[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the writers hate Bart so much? This entire episode was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 21

File: Barthood_884.jpg (51KB, 1026x576px) Image search: [Google]
Barthood_884.jpg
51KB, 1026x576px
Why do the writers hate Bart so much? This entire episode was nothing but shitting on him as hard as they could.
>>
>>94859178
>watching modern simpsons

make this a laura powers thread
>>
>>94859178
Because they can't make lisa wrong about anything
>>
>>94859178
Because that wasn't Bart. That was the MC from Boyhood given the name Bart
>>
>>94859178
Sometimes, as time progresses, I think about how it's slowly becoming easier and easier to 'fix' the Simpsons from a writing standpoint.

I mean, Simpsons is so fucking broken, we've long past the point of a new head writer coming in to amend the problems. The practical thing to do would be to scrap everything from the past 15 seasons and start fresh as though none of this happened.

And people would like it. They would like it not because you got the next top model of the Simpsons with the coolest features.... They would like it because they've spent so much time having to work with something so janky and broken, that any replacement is a godsend to them.

Imagine how easy it would be to come into the writer's room and impress them with just a decent episode. They would revere you like a God.

Like a God.
>>
>>94859178
The voice actress for Bart, Nancy Cartwright, is a scientologist
>>
>>94859178
masculine white male.
>>
>Old bart: Troublemaker who was a brat for attention, but honestly was a good kid deep down that would always try to write a wrong if he went too far and who could do decent if he just tried
>Neo bart: Absolute idiot who will never amount to anything and acts like a sociopath who was willing to break up his parents and not have a problem with it.
What went wrong? How could have the writers fallen so badly with bart?
>>
>>94859178

They basically stopped knowing what to do with Bart's character after season 10. There are literally countless episodes between seasons 11 - 13 where Bart has next to no lines and just exists as a side character with the occasional "bart gets a girlfriend" episode. The episode where they go to Africa literally has like 3 lines from Bart.

After season 15 they basically rebooted him as a bratty child who actually acts and personifies the hyperactive children of today (obsession with video games, sugary drinks, violence etc.) of course he had those traits before but never to that extent. He want from a crafty wisecracker to basically the writers chance to parody today's youth. It's no surprise that Barthood made him out to be a generic moody teenager with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>94859402
What I hate the most is that he only acts good if he's forced to. The old bart would honestly help someone if he felt bad for them, now bart goes out of his way to antagonize people.
>>
File: AdultBartKABF14.png (135KB, 299x647px) Image search: [Google]
AdultBartKABF14.png
135KB, 299x647px
>>94859402
Just go with the idea that Season 1-10 Bart is the aged Bart in the episode with Simon Woosterfield And Season 15+ Bart is a different Bart with a different Springfield.
>>
>>94859343
The rise of cruel humor took a real toll on Bart. Now, the idea is that it's funny to watch the same kid who cried his goddamn eyes out over an F in season 2 turn into a drunken layabout who ends up as an eternal loser that contributes nothing to society and is literally worth nothing.
>>
>>94859524
So Bart married Milhouse?
>>
The writers are beta nerds who were bullied in school by people like Bart.
>>
>>94859178
Cause they love Lisa so much, like, for real, too much for they own good.

MOVING ON!
>>
I assumed they just hate his voice actor.
>>
>>94859840
Pretty much this. Back in the 90's a character like Bart was a symbol of rebellion and anti-authoritarianism. Today it's just a symbol of unchecked white male privilege.
>>
>>94859840
Ironically bart was never a bully like say compared to nelson. Sure, he would take advantage of milhouse at times, but he truly considered him a friend.
>>
>>94859979
actually from what I've heard the writing staff doesn't really like Lisa much at all, they just use her a lot because her VA literally only does Lisa but is paid the same as the rest of the main cast, so they give her so much plot focus as it's the only way they can justify paying her so much for so little
>>
As fuzzy as Simpsons' cannon is. the Future is always been set. This episode decided to fuck it all and created a new future where abe is dead.
>>
>>94860468
That and matt groening loves lisa.
>>
>>94859178
the bart hate was one of the most clear signs that the show went to shit
>>
>>94860468
Oh, and Yeardley also tries to tell the writers how to do their job.
>>
>>94859293
what are you even talking about?
simpsons hasn't changed hardly at all since it began. that's part of the problem. when family guy has more continuity/character development than you, you know you've got a problem.
>>
Think the Simpsons have a canned series finale episode? That they made years and years ago to use in case of sudden cancellation?
>>
>>94860521
No, there are a lot of different futures. There's the one where Lisa is president, one where Lisa married Milhouse, one where Lisa nearly married that British guy, a future where Bart is a judge, and a few meaningless fast-forwards. The future has always been changing to fit whatever plot; though lately they seem to be focused on making Jenda a recurring thing.

>>94859178
I didn't mind this episode, actually. Bart WAS shat on a lot, but he was sympathetic throughout the whole thing, and ended up a success. The only bad thing was the fact that they made Lisa "in the right" for the last part, even though this, and most episodes show us what a spoiled bitch Lisa is, who ALWAYS gets what she wants from Bart.
>>
>>Boys will be boys?! That's toxic masculinity shit! Let's teach Bart that he's a piece of shit and show men that they must fall in line!
>>
>>94860575
example?
>>
>>94859178
You feel sorry for Bart. That's how it usually goes with these kinds of episodes.
>>
>>94859178
Was this not a movie parody?

And did this not somewhat defend Bart for his lack of self-esteem?

Are you all idiots yes you are i dont need a comma to seperate this thought you're ALL idiots
and probably perfect to be writers for modern simpsons
>>
>>94860675
Judge Bart is so far one of the few that it feels satisfactory, also Bart enjoying being in the demolition business.

You pointed out my main issue here, Lisa never really loses, all the other characters cave in and protect her or she is oblivious to her own situation being her fault almost entirely, Lisa is no longer entertaining to watch as her episodes are mostly reused plots of she learning old lessons without even failing at a topic to begin with.
>>
>>94860761
I can't make heads or tails of this sentence. it's got no commas.
>>
>>94860779
judge bart is also the only one you can call canon, since is not some hallucination or a gypsy fortunetlling lisa
>>
>>94860779
Reminder that this happened
Can't find the clip in English but the dialogue isn't important anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAx3x-5Uha8
>>
>>94860779
Agreed. The show reuses a lot of plots, but it's especially worse with Lisa because they're even more same-y, and she has a shitton of episodes now. The only recent good Lisa episode was that Gatsby parody, where she was written out of character to be shallow and weak to temptation.

Lisa has done some shitty things, like letting Bart throw away chances at having a good future just to make her happy when SHE fucks up.
>>
File: 1497306026401.gif (621KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
1497306026401.gif
621KB, 440x247px
>that episode where Bart discovers he's gifted with playing a drumset
>Lisa gets jealous when he gets picked over her
>Later in the episode, she brings home a bunch of dangerous animals
>this causes a tiger to bite Bart, causing nerve damage to his arm that prevents him from playing the drums
>a fundraiser concert is started to raise money for Bart to get surgery that will fix the damage
>he instead uses the money to build a nature preserve for the animals
>Lisa is happy, so this is a happy ending

I will never not be mad.
>>
File: 1502374172182.jpg (13KB, 392x383px) Image search: [Google]
1502374172182.jpg
13KB, 392x383px
>>94859178
why does bart always have to end up a loser?

why isn't bart that cool skateboarding kid?
>>
File: 1496274459166.jpg (73KB, 794x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496274459166.jpg
73KB, 794x640px
>>94860864
>Lisa is constantly shown as being terrible in gym class and sports
>Yet is somehow able to knock out her brother with a single hit
>>
>>94861449
>expecting marxists to accurately depict how a fight between a boy and a girl would actually play out
>>
>>94861406
>"Of course I hate you, are you kidding me? You were just like the rest of those meathead jocks, picking on anyone who had even a fraction more intelligence and creativity than you. The only difference is that you jerks wanted to be 'special', you'd bully me and my friends while acting like you didn't care about the rest of the cool kids in high school even though you knew damn well you were one of the coolest. I spent the worst four years of my life in your shadow, and now? Now I work in Hollywood, I have a triple figure salary, and I am respected by my peers and my beautiful wife. You, on the other hand, are a jobless bum who values cheap wine and lotto tickets. I am definitively better than you, and I believe it's karma for the way you treated me back when we were kids. They say that vengeance is a dish best served cold, and by God I understand how it feels now."
>>
>>94859178
because they cant write for shit
original bart was impressionable, new bart has adhd
original bart never paid attention in school, new bart is retarded
original bart was good deep down, new bart has mood swings
original bart played pranks, new bart is hitler
this is true for every character but its really notticeable in bart because it feels like they are forced to have him in the show at all, funny he was the original main character
>>
>>94861385
The one that I really hate is when they take that test and Bart would be good as a Police Officer and Lisa is a Homemaker. Bart becomes a pretty good hall monitor while Lisa is a cunt about it shits on Marge and becomes a bad girl and steals the teacher's edition text books, Bart finds out and quickly takes the blame.
>>
>>94860779
>Judge Bart is so far one of the few that it feels satisfactory, also Bart enjoying being in the demolition business.

Demolition Bart was also putting himself through law school.

There's kind of through line there- School Age Bart learns he like being a cop, but sacrifices himself to defeat Lisa's delinquency, then muddles around for a bit, goes to law school, and then gradually makes his way up the Judicial ladder.
>>
>>94861729
so tired of hearing this. the show hasn't changed a bit. it's the same tired shit. you just "outgrew" it.
>>
>>94859178
because simpsons "fans" are a bunch of intolerable twats. you whine yet you keep watching it and keeping it on the air. retards.
>>
>>94861729
>original bart was impressionable
Yes, he was. I wrote El Barto on my walls with permanent marker as a kid and got in trouble for it.
>>
>>94861763

Shut up, Moviebob.
>>
>>94861763
funny thing last christmas we where stuck in some distant relatives house watching some simpsons special reruns because there was fuck all to do until dinner and it was all early stuff and everyone was laughing
but you are not the first retard to pretend the thing he is a fan of is still great and everyone else is wrong, people are still defending hitler and claiming he is just misunderstood so there is that
>>
File: 1387375375877.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1387375375877.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>94861763
>>
>>94861841
it's as shitty as it always was. you're just not blinded by nostalgia with later episodes.
>>
@94861845

>le bait xD

welp, can't argue with that.
>>
>>94861406
>yfw you are bart and the reason you hate him ending up a loser is because the writers wrote bart as the average dude kid and thats most of tv.
>>
>>94861763
How about you watch and compare one old episode and a new one before you pretend to know what the fuck you're talking about?
>>
>>94860587
Ew, gross, the only continuity Simpsons needs is the occasional callbacks Krusty makes every so often about how many times Bart and Lisa have saved his career and life. Continuity is poison to the Simpsons
>>
File: 1384901339477.png (57KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
1384901339477.png
57KB, 625x656px
>>94861885
>>
File: shitposting3.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting3.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>94861763
>>94861885
>>
>>94861714
Whoa triple figure salary, things seem to be going well for you at your McDonald's
>>
>>94860618
What could even be a fitting finale at this point?
>>
>>94861986
>>94862018
>no argument

figures.
>>
>>94861979
but that means there's no way the characters can be anything more than 2-dimensional stereotypes. which is fine, but then you can't pretend the show is anything more than average. it may be influential, but it never really came out of its shell or reached its full potential. and that's sort of a shame in my eyes.
>>
Going by Simpsons threads on /co/, Simpsons fans are a bunch of obsessed freaks who project their entire self-image onto the animated drawings in front of them. Doubly so if they're STILL watching new seasons that they still hate.
>>
>>94862183
I mean if I played you any of the classical Simpsons episodes in random sequence would you be able to piece together what order they went in based on their "character development" alone? Bart's always a brat with a heart of gold, Lisa a precocious second grader who tries to do good in the world, Homer a well-meaning doofus trying to make his way through the world and Marge the loving wife and mother with a goofy streak to her
>>
>>94862277
definitely. just go to no homers allowed. full of the most obnoxious idiots imaginable. simpsons fans are like Zelda fans.. they worship a thoroughly average series that isn't as influential as they seem to think it is. but whenever you try to say this you get met with

>(you)

and autistic screeching
ah well. say la vee.
>>
File: 14905602195090.png (230KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
14905602195090.png
230KB, 450x450px
>>94862289
>classical

which is....
>>
>>94862277
>>94862346
Still lightyears ahead of Simpsons discussion from back on usenet. Those guys hated every single episode from season 3 and 4.
>>
>>94862396
never realized the fanbase was so toxic. really opened my eyes.
>>
>>94862385
Seasons 1-10 is the consensus of Good Simpsons
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFNbCcyFkk

The tl:dw of this is that the author contends the Simpsons was a satire of late '80s American culture and especially television and after a few years the cultural trends it was lampooning no longer existed and it had to change to survive but never found anything other than generic wacky sitcom to turn to.

Is he right?
>>
File: Gayandindenial.jpg (35KB, 216x350px) Image search: [Google]
Gayandindenial.jpg
35KB, 216x350px
>>94862385
Why does there exist an inaccurately colored picture of Yumi from Maria-sama ga Miteru?
>>
>>94862346
>they worship a thoroughly average series that isn't as influential as they seem to think it is
You must be underage if you don't remember how huge of a cultural phenomenon the Simpsons was circa 1993.
>>
>>94860675
all those futures are part of the same timeline.
>>
>>94862625
It sounded about right to me. I think the examples and comparison to the humour of the past Simpsons (the example sited was in Bart Sells His Soul where a street cleaner attempts to run over Bart on his bike) helped state the point pretty well.
>>
>>94862625
>The tl:dw of this is that the author contends the Simpsons was a satire of late '80s American culture and especially television and after a few years the cultural trends it was lampooning no longer existed and it had to change to survive but never found anything other than generic wacky sitcom to turn to
It's not that, but the Simpsons and Springfield stopping being average blue collar slobs and turned into a bunch of dippy California hipsters who hang out with celebrities and go to wine tasting festivals.
>>
>>94859178
Bart sucks.
>>
>>94859562
that episode made me cry when i was younger and still makes me a bit teary eyed
>>
>>94862839
I really doubt that. Lisa didn't seem to be destined to become president in the Futures Passed, and Bart didn't seem to have any kids in the vision where Lisa was president.

Also, the episode where Bart became judge was based around Bart cleaning up his life after being disciplined and guided. But then other futures show that he's a loser, even in his middle age. Can any of those Barts become a judge, much less a supreme court judge? Judge Bart was old, but not that old.

Barthood also showed that Abe died when Bart and Lisa were teens, but he's alive in Holidays of Futures Passed. Not to mention, technology in all those futures varies wildly.
>>
File: IMG_1974.jpg (100KB, 594x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1974.jpg
100KB, 594x960px
I quit at season 15. I've been home sick and bored. Is season 16 worth the watch?
>>
>>94861926
Why don't people know how to quote in 2017?
>>
>>94863372
You should have quit even earlier.
>>
>>94863395
welcome to post-ironic shitposting, it's terrible
>>
>>94863288
>I really doubt that. Lisa didn't seem to be destined to become president in the Futures Passed, and Bart didn't seem to have any kids in the vision where Lisa was president.
>Also, the episode where Bart became judge was based around Bart cleaning up his life after being disciplined and guided. But then other futures show that he's a loser, even in his middle age. Can any of those Barts become a judge, much less a supreme court judge? Judge Bart was old, but not that old.
>Barthood also showed that Abe died when Bart and Lisa were teens, but he's alive in Holidays of Futures Passed. Not to mention, technology in all those futures varies wildly.
No, it's in the same timeline
>>
>>94859402
well observed but there's another aspect to this not only the actors and the writers but Matt Groening himself know they're all going to die and they hate young people for having their lives ahead of them. They can forgive Lisa because she's basically born old but Bart's contempt for to the professional lifestyles they lead and couldn't care less manner only reminds them their bodies ache and the clock's running down
>>
>>94863395
It's a way of responding someone without giving them the (You)'s they crave.

>>94863551
And your reasoning is?
>>
>>94863372

There's a good Nelson-Marge episode in Season 16 which really reminded me of classic simpsons.

That's all I remember.
>>
@94863559
This guy has been doing way too much ketamine.
>>
>>94863372
Don't. That's the season where Selma adopts some Chinese kid.
>>
Pop question: Why do people in Simpsons threads talk of Matt Groening like he's actively involved with the show or has had any active involvement since 1992?
>>
>>94862396
Oh, and they were a lot more annoying and snobby than anyone here. They acted as if alt.tv.simpsons was their s33krit clubhouse and disliked outsiders who weren't group regulars.
>>
>>94863758
What's wrong with that? It makes sense for her character, it's cute, and it's not like Ling takes over the show or anything.
>>
>>94860675
>ALWAYS
what about the episode where bart learns boston wasn't the bad boy paradise he thought it was and ruined it for everyone else who had a change of heart?
>>
>>94862102
Bob Newhart ending.

It is just a normal simpsons episode. Then the last few minutes. it is tracey ullman waking up from a couch in her dressing room in what is supposedly the set of her 80s TV show.
>>
File: glg.jpg (32KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
glg.jpg
32KB, 800x450px
>>94863955
You're incredibly new if you don't remember the terrible things that happened to /co/ because of that character.
>>
Isn't his VA kind of a douchebag?
>>
>>94864336
What happened?
>>
>>94859178
Anon The Simpsons only aired for 8 seasons and 1 episode of their season 9 before being canceled. Stop watching fanfiction.
>>
>>94864459

Worse. She's a Scientologist.
>>
File: giphy.gif (163KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
163KB, 500x282px
>>94864500
An autist who drew mundane, yet horribly creepy fanart of Maggie and the Chinese baby aged up. He ruined the Batman threads for several months.
>>
>>94864298
>her
??
>>
>>94864180
Yes, I'm exaggerating. Bart's done shitty things, like the time he trapped the family on a cruise ship so they could all have fun. But my point is that Lisa is a spoiled cunt who nearly always wins.

>>94864336
I've been on the site for years, but I only started coming on /co/ this year. I missed out on all the good /co/story.
>>
>>94862924
I think the modern Simpsons is really one of the most blisteringly unfunny shows on TV, it's such a huge step-down from how well written it used to be. Most of the jokes are just Homer being retarded, something strange/dumb happening or a reference to some ephemeral pop-culture fad that is just gone by the time the episode airs. The jokes themselves just feel so poorly structured and not even properly thought out that you can tell they haven't been properly reworked into actually being funny, they are usually really poorly timed, often lasting way too long or just not even making it off the launchpad. I never really thought about it that much before, but it's true that old Simpsons jokes really were a bunch of tiny jokes that built off one another and it's clear that jokes like that have been refined from an original joke where nowadays it's just incredibly lazy and are more a formality than anything else. I would love to be a writer on The Simpsons these days because of how easy a paycheck it is, it's not like anybody is going to think you've done a bad job no matter what you do.

It's sad that I can honestly say that Family Guy is actually funnier than modern Simpsons, at least Family Guy just has rapid fire, low quality jokes where maybe 1 in 100 will make you almost laugh, but modern Simpsons doesn't even have that.
>>
>>94864901
what i miss the most personally is the weird little gags like homer's BBBQ invitation
>>
>>94864901
They fell hard into the concept of trying to poke fun of pop culture but not realizing the complete disconnect between when something is written and when something's relevant and when the episode actually airs. For example, I heard there was an episode that... not really satirized it but simply referenced Pokemon Go, right down to an attempted parody of the Pokemon theme song at the end. Like a year after Pokemon Go was even relevant.

I watched twenty seven seasons of the Simpsons (because I had literally nothing to do and just wanted to) and as it went on, the best I could say about an episode would be that it's... alright. No truly hilarious or good moments.
>>
>>94865006
The Simpsons and Family Guy cannot do topical jokes, their production schedules are too long. That's for South Park.
>>
>>94865006
That's what I mean about the "ephemeral" pop-culture things, like it's just something one of the writers had some (usually uninteresting) take on something people are talking about, seemingly unaware that people probably won't be talking about it anymore by the time the episode is produced and aired.

>>94864960
Oh they still have weird jokes but they just make you sit back and say "what?" in a confused tone instead of them being the result of a writer having fun with a character. Stuff like Homer and Bart scuttling around and acting like crabs or whatever was meant to be funny about that episode with the "screamapillar"
>>
>>94865226
I heard South Park's productions are like, lightning fast. So when they do topical humour and comment on things that are relevant at the time, chances are they're still relevant at the time of airing. Or they're not so old that people have moved on or forgotten about it.
>>
>>94865272
>instead of them being the result of a writer having fun with a character
Lisa making sci-fi sfx in "Co-Dependent's Day". That was actually funny and the right way to do it.
>>
>>94865296
They typically make episodes, from script to animation, in about 6 days.
>>
There was a NoHomers thread about plots the show hasn't done yet and you'd be surprised at how many interesting ones they came up with that I'd much rather see than 45 variations on Bart getting a girlfriend or Marge and Homer have a fight.
>>
>>94860618
The season one finale was orginally supposed to reveal marge as one of the rabbits from life in hell. There's an alternate universe right now where that happened and the simpsons has a massive overarching plot
>>
>>94859178

Because original Bart was counterculture. He and the Simpsons family lampooned the normal nuclear whitebread family shows that came before it.

"Im Bart Simpson, who the hell are you" and "Crap damn tit" were the dirty south park-isms when Simpsons was just getting popular.

Then the xtreme attitude 90s hit, and suddeny el barto WAS the culture. Wrestling went from colorful monster truck men to wrestling meets Jerry Springer, and Jerry Springer himself slowly went from being shocking to basically the norm. So much so that other shows like Maury Povich began emulating it but with a slightly more "family friendly" approach.

The idea behind the Simpsons was no longer original and was becoming increasingly stale. Bart went from cool to dork/loser. Homer went from oaf to retard. Lisa's charachter was turned up to 11 and is now part of the grrrlz are better bandwagon.

It shouldnt be a surprise that Bart's increasingly the punching bag and Lisa increasingly the girl-power charachter on steroids. It's the norm in the modern man and boy-hate era.
>>
>>94859178
because Nancy Cartwright is a Scientologist and used to call up people to get them to join or give money to the Church of Scientology using her Bart Simpson voice until she was told to stop doing that.

fuck that cult
>>
>>94860587
That's actually kind of the opposite of the problem.
Simpsons hasn't gone bad because it hasn't changed, it's gone bad because it's changed for the worst.
There are a million posts, reviews, videos, and whatever else, that all say it fairly clearly. Simpsons lost its heart, it lost its edge, and the thing it was mocking (1980's American family ideals, specifically how the pertain the sitcoms of the era) no longer exists. The change that characters have gone through has generally been for the worse, as well, to the point where there's a term describing such a phenomenon named after one of the characters from the show.
>>
>>94859178
If that's true, then why did he have a successful life at the end of the episode?
>>
File: 1308941030216.jpg (33KB, 334x290px) Image search: [Google]
1308941030216.jpg
33KB, 334x290px
>>94859343
what I hate more is how often Bart CRIES. there's so many episodes that are just him fucking crying in modern Simpsons
>>
>>94863660
I personally despised the Lisa subplot in that episode.
>>
>>94859211
Just once I'd like to see an episode where Lisa admits she's wrong and has to be the one that gives up something
>>
>>94859178
Because his VA is a crazy Scientologist who pisses them off.
>>
>>94859178
Males aren't allowed to have happy endings
>>
>>94866778
but i just had one like 2 hours ago, it was an extra $40
>>
Any good torrents for Simpsons before the T-Virus set in?
>>
File: bart gets an F.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bart gets an F.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>94859343
>and who could do decent if he just tried
No he couldn't.
>>
>>I don 'r kn ow hgo but I'm listening to the soundtaccl fpr Godzilla v S <othra right now and it's freakig me out that tis; sudden;y just playing on ot iwn own.
>>
>>94862132
Makes sense, a fake, empty claim receives no arguments in response
>>
>>94859293
It's "like a god" (lowercase "g").
>>
>>94866853
He just wasn't a test taker. Right after that he demonstrates he knows what he's talking about
>>
File: 1492628013177.webm (573KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1492628013177.webm
573KB, 720x404px
>>94859199
>see clickbait modern simpsons clip on youtube
>episode is about marge and the kids doing motion capture for a VR simulation where Mr Burns think they're his real family
>literally has a scene where Marge strips to have sex with Mr Burns
what the fuck even happened to this show
>>
>>94867624
i don't know it's almost like its written by ayys
>>
Who even watches Zombie Simpsons? I don't know anyone IRL who watches the show anymore and most are surprised that it's still on the air.
>>
>>94867762
I feel like it's mostly children.
>>
File: gay silence.jpg (11KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
gay silence.jpg
11KB, 480x480px
>>94861763
>>
>>94867762
When I was in the 7th grade back in 1999, my classmates didn't watch new episodes anymore and anyone who did was made fun of.
>>
Bart is essentially a representation of the classic writers and Lisa the new ones. The qualities that make Bart a loser in the Nu-writer's eyes are the same ones that Matt had to have in order to make the show in the first place. Bart never tried to impress anyone with his "wit" or preach a message, he just tried to be funny.
>>
>>94867886
>Middle Schoolers making fun of each other for stupid, arbitrary reasons, while rebelling against things that they enjoyed when they were younger under the preconception that anything they liked back then was childish
STOP THE PRESSES
>>
>>94859592
Either Milhouse or someone that looks like him.
>>
Why is Al Jean still allowed to run the show?
>>
>>94861449
It's a joke.
>>
File: maxresdefault2.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>94866011
I think one of the most decisive and worst changes of the new Simpons, is how they rely on pop-culture and famous cameos.
Looking at any of the new episodes (I can't pinpoint the concrete season, but I would say around 8-10), I can't help but realize almost everyone of them has a famous involved in some capacity, sometimes even kickstarting or overriding the whole episode, like that episode where Bart steals Robert O'leary phone, and the WHOLE length of "Lisa goes Gaga". And if it's not a famous, is about a recent event or trend that by the time the episode in question airs, it's already forgotten. They made a new episode about Pokemon GO a year later after the fad died quickly and it was remenbered with mockery rather than fondness.

The Simpsons could find a new core, new values to mock, and the characters could grow to represent those fine, I'm sure of that. But that can't happen as the series are right now, because to be able to satirize something, you have to feel genuine, feel honest. And everytime the Simpons pause to call the attention to one cameo or trend-
>It's Nsync!
>It's Simmon Powell!
>It's Susan Sarandon!
>It's GAry Larson!
>It's (insert famous person here)
-it feels nothing but insincere, forced and fake.

>to the point where there's a term describing such a phenomenon named after one of the characters from the show.
That's the flanderization, or there's another one I've missed?
>>
>>94868854
You're a joke.
>>
>>94867958

Kids will make fun of each other for having orange hair. They will literally make fun of anyone for anything, no matter how arbitrary or meaningless. Putting any stock in the things that a 7th grader considers to be worthy of mockery is in and of itself worthy of mockery.
>>
>>94861763
I can't tell if people like you are trolling or this dumb.
>>
>>94866778
Did you watch the episode in the OP? He has exactly that.
>>
>>94867624
"Fox turned into a hardcore porn channel so gradually no one noticed."
>>
File: hqdefault (7).jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (7).jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>94868230
>Milhouse's cousin
>>
>>94867958
which s why the shifted focus to lisa and making her the main- it used to be bart
>>
>>94861576
There are exceptions.
https://youtu.be/yOJ0sSXPbMQ?t=30s
>>
>>94859840
Bart has never been a bully. He was bullied. The girls called him "fatty fatty fat fat". He was more of an outsider than anything else and because of that he was the class clown.
Dunno about nu-Bart.
>>
File: asd.gif (758KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
asd.gif
758KB, 320x240px
>>94860339
The Simpsons writers were all the Milhouse growing up.
>>
File: 1439987539990.png (174KB, 867x898px) Image search: [Google]
1439987539990.png
174KB, 867x898px
>>94860732
^This. the writers are wimpy kids grown up into BETAMAX's. Imagine if a grown up Doug wrote for the simpsons. Nothing about the show would change.
>>
>>94874736
Honestly this guy seems based and a good person too

Do women not understand that spending excessively makes you go from rich to poor?
>>
>>94874736
ahahaahaha dumb whore
>>
>>94859178
Bart's voice actress is a Scientologist so they try to shit on him just to spite her out of sheer autism.
>>
>>94867624

>Burnsy using the magic of VR to cuck his wagefags

mein nigger
>>
>>94859178
post that image where he cums inside one of the twins and then finds out that she's not the one he thought
>>
>>94860618
>We must go. Our planet needs us
>The simpsons died on their way back
>>
Simpsons has always been hyper liberal, and right now the liberal thing to do is to hate little white boys.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.