[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zaheer or Kuvira

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: zhkv.png (79KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
zhkv.png
79KB, 600x337px
Which one did you like more?
>>
Amon.
>>
kuvira arc was the only less than great thing about korra

all of korra was still better than avatar season 1

you can't change that fact and you can't change my opinion with reaction images

you're welcome to try though, whatever makes you feel good inside
>>
>>94855555
I still wanna fuck Kuvira. But I gotta give praise and admiration to Zaheer for having a huge girlfriend.

On one side, Kuvira did united the Earth Kingdom under one banner and did not took shit from that bitch of Suyin, her love for her country and ambition to make it powerful above all the others is pretty amazing. Zaheer actually was succesful and managed to actually make his plans a reality and while he indeed lost in the end, he proved to be one of the toughest enemies Korra ever faced.

I'm gonna follow my dick and say that I prefer Kuvira and I kinda wish she won in the end, because seriously fuck Captain Incompetent Dyke Korra the First.
>>
Kuvira would have been more interesting with more screen time in the third season or at least having her rise to power not depicted in a five minute flashback.
>>
>>94855555
Zaheer because he led reverse Team Avatar and all of their powers were amazing. Kuvira was just hot.
>>
>>94855818
Korra was, and still is, a huge disappointment. Nothing will ever change that.
>>
>>94855818
Pretty much this. I loved Kuvira as a sort of rival to Korra but she's objectively less interesting than Zaheer.

>>94855879
But also this.
>>
>>94855679
Dude, the entirety of Book 2 of LOK is some of the worst garbage Western animation has ever shat out. (With Book 4 not far behind.)
>>
>>94855973
This.
The bad outweighs the good in that season by at least 3 to 1.
>>
>>94855973
But it had action and actual animation?
>>
>>94855559
Ditto.
>>
>>94856152
And the story and characters sucked so much that it's over looked.
>>
>>94856203
Not by casuals and normies. Korra is considered a master piece and a liberatot of lgbtfgbfqst rights.
>>
>>94855973
I dropped Korra at the beginning of Book 2. I've heard Book 3 actually is pretty good, but it doesn't matter, the show shat itself so hard it became irredeemable no matter what the following seasons were.
>>
>>94855555
Zaheer, until I found out he tried killing a child.
>>
>>94855555
Amon, before fucking with the concept of the character is clear
>>
>>94856318
Every casual/normie I've talked to that actually watched Korra hated Book 2 though.
>>
>>94856394
As someone who highly dislikes LOK, I still say it's important for any ATLA fan to watch through once, as a case study in what not to do with the Avatar universe if nothing else.

(Well, that and *some* of the concepts brought up are genuinely interesting, just done terribly.)
>>
best girl obviously
>>
>>94857062
The same thing applies to the post-ATLA comics, by the way.
>>
>>94855559
fpbp
>>
>>94857024
But they all seem to like Book 4, which is almost as bad.
>>
>>94857062
>what not to do with the Avatar universe

But it's too late, they did do it and future writers are going to continue regarding it as canon. No one's ever gonna come along who's allowed to retcon Korra out and replace it with something that doesn't make those mistakes, so studying the mistakes accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>94857491
>future writers
Don't make me laugh, anon. Aside from some comics that pretty much nobody cares about, the franchise is basically dead at this point.
>>
>>94857614
Which again, makes the idea of studying "what not to do with the Avatar universe" an exercise in futility.

The only way you could have anything to gain from studying this material as a cautionary tale is if you were creating an IP of your own that ripped off A:TLA's worldbuilding so thoroughly that the blatant plagiarism would be transparent to everyone who saw it.
>>
>>94857614
Good, let it be. I'd rather they learn from their mistakes and focused on not letting Voltron go completely shit for 40 more episodes instead of salvaging bridges they've already burned.
>>
>>94857643
>implying cartoons don't do that shit all the time
>implying media doesn't do that shit all the time
Like I said anon, don't make me laugh.
>>
Fucking neither, Korra is aging like shit and getting worse and worse
>>
>>94857731
The two who worked on LoK are not working on Voltron so that won't happen. The villains who did all the mistakes on LoK are not the ones working on the new Voltron series in any way.
>>
>>94857731
The Ehaszes aren't involved in Voltron either though, and it really, really shows. Merely avoiding Bryke's negative writing influence is not nearly enough to write a passable series, let alone a high-quality one.
>>
>>94857816
>villains
You know you've been watching way too much TV when you say this in reference to real people.
>>
>>94857816
>>94857817
Sounds like they're already learning from their mistakes.
>>
>>94855555
Zaheer was the most interesting characters in Korra. He brought up an interesting concept of the power of will, and represented a really cool idea and motivation.
>>
File: Enter the void.gif (2MB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
Enter the void.gif
2MB, 299x240px
Zaheer.
>>
>>94857852
You misunderstood my post (the second one). Voltron is not a good cartoon, let alone a great one.
>>
File: sadmug.png (27KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
sadmug.png
27KB, 919x720px
>tfw Zaheer's crew got fucking killed over an assassination and some minor shit Fuck what he did to Korra, because she deserved to get beaten up.

>Kuvira just gets locked up and shamed after taking over a kingdom and building a superweapon, Earth-Nazi style.
>>
>>94855555
Kuvira, she have a giant robot with a death beam on her side.
>>
>>94857872
Zaheer because that gif
>>
>>94857908
Kill one person you're a murderer, kill a million and you are a conqueror this is basic shit Anon.
>>
>>94857882
Great it isn't, but it's passable. There's no truly awful moments like Korra has, at it's worst it's just very bland.
>>
>>94857908
>Attempting to kidnap and assassinate a baby totally is totally not a big deal.
>>
>>94855559
loved amon, hated noatak
>>
Pretty much >>94857859
Id argue he's the best individual antagonist of both series.
Kuvira could have been good but the poorly done nazism and 10-second psychoanalytic defeat at the end was retarded.
>>
>>94858013
>Not wanting Korra dead
>>
>>94856475
>>94858013
I thought the idea was to indoctrinate her?
>>
>>94858113
And then convince her to go into the Avatar state so that they can kill her and thus ending the cycle.
>>
>>94855555
Season 3 because an enemy airbender is really cool
>>
>>94858142
Not so sure about that. At the time Zaheer and crew was working with Unalaq to bring Vaatu into the world. They'd need Korra alive to do that.
>>
>>94858088
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>94855973

You're kidding, right?
>>
>>94858142
Not really 'killing a child' though, assuming she would even be a child by the time they have her do it. Causing, yes, but not committing.
>>
>>94856318
>liberatot

You did that on purpose.
>>
>>94855559
Amon was the best until the reveal and even then it could have still been great
>>
>>94858185
But my penis isn't long enough to do that.
>>
>>94855555
Easily Zaheer because he had a better motive and climax. Kuriva went from female Chiang Kai-Shek to Hitler because the writers wanted to sabotage her so badly. I also hate how they misidentify her motives. Kuriva easily wanted the reunify the Earth Kingdom under strong leadership because SuYin was too complacent and Raiko tried to install a corrupt dictator in power. None of this, "I'm evil because I was abandoned by my parents"
>>
>>94858113
>>94858142
>>94858184
Oddly enough, the idea of Zaheer and crew successfully kidnapping Korra, indoctrinating her, using her to bring Vaatu into the world then realizing what they've done and working together to take Vaatu/Unalaq down would have been a pretty good story.
>>
>>94858759
That's because they would've been better mentors to Korra than Tenzin.
>>
>>94858191
Not in the slightest, and as you can tell /co/ seems to share that opinion.
>>
>>94858759
Red Lotus Korra could be an interesting AU some day.
>>
File: RedLotus.jpg (74KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
RedLotus.jpg
74KB, 500x748px
>>94858869
It already is, there's a decent chunk of fanart for it and some mostly bad fanfiction.
>>
>>94855555
Kuvira, much like Amon, suffers from the writers having no sense of how to write a nuanced character and eventually just saying fuck it and writing a mustache twirling villain. Why they're so afraid of their villain being somewhat sympathetic we'll never know.

So I'm going to have to go with Zaheer.
>>
>>94858933
Was thinking more of good fanart and fiction.
>>
>>94855555
Zaheer was right.
>>
>>94859033
You're shit outta luck on the fanfic front, for obvious reasons. The only AU's anyone wants are cutesy coffee shop bullshit. I'll never understand the Coffee Shop thing.
>>
>>94855555
Kuvira had potential to be great but was wasted in a 1o episode season like all Korra villains except Zaheer
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.