied under Master Eddie Morales where he learned to sharpen his Goju karate technique), Tang Soo Do, Wushu and Kyokushin,[2][3] with a specific focus in Kyokushin (although his style incorporates aspects of many different martial arts forms).[4] White started training in the martial arts at the age of seven in Jujutsu and then Shotokan moving to other styles later.[5]
>8th dan black belt in Kickboxing
>3rd dan black belt in Shotokan Karate
>3rd dan black belt in Goju Ryu
>3rd degree black belt in Kyokushin
>2nd degree black belt in taekwondo
>1st degree black belt in tang soo do
>>
>>94864559
>>94864354
(you)
>>
>>94862998
>When you can basically tell people that mega networks push out fake news
thanks r/the_donald really got my noggin coggin
>>
>>94862821
>a year ago

Man, I hope the kids won't be confused at there be two completely different live-action Barry Allen Flashes being pushed at them at the same time

>this year

I'm fairly confident that kids can tell one Hollywood actor from another, so this is genuinely going to baffle them as to why there are two different movie Batmen seeing as how they're being promoted in the same medium while the two Flashes could be distinguished as Movie Flash and TV Flash
>>
>>94865271
>kids
That's your problem, this isn't a Marvel flick.
>>
>>94865086
He has the action chops to easily pull of a character like Batman and surprisingly, he's not that bad of an actor. Sure, he's not going to win an academy award or anything like that, but he'd be perfect in a cape role like Batman. Imagine Snyder's warehouse scene; Ben's Batman was good, don't get me wrong, but he kind of had this lumbering approach to him. Now place Adkins in that role; a guy who can both punch, kick, and flip. Suddenly that dynamic becomes even more "Arkham" esque.
>>
I feel like Flashpoint is only going to confuse the fuck out of the general audience with these changes/recastings
>>
>>94865141
Well there's lots of people who "train" for years or are "certified" in a martial art that's just bullshit and can't actually fight at all. Which is why I'm honestly asking. The truth is the only way you know if your techniques and ability is worth anything irl without being retarded and starting fights on the street is to fight in a sport/gym setting.

But that said, yeah both actors probably spar constantly in those lists you put up, which was more or less the type of evidence I was looking for. Just saying Steven Segal and JCVD also claim to be real fighters.
>>
>>94863568
>Joker
>more Joker
Just call it the Batman EU. This is dumb. Fuck comics and fuck Hollywood.
>>
File: superman_batman-76(1)[1].jpg (393KB, 900x1355px) Image search: [Google]
superman_batman-76(1)[1].jpg
393KB, 900x1355px
Calling it now:
Batman gets either OMEGAED by Darkseid or killed by Steppenwolf in Justice League. Flashpoint will bring Batman back to life and he and probably Joker too will be recasted.
Screencap this.
>>
>>94865340
Also; with a bit more thought, I could Adkins actually playing the Bruce we see in Zero Year and Court of Owls easily.
>>
>>94863914
Just give me my fucking Blue and Gold movie already ffs
>>
>>94865574
This
>>
>>94865362
meh, people get to talk to that one person in their circle who gives half a fuck and explains to at least 50% accuracy what's actually going on
>>
I loves me some clickbait and everybody immediately believing it because somebody put out a tweet.
>>
>>94863138
edgar wright is overrated
>>
File: fab.jpg (83KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
fab.jpg
83KB, 500x411px
>>94862862
>>
>>94862821
so this is a prequel?
>>
>>94865912
Elseworld
>>
>>94864250
>https://imgur.com/gallery/fJPp2
>Bridget Regan as "up and coming"
>at 35
lmao
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
>>94865321
>Thinking comic book movies by any company (that aren't Rated R) are exclusively for mature adults like yourself
>>
>>94866376
I think he's insinuating that children don't watch either CW DC or Movie DC
>>
>>94865912
>>94865915

It could potentially be a prequel - and it could potentially mean absolutely nothing at all.

What's his name has been working on Justice League Dark for years and nothing ever came of it. Then the Bourne director was SIGNED, worked on it and then he left. It probably will happen, but no where near what was discussed on the web or anywhere.

So all of this can mean absolutely nothing until people are cast and filming starts.

>>94865465
Nope. Hangover Joker probably will never happen. Crazy Stupid Love Harley & Joker will probably happen but not with Leto or Robbie and won't necessarily be DCEU or prequel or Elseworld.

Just like idiots think Deadpool and TAMS were MCU, idiots will assume these are all DCEU
>>
File: crying-batman.gif (239KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
crying-batman.gif
239KB, 200x150px
>>94864704

>All I want is Nolan-Bats and Burton-Bats.

>Us Poor Batfags never get what we want.
>>
>>94863095
>Brother Eye attempts to do what he saw other, better people do before him, succeeding in the barest, most soulless sense of the meaning "adaptation"
Poetry
>>
>>94863313
Marcus & McFeely are terrific writers. They handle characters really well.
>>
>>94862821
Fake news
>>
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Ben Affleck drops out of Justice League!!!

source: https://www.disneyshillhq.com/marvel/ben-affleck-reportedly-out-as-the-batman-in-the-justice-league
>>
File: kar_urban.jpg (168KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
kar_urban.jpg
168KB, 825x464px
I demand Batdredd
>>
>>94863050
>not "mattman"
What are you doing, man?
>>
>>94862821
>Affleck is out
>Joker origin movie without Leto
>Mad Love movie with Leto and Robbie
What the fuck is WB doing?
>>
>>94862989
its literally fake news

>>94863226
wait you actually believe this, are you retarded
>>
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>94862821
So will this be like the last two times where Ben Affleck confirms he's still in the movie and the press has to try again
>>
>>94863780
Marvel couldn't even make Spider-man successful
>>
>>94862821
>reportedly
Dude he confirmed he's in the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnREl3UKG0Y&t
Even you MCU shills are better than this
>>
File: 1503567049007.jpg (181KB, 1200x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1503567049007.jpg
181KB, 1200x1186px
>Affleck and WB can't be trusted
>some blatant fake news on the other hand...
yeah I'm sure WB wants to drop the cinematic universe thing now they are stomping marvel
>>
>>94869478
>Origin movie
Why do DC always have these stupid qualifiers on their achievements, it just reminds people that more profitable movies exist
>>
>>94863568
Really? Well as long as I get Maggie as Harley Quinn in a movie again I don't care what kind of movie it is.
>>
>>94862862
batwing is a thing you know?
>>
>>94869493
>it just reminds people that more profitable movies exist
In that budget range (100 to 200 million) for capeshit movies, I actually don't think there are many. Deadpool was cheap and made a fuck ton so that was more profitable but literally all comparable MCU movies performed worse than Wonder Woman. If anything WB is going to double down on the cinematic universe shit now, especially if JL is yet another hit
>>
>>94869562
WW had the whole 'if you don't like it you're sexist' thing going, also after the train-wrecks that preceded it, everyone was basically praying it wouldn't be a disaster, from the sounds of it, most of it was good, 3rd act fell flat. The fact that it wasn't directly handled by Snyder or made to be a shit attempt at mimicking something like GotG likely also helped. But next is the Justice League movie, just by default it will be compared to Avengers, and will be competing with Ragnarok. And there's all sorts of drama surrounding Joss Whedon now, don't care all that much myself, but also how well can one director do to completely fix a potential mess by another?
>>
>>94869784
>WW had the whole 'if you don't like it you're sexist' thing going
Stopped reading, this is enough dumbassery for one post
>>
File: sxmwjprguuu7s7gzxoev.jpg (45KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
sxmwjprguuu7s7gzxoev.jpg
45KB, 1200x630px
>>94862821

Honestly, I'm surprised that WB managed to keep it together as long as it has.
>>
>>94869784

So see how well that did for the Resident Evil and Underworld reviews.
>>
>>94869784
For the last time, Ghostbusters had this shit for real and it flopped hard
>>
>>94863183

There might have been a method to their madness. The problem with casting young nobodies is that, well, they're nobodies. You might get them cheap and be able to lock them into decades-long contracts but if nobody goes to see them initially that decades-long payoff never gets launched.

Launching a franchise with older, known actors then immediately rebooting with young actors could potentially satisfy both needs.

Now, this *is* Warner Brothers after all, they couldn't find their own head if it jammed up their ass, but if a competent studio wanted to jumpstart a franchise that just might be a workable plan.
>>
>>94869875

And the reviews were middling-positive at best.
>>
>>94862821
I've not seen any of these Superhero films, but the drama around them is far more entertaining than any film could be.
>>
>>94869875
Because it wasn't that good.
For WW it was just good, but the expectations meant good turned into great for little reason. GotG2 went the other direction, expectations were so high that reviews literally went from great to just good because "it wasn't as good as the first one".
>>
File: 193d269faf842c2920a4499a98ea6fb4.jpg (671KB, 800x1160px) Image search: [Google]
193d269faf842c2920a4499a98ea6fb4.jpg
671KB, 800x1160px
>>94862862
>>
>>94863034
Anyone posting the full statement, I dont get the news
>>
File: dreddbatman.jpg (349KB, 1031x720px) Image search: [Google]
dreddbatman.jpg
349KB, 1031x720px
>>94869210
>Dredd sequel greenlit
>It's Judgement on Gotham
>>
>>94865444
>he dont know what dceu stands for
>>
>>94863185
>>94863484
DC lost every battle tho.
>>
>source

>comicbookmovies.com

The state of marvel disney shills
>>
>new director wants to distance his film as far from burning trash pile that is the Snyderverse
This was to be expected.
>>
>>94863484
Yes, the day I watched it
>>
>>94870056
Wonder Woman just cucked Marvel's BvS though
>>
>>94869562
>dc
>winning
>ever
>>94869784
>feminism
kek nuff said
>>
>>94870067
Yeah buddy, no.

Keep dreaming with that tho.
>>
Dceu was big mistake
>>
>>94862821
TUMBLING
>>
I doubt we will see batfeck again after JL
>>
>>94870072
Look it up, Wonder Woman destroyed every MCU movie with under $200M budget. I'm sorry facts trigger you this hard
>>
>>94864162
>>94864129
Jared Leto literally said "fuck WB", and now he is confirmed for Academy Award Winning Suicide Squad's sequel and for Birds of Prey.

>>94864138
When did he said that?
>>
File: robbie.gif (54KB, 273x343px) Image search: [Google]
robbie.gif
54KB, 273x343px
>>94870067
>>94870067
>Wonder Woman just cucked Marvel's BvS though
>WW
Domestic Total as of Aug. 22, 2017: $404,288,787
Worldwide: $800,388,787
Opening Weekend: $179,139,142
>CW
Domestic Total Gross: $408,084,349
Worldwide: $1,153,304,495
Opening Weekend: $179,139,142
hmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>94870121
quickfix - WW Opening Weekend: $103,251,471
>>
>>94870052
On the one hand that's actually morbidly amusing.

On the other bantz be damned it can't be denied by even his most sour critic that Batman's universe is fairly well developed and lucrative for every form of media.
I'll concede the DCU has a wealth of characters and concepts that are great for the comics and animated stuff, but few of those have rogues, lore and a setting that work as well and simply in cinema and video games.

I don't condone DC and WB being lazy, but I grasp why they bank on Batman so much. There's just no sense in not doing what works.
>>
>>94863510
What plan?
>>
OUT AM I
>>
>>94870121
>Civil War
That's Marvel's Justice League though. I meant the one with Iron Man and Spider-Man without the rest of the Avengers
>>
Anyone who still think that WB have actual solid plan for dc movies must be really delusionals, you cucks deserve arkham.
>>
>>94870158
That's nice mental gymnastics, but even beyond hero vs hero premise CW was literally made in response to DC announcing BvS, before that Cap 3 was going to be more Cap x Bucky stuff. You don't get more Marvel's BvS than that.
And even then, Homecoming is nowhere near the flop DCfriends like to tout it around as.
>Domestic Total as of Aug. 22, 2017: $315,219,473
>Worldwide: $726,212,279
>Opening Weekend: $117,027,503
Which is, considering it went through two reboots in recent years, pretty good.
>>
>>94870195
But all the Avengers are in that movie my mental gymnast friend
>>
>>94870158
Avengers would be Justice League, unless we're just in stupidville as far as this discussion is going.
WW in terms of narrative should be more like Cap: first avenger, though the popularity was rather different for various reasons.

The thing is, many people "shitting on" dc want it to do better, it had great animated runs both as shows and movies, why can't the live action do as well, when they even have blueprints for what to do and not do from multiple other companies before them?
>>
File: email extended universe.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
email extended universe.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>94870199
And all of justice league is in BvS.
>>
>>94870208
Those are cameos, unless you count cap on homeflopping too
>>
>>94870195
>Homecoming is nowhere near the flop DCfriends like to tout it around as.

Spider-man is one of the world's most popular and iconic characters, yet it's still running behind a literally who first Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
>>
>>94870235
You are counting Iron Man, when he shows up for 5 minutes, doesn't has his name on the title and didn't fought Spider-Man.
>>
>>94870251
This is more merit for Guardians than anything. It just shows that they did such an interesting movie, that it can.rival a Spider-Man movie.
>>
>>94870251
Who went through two reboots and and mediocre at the very best movies in recent years. Why do you people always pretend like it doesn't affect anything?
>>
>>94870255
All over the promotional material and key part in the plot though. I wasn't counting Cap for a reason
>>
>>94870270

But it's Marvel Studios. With Tony Stark, aka Iron Man. In the same movie. You people have been saying that once Sony finally gave up on Spider-man it would automatically become a cash juggernaut because everybody wanted him in MCU.
>>
>>94870251
Isn't that the same argument the "drones" and "shills" used to say BvS was a flop?
These tactics are like a game of mad libs. Just change the name of the movie and suddenly it's okay.
>>
>>94870255
It had Iron Man on literally every poster and it is first movie since Avengers with him that didn't gather billion.

>muh reboots
Batman went through 3,5 reboots (Schumacher is 0.5)
By mcuck logic then BvS numbers are really impressive.

Not to mention that Amazing Spider-Man movies starring mostly actors from indie movies, directed by indie movie author is somehow fair competition with biggest paid actor in billion dollar franchise RDJ and one of most iconic ex-Batman that starred in recently overhyped Birdman (which is also the reason why he is Vulture), producer-only flick with six (!) screenwriters that was shilled under one of THE biggest kike company on Shartlandia list.

I also highly doubt 175mil. budget, I bet it is much higher just like with first GotG.
>>
>>94870408
>Batman went through 3,5 reboots (Schumacher is 0.5)
Burton/Schumacher movies are ancient history now, the only thing the average moviegoer knows are Nolan movies, which were all big successes commerically and critically. So yeah, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin have an infinitely smaller effect on BvS than Amazing Spider-Man movies and even Spider-Man 3 on Homecoming.
>>
>>94870380

That was the point, yes.
>>
>>94870380
It's almost like none was a flop and that argument was fucktarded right?
>>
>>94865237
They actually do.
>t. non-americuck
>>
>>94869478
kind of unfair to other origin movies since she appeared on another movie before
>>
File: 1494532219693.jpg (13KB, 311x309px) Image search: [Google]
1494532219693.jpg
13KB, 311x309px
Don't mind, maybe better have all those nightwing and batgirl movies in a batverse. While te dceu becomes wonderverse after Flashpoint.
>>94870195
To top it all,homecoming has a good chance at taking down guardians 2 as number one capeshit this year. And sony/disney is so pissed off they are hiring John who again. This is like cw underperfroming all over again, the BvS reception mind broke so many people holy shit.
>>
>>94870208
>And all of justice league is in BvS.

on email attachments
>>
>>94863676
But he was going to direct it. Then he realized that acting and directing was too heavy a workload so the director changed.
>>
>>94862821
M U L T I V E R S E
>>
>>94863572
>james wan leaving
>reeves leaving
>margot robbie leaving
>wonder woman having on set rewrites
>affleck leaving
Literally all fake news off the top of my head
>>
>>94863572
>pretty much every DCEU rumor is real

Adam Driver is Dick Grayson

Wonder Woman is Kryptonian
>>
So what does this mean? Recast Batman? Start the whole project all over again? Kill Batfleck and bring in a new Batman?
>>
>>94870975
I actually considered what if they killed off Batfleck in JL. Would solve part of the problem.
>>
>>94870975
>So what does this mean? Recast Batman? Start the whole project all over again? Kill Batfleck and bring in a new Batman?
I just have a sneaking suspicion that Warner might have decided that connected universes isn't working out for them.
If JL doesn't work out, then Warner would have no reason to do this whole DCEU thing. They might feel it is better to just treat every film independently like they used to.

The fact is, massive team up films are hard to film. And they are also expensive. Warner might just have realised that the effort required is more trouble than worth the profits they are getting.

They can still make WW2, Aquaman, and Shazam flims. But Warner could just decide to screw connected universes. They thought it would be easy money, but not realising it is anything BUT easy.
>>
Snyder fanboys used to irritate me but now I just feel sorry for them.
>>
Moviebob actually predicted they would do something like this. Though he thought they would do Flashpoint first and if that hit a chord, they would slowly integrate the audience into going for the new characters. That way they could effectively reboot without actually rebooting.
>>
>>94863262
As much as I hate Snyder as a filmmaker, this isn't entirely his fault. The only thing he did wrong was say yes to everything. He had a very personal idea of what to do with superman and it's clear the studio tried to forced this universe crap on him to compete with Marvel. He should have said no, Man of Steel is not a foundation to build a sappy superhero team upon. It's also a terrible film but that's besides the point.
The studio forced ads on his movie and he said yes. They told him to build a teamup movie and a series to follow, and he said yes. At some point he had to defend this vision he had and put some boundaries in place.
But it's all on the studio for trying to do a marvel and rushing it into incoherence.
>>
>>94863713
That wasn't directed or written by Whedon, you obese sperg.
>>
>>94864035
>he's the best Batman ever
Fuck off. Not even you believe that.
>>
>>94866603
Or anyone else, for that matter.
>>
>>94865871
I love how you immediately dismiss it in a tard stupor because /tv/ fooled you with their ironic love for Snyder.
>>
>>94871076
They are doing Flashpoint first, aren't they?
>>
>>94869478
>Affleck and WB can't be trusted
They haven't commented on the matter. I know /pol/ taught you to change the subject whenever you read something you don't like, but it makes you look like a 12 year old.
>>
>>94870058
The mental breakdown of delusional cockbites who still pretend to like Snyder's trash out of peer pressure, more like.
>>
>>94870102
>Wonder Woman destroyed every MCU movie
No, it certainly did not.
>>
>>94871407
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnREl3UKG0Y&t
There you go buddy
>>
>>94863138
Wright had ten fucking years to make the movie. His departure was due to his own laziness.
>>
>>94871478
Why didn't you quote the whole sentence?
>>
>>94870199
Except Thor and Hulk.
>>
>>94862862
Yeah, the alternate universe one where he has a green lantern ring.
>>
>>94870889
>>wonder woman having on set rewrites
>>affleck leaving
All true.

They are doing a batman and joker movie outside of the dceu, and are going to use Flashpoint to retcon him away.
>>
>>94871542
>All true.
Source, remember that "rumour" or "Insider" invalidates the article and you as a person too
>>
File: stop.gif (2MB, 252x280px) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
2MB, 252x280px
>>94864085

You don't know how doing business works, do you?

Do any of you?

I always see these dumb shits say things like:

>Why doesn't the creator say how terrible this adaptation is?

>Why don't the actors admit it's a bad film/series?

>Why won't _____ admit there are problems until years afterward?

Because THAT"S NOT HOW YOU DO BUSINESS IN THE INDUSTRY.

You don't bite the hand that feeds you unless you're someone who is already outside that system. Nobody is going to actively speak out against something they made until it's culturally okay with everyone to do so.
>>
>>94871488
That video was posted before these allegations. Are you having a mental breakdown, or something?
>>
>>94871567
What are valid sources them? The actors admiting that their own movie franchise is a mess to the presses?

Remember that the same person who said that about WW got every rewritten right regarding Suicide Squad, and leaked the plot.
>>
>>94871587
It was posted after the allegations though, Reeves interview is from before the SDCC
>>
>>94862951
Are you Colombian?
>>
>>94870836
He was going to write, direct, AND act.
Now it's looking like he might not do any of those things.
>>
File: 1503601982525.jpg (195KB, 1241x910px) Image search: [Google]
1503601982525.jpg
195KB, 1241x910px
Well well well, page 10
>>
>>94878015
The next headline will be

BATMAN
part of the MCU!
MATT REEVES CONFIRM.
>>
Mouseketeer funded fake news btfo
>>
>>94878015
Holy jesus fucking christ /co/, I never thought I would be so ashamed of sharing a board with cucks like you
>>
>>94878015
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RATFUCKERS #BTFO
>>
FAKE
A
K
E

NEWS
E
W
S
>>
File: 1499296026892.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1499296026892.gif
2MB, 356x200px
Literally saw this thread and it made me leave /co/ to avoid the dumb retards crying about how Warner Bros is circling the drain for the millionth time. OP, you're a fucking idiot. Just as dumb as the writer of that article.
>>
It's going to take more than one good Wonder Woman movie to make me give a fuck about DC movies again, but getting rid of that douche is a positive step.

He should never have been Batman in the first place. I hope they learn their lesson and cast unknowns from now on...but you wouldn't have any confidence they wouldn't go with Ryan Gosling or the Beef or some other unsuitable cocksucker if he became available.
>>
>>94862821
Good
Affleck has a been a consistent wrench for WB for the past several months and it's about fucking time they canned his ass
>>
So they are definitely canning the DCEU aren't they, I blame Snyder for everything.
>>
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>FAKE NEWS CONFIRMED
>>
>>94871609
>What are valid sources them?
"this guy i know that knows a guy who works with the guy that walks the producer's dog told me..." is not a a valid source.
>>
>>94871609
APPARENTLY NOT YOURS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>94863226
0.o6 mousebucks were loaded onto your account.
>>
File: 1502769479799.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502769479799.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>94881774

>Reeves says one thing
>word gets around
>backtracks on his word to damage control

>"fake news!"
>>
>>94871580
Those shills have no integrity. This is why DBE American Death Note and The Last Airbender were filmed, produced, and released: No one spoke out until it was far too late. I would rather pull an Alan Moore and state directly to the studio producing my work the truth if it was terrible. That their adaptation would not make the gross revenue they're expecting.

Better to lose out on all that contractual money than to be called a shill that supported a terrible film adaptation that I knew I would never pay to watch. Why the hell would anyone trust me if I sold out? I care far more of what my consumer base thinks than what the corporate suits that bastardized my work expect me to act.
>>
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>94862937
Batfleck was an amazing Batman and an amazing Bruce Wayne. If the script had been better he would have been the animated series Batman brought into real life.
>>
This is the 5TH TIME this news has come out this year and proven to be fake EVERY TIME
>>
>>94883480

Alan Moore already was set for life.
>>
>>94863893
hey i actually know the answers to some of these
>Thor 1 implies Loki is manipulating Selvig, this is ignored in Avengers
selvig spent pretty much the entire runtime of the avengers completely mind-controlled by loki, i'm guessing he just remembered the movie wrong
>AoU ignores the entire plot of Iron Man 3
if he's referring to the iron legion suits, those aren't iron man suits, they're just drones. they're not even suited for combat.
>Civil War has Ant Man deciding to become a fugitive from the government despite spending his movie trying to be with his daughter
that wasn't exactly the goal of his character in his movie. if his entire goal was to spend more time with his daughter, he wouldn't be a superhero in the first place. he wants to be the hero she sees in him.
>that last one
they could just rebuild that shit or get new ones from somewhere. except iron spider i don't get that either.

a lot of these are fair points, especially ones involving aou because that was just a complete shitfest, but some of these feel like they'd be more at home in a cinemasins video. in fact i'm pretty sure i heard a lot of these in cinemasins videos.
>>
>>94874400

Well, that's probably the most polite aphorism I've heard for special needs children
>>
>>94869210
Karl Urban has been my waifu since he was Eomer. Can't wait to watch Thor Ragnarok for him and Cate Blanchett if nothing else
>>
File: has it ever occurred to you.jpg (25KB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
has it ever occurred to you.jpg
25KB, 232x232px
>>94862938
>>
>>94863034
>Can they make up their

It's so cute that you people still keep falling for clickbait. You're all the retards you apparently despise
>>
>>94870121

Holy shit Wonder Woman is going to make as much as Civil War in the US? That's embarrassing. I thought the Avengers were popular
>>
>>94883235
>>Reeves says one thing

I bet you never even read the article. Just saw the headline posts here and overreacted like a spastic. Please kill yourself
>>
>>94862993

I think that would be pointless though. Studios need to focus on world building, investing in everyone together, instead of trying to give each individual character their own franchise and develop them all separately.
>>
>>94863059

That's what it is pretty much. They saw Marvel's success and tried to emulate it, but too quickly and messy. Superman and Batman in a movie together for the first time (I think, maybe 60s Batman did it) is a huge deal. But they didn't handle that very well... So they're trying to build this universe on shaky ground really.
>>
>>94886480
>They saw Marvel's success and tried to emulate it, but too quickly and messy

Yeah and it and the MCU are the only cinematic universe that haven't completely collapsed. It's fucked though right?
>>
Batfleck was okay. I don't really care who plays him now as long as they look the part and the batsuit doesn't suck ass like the current one.
>>
File: IMG_1639.jpg (180KB, 750x1229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1639.jpg
180KB, 750x1229px
>>94862821
Yall are borderline retarded
>>
>>94886539
>. I don't really care who plays him now

It's stlll Ben
>>
>>94886480
>but too quickly and messy.

DC's original plan ten years ago was to do a Justice League: Mortal movie and only then branch to solo movies. I guess that was rushing too, despite MCU not even being a thing yet.
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.