[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*ruins your show*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: Elektra.jpg (48KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
Elektra.jpg
48KB, 850x478px
*ruins your show*
>>
>>94857212
haha look I can make threads too! give me your (you)s!
>>
I found the relationship between Matt and Elektra compelling. Just wish the dialogue wasn't so dramatic.
>>
She could ruin my show anytime she wants
>>
>>94857854
I liked it too. Was nice seeing Matt make terrible decisions and get even more conflicted over what he is doing.
>>
>>94857212
best
g
r
i
l
l
>>
Defenders had no clear best grill until she regained her memories.
>>
>>94857212
>ywn cover electric nachos with your special sauce
Why even live?
>>
>>94857212
She was fine in daredevil. They wrote her character (and everyone's character) like complete shit in Defenders.
>>
>>94857212
She spit on its corpse, iron fist and coal burner lass already ruined it
>>
>>94859268

Mmm yeah girl, you take a big long filthy dump all over that corpse
>>
>>94857854
Matt is definitely the one character they got almost exactly right. Elektra is pretty close, especially in her interactions with Matt.
>>
>>94857212

>muh few
>>
im sorry but its hard to believe she can do any of her stunts she's so tiny

the only person I believe less is Thea
>>
>Can overpower two people with super strength
That took me out of the show every time.
>>
File: IMG_1415.jpg (426KB, 2000x1673px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1415.jpg
426KB, 2000x1673px
"Not muh Elektra."
-Frank Miller
>>
>>94859629
No, I think Elektra was portrayed badly here.

She is supposed to be seductive, cold, merciless.

Here she is "Hungry? xD"
>>
>>94857212
I honestly thought she was interesting, and though the Frankening was better, I liked how she represented a different moral conundrum for Matt. She tapped into his primal self, the violent animal he lets out of the cage as Daredevil. She attracts him in a way that takes away his sensibilities, and I thought it was interesting. Granted, I thought the whole "breaking into a house" scene was too much.
>>
why was bakuto no hurt by the bullets Misty fired? I thought they were come back from the dead invincible not regeneration or healing factor invincible
>>
>>94861193
I guess I meant more in Daredevil than Defenders. Everyone is written badly in Defenders, but the guy playing Matt is just such a good actor he still comes off ok.
>>
>>94861092
he looks like circa 1975 bob Dylan there.
>>
>>94861248
I don't think he was regenerating, just ignoring the pain.
>>
>>94861346
I forget that the actor isn't actually blind
>>
>>94860189
>>94861032
Sigourney weaver was more intimidating.
>>
>>94857212
What's with the shills? Literally just keep seeing threads with different characters followed by *ruins your show*.

>Aalso Sage

I thought she was good in DareDevil season 2. Was great in that actually. I thought she was good in defenders. Wasent great but neither was the show.
>>
>>94859261
This^

Everyone was just poorly written.
>DareDevil was the least effected but was still written worse than previous shows
>they turned Jessica Jones's "I'm the cool drunk bitch" meter up to 11
>They turned Luke's "I'm reppin Harlem" meter to like 9
>They actually improved Danny, but doubled down on his kiddish nature, which is either a good thing or a bad thing depending how you like Danny.
>Colieen just became the side bitch because the cool "supers" are doing the main work,
>Stick has the hand cutting badass moment, but then becomes toothless for story related purposes.
>Elektra was fine, but they turned the craziness meter up to like 10, which is understandable, but not really.
>Madame Gao became super toothless early on just to prop up Alexandria, which I hated.
>Every other side character just became hollow shells of their former selves making decisions they normally wouldn't make.

I also feel like they ignore or forget some cannon when it comes to revival and what not, but maybe that's just me.

I also found that the fight scenes were really badly edited and I had trouble following what was going on beyond "someone's getting punched."
>>
>>94863409
so..just like crossover/event comics?

they did a good job adapting then?
>>
>>94862846
He's become DD for me. He's got the rugged but handsome look, a good fitting voice, great acting skills and of course plays a blind man perfectly.

If they ever add them to the movie,mor even do a movie spinoff I hope he gets chosen. He's just too good.
>>
>>94863482
this

charlie cox is perfect and is THE daredevil now.
>>
>>94863478
I mean, I guess.

I just expected better I suppose. DareDevil season 2 was like the height of the netflix marvel series for me, especially because it handled having multiple heroes/vilians well. I guess I thought we would get something like that but with all 4 of them.

Instead it was all superficial, just like crossovers. So if it was aiming to be like that then it got it right. But it failed at being a great show Imo.
>>
Elektra is hot as fuck
>>
>>94863518
Do you think it's because there really hasent been people to play DD before? I mean we had Affleck but he was terrible, and we didn't have any animated DD to become attachted to.

So if he did even just slightly good, would he become "DareDevil" because he was good at acting, or because he was the first.
>>
>>94863863
>or because he was the first
I don't think the guy who played Iron Fist is THE Iron Fist now.

Charlie Cox plays the role great. You may have a point that we didn't have someone in that slot already but he checks all the boxes for DD.

Especially being convincingly blind.
>>
File: IMG_5093.jpg (101KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5093.jpg
101KB, 768x1024px
>>94857212
Daredevil:
>I want to do crazy ninja stuff
>Oh I'm actually a SUPER ninja meant to do crazy ninja stuff? Oh no! Save me Matt!

Defenders:
>I want to know who I am I'm sick of being a super crazy ninja lady
>Oh I used to be a regular crazy ninja lady who was less crazy with Matt around? Whelp better kill my master and become evil super crazy ninja lady master
>Now I want to be immortal
>Now I want to die because it makes me feel alive

Her character was literally whatever the plot needed it to be.
>>
>>94863974

He is a really good actor and has become Daredevil for myself as well. Shame Daredevil won't be in the MCU in any way.
>>
*Poppy Pipopunishes your show*
>>
>>94861444
Different anon, but someone who can ignore the pain of a few direct gunshot wounds.. expresses clear pain when a rebar is sticking out of his chest? What I think happened is he used some ambiguous chi technique to harden his skin, wouldn't really be out of the blue.

The fact we don't know which it is is more due to the crappy characterization of the Hand in general.
>>
I liked defenders.

Good:
Danny's childishness is balanced out by the other defenders.
Matt's development as he finally accepts that he should trust others is fun.
That wutang fight scene with Luke and Danny is fire.
Colleen.
Fight choreography is much improved, only DD had good choreography before this.
Pacing: brings the Defenders together organically and drives them along in a sensible way.
The score.
Sigourney weaver, finally gives the hand a cool face.
Jessica's (non-romantic) chemistry with Matt is fun.

Neutral:
The secret villain plan reveal is not shocking but at least it's not a generic destroy the world thing.
Doesn't leave much room for a sequel that makes sense (but this could make the sequel more creative if done well).
Supporting characters not named colleen, foggy, or misty aren't very compelling. Not saying they did a bad job, but why should I care?
How did madame Gao get telekinesis?
Not enough foggy.
Why didn't we get a misty knight crime vision scene?

Bad:
The Black Sky is a load of crap that has no real purpose.
That end sequence with Matt. That was so predictable.
Stick's decisions feel forced and dumb.
The romance between Matt and Elektra could have been written by a thirteen year old.
Villain less interesting after that (spoiler) happens and the focus is shifts to you know who.
Never explains why henchmen are so loyal, what's in it for them?
Defenders decision when they learn the big secret about Danny doesn't make sense.
Danny is still a fucking tool.
After episode 4 Luke and Jessica's motivations are kinda brushed over.
>>
>>94865663
>Never explains why henchmen are so loyal

Aren't they Hand? They straight up slowly indoctrinate you and threaten your family, we saw that in Iron Fist.
>>
>>94865663
>Pacing: brings the Defenders together organically and drives them along in a sensible way.

Now thats a damn lie and you know it. Waiting for episode 3 is way too long for a team up, and the delay in forming a team was lame.

>The Black Sky is a load of crap that has no real purpose.
My biggest gripe

>After episode 4 Luke and Jessica's motivations are kinda brushed over.

My second biggest gripe
>>
>>94860189
None of them do their own stunts, it's easy to find out who the stunt doubles are
>>
>>94866557
i mean the character stunt double or not because of how small she is throwing around grown men just seems ridiculous. maybe the resurection made her stronger but pre death was silly to me
>>
>>94857470
(He never got a You)
I'll be the first.
>>
>>94861032
>>94861032
>>94861032
>>
>>94866316
>Now thats a damn lie and you know it. Waiting for episode 3 is way too long for a team up, and the delay in forming a team was lame.

If you don't have that build up you can't have any explanation at all of why Luke and Jessica are there. Also it makes the hallway fight that much cooler.

Also good:
Longer, no-cut takes. I hate that Cloverfield crap
>>
I don't want to watch Defenders because of how much I feel they ruined Iron Fist in his own series. There is no saving the character and watching him interact with others will leave me with that phantom pain of what could have been the Power Man and Iron Fist team up on screen I had been waiting for forever.

God, I'm so devastated by how bad Iron Fist turned out. The Immortal Iron Fist run is what got me into reading comics as a whole and I keep a copy of the pictured comic on my desk at every job I've worked;so I have a jumping off point for talking about kung fu shit with people who recognize it or show interest.
>>
>>94865663
>black sky is a load of crap with no purpose

It did have/serve a purpose, though it was explained in a round about way.

The black sky was the opposite of iron fist in a sense. While iron fist was a weapon (and a key I guess) for Kung Lun, the black sky was a weapon for the hand. She is supposed to posses incredible skill with a variety of weapons (or all weapons) and has a constant desire to kill anything that gets in her path.

Basically a murder machine thats to be used against the hands enemies.

But only Alexandria believed in it, the other members of the hand were on board, but figured they could do just as much as the Black Sky could. And of course once they saw that the black sky wasent as cracked up as it was to be, they wanted to just ditch it, but Alexandria had already fallen in love and basically wanted to be a mother for it.

It had purpose, but it wasent some super threat.

>Luke and Jessica's motivations were unclear past episode 4

Luke's was just "MUH black youth". As long as the hand was alive they would keep recruiting poor innocent black youth to work for them, which of course would result in them dying or being arrested. And Luke wants none of that. He also sticks with it because they can harm misty and anyone else he cares about.

The only reason Jessica stayed was because they could harm Trish. But even then all she did was complain about how much she didn't want to be apart of anything and was generally a piece of shit as per usual. Which of course makes things unclear
>>
>>94870799
It's because they didn't have the time nor the budget to make a good show for iron fist.

That's why it's mostly a business drama and why Danny rarely uses the fist.

Overall I thought it was decent, better then Jessica Jones, but it wasent the Danny that I've know from comics/other shows.
>>
>>94857212

She's the only half way decent antagonist out of all those they used. The waste of alexandra alone explains why a lot of people like elektra.
>>
>>94865663
>How did madame Gao get telekinesis?
Pretty sure she already had TK in DD s2
>>
>>94871065
>It did have/serve a purpose, though it was explained in a round about way

The Black Sky exists to kill the hands enemies? How did that happen? Are they just willing her into existence? And then they instantly don't want her? Are they just being random? Did Kunlun make her? What?

>>94874774
I remember. That doesn't answer the question though.
>>
>>94869326
gee, thanks, anon. I appreciate that.
>>
I think the main issue is that The Hand is built up as this giant mystical threat in Ironfist and Daredevil but then they kind of just aren't. Like its baffling that the Chaste exist when the hand is so fucking incompetent that they should have been murdered and had their corpses destoried decades before the show even started
>>
>>94861092
there is two Frank Millers? Because the one behind looks like him when he was sick
>>
>>94865112
/m/fags needs to stay in /m/ and take your cancer with you
>>
>>94875527
>The Black Sky exists to kill the hands enemies? How did that happen? Are they just willing her into existence?
From what I can tell she was a prophecy. Kung Lun had their champion fighter, Iron Fist, so someone probably figured, or prophesied, that they would have one too called the black sky. So they went looking for someone who fit the description to the prophecy, someone who had mastered all weapons and had an undying need to kill. Sure they could train people to become good at using weapons, but they just couldn't find someone who had this eternal lust for killing, so they searched.

In DD they found a kid who was the black sky, a young Chinese kid, so I assume that the urge to kill is the most important part of being the black sky, rather then the mastery of all weapons part.

That being said it seems the black sky was more or less a legendary figure, and doesn't hold any "power" beyond legends.

>And then they instantly don't want her? Are they just being random?
No, the four fingers of the hand had doubts that the black sky was anything usefull, or possessed anything that they didn't have themselves. It was the fifth finger, Alexandria, who throughly believed in the black sky and believed that she would serve the hand and was the key to their success. The others went along with it until the black sky attacked one of their own and they grew tired of putting resources into something they believed didn't work. Alexandria kept believing though.

>Did Kunlun make her? What?
No.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.