[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wants to see the human race advance healthily as a species

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 22

File: 1271054233981.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1271054233981.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>Wants to see the human race advance healthily as a species and not become helpless dependents relying on overpowered "heroes" to do everything.

Why is Lex considered a villain again?
>>
I'm sure the millions of people who would die daily without superheroes are grateful for them
>>
>>94856963
it's justification for his jealousy of superman

he was the savoir of metropolis till superman came and won the people with his simple honesty

after that nobody cared about him anymore
>>
>>94856963
most people dont see the bigger picture and kinda like to live short term when robots fall on you from the sky or when some cyborg mutants mug you. also he goes about it the wrong way, he's manipulative, seeks profit for himself in detriment of others and hurts, maims or kills most people who stand in his way
>>
>>94856963
The Jews.
>>
>>94857003

I'm sure the millions of people he killed in his schemes to kill superman would be too
>>
>>94856963
If he cares about humanity so much why aren't we on Mars?
>>
>>94856963
Because he doesn't actually believe it. He's hyper intelligent, but crazy like batman. he could do so much good for the world, but he just goes around fucking with superman.
>>
File: 1495588303126.jpg (854KB, 1846x2666px) Image search: [Google]
1495588303126.jpg
854KB, 1846x2666px
>>
>>94856963
Because thats a lie to make himself look better. All Lex cares about is having the biggest dick in the room, and Superman gets in the way of that.
>>
File: Everyman2.jpg (463KB, 1280x1966px) Image search: [Google]
Everyman2.jpg
463KB, 1280x1966px
>>
>>94856963
>he thinks Lex Luthor even remotely gives a fuck about any of that
>>
>>94856963
humans have already too much power in the DC universe
>>
>>94856963
Brainiac attacks was such a weird movie. Lex practically acted nothing like his STAS version or even had Clancy brown to voice him
>>
stole 40 cakes
>>
>>94857673
40 cakes! that's as many as 4 10s! and that's terrible!
>>
>>94857102
>>94857490
>>94857612

This, Lex doesn't give a shit. He'd be fine with everyone being helpless and dependant if it was HIM they relied on.
>>
>>94856963
>He fell for the Lex actually believes that shit meme
>>
>>94856963
because human beings deserve to die.
>>
>>94856963
Wasnt there a story of superman actually leaving earth and when he came back, he found out that the only thing lex did was prepare for his comeback?
>>
>>94857521
JUST
>>
>>94856963
I mean he keeps trying to kill large swathes of people so I mean..
>>
>>94856963
Because he's a dick about it.
>>
Great character. Great foil.

Any other Azzarello comics besides Joker and Luthor that you guys would recommend?
>>
>>94856963
Because of his methods in tackling that problem.

And also because at the root, his animosity for Superman isn't driven by altruism, it's driven by narcissism. He wants to be the best on Earth, the Superman all others look up too to inspire them. It's not that Superman makes human progress redundant, it's that Superman makes Lex feel redundant.
>>
>>94857003
The thing I don't get is why don't these rich people who believe in humanity defending itself push for concealed carry and develop more advanced weapons that can kill/disable metahumans

We all know superman would be ok with that because he's from kansas and his parents are both armed as fuck. I don't get how it never occurs to batman that his parents should have been armed. There are lots of rich people in NYC that have the money to get through the humongous maze of hoops it takes to carry a handgun, why couldn't Bruce's parent do that?
>>
>>94856963

Because that motivation is exclusive to YJ.

Normally, he's just a power/knowledge hungry asshole.
>>
>>94857415
This.
>>
File: luthor is a cunt tbh.jpg (4MB, 920x9472px) Image search: [Google]
luthor is a cunt tbh.jpg
4MB, 920x9472px
>>
>>94858209
Thomas could have been packing heat, though. Wouldn't have mattered. Joe Chill had a bead on him. You can't reach for your piece fast enough to avoid getting shot.
>>
>>94856963

Because if he truly believe in that shit, he'd stop trying to sacrifice the lives of millions of people to kill Superman, he'd either just try to show Superman up and make him irrelevant no, Red Son doesn't count , or he'd invite him to dinner and trick him into eating kryptonite laced soup.

He's just a dick who hates Superman, because he triggers his inferiority complex. How many times has a supercomputer, or another Superman enemy, or Lois Lane revealed to Lex that Clark is Superman?

And how many times has Lex gone

>'what, old geeky yet oddly buff Clark from Smallville?
>Nah, he can't be Superman, I'm the best thing that ever came from that place, and besides, he's a total cuck.
>He even visits Lois Lane right before she obviously starts boning Supes, what a loser.
>Did you know I once caught him changing out of a home made Superman suit? Dude has issues, had to give him a lift to work because I felt so sorry for him.
>And this was after Superman escaped my plans again, so I wasn't even in the best of moods'

He's a fucking jackass who is emasculated by the idea of Superman. Worst thing is, if he approached him coolly enough, he could probably corrupt Clark/Supes into doing his bidding for a more Utopian society.

>Well you see Clark, may I call you that? Well you see, this regime needs to be overthrown in order for people's lives to improve
>Unfortunately, if I do it with the intel and arms I have, innocent people will die.
>However, if you do it, we can save everyone! We can reintroduce education, and sanitation and healthcare.
>What do you say? Smallville can save the world if we work together.
>>
Lex believes (or at least has convinced himself) that Superman represents an end to human achievement. Humans will never fly like him. Humans will never be as powerful as him. So humanity will stop striving to achieve greatness and depend on him.

But consider the Legion of Super-Heroes. LoSH started as a Superman spin-off story. 1000 years in the future, a group of teenagers inspired by Superman, all becoming heroes with their own unique powers, working to protect a peaceful inter-stellar civilization where humans and aliens live and work side-by-side. Technological advancement and humans and aliens mixing together have allowed mankind to achieve things that were thought impossible. And they all have rings that let them fly just like Superman.

LoSH existing is literally the proof that Luthor was wrong.
>>
>>94857921
ICE
>>
File: zfidpbjdxuxoqouvfhrv.png (599KB, 800x350px) Image search: [Google]
zfidpbjdxuxoqouvfhrv.png
599KB, 800x350px
>>94859150
SOCIETY OF AMERICA. AND YOU'RE COMING WITH US.
>>
>>94858449
>cunt
I think you mean "redpilled", which is why he's successful.
>>
>>94858209
Batman's philosophy is that a person shouldn't NEED to carry protection when they walk down an alley. He wants a city where the alleys are safe and crime is an aberration, not something to be expected and treated as status quo.
>>
>>94856963
>wants to see the human race advance healthily

doesn't one of the animated movies start out with Lex telling an underling not to showcase a cure for diseases because treating the symptoms was more profitable?
>>
>>94859282
Oh god what did they do to Doc Midnite?
>>
File: 1383773567657.jpg (838KB, 1851x2676px) Image search: [Google]
1383773567657.jpg
838KB, 1851x2676px
Obligatory
>>
>>94856963
Because he keeps all these women in his sex dungeon in his company's basement
>>
>>94857917
Yeah, it was the One Year Later shit. Supes lost his powers for a year and just decided to be Clark Kent. Lex spent all that time stockpiling kryptonite and other shit

Superman even called him out on it "Where's that cancer cure you said you'd make when I died, Lex?"
>>
>>94859605
>He wants a city where the alleys are safe and crime is an aberration, not something to be expected and treated as status quo

In my experience this is most true in areas where gun laws are extremely liberal, and the least true in areas where gun laws are very restrictive.

West Montana is the safest place I've ever lived to walk down the street at 2 in the morning, but you'd get stabbed to death in NYC at 2am by yourself.
>>
>>94860631
Batman stance on guns is really random.
Sometimes he is super autistic about them, other cases he has no problem using them. It honestly makes no sense for him to not want people to have them, he should probably be in full support of people being able to defend themselves.
>>
>>94857490
>but crazy like batman
The Fuck? How is Batman Crazy? Especially in relation to Lex.
>>
>>94857463
I'm pretty it's filled with green guys like the one on the league, what was his name? Martian Mankiller?
>>
>>94860785
Honestly if gotham started handing CCWs to anyone who isn't a felon or sex offender joker would end up getting killed by some random guy or some old lady carrying a .380 in her purse.
>>
But he doesn't actually care about those things at all, he legitimately doesn't care about the people and only does it for recognition he just fucking despises Superman for simply being better than him
>>
>>94856963
Because intent doesn't matter, action does.
>>
>>94858449
The GOAT Lex moment
>>
>>94860785

I feel this is pretty hard to visualise, depending on where you come from, so it's fair enough it's not consistent.

What guns represent to parts of the world that are not the US is the power to take someone's life without skill, conviction, and sometimes even intent. Any moron can kill someone with a gun, especially considering the... interesting situation healthcare in the US is in.

This is excacerbated by the prevalence of 'cop killer' bullets. Arguably against the Geneva convention, these bullets will effectively explode with their maximum force inside a victim, rather than simply penetrating and causing relatively smaller (but still significant) damage.

>But that's just killing anyway, what's the difference

The difference is that it offers little chance for surrender, for treatment, for mercy. It will almost always cause massive haemorraging, vein and organ damage. By shooting someone with a normal bullet, you have caused them great pain but there is hope for change and treatment and mercy. By using 'softer' bullets, you've condemned them to an extremely painful and near assured death. Even if they survive due to some miracle, you have ruined their life forever, for anything as stupid as a drunk confrontation, to an accidental misfire.

Now imagine Batman, a man whose parents died due to an arguably desperate and deranged criminal, in no control of his actions, who was able to kill with a nervous twitch.

He then grows up to fight crime in a city where everyone is either a psycho with no control, a flawed machiavellian schemer who thinks the ends justify the means without ever walking the hard path of justice, or both.

That is why Batman hates guns, because it's so easy to take someone's life, with less effort than using garden shears. Lives he swore to protect, to improve, despite his inner demons and unresolved emotions.

Batman hates guns because they represent everything he fears; an easy path to take others lives just to make his simpler.
>>
>>94861048
Take game of thrones for example.

If guns existed and Tyrion had the option of pistol dueling the mountain, he would seriously consider the option because he would have a real chance of winning.

Guns represent everything you mention to Americans, which is precisely why their use and ownership is so advocated. A gun means a 90 year old woman can survive a home invasion. It means a 98 pound 20 year old girl can kill a rapist. It means you can do something about the 5 knife wielding killers stalking you on the way home from work.
>>
>>94856963
He wants to remove something that makes American comics so outstanding and great and turn them into Franco-Belgian snorefests.
You want them to succeed? Say good bye to superpowers like laser gaze and flying and say hello to mundane boring characters, who have to solve crimes through wits, cleverness and intelligence.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (20KB, 491x299px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
20KB, 491x299px
Your unreasonable anger towards people better than you needs to stop Pat
>>
>>94861163

Oh I know, don't worry. I was just trying to get across why Batman doesn't like them, especially across more recent decades when his parents death has been more emphasised over the bat utility belt.

Personally I think there's a huge culture of fear in the US, which is why guns may not be as effective a deterrent as they might seem, and the guns themselves aren't the problem but the fact that every defensive opportunity presents several offensive ones in people's fear is.

That being said, their original intended use of creating a well armed militia for the defense of inherent freedoms of all will probably never work, for a whole number of reasons. Freedom isn't free, some are more equal than others comes to mind.

But I digress, Lex is a shit.
>>
>>94856963
He doesn't want to remove the safesty net, he wants to be that safety net, he wants to be humanity's ceiling.
>>
File: Batman - kids and their music.jpg (114KB, 550x459px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - kids and their music.jpg
114KB, 550x459px
>>94860810
>How is Batman Crazy?
Anon...
>>
>>94861301
And I agree with why Batman doesn't use them, and it's because of his lack of accountability to any kind of authority. His legitimacy as a hero would evaporate if he started killing, since he believes in the law and due process.
>>
File: shutup.png (200KB, 557x415px) Image search: [Google]
shutup.png
200KB, 557x415px
>>94860810
Well, he's got issues with losing his parents at a young age, and he's in a city with a bunch of crooked criminals and people that are as fucked up as he is if not moreso, and going in the Justice League, superpowered entities and whatnot.

Honestly, the fact that Batman hasn't decided to nuke the world says a lot.
>>
>>94858449
He is fckng redpilled!
>>
>>94861163
I would still put my money on the 5 knife wielding killers in that example
>>
>>94858943
I never thought of Losh like that but you have a point anon

>tfw we'll never get a story where superman drags lex to the future to show him what setting an example means instead
>tfw no lex and legion shenanigans
>>
>>94861163
This stems from a really unique form of American culture though. American culture is based on the "do it yourself" mentality that comes from the Wild West and Frontier Expansion eras in American History that very few if any other cultures have. In your listed scenarios, many people would hope or assume that a governing entity would come and help, but in the US, its assumed that no one can help you except yourself. If your family is attacked by Indians in the frontier, you better be able to defend yourself.

That's why its always make more jobs instead of welfare; why healthcare is buy or die; and why people still want to buy, use, and protect guns.
>>
>>94856963
He had a questionable way of going about that. It's not the intention that makes one a hero you know
>>
>>94860631
When you live in a place where there's no possibility of encountering crime and you carry anyway, there's other motives at play.
>>
>>94861514
>no possibility of encountering crime
>>
>>94861539
Rural environments don't really have random muggings. You might still see the occasional gas station stick-up but most of the violent crime is between people who aren't strangers to each other.
>>
>>94861604
And by "see the occasional gas station stick-up" I mean you will never personally experience it, you'll just hear about it on the 10 o'clock news and it won't be in your town where almost none of the gas stations are open past 10 or 11 PM.
>>
>>94858449
Anyone have the sequel where she tried to assassinate him but it was all according to keikaku.
>>
>>94856963
pretty sure it's because he's a megalomaniac
>>
>>94861604
>>94861678
Depends on the rural area. Some are huge meth production and usage areas; and while you won't see many 7-11 robberies, you won't go walking anywhere without being checked out or even driven home by police.
>>
>>94856963
That's not what he actually wants. That's just him making excuses for himself, going "If it weren't for Superman, I'd be curing cancer!" as if Superman has been actively stopping him from finding a cure.
>>
>>94860785
It's not random. Batman doesn't like guns because one was used to gun down his parents in cold blood. He usually lives by his own moral code, and doesn't impose his view on the cops who carry guns. The problem is that people take Batman's aversion to it's extreme and paint him as some kind of gun control advocate.
>>
File: the_illusive_man_03_by_johntesh.jpg (472KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the_illusive_man_03_by_johntesh.jpg
472KB, 1920x1080px
>>94856963
This meme is almost always done well but they always have to go full megalomanical retard with it.
You get potential candidates like Xanatos but then they're always concerned with their own ends, despite the fucking amazing benefits that come with establishing a broad support group i.e literally your own private army.
>>
>>94857529
basically this
>>
File: 900px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png (81KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
900px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png
81KB, 900x600px
>>94861048
If someone is threatening you with force then the two courses of action you can take are to surrender and hope they are merciful or fight back. If you fight back, as is your moral right, you should attempt to incapacitate your aggressor as quickly as possible to minimize danger to yourself. Rendering your aggressor unconscious is the only way to incapacitate them since even a semi-conscious person is still a grave threat. It makes no difference to you the nature of "unconsciousness" whether they are truly unconscious, or actually just dead so you should use maximum available force to prevent causing only semi-conscious, and hollow-point bullets are the best choice for unarmored targets.

Hollow-point bullets are also good for preventing over-penetration which could result in the injury or death of innocent bystanders.

Finally, It is the Hague Convention of 1899 not the Geneva convention that banned expanding bullets. The Hague Convention only applies to war and was never ratified by the United States.
>>
>>94857521
This seems a little on-the-nose.
>>
>>94862475
>some
Literally every small town in america is fucking plagued. Its disgusting.
>>
>>94858449
This seems more like a Kingpin thing to do than Luthor to be honest.
>>
>>94858449
Jesus Christ, L.
>>
because he's also a little selfish too
>>
>>94856963
His claim there is about as believable as Red Skull's honesty when it comes to Making America Great Again.
>>
>>94858209
Lex does. He always hands them right to self-defence organizations of the poor and the coloured, like the Bloods or the Crips, who're most likely to be attacked by metahumans.
>>
>>94858943
>Humans will never fly like him.

Metahumans do all the fucking time though.
>>
>>94860631
>In my experience this is most true in areas where gun laws are extremely liberal, and the least true in areas where gun laws are very restrictive.

Afghanistan vs Japan&most of Europe?

Really, actual gun-ownership is a neutral factor to public security.
>>
>>94858449
I like this. It's such a petty and cruel way to mess with people's minds and make them question all the choices they've made throughout their entire lives. And it looked like he just chose her as his victim for pretty much no reason, too; he just wanted to cause anguish to some random average person who had done nothing to wrong him.
>>
>>94856963
It's just bullshit justification. He has the super-science and the money to get free energy across the world, make super bio-enhancements or cybernetics as cheap and affordable as cell phones, and the connections and influence (and money) to literally stop wars as he's done many times before in canon. What does he do with all that? Hordes what he can for himself, and blow his load trying to kill people he disagrees with. Never once does it cross his mind that if he actually put as much effort into solving world issues as he does trying to kill capes, the capes would retire. It's clear he doesn't really want what he claims, he just wants to be important and powerful, and has a grudge against Superman.
>>
>>94867985
They're an exception.
>>
>>94868199
They don't have to be, it's been co firmed in a few different stories that there's ways to make meta humans, there's even pills that make your Kryptonian in some stories. Does Lex use these to better mankind, or does he use them to live out his fantasies selfishly and take jabs at supes?
>>
>>94859605
Then why isn't Batman advocating for a monogenetic fascist state?
>>
>>94856963
Because even if it was true (it isn't) there is such thing as being a villain not because of your goals but because of your means.

Nox wanted only to save his family. He's still a villain because to do that he killed uncountable people in the span of centuries.
>>
>>94868352
Nox had the benefit of "if it works, I won't be a villain" which he used to justify the means. If Lex wins, he's still a murdering selfish rich asshole.
>>
>>94868296
There are alternate timelines in which Batman did just that. On balance, living in a fascist state is just as dangerous, only the danger comes from the state rather than some random mugger in an alleyway (though fascist can still have plenty of those).
>>
One of the only good fanfics I've ever read posited that Lex was actually being brainwashed by aliens. They wanted him psychotic and obsessed with defeating Superman, because otherwise if he and the other super geniuses among humanity got their shit together, the human race would steamroll the rest of the galaxy.
>>
>>94868199
They really aren't. What they're doing is clearly well within humanity's capabilities.
>>
>>94862638
The problem is there's nowhere to go with the story.
Characters like that don't really maintain the status quo as a victory. In theory their world should keep improving at a rapid rate, and its incredibly hard to write that unless you start with cavemen with an immortal mastermind.

But at that point you aren't playing Luthor, you're playing Prometheus.
>>
People shit on Lexall the time because he is ultimately a villain, but why does Stark not get the same rep? Sure, he has his moments of "here, take some trinkets I've upgraded 1191919190 times since" altruism, but to stay filthy rich, means he's still a "profit comes before heroing" businessman. Why is he considered a hero and Lex a villain? If you want to be technical, Tony is even worse, considering he has good PR and pretends to be a hero, while ultimately being a self-absorbed cunt.
>>
>>94860810
>How is Batman Crazy?

I'm not sure how canon this is anymore, but I always go back to the TAS episode with the Grey Ghost. Dude's essentially arrested in mental development. He's dressing like a bat and beating the shit out of people because that's what the TV hero did when he was 8. I think they've since pushed the angle of preying on superstition instead, but that initial motive exposes a child-like naivety in Bruce.
>>
>>94868199
>>94868275
See this: >>94857546
I think this was in 52. Lex managed to give humans meta-abilities, but it didn't work on himself, so he shut those abilities down, while a lot of them were mid-flight.
>>
>>94868624
In the current storyline in Superman comics Lex tries to be a hero, too, we will see how this goes.

In other storylines I would say that Stark is less likely to kill everyone who stands in his way, than Lex is. Lex would have to be compared to Batman, who is also a multibillionaire.
>>
>>94858209
>The thing I don't get is why don't these rich people who believe in humanity defending itself

Because they don't believe in humanity defending itself.

Luthor specifically is just butthurt that he can't be the king of the world because there is that Superman-shaped obstacle in his path; everything else is self-justification or recruiting speeches.
>>
>>94857102
This, Lex was Annas and Superman was Jesus
>>
>>94856963
Because what you say and what you do are two entirely different things.
>>
File: Superman(vol2)#163p19.jpg (92KB, 962x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman(vol2)#163p19.jpg
92KB, 962x1480px
>>94862382
yeah
>>
File: Superman(vol2)#163p20.jpg (111KB, 930x1456px) Image search: [Google]
Superman(vol2)#163p20.jpg
111KB, 930x1456px
>>94870618
>>
File: Superman(vol2)#163p21.jpg (111KB, 940x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Superman(vol2)#163p21.jpg
111KB, 940x1442px
>>94870632
>>
File: Superman(vol2)#163p22.jpg (117KB, 938x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Superman(vol2)#163p22.jpg
117KB, 938x1442px
>>94870646
>>
>>94856963
Because if he truly wanted to advance humanity then he would have done so already, even if superheroes are around.
>>
>>94856963
A villain is, like a hero, not born out of their ideals, or morals, but the execution of their end game. Plenty of heroes have been seen as anti-heroes, simply because their goal was positive, yet they did unethical things to achieve them, or their goal was actually a bit warped, yet they played it by the book until the bitter end. Lex has a goal in mind that many people would agree with and want to see come to fruition, but the majority see his methods of doing so as very corrupt and detestable. Plus, he has made enemies of those who are seen as heroes, so automatically he will have to deal with a villainous image, at least, until the truth comes to light.
>>
>>94857546
What's worse is that Lex does this because he "can't" powers but it turns out he can.
>>
>>94859710
Shitty faux-steampunk style gets everywhere these days. Also niggers
>>
>>94870632
I still don't get why that led her to shooting Lex.
>>
>>94861048
>This is excacerbated by the prevalence of 'cop killer' bullets. Arguably against the Geneva convention, these bullets will effectively explode with their maximum force inside a victim, rather than simply penetrating and causing relatively smaller (but still significant) damage.

You mean the Hague Conventions (Geneva Conventions don't cover weapons but conduct)... and nobody ACTUALLY follows the spirit of those anymore, even the (surviving) signatories, unless they just want to bully an upstart nation that didn't even exist in 1899.

Hell the United States wasn't even a signatory to half of the conventions (we wanted to keep our gas artillery, expanding bullets, and airship carriers) and over half the nations that DID sign have had an average of three changes of government since.

Expanding bullets are also only really useful against civilian targets as they have greatly reduced armor penetration. If anything vest wearing cops are the people most likely to survive.
>>
>>94871729
>airship carriers
Why were these banned?
>>
>>94856963
Luthor wants Superman inside him. Canon.
>>
File: 1482206640235.jpg (487KB, 1500x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1482206640235.jpg
487KB, 1500x1037px
>>94871784
There was a five year ban (with obvious room for further extension) 'concerning the Prohibition of the Discharge of Projectiles and Explosives from Balloons or by Other New Analogous Methods.'

At the time aeroplanes didn't have the weight loads or airtime for strategic bombing so airships were the most obvious route people could see to concept of Air Superiority as we know it today.

This concept was regarded as having such horrific implications for civilian welfare and the ability for smaller, less funded states to defend themselves. Even in the late 19th century intelligent leaders and thinkers could forcast that this essentially negates fortification as a concept, favored wealthier, larger states and would lead to saturation bombing of civilian targets like cities and manufacturing.

Some thinkers hoped this would result in an 'age of peace' as surely all powers involved would realized that they were vulnerable as 'The Bomber Will Always Get Through' Basically, predicting MAD before the invention of nukes.

A particularly astute thinker would have realized that this would eventually resort to the development of asymetrical warfare as a counter and our modern institutions of non-uniformed warfare/terrorism.

Both Britain and America are the only major powers to refuse to sign that declaration. Ironically, they are also the only major powers party to the convention that have had a contiguous line of government since then.
>>
>>94872058
Dunno about you but I'd rather have the occasional proxy war with some jihadis bleeding through to hit civies than shit like WW1 and WW2 with casualties in the millions. I concede that it wouldn't make a difference to the individual if they're hit by a suicide bomber or a bombing run but more people die every year during actual wars than because of ISIS shenanigans during peace time.
Tl.dr. modern times is what an "age of peace" looks like, for better or for worse.
>>
>>94856963
because hes libedrtarian and DC is a mouthpiece for big gov
>>
>>94856963
He could have saved the world years ago if it mattered to him.
>>
>>94872235
Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
>>
>>94858764
"Look, let's be calm, let me get my billfold, okay?"
>>
>>94872058
Actually I made a mistake here. True, US and UK were the only major powers to NOT ratify the first ban on balloon bombing..

However, the second Hague Convention in 1907 saw an amusing reversal in which the US and UK (along with China) were the only major powers to ratify this particular condition, not that it ended up mattering anyway as basically everyone found ways to use the toys they really wanted (ex: Imperial Germany figuring out how to deploy gas from a tank and hose dispenser and using the wind to sweep it into trenches rather than using specifically forbidden 'gas artillery'.)

Anyhow, getting too off topic, as mentioned before, Lex doesn't actually hold to the beliefs he occasionally spouts, and if he did he'd have long ago just started supplying kyptonite lasers, jetpacks or some analogous force equalizer to the public. He just wants everyone to look up to him as the 'Super Man' instead, and it burns him up that he can't represent human perfection and power when Superman exists to show just how far he really has to go.
>>
>>94861048
>>94861163
Guns aren't as easy at use and even get a hold of than you're making it out to be, but I get your point. It goes deeper than the old west though, it has to do with the entire country being built when guns were prevalent. Without guns, we probably wouldn't have won the Revolution in the first place.
>>
>Ctrl + F "Everman"
>>94857546
Lexfags will never not be BTFO.
>>
>>94857521
>>94865219

Kandorians know about Eichmann. Alt-righties on Suicide Watch.
>>
>>94859735

As if Lara would marry an old lumpy baldy.
>>
>>94856963
He doesn't want any of that you faggot.

At heart he's just a petty little man that is throwing a tantrum because people are looking up to Superman instead of him.
>>
>>94857521
Phantom Zoning is waaaaay more evil and fucked up than a simple execution.

Both are permanent punishments with no expectation the individual will come back from it, but with the Phantom Zone you trap them in horrific circumstances where they are still AWARE of their fate.

Its like when Flash paralysed one of his enemies and left him as an exhibit at his musuem, incredibly evil compared to just killing him.
Plus he escaped that state eventually (but driven mad by the torturous experiences) and would have killed untold amount of people if he didn't just happen to get killed by some other villains.
>>
File: tumblr_ohc7orIN0q1qde18do4_500.jpg (163KB, 477x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohc7orIN0q1qde18do4_500.jpg
163KB, 477x750px
>>94860810
>>
>>94858764
Thomas shouldn't have been dumb enough to take his extremely wealthy family through a DARK ALLEY IN THE MIDDLE OF NIGHT IN A ROUGH PART OF TOWN
>>
>>94873410
>(but driven mad by the torturous experiences)

Nah, Inertia was already fucking insane
>>
>>94873561
What a fucking speciest.

He's more human than the Joker.
>>
>>94860785
Batman is a control-freak at heart that wants everything to be done only at his allowance, he doesn't want people being able to fight without his personal consent which is why he gets so pissy about other heroes in Gotham.
>>
>>94861048
When you shoot someone in self-defence you shoot to kill, there's no such thing as "shooting to injure".

You don't point your gun at something unless you are willing for it to die, guns are too dangerous a tool to not treat them with proper respect.
>>
>>94861279
Pat really is a midget Lex Luthor, his hatred towards Superman is utterly illogical.

And yet he loves All Might? He feels All Might has all the qualities he actually likes in Superman.
>>
>>94861604
Rural environments have even more reason to be armed, because of the greater chance of encountering hostile wildlife.
>>
>>94873561
>saying that Superman is an alien means you are crazy
>>
>>94873692
Him being against other heroes in Gotham is another thing that pops out and goes away at random
>>
File: 1464315703329.jpg (578KB, 1101x1642px) Image search: [Google]
1464315703329.jpg
578KB, 1101x1642px
>>94859735
Fucking Golden Age villain plots were the best
>>
>>94869120
The thing is that Stark is considered a world-wide hero, when his "off the books" deeds are pretty sinister.
>>
File: RCO022_1468738851.jpg (446KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO022_1468738851.jpg
446KB, 1041x1600px
>>94873788
>>
>>94861301
>That being said, their original intended use of creating a well armed militia for the defense of inherent freedoms of all will probably never work, for a whole number of reasons.

The very fact that your country isn't like North Korea or Cuba right now, and can't possibly become without an apocalyptic civil war is proof that the 2nd amendment IS WORKING.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.