[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to bring back G.I. Joe into nowadays audience? People are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: why you little.gif (1MB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
why you little.gif
1MB, 640x472px
How to bring back G.I. Joe into nowadays audience? People are so tired of terrorism that even Hasbro wants to completely cease G.I. Joe franchise

Renegades idea was good but poorly execution

Would G.I. Joe work better as "spy" agency who fight with Cobra Corporation?
>>
>>94854022

America's Elite and to a lesser extent Sigma Six had what I think is the best set up for the characters. G.I. Joe is a core group of like 6 characters, but for each mission they select ancillary Joes with special skills to accompany them, so each story features popular additional Joes as guest stars.

It narrows the cast down so you can give a shit about the main group, but allows for all the favorite characters to make appearances.

And making them a smaller special mission strike team rather than a humongous conquering army/force helps to limit the military angle people find so off-putting.
>>
>>94854022
G.I.Joe is dead. Forever.

It's a dated concept and can never come back.

It's wasn't even a good cartoon in the 80s.

/thread
>>
>>94854022
No. You could make them a UN peacekeeping force and turn Cobra into PMCs in service to generic rogue nations
>>
Without going "totally radical dude" or "space out man" with it all... The original setting works fine. Just poorly executed in todays Airsoft/Military community that would be its primary audience. (that has income to buy non-toys from the franchise)

The problem is that it's geared towards toys. It's geared towards soccer mom children that are curious about the military. ("news at 11, another american soldier rape crime goes unpunished, lets talk about ISIS now")

It has to have the charm of americans versus americans without SJW'n everything like all california made shows are.

Which brings me to a point. Californians generally are hated by gun owners, especially if they live in california. So anything hollywood based will get boycotted by gun owners and following airsofters.

It's complicated, the korean made G.I.Joe show had more going for it. Especially after SK was so gung ho about americans helping with the split from NK.

Sad too, some SJW concepts back then were diversity, and welcomed as "anyone who fights at my side is my brother" concept still stands true today. I bet they would add three gay couples if Cali made GIJOE again.

California, and boycotts are the issue. That and misinformation about how militaries work (apparently Cali writers know only wikipedia) and SJW from todays-california would be terrible.

Please let there be a group in Texas that makes the show... Or somewhere else not cali, with zero people who've been the the west coast or even flown over the west coast.

(its that bad)
>>
>>94854217
>It's wasn't even a good cartoon in the 80s.

Unsubstantiated fantasy! Lies! Lies! LIES!
>>
>>94854439

It's like I'm watching a person's mind deteriorate in a single post.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.