[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never seen this, should I watch it tonight? Real responses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 7568.jpg (138KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
7568.jpg
138KB, 1000x1500px
I've never seen this, should I watch it tonight?

Real responses pertaining to quality only. No IT'S LE HIDDEN GEM AND BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME CUZ I SAW IT WITH DADDY WHEN I WAS 9 AND HE WENT OUT FOR MILK THE NEXT DAY AND NEVER CAME BACK please.
>>
It's pretty neat. You might like the art style.
>>
It's a solid 7/10 and highlights some great creative talent that didn't really fit the "Disney" mold
>>
>>94860251

It's worth watching for the beautiful animation and character design, but it really gives off the impression that Whedon wasn't used to writing movies at the time. The characters are all aesthetically charming, but one dimensional. Plus the protagonist never really felt like he pulled his weight with how they handle the "linguistics" related to finding Atlantis.
>>
It's good, it tries to be more "teen" than the usual juvenile family friendly disney films or shorts. The scene where Kida merges with the crystal has some of the most memorable imagery I can think of of any disney animated work.
>>
File: 20170314-091536.jpg (156KB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
20170314-091536.jpg
156KB, 1919x816px
>>94860251
watch it motherfucker
>>
None of you better drink the nitroglycerin this time
>>
Mignola is a talented bloke
>>
>>94860251
Nah, I do think it's an underrated film in the general public, even if overrated among fans.
>>
>>94860251
If you care more about how a film is written, not that good.

If you care more about visual storytelling, animation, and an attempt by Disney to reach for an older audience, great.
>>
The quality of the visuals can't be overstated. The designs, the staging, the action sequences, the blending of 2D animation with 3D CGI is all wonderful.

The script is not. The pacing feels like it's in fast forward. The characters are one dimensional as fuck and have no interesting arc or development or motivation. Also fuck fuck FUCK the "magic rock that's never explained but solves all our problems out of nowhere in the end" deus ex machina bullshit that this movie and NIMH both pull.
>>
>>94860251

The action scenes are a treat.

>All those deaths
>>
File: Ulysses.jpg (189KB, 1081x558px) Image search: [Google]
Ulysses.jpg
189KB, 1081x558px
Oh look the coolest submarine since 20,000 Leagues in this movie about underwater exploration. Better destroy it and kill 90% of the crew within the next 10 minutes!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.