[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overwatch short

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 503
Thread images: 90

File: mei.jpg (147KB, 890x500px) Image search: [Google]
mei.jpg
147KB, 890x500px
New Overwatch short, this time it's Mei.

https://youtu.be/Kf9u9w8N-Fc
>>
>>94852334
MY FAVORITE THICC PRINCESS IS HERE!
>>
>>94852360
she looks really fat in this short
>>
File: AMeizing Feet.png (764KB, 1075x452px) Image search: [Google]
AMeizing Feet.png
764KB, 1075x452px
>>94852334
>>
>>94852398
Not really, if anything she is just Stocky.
>>
>>94852334
So what, Mei hiked to McMurdo Station with barely any food?
>>
So what's the deal with Eco-point? Like climate change is important to keep track of, but how does that factor into what the rest of Overwatch does? Did the Omnic War fuck up the entire planet?(I know Australia's a wasteland I'm just trying to figure out why climate data is valuable to the super-police)
>>
>>94852334
...wow she can't act.

That was pretty mediocre story telling. C-
>>
File: bed head mei.jpg (174KB, 1695x1066px) Image search: [Google]
bed head mei.jpg
174KB, 1695x1066px
OH GOD dat bed head
>>
luv my thiccfu
>>
File: pajama mei.jpg (25KB, 301x540px) Image search: [Google]
pajama mei.jpg
25KB, 301x540px
>>94853038

i agree anon
>>
>>94852334
People actually give a damn about OW still?
>>
>>94853059
It's only been a year since it came out, why wouldn't people give a damn about it
>>
>>94852912
It's up to our imaginations, I think
>>
>>94853059
Yeah you fucking piece of gutter trash.
>>
>>94852912
Well, when Mei was checking up on the data she mentioned something about an anomaly, so there may well be some weird shit going on down there. Checking the wiki, it said that apparently Overwatch established the outposts because the climate was getting way more fucked than the whole omnic crisis could possibly be responsible for, and nobody's sure why.
>>
>>94852334
>it isn't an extended and improved version of the Junkrat-Roadhog short we got the other day

INDESCRIBABLE GARBAGE
Why won't Blizzard work with literally the only characters they developed well?
>>
>>94853059
well you're posting here so...yea!
>>
>>94853080
TF2 players are still salty that OW did everything TF2 wanted to do, but better.
>>
I want to look into her eyes as she orgasms.
>>
>>94852916
>wow she can't act.
That goes for pretty much everyone in overwatch.
The characters look visually appealing, but as far as writing, voice-acting and well... character goes, they're kinda lame.
>>
>>94853122
Because the world can't handle a Reinhardt or Zenyatta short
>>
File: srsly ppl.jpg (60KB, 458x559px) Image search: [Google]
srsly ppl.jpg
60KB, 458x559px
This bothers me more than it should
>>
>>94853154
I thought Dragons had solid voice acting. A bit melodramatic but it was serviceable.
>>
>>94853154
i thought the doomfist animated voice was pretty cool.
>>
>>94853197
Oh, could be. That short was decent.

I still don't get why they didn't get better VAs for their Pixar tier animations and market dominating game.
>>
File: 7e0.png (331KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
7e0.png
331KB, 680x680px
>/co/ has a better thread on the short than /owg/
This makes me more depressed than it should
>>
File: wave at you.png (173KB, 540x224px) Image search: [Google]
wave at you.png
173KB, 540x224px
SO CUTE
and
THICC!
>>
>>94853154
Here's something you probably weren't aware of. People with thick English accents tend to break immersion when they emote. It's because of the accents, not the acting. If Mei had been speaking in her native tongue all along with some subtitles on the bottom, you wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>94853236
>generals

Those are only good for shitposting and new senpai
>>
and then she went snow blind because she didn't wear goggles in the fucking antarctic summer.
>>
>>94853154
solider, bastion were decent.

this feels more of a bootleg
>>
>>94853236
And as suprise to no one also better than /v/ who only sperge about THINN and THICC.
>>
>>94853258
You mean thick non-English and/or American accents, right?
>>
she looks like a wannabe Disney princess
>>
File: mei uprising.jpg (30KB, 462x430px) Image search: [Google]
mei uprising.jpg
30KB, 462x430px
>>94853236
well to be fair we only discuss about the short and comics here. Share the likes and dislikes and eventually the thread archives.

we don't have constant threads because we aren't a gaming board.

We only talk about Overwatch when a new animated short or comic comes out.
>>
>>94853055
>>
>>94853227
Why hire new VAs when you get one who you already have in booth recording a few different lines every couple months? Just seems more pragmatic to them.

I think part of the problem a lot of characters are bilingual and the actors they hired English isn't their first language
>>
Easily the worst short they've made. I'm used to the sterile kind of cliches that are usually in these shorts, but this one had way too many stuffed in a story we basically already knew about. Not to mention the voice acting, writing and direction were extremely weak.

Shorts Ranking:
>Bastion short (some top-tier Pixar/Disney level shit)
>Infiltration (great plot and features many characters interacting)
>The Plan (I'm counting this one among the higher quality ones because it featured to two most charismatic characters doing their thing)
>Dragons (great effects and interesting enough plot that teases redemption which is a personal favorite)
>Widow short (just well done all-round)
>Soldier short / Recall short (equally "okay" in terms of story, still good)
>Rise and Shine (good looking, but that's it)
>>
>>94853273
Soldier 76's short was a wild storm of cliches and ten-a-penny dialogue snippets. The fight choreography wasn't even good enough to watch it muted.
>>
>>94852360
What about Velma?
>>
File: mei dva switch.jpg (125KB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
mei dva switch.jpg
125KB, 1060x1500px
>>94853363
yea, I think they wanted to do an origins story but i dunno....

could it have been done better? or would a mei adventure would be better?
>>
File: 1503450912214.png (166KB, 890x661px) Image search: [Google]
1503450912214.png
166KB, 890x661px
>>94852334
>game has plenty of characters that would've been perfect for one of these shorts
>they spend all their time making it for one, if the not the most blandest character, that literally no one but a couple thick memers likes or cares for
>>
>>94853059
Yes. It's a mainstream popular video game. Of course people care.
>>
>>94853393
HONESTLY in my opinion

If that Soldier 76 trailer would have been the first or second trailer ever released after the whole museum fiasco with winston and tracer...

It would have been better as to give the mystery element to soldier 76.

that's just me and i could be wrong.
>>
>>94852334
Why do I get Disney vibes from this?
>>
>>94853338
Yeah maybe it would have been better for the "vlog" portion to be and English(and maybe the part where she "responds" to Winston as well) and then have the rest be in Chinese with subtitles. I mean she has no one else to talk to. Unless Snowball only understands English.
>>
>>94853418
oh what, you want one for Genji or something?
>>
>>94853418
you're just an Orc!

what do YOU know?
>>
>>94852707
>>94852398
Mei's just a little chubby,
she isn't fat!
>>
>>94853148
I wish OW was better than TF2, but it still has a long way for that to happend
T. fan of both
>>
You now realize that Snowball killed everyone else to keep Mei's tube going.
>>
>>94853438
That might have been the case, remember Blizzards Cinematics department isn't part of any one game studio, its literally a separate entity from every franchise.
>>
So...do these shorts having anything to do with the "story" of overwatch or are they just for fun?
>>
>>94853466
Maybe he wants one for Torbjorn, or Reinhardt, or Zenyatta, or a GOOD one for Roadhog that isn't inferior to stuff that was made for the Saxxies.
>>
>>94853490
hit boxes need improvement.

sniping in this game is too easy. if you could headshot like you can in OW, in TF2. You would be accused of using an aimbot.
>>
>>94853418
>they spend all their time making it for one, if the not the most blandest character,

But this isn't a Pharah short.
>>
>>94853507
character background and world building.
>>
>>94853507
They're mainly for backstory, but this game has like no plot at all. None of your actions or matches seem like they have any relevance, so the only stories they can tell are flashbacks.
>>
>>94853522
I refuse to use snipers in any game, the only "sniper" i use is Ana, and i only found a decent widow every 100 games and even less hanzos
>>
>Mfw my best friend who's obese was offended by the thinning of Mei in Overwatch rooster event, but never gave a shit about it from any other show/game that involved fat people getting thin or being made fun of.

>tfw tell him that the sprays show what she's like without the coat and that she isn't as overweight as people make her out to be, in official lore, but still doesn't give a shit

I hate my asperger friend sometimes
>>
>>94853400
The problem is that: A) we already know Mei's story and B) she's not an interesting character. There's far more interesting characters to devote this kind of time, money and heart to.

Personally, I'd like to see a Mercy short; they've teased the idea of her possibly having done something morally grey or messing something up in the past and a short would help to build her character and solidify her as more than just a healslut. Maybe that'd take too long to tell, though. It'd probably work better in a comic.

Junkrat and Roadhog were the obvious picks of who deserves a cinematic short, but it's funny that even without the high quality, their personalities carry them way past some of the cinematic shorts.

>>94853507
Nah, they're all story. They're all canon, if that's what you're asking. The story takes a backseat to gameplay, though.
>>
>>94853507

The shorts essentially 'are' the story.

The game itself is a bunch of non-canon contextless fights that some people claim are Overwatch's AI (Athena) running combat simulations. Overwatch doesn't have a campaign mode or an ongoing comic, though it should.

Really the best we can hope for is that the game maintains popularity enough to get an Overwatch show or Movie at some point. The world and (most) of the characters have potential, that's why people latched onto them. But right now that story is more implied than anything else.
>>
>>94853555
It annoys me that Pharah can't fly all the time and in a smooth manner that allows freedom of movement and great speed.
>>
>>94853603
I miss rocket jumping
>>
>>94853574
They really need to make "Overwatch Chronicles" or something that serves as a "story mode". It doesn't necessarily need to be "Overwatch but singleplayer" either.
>>
>>94853634
First they need an actual antagonist that they can actually use because goddamn, Talon is the saddest shit. The problem is that you can't kill these characters, they're too iconic to die.
>>
>>94853590

A lot of characters need shorts to help expand their characters.

Pharah, for the love of god, needs a short. Preferably a short that has to do with her finding out Ana is still alive, because that interaction is really important for both of those characters.

Zenyatta needs a short. Mercy needs a short. I'd even be fine with a short that is about the two of them meeting during a crises where they both rush to help people, and just talking about Genji afterwards. Mercy about rebuilding his body, and Zenyatta about rebuilding his spirit.

Dva could probably use a short, but she's a popular enough character they probably aren't in a rush to do that.
>>
>>94853509
>Torbjorn
Blizzard already force him enough with giving him a short, i would say that Zarya, Symmetra, Lucio, Mccree and even d,va could have better shorts
>>
>>94853671

How is that a problem? The only Talon character that doesn't have an autoescape is Doomfist, and he's clearly final boss tier.

Reaper you can kill as many times as you want.

Widow can spiderman out at the end of the fight.

Sombra can turn invisible AND teleport.

Think of it like an RPG. All because you 'beat' a boss doesn't mean that character dies on the spot.

The rest of the time you can fight talon soldiers and machines. Maybe come up with some new characters you are allowed to kill for real.
>>
>>94853496
Why didn't the system automatically wake them anyway?
>>
>>94853735
I'm just wondering what the hell you do with Junkrat and Roadhog. There's a few factions that seem perfectly content with doing their own thing.
>>
>>94853735
There could also be factions related to specific stories, Like Vishikar would be the antagonist in a Lucio story, other Junkers in a Junkrat/Roadhog story, and the rest of the Shimada clan in a Genji/Hanzo story.
>>
>>94853799
Probably the anomaly, which may be the cause of the god-mind bullshit.

Get ready for eldritch final boss so everyone can be the good guy.
>>
>>94853634
I think Uprising was their test to see how interested people were in co-op or story-based content. It was a pretty neat mode (if not a little too simple), but people responded well.

>>94853678
I think the best short they could make would be one that focuses on the fall of Overwatch; like the build-up, the actual fight, and a glimpse at some of the consequences and results as we see them now. Like >>94853671 said, Talon is pretty vague and thus weak right now, and a "Fall of Overwatch" short may shed some light on them.

>>94853679
I'm honestly not sure if Sym, Zarya, or Lucio have enough personality outside of autist, stronk, and musicman to carry an entire short. They're kind of like Mei where they feel like afterthoughts and scraps of an archetype. Even Soldier: 76 - the average super-soldier - felt more deserving of a short due to his position in the world and Overwatch. Zarya might have some story bits where she's hunting Sombra after "Infiltration".
>>
>>94853735
Doomfist is nothing but escape techniques.
>Rocket Punch the fuck away
>Rising Uppercut to higher ledges
>Seismic Slam leap at a point
>Combine those last two to cover some crazy distance really fast
>Ult Meteor Strike and just call time out as you leave the map and tell a circle to get the fuck out of dodge

His every attack is also an escape.
>>
Can someone remind me when exactly I started browsing /v/? I could've sworn I was on /co/...
>>
>>94853819
>I'm just wondering what the hell you do with Junkrat and Roadhog
Use them as a constant thorn in the side of both Overwatch and Talon and have them become reluctant heroes when the inevitable greater evil comes around and starts fucking shit up all over the place.
>>
>>94853872
The OW comics and animated shorts count as /co/ my guy
>>
>>94853799

Well, what killed them wasn't power loss. The base lost power after she woke up, but it wasn't power loss that killed them because the health monitors were still online.

I'm guessing the freeze went bad. Like an airplane, the two most dangerous times are when it takes off and when it lands. I'm guessing that they died within the first day or two of freezing, of complications which waking them up wouldn't have solved.

The fact that 'one or more of our people is fucking DEAD' didn't set off alarms and subroutines anyway is sort of the best proof that something was wrong with the pods/this technology never should have been used in the first place. Something was seriously wrong with the pods themselves or the system that monitors them, either by flawed design or malfunction in use.
>>
File: 1433895123975.jpg (130KB, 850x992px) Image search: [Google]
1433895123975.jpg
130KB, 850x992px
HaHa! Time for Health!
>>
File: 1323564526301.jpg (9KB, 251x247px) Image search: [Google]
1323564526301.jpg
9KB, 251x247px
Shit we knew before this cinematic

>Mei was a scientist frozen for about a decade and with the help of a robotic companion now assists Overwatch, she has no personality

Shit we know since the cinematic's release

>>Mei was a scientist frozen for about a decade and with the help of a robotic companion now assists Overwatch, she has no personality, also she's a canon lard ass
>>
>>94853590

I said this in another thread, but I honestly thought she was going to die at the end of the short. It was really fucking bland.
>>
>>94853872
It's animated. /v/ sucks. Fuck off.

>>94853880
>Junkrat and Roadhog end up saving the world
>everyone has to deal with the fact that two outback degenerates saved the day

Yes please.
>>
>>94853038
Gotta do an edit that says "Fuckign Dead"
>>
>>94852334
>/co/ has Overwatch short thread,
Jesus fucking Christ why am I on that shitshow that is /v/ about this?
>>
>>94853819

Junkrat and Roadhog are joke bosses that you fight but never kill, who inevitably end up helping you save the day somehow.

"It's too late! Talon has the Omnium back online. In a matter of minutes, hundreds of robot soldiers are going to start rolling off that assembly line, and they won't stop. We can't kill them faster than they are being built."

"So we have five minutes to find a way to blow up this Omnium."

"SOMEONE NEED SOMETHING BLOWN UP?"

The joke is that Junkrat isn't the key to destroying the Omnium, Roadhog is. He's done it before, and he's had more than a decade to think about what he did wrong. What he should have done different.
>>
>>94853964
It's animated, so it counts. Doesn't it?
>>
>>94854010
If we can talk about live action movies that are loosely based on some comic books, I don't see why not.
>>
File: 1497097273713.jpg (29KB, 310x233px) Image search: [Google]
1497097273713.jpg
29KB, 310x233px
>>94853991
Someone at Blizzard hire this anon.
>>
File: sombra boops mei.jpg (352KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
sombra boops mei.jpg
352KB, 1600x1131px
>>94853964
well we actually discuss about the vids or comics compare it with the older stuff.

bitch and complain how come the other hero didn't get on and wait for it to archive.
>>
>>94853880
>TFW you realize Roadhog and Junkrat are Team Rocket.
>>
>>94854069
Well this is more /co/ related than those live action films.
>>
>>94854074
Well Mei WAS the hero that I wanted a short of. So I'm content for the moment.

>>94853899
I'd fuck a girl with a body like this for as long as I fucking could. "Fit" Sonic Meat is great.
>>
>>94854109
>Well Mei WAS the hero that I wanted a short of. So I'm content for the moment.

I'm legit surprised to hear that. What were you hoping for in terms of plot for the short? Did you have any expectations? How did you like the short?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
My face when my wife looks just like mei and is salvadorian american and just as nerdy cute.
>>
>>94852334
hnnnngh my fucking dick

can't wait for the influx of mei art
>>
D.va short please. You can't fuck up Kaiju with mecha. Not even Blizzard.
>>
>>94854171

Not him, but a lot of the personality that these characters get is from their shorts. Mei really needed something to make her stand out.

Apparently that something was "The Martian, but in Antarctica and all her friends are dead :( ". Which we technically knew before, but not as explicitly.

Also, the mention of the anomaly is... worrisome. Not just because we don't know what it is and that Mei thinks her data could save millions of lives, but that apparently no one else has been keeping tabs on it in the last 9 years.
>>
Honestly, compared to the TF2 shorts these have been exceptionally bland. Not shit or any glaringly obvious problems, but filled with cliches and not a lot of actual interesting character developments. It could be my bias for TF2, but being very pretty as the only outstanding aspect really doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>94854171
>What were you hoping for in terms of plot for the short?
Basically I got exactly what I was expecting. A little Mei happiness, a little Mei "everything goes wrong" and ending with a little "Mei has hope for the future"

>How did you like the short?
I DO like that we got a few more steps in between in "hope spot where Mei builds the freeze gun" and "Mei almost goes into despair because even Snowball almost "died" but honestly, I'd like a little more at the start with her "team" so we could feel bad for THEM all dying too. Larger viewer emotional punch so to speak, but then we'd have like 15 minutes and a bunch of characters that exist just to die, so I can see why that'd be a bad idea.
Also the weather anomoly is really interesting. I wonder if it's like an omnium fucking with the weather to hide itself or something.

>Did you have any expectations?
Pretty much what I said above and they were met. Also Mei was shown to be not thin OR fat but that "thicc" in-between. I'm sad they nerfed her tits compared to her working art though. pic unrelated
>>
>>94854390
Well Tf2 shorts are basically comedy with some action.

Overwatch stories have all basically been superhero Origin stories.
>>
HEAVYWEIGHT CLASS!
>>
Good looking and Mei is god tier waifu material
But holy shit the plot and the dialogues and
What the fuck is this?

Wasn't this supposed to be Pixar level and shit? I mean the very first overwatch trailer gave this good vibe and they could've done something great with this
But what the fuck is that?
Their shorts are getting worse and worse, only good one was the soldier one IMO

So sad
>>
>>94853227
I was honestly more bothered with the lip sync and facial expressions. It looked so automated and lifeless.
>>
>>94853799
Poor writing
>>
>>94854396
I would take a Mei in the outfit of the short/spray from >>94853303 and just give her a beta-version of her Freeze Gun.
>>
Who weighs more? Donkey Kong
>>
>>94853363
The Plan was literally just Junkrat doing Junkrat things while Roadhog just existed angrily.
>>
File: 1463499253605.png (952KB, 700x991px) Image search: [Google]
1463499253605.png
952KB, 700x991px
>>94852334
Well while we're talking about Blizzard shorts, they ALSO released this little piece of Disney about their DCG and I figured making a new thread would be in bad taste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPguoeYTvMI
>>
>>94853880
they seem to be biulding up to this. they are criminals but they havent been shown to be murderers or anything like that. They are thieves who blow stuff up but dont kill anyone and dont really act out of malice. Plus, they are some of the most likeable members of the entire cast
>>
>>94854812
I wanna fuck that pink haired gnome
>>
File: 1388787189932.gif (844KB, 268x278px) Image search: [Google]
1388787189932.gif
844KB, 268x278px
>>94852334
Overwatch shorts and tf2 comics are truly a godsend.
I hope one day they will make a crossover... ...maybe in my dream.
>>
>>94854928
Are you me?
>>
File: china-flag.jpg (29KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
china-flag.jpg
29KB, 400x320px
>more chink pandering in mainstream media
Just how far will Americans go to appease their Chinese overlords?
>>
File: 1503512357757.jpg (460KB, 684x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1503512357757.jpg
460KB, 684x1000px
Where's all the THICC Mai art? Come on, don't let me down! I didn't come her for the conversation.
>>
I'm underwhelmed.
It's fine but it doesn't tell us anything you wouldn't already know just by reading her fluff.

Just very meh cinematic desu.
>>
>>94852334
>https://youtu.be/Kf9u9w8N-Fc [Remove]

Oh no she's cute
>>
>>94854986
>THICC
I wish this stupid ass word would just die already.
>>
File: 565474y.png (505KB, 800x1333px) Image search: [Google]
565474y.png
505KB, 800x1333px
>>94854964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8-wv9hYbF4
>>
>>94854587
while this short, animation wise, is much better: >>94854812
>>
>>94853080
>A year
Isn't it 2 ?
>>
File: 1497849443338.png (279KB, 502x301px) Image search: [Google]
1497849443338.png
279KB, 502x301px
>>94852334

I was honestly expecting better. I mean this is an origin story of being frozen in time and everyone leaving you behind. I feel like it could have had more impact. Not that what they had was awful or could have been done in such a small animated short, but I always had the impression that after being woken up it would take a long time for her to come to terms with the whole 'everyone is dead and changed' thing. Or at least with such a cheery attitude. I mean there's optimism but I think it would've added to her character if it took a while to get back to thinking positively. Maybe not being that cheerful even when the short came to an end. Hopeful, but still worried and sad. Like a smile that's trying to hold back all the pain.

>but it's a short they don't have time for that

That's what I said earlier. For the time that they had, it's fine. I just felt it could have been done better/slightly differently.

Some of it could be due to the voice actor. (Sometimes it feels off from the animation or like she doesn't understand what she's saying. Like a kid trying to read cue cards about neuroscience without understanding the nuances to it. Sure they can pronounce it fine but it feels weird. ) and the pacing but whatever.

I guess I'm just salty over what could have been.
>>
File: 1330713140442.jpg (68KB, 561x542px) Image search: [Google]
1330713140442.jpg
68KB, 561x542px
>>94852334
What's the point of these shorts anyway? What exactly are they saving? Where is the storyline going? It's not really a storyline driven game, its just a bunch of TF2 rejects running around blowing each other up with no plot or coherency whatsoever?
>>
>>94855104

Honestly, the game timeline hasn't budged an inch. Like storywise it's been like maybe a week since Winston called everybody back into action after a year and a half.
>>
>>94855104
Obviously, they're mainly commercials with the side benefit of being great fanservice. However, as much as I love the game and these shorts, it really does make you wonder where these are all going. It's like they don't know if they want to tell a full story or not. I know that Overwatch was what became of the remains of the Titan project so maybe it's all just loose ideas they wanted to utilize but didn't know how or didn't want to fully commit to. It'd be completely different if there was a dedicated story mode, but there isn't, so why?
>>
File: 0ba.jpg (32KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
0ba.jpg
32KB, 960x960px
>cheap in engine short about a retard and a fatass thinking about a plan
>was better than a high budget 10 minute short of one of the game's top waifus
>>
>>94855104

People don't read the comics unless there's lesbians (and even then they really don't know anything about the lore except for the fact tracer is gay). Since a majority of Overwatch isn't (in the case of non-pornographic material) lesbians they have to make videos so people actually know who and what is doing what and why.
>>
>>94854968
No, no, you don't understand how much I want to fuck that little thing
I want to fill her little womb to the brim
I want to push her on her stomach as I thrust into her and use her pink buns as handles
I want to take hold of her waist and use her as a cocksleeve
I want my cum to still drip from her small hairless snatch the day after I'm done with her
I want to reduce her to a blubbering mess of sweat and love juice and I won't stop thrusting until the sounds and words coming out of her mouth aren't English or even another living tongue anymore
And I'd start over and fuck her again when she comes to me to tell me she's pregnant with my triplets
>>
>>94855082
God damn.
>>
>>94855104
blizzard seems to be schizophenic over weather its just a frantic team based multiplayer or a narrative driven story of the struggles of a anti terrorist organization and its counterpart terrorist organization
>>
>>94855181
the cinematography in the mei short was better.

junkertown's was sfm tier in quality.
>>
>>94852334
Mei isnt even thicc or at least the retarded level of thicc people usually post
she looks normal imo not too skinny not too fat
>>
>>94853187
*notices Cryo-Pod*
OwOF what's this?
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 500x302px
>>94854090
>prepare for trouble
>Make it double
>to cause mayhem and mass devastation
>to unite all peoples within our nation
>to denounce the evils of omnic love
>to extend our wealth to the stars above
>Junkrat!
>Roadhog...
>Team Junker coming at ya 'n ready to fight
>Surrender now or face our might !
> D.va! That's right!
>>
Why does she have to talk all the time?
She's pretty much alone in that base, all that excessive dialogues just ruin the atmosphere.
>>
>>94855447
You never think aloud when your by yourself ?
>>
>>94853469
you git, thatz an ork
>>
>>94855181
Junkrat and Roadhog are based
>>
>>94855484
Yes I do, but she literally never stop to talk.
>>
>>94855104
The story will never make sense in-game simply because Talon and Overwatch members never have any reason to fight on the same team. Makes me wonder why the fuck they made a plot about 2 distinct factions in the first place.
>>
Katya is hotter

Dominant slav is god-tier
>>
>>94853991

Wasn't Junkrat the one who found that one secret in the bones of the Omnium?
>>
first blacked trailer and now fat trailer. When are we gonna get from white master race australians? That short doesn't count.
>>
>>94855104
they're establishing the universe and the conflict therein. mei's likely not a key character to the conflict, but her climate data is likely important to something blizzard's building up to.

it's like a fighting game's story. or at least a good fighting game story. each character may not be important, but they each deserve some time in the spotlight, and why not use that to build a larger story at the same time.
>>
>>94854972
the dangerous communist are not from China, anon. WAKE UP!
>>
File: numei.png (2MB, 1367x797px) Image search: [Google]
numei.png
2MB, 1367x797px
I would race mix with this fat chinese. Something about her just makes my dick explode.
>>
File: 3e531182e2506732d4056a912151d892.jpg (549KB, 1712x2362px) Image search: [Google]
3e531182e2506732d4056a912151d892.jpg
549KB, 1712x2362px
>>94855432
nice.
>>
>>94855854
You just know she's the kinda girl that goes Whole Hog.
>>
wtf i love fat chicks now
>>
>>94855920
>fat chinks
FTFY
>>
>>94855432
I kinda want a draw anon to have them do the pose now
>>
>>94855850
It's those child baring hips
>>
File: 1381295314851.jpg (59KB, 620x648px) Image search: [Google]
1381295314851.jpg
59KB, 620x648px
>trying to make us think snowball dies despite tha fact he's in game and just a robot

For what purpose
>>
>>94856029
cheapo feels
kids these days don't actually understand how drama works, so anything that is remotely sad they'll pay big bucks for because they have no actual hardship or emotion in their real lives.
>>
>>94852334
She's so cute
>>
>>94853603
Maps are conducive to that.

This isn't Tf2
>>
>>94856206
I don't think you can use OW map design to win literally any argument on Earth, sorry.
>>
>>94853418
This, Orkz get it right.

>have characters with unique backgrounds with some kind of special skill or ability
>make a short about a pudgy asian scientist who makes a frost gun

So her ultimate goal was to bring some data to Overwatch or the world? When she makes contact with someone isn't her goal completed? Why does she fight?

>couldve had an origin story of Junkrat and Roadhog committing their first crimes together
>couldve had super dyke zarya /fit/ montage
>couldve had Symmetra dealing with autism and being a cyborg
Instead they chose the blandest of the bunch with her own uniqueness being tied to her weapon. Remove that shes got nothing.
>>
>>94856402
he can if he didn't have a typo and correctly typed that Overwatch mapes aren't conducive to that.
>>
File: 1503108911077.jpg (108KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1503108911077.jpg
108KB, 400x800px
Did Michael Chu help make this one? It has his trademark of never moving the main story along and having the blandest dialogue possible. Felt no emotion at all because I knew everything that would happen already. Fuck that cheap attempt at Snowball's """"sacrifice""""
Good on the animators though, they always do a good job. That said this was easily the weakest short. I'd say Infiltration and The Plan are still tied for best shorts to me. Infiltration because Sombra gets the most development of any character in just 1 short and there's some subtleties I really really like. Plan because it felt like a good mix of Tom and Jerry and Ren and Stimpy to me for whatever reason.
Don't let these Pixar quality shorts distract from the fact that the comics are dogshit and Michael Chu can't write to save his own life. Hell he couldn't progress a basic story to save it either. Fire him asap Blizz.
>>
>>94855804
>Mei's just Al Gore with a penchant for murdering people with icicles
>>
>>94853363
>Bastion short (some top-tier Pixar/Disney level shit)
YIKES, no. That short was awful and a by the books been done before bit on robots. It was made with about zero creativity or actual writing.

The fact you typed this alone means you have no credibility for rating shit

I mean, egads...just what in the fuck. How old are you??? You have to be incredibly young and inexperienced to type that. Goddamn.
>>
>>94856545
Remove that and she's still eskimo captain america
>>
>>94855432
So if Junkrat is Jesse and Roadhog is James, who's Wobbafet?
>>
>>94857306
You're right that the "non-speaking thing fools around in land alien to it and grows closer to alien land, eventually returning to it" cliche has been done to death. The Bastion short added nothing to that formula.

It's top on my rankings because it's fucking gorgeous, I've always liked Bastion, and it's technically impressive. The battle scene was also cool. So, yeah, that one is just a personal favorite that I probably gush over too much.

I'll still argue that even without my bias, it ranks due to is exceptional visuals.
>>
File: jfdhg.jpg (38KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
jfdhg.jpg
38KB, 570x428px
>>94857369
This but roadhog squeaks it every time
>>
was snowball charging the place suppose to be emotional?
>>
>>94857727
Probably. It might have succeeded if this came out before the game
>>
Junkertown short was an example of good and fun animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0QGtk_AM0&t=1s
>>
>>94857681
That'd be perfect
>>
File: 1400946756662.png (234KB, 403x435px) Image search: [Google]
1400946756662.png
234KB, 403x435px
Man... I would have written this short differently.

They chose the most boring sequence of events to depict.
>>
>>94858116
Please, dont deny us your wisdom
>>
>walks all the way back to civilization with a small pack for what could have been her supplies to make it back
>still a fat fuck

Mei's fat ass is the reason her team died. Fucking monster.
>>
File: is this bait.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
is this bait.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>94857306
>I mean, egads...just what in the fuck. How old are you??? You have to be incredibly young and inexperienced to type that. Goddamn.
>>
>>94858056
and poor cinematography.
>>
>>94855333
>junkertown's was sfm tier in quality.
That's because that's what it was.
>>
So can someone explain the story of what's happening now?
I get the backstory and shit but what exactly is Talon aiming for? Overwatch is back up because someone has to bomb a small english city? some kind of super tornado is coming to do something there's some kind of super virus that infects omnics Talon is trying to keep omnics relations bad by killing ambassadors?
>>
>>94858331
No one knows.
Overwatch doesn't actually have a story, any kind of plot is simply there to be promotional material.
>>
>>94858331
In revealed lore? No one knows.
But Overwatch is Jason and the Argonauts. Talon is a God Program leading them like Athena.

>Athena is born of Zeus and Metis, whom sprung from Zeus' head after he swallowed Metis for fear of a prophecy of birthing two children, the second a son so powerful it would destroy him, but after receiving a splitting headache, ask Hephaestus to split open his head with an axe, birthing Athena fully formed
>Zeus also constructed, through the work of Hephaestus, a great automaton, given to Europa to guard her near the island of Crete, named Talos
>in the Cretan dialogue, 'Talos is the Sun' or the physical embodiment of the Sun
>this automaton was destroyed when the soceress Medea tricked him into removing a crucial nail of his structure to become immortal, or in other dialogues, when he destroyed himself mad on her drugs, to aid Jason and the Argonauts in their quest for the Golden Fleece

>Jack/Jason, Overwatch/Argonauts
>Sombra/Reaper/Widowmaker all elements of shadows and dark corners, shadows beget and defined BY the light of the sun or other sources of light, so in a way Shadows come from the Sun
>Talos's other traditional name is Talon

>Jason left Medea for another woman, and Medea killed his new lover and their children, though in some dialogues it was an accident
The explosion that ended the Blackwatch/Overwatch civil war took place in Switzerland
>Georgian tradition says the word medicine came from the name Medea and her powers
Mercy is Swiss, and the Red Cross draws its inspiration from the Swiss Flag.

She said the conflict was inevitable, because she began the cracks through gentle nudges dividing the rift. Jack and she were lovers, but as Overwatch ran out of rivals, and Jack chose another, she began to support the Talon group as an initially controlled alternative, and later Blackwatch's separation. The entire story is a Jason and the Argonauts allegory, complete with Golden Fleeces in golden guns.
>>
File: 1459462518648.jpg (124KB, 644x705px) Image search: [Google]
1459462518648.jpg
124KB, 644x705px
>>94858143
Okay.

The whole short would have been about the actual science team, working together, and Mei being close with some or all of them. The team is established, you get to warm up to some of them even, definite fanart/fanfic bait.

Then, there would be some conflict surrounding the anomaly they're supposed to be studying- it causes an accident, or it almost gets someone killed, in a way that none of the characters are able to be aware of at the time- and Mei saves them in a moment of improvisation. Since they never noticed that it was the anomaly that almost killed one of them, it gets to flit about at the end of the last scene while everyone is happy. I'm keeping "anomaly" purposefully vague because let's face it it's probably just global warming but let's say it's represented in the short by strong, sinister gusts of wind or whatever, it's got to have a presence, that's the important part.

Then the short ends where the short Blizzard made begins: with the scientists settling everything down and preparing for hibernation. There's a time lapse where you see the effects of the anomaly (bigger gusts of wind or WHATEVER, the point being the presence it had before becomes even stronger) wearing down on the power supply, and you see everyone die one by one. Mei comes out and shit all her friends are dead, which the audience might actually care about because they spent about five minutes hanging out with them instead of just seeing one guy's disembodied hand on Mei's shoulder.

Then it cuts to the scene where Mei finds Winston's recording, and the camera trails back, showing hints of how Mei made it out of the research base.

Basically show the parts that aren't ALREADY spelled out in the backstory we know of her. Everyone already knows that everyone dies and she makes an ice gun to help her get out of the station. But we never knew who the team was and what they were studying, exactly. That's what the short should have been about.
>>
>>94858331
>what exactly is Talon aiming for?
Unexplained but Doomfist seems to have similar motivations to Sen. Armstrong.

Also hinted that "god AIs" like the progenitors of the Omnic war and what Pharah fought in Anubis are up to some serious shit in Korea, Russia, and possibly Antarctica.
>>
>>94858331
>>94858401
So...Talon has been stealing tech and basically has a nuclear bomb now. One of Talon's leaders is Doomfist, who believes that humans can only get better through conflict. Someone with that mind and a nuclear bomb isn't a good mix.
Another threat is the GOD AI, the things that basically caused the robot rebellion and Omnic War. While they couldn't destroy them because of their nuclear cores they were sealed away. Talon, wanting the technology, has broken into the AI housing, awakening one and corrupting the surrounding Robots.
Now Talon (doomfist) sees an opportunity to start another world war with the bomb and omnics.
Winston, seeing the dangers of the past Overwatch members and Talon's threat, recalled any agents willing to fight them because normal governments are either with Talon or too stupid/slow to do anything
i have no idea what the fuck a Tornado has to do with anything.
>>
>>94858219
You should probably follow reply chains before posting in the future
>>
>>94856545
Well no, she has a lot of things even if you remove that
>cute nose
>cute voice
>chink-english is cute
>happy and easy going attitude, optimistic
>just enough chub to be comfy and cute while not looking like shit
>and just enough to give her an ass that'd jiggle for a whole two seconds if you slapped it
>big eyes makes for very expressive face
>top cute haircut
>strong values, loved her friends and even did that thing with the cups of cocoa/coffee/whatever was in there means would be a good mother, would raise your dozens of kids and teach them the same good values
>did I mention breedable hips?

I mean, the short was shit, but it could've been great
>>
The Overwatch shorts are like the TF2 ones with all the personality and humor ripped from their bleeding carcass.
>>
>>94852692
Faggot detected.
>>
>>94856029
>>94856114
Are you guys retarded? Look at it from the perspective of Mei. Snowball is literally the only semi-sentient creature she has left in her life now. Her entire crew is dead. She is completely alone without Snowball.

The drama is in perspective of the character.
>>
>>94858567
God AIs are manipulating the weather from their prison to try to get rid of humanity
>>
>>94858684

Everyone who plays the game, aka everyone watching this video, knows Snowball makes it out the other end okay. There's not a single possible moment of pathos.
>>
File: 1498945652465.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1498945652465.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>94858482
And that's the main problem I had with the short, there was literally nothing new. It literally begins with the science team already dying. You only ever got to see one guy's hand before we reach the part where it's just Mei and her robot, just like in the game. So now it's just Mei alone, and the conflict is barely existent, the only sense of danger was when we were supposed to think the robot is dead because THE BATTERY as if we didn't already know the robot wasn't going to die? You just KNOW that everyone who saw that scene just crossed their legs and went, Okay, when's the part where he miraculously comes back to life? and were almost surprised that the short was just about to end and then, boom, the robot came back to life because it just needed to recharge a little. Wow talk about high stakes.

It really just feels like they took the backstory everyone already knew and imagined in their heads (because let's face it there wasn't much to imagine, everyone dies and she gets out with her robot) and just recreated it. I never got the feeling that she was a hero, I never got engaged with the anomaly they were studying and why THE DATA was such a big deal, and I never felt any of the emotional loss and grief that is so obviously central to the character, I mean it happened not just once with the science team, but twice with her gay fucking robot, and I couldn't share in any of it!
>>
>>94856029
Did you watch the whole thing? We know in the short that Snowball doesn't die because Mei is recharging him with a solar panel while she's trekking back to civilization.
>>
File: Beep boop, jefe.png (943KB, 789x796px) Image search: [Google]
Beep boop, jefe.png
943KB, 789x796px
>>94858695
they don't gotta when women are lining up to get CLANKED
>>
>>94852334
>sjw have turned comics so shitty that comic books nerds have to jump on other fandom ton invest it as well with their sjw shit.
you guys are just pathetic.
>>
>>94858768
>Los Muertos are an anti-omnic gang
????
>>
>>94858684
but unfortunately the dramatic irony tells us that none of that emotional moment matters to the story.
>>
>>94858822
I think they're a drug cartel, they just happened to be beating up that one guy who happened to be an omnic in the Soldier short.
>>
>>94858695
I predict that Athena is one of the God AIs that didn't decide that killing humanity was such a good idea and instead allied herself with Overwatch instead.
>>
File: il_570xN.1153584831_a6cz.jpg (134KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1153584831_a6cz.jpg
134KB, 570x570px
>>94858331
>I get the backstory and shit but what exactly is Talon aiming for?
Talon's goal is the furtherment and protection of mankind at any price.

They don't care about morals as long as mankind prospers. They lie, cheat and assassinate as they see fit to make a better world.

>Chief advisor and scientist achieves great strides in ____ and uses it to further the nation of ____. They refuse to share it with other nations or Talon

Talon kills him and his family while obtaining the data and replacing him someone that will help steer the nation toward Talon's interests as well as sharing information with them freely.

That's Talon
>>
>>94858822
>>94858844
>double double-dubs
I just think he must've been the baddest motherfucker to get enough respect to have them keep him around
time after the omnic crisis is hard,
man
>>
>>94858854
I touch myself to your idea and pray Athena comes to Overwatch soon

But we're due for an evil Omnic at this point, especially after seeing one as a leader of Talon.
>>
File: Mei_giggle.gif (870KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
Mei_giggle.gif
870KB, 230x230px
>she sees your penis
>>
>>94859303
>it's cold!
>>
>>94858977
Talon needs to get a tank and healer like seriously. Talon needs to learn the meta
>>
>>94859955
Talon healer would probably drain health from enemy and pump it into team mates I'm surprised doomfist isn't a tank His name really sounds tanky
>>
File: meibois.png (1005KB, 1618x746px) Image search: [Google]
meibois.png
1005KB, 1618x746px
Do I see [spoilers]homobois?[/spoiler]

Cute dead colleagues.
>>
>>94859765
>"Ohh, you poor thing! Maybe we could warm it up a bit, yes?"
>You gulp and nod, eagerly so, causing her to giggle again, that cute sound escaping her lips to bless your ears and melt your heart
>She knows the effect it has on you
>She understands, the slight smirk appearing on the corner of her lips giving it away
>"Any idea on how we could do it~?"
>Her sultry tone is enough to bring your attention to her mouth
>And just like that, her inviting lips traps your gaze in their perfectness
>The clouds coming out of her mouth due to the condensation only proving how warm and wet it is inside of there
>And you gulp once more when her smile turns mischievous
>You sometime really wonder if she can read minds
>Yours, at least
>Or maybe the sight of your twitching and slowly growing pride helped her take a wild guess as to what was on your mind
>>
>>94860161
it's the fucking burger king kids club.
>>
>>94860161
>>94860564
rip
>>
>>94860491
>she leans close, whispering into your ear
Dong zhu bu xu zou!
>>
>>94860748
I was trying to fit in a racist joke at the end but couldn't come up with anything
This'll do nicely, thanks Anon
>>
>>94860028
>Omnic Healer, does similar orbs to Zenyata except his discord takes health and pumps it into his harmony orb
>has an ability to take some his own health to heal others
>>
File: 130535083574-ive_seen_some_shit.png (672KB, 926x1518px) Image search: [Google]
130535083574-ive_seen_some_shit.png
672KB, 926x1518px
>>94860666
>666
>>
>>94860666
Anon is Reaper and he killed Mei's friends!
>>
File: raised eyebrow.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
raised eyebrow.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>94858586
Yeah. I saw the original post, anon. That response to him call the Bastion short the best one is obviously blown way out of proportion.
Not sure why you thought I didn't see it though.
>>
>>94852334
This is so dumb.

>Why didn't they have a system to wake up a sleeper in case of malfunction?
>Why didn't they have a system to wake up *another* sleeper in case of malfunction for someone else?
>Why didn't Snowball wake up a sleeper in case of malfunction?
>Why didn't they just leave one person awake, or put it on a rota, since rationing was the problem?
>If batteries were a problem, why did Mei leave all the lights and screens on?
>If batteries were a problem, why didn't Mei use the solar panels she uses later?
>Why does the arctic research facility not have
>Why did they not bring the truck inside through the big garage door, instead of leaving it outside in the snow for an indefinite period?
>Why does Mei care that her iPod temporarily ran out of battery? There is a solar panel right there.
>Why does Mei build a cryogun solely to act as a glorified climbing assist? Could she not just lose weight?
>Why does Mei need to climb at all? She doesn't send out a rescue signal or anything, just watches Winston's vlog.
>Why is Mei suddenly capable of tackling the walk to another station, now with less battery power and fewer supplies?
>Why did no-one at Overwatch ever tell anyone outside of Overwatch that they had a research facility in need of resupply?
>Whyyyyyyy
>>
>>94857346
9 years compared to 40 years also she isn't anything close to being a super solder.

Shes just a fat Mr. Freeze combined with Poison Ivys environmental autism.

it makes even less since why shes actually fighting in game because of this short she just needs to hand any scientist that flash drive and boom she helped the world.
>>
>>94861506
>Systems for waking people up if cryo fails
Every sci-fi I've ever watched has basically said "Just let them die in their sleep, because waking up half frozen to die fucking sucks"
>If batteries were a problem, why didn't Mei use the solar panels she uses later?
Antarctic blizzard. There was no sun

>Why does Mei care that her iPod temporarily ran out of battery? There is a solar panel right there.
Because at that point she was ALONE alone. Her little companion bot she was desperately talking to to stay sane was gone too.

>Why does Mei build a cryogun solely to act as a glorified climbing assist? Could she not just lose weight?
1. She's not fat, she's average
2. The ecopoint doesn't have a gym where you can get buff faster than her life support would run out, but she IS good at mountain climbing, so she adapted to her situation.

>Why does Mei need to climb at all? She doesn't send out a rescue signal or anything, just watches Winston's vlog.
She THOUGHT someone was calling the base and was going to contact them through the comm tower, but it was just Winston's transmission which inspired her to not give up.

>Why is Mei suddenly capable of tackling the walk to another station, now with less battery power and fewer supplies?
That's narrative. The first time she was going to walk she had a "blizzard of doubt" that she could save herself, so she gave up before she tried. the second time she was inspired and new she could save herself, so she went out to do it.
Also the first time there was a literal antarctic blizzard in the way.

>>Why did no-one at Overwatch ever tell anyone outside of Overwatch that they had a research facility in need of resupply?
No one was listening to Overwatch and the information probably got removed when 76 and Reaper blew up Overwatch HQ in their little spat.

Fuck all the information is right there.
>>
File: もしもしバイトです?.jpg (236KB, 1148x1268px) Image search: [Google]
もしもしバイトです?.jpg
236KB, 1148x1268px
>>94862231
>Fuck all the information is right there.
>only rebukes 7 of 13 points
>1 point requires overwatch cinematic universe and another needs every sci-fi you've watched
>>
>>94854986
I want to moosh my face into her tummy.
>>
I'm supposed to believe that all those "like a family" Overwatchers just let their arctic researchers freeze to death because the gubment shut down their play pen? Neither Gorilla nor Balding Guy came for them? And other than that it's 9 minutes of gratuitous fan service.

Blizzard sucks at telling a story.
>>
>>94853938
Oh man please do
>>
>>94862353
It's because a fuckton of the points are the same ones repeated. And the rest are too fucking minor to answer because they're just autism-tier nitpicking.
For instance:
>Why didn't they have a system to wake up a sleeper in case of malfunction?
>Why didn't they have a system to wake up *another* sleeper in case of malfunction for someone else?
>Why didn't Snowball wake up a sleeper in case of malfunction?
Are all the same question of "Why wasn't there a failsafe for the sleeper malfunctioning." Where the answer is nothing more than "Because they're already fucking dead by the time it does malfunction."

>Why didn't they just leave one person awake, or put it on a rota, since rationing was the problem?
It's still a waste of resources.

>If batteries were a problem, why did Mei leave all the lights and screens on?
You'll notice that shit turned a lot fucking darker when she realized they were on battery power. She didn't "keep all the lights and the screens on"

>Why does the arctic research facility not have
Is point 13 and is incomplete.
>whyyyyyyy
Is autistic screeching.

You're questions aren't deep and well thought out, they're you not paying fucking attention while watching the short. The only one you MIGHT have a point with is the cryopods, but damn, sometiems you just got to be able to infer things. It's a sign of mental deficiency to need everything spelled out for you after all.
>>
>>94862423
They did a better job with environmental storytelling by just releasing the map as opposed to going into the details. The st
>>
File: 1503325148331.png (726KB, 757x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503325148331.png
726KB, 757x960px
OVERWATCH SHORTS POWER RANKING

>S tier
The Last Bastion

>A tier
Dragons
Alive
Hero

>B tier
Recall

>Lower tier
Rise and Shine
Infiltration
>>
>>94853059
People still give a damn about TF2, your point?
>>
>>94862423
Shut down their play pen, put them ALL under investigation, probably put them all on terrorist watch lists, preventing them from catching flights or moving around without permission. You know, all the stuff governments WOULD do to a bunch of private military contractors with a black ops organization that had been assassinating world leaders and ignoring the sovereignty of entire first world nations.
>>
>>94852334
Am I glad that the team is frozen in there and Mei's out here
>>
File: 1493780116486.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493780116486.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>94862534
I'm not even that anon you clumsy piece of quail shit. Don't be so high and mighty about your perception when you can't even spell "your" right.
>>
>>94855082
>her aunt leaves The Brothers Karamazov on his grave
Yeah, that should cheer things up
>>
>>94862640
>"Don't be high and mighty because his post is dumb"
>Proceeds to act high and mighty because you found a typo.
Dumb Aku poster.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 1055x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 1055x438px
>>94862549
>Infilttation
>shows off Talon interaction
>shows off Talon as a threat
>we get a glimpse at what's going on with Russia post-Omnic Crisis
>show off that Sombra has some greater keikaku
>hint at Zarya becoming important
>fags think it's low tier because of the boop meme
>>
I think it's clear that these VA's are good when they do shorter voice clips, but when you have them string along sentences the performances leave a lot to be desired. It doesn't help that Blizz's writing is still so bland.
>>
>>94858720
Emotions are just a cheap trick to make weak humans feel connected.
>>
>>94853555
>tfw bought OW for brown waifu material but she's an incredibly bland solider
>>
>>94854972
>not appeasing the new soviet union
>>
>>94855093
Nah, one. The anniversary was a couple months ago.
>>94855104
>TF2 rejects
The gameplay's a TF2 reject, but the characters are more GI Joe than anything. You've got your colorful stereotype heroes and the comically inept villain squad with some masked nutjob and the competent cyborg guy with a smooth voice.

I mean shit Hanzo and Genji are basically Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes anyway.
>>
>>94862789
I don't mind that, I just thought the storytelling was way weaker than the other shorts. Plus they didn't exploit the location that much, and focused only in showing off Sombra.

I get that that's the whole point, but the action pieces she goes through aren't that great, and it just made me want a Zarya-focused short.

The ending scene with Zarya, the Svyatogor, the twist and the voice acting are all pretty good, though, I'll give them that.
>>
>>94862961
>I mean shit Hanzo and Genji are basically Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes anyway.
If only Hanzo would go on more rants while Genji doesn't say a god damn thing then proceeds to beat his bitch ass.
>>
File: srsly porky.jpg (12KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
srsly porky.jpg
12KB, 340x340px
>>94855104

> its just a bunch of TF2 rejects running around blowing each other up with no plot or coherency whatsoever?

m8, didn't you just describe TF2 as well?
>>
>>94852334
Mei in short?
>>
If Overwatch was dissolved by the government then why did everyone forget about the research base? I'd imagine when the government pulled the plug on the organization they would've seized all the information on their various activities and shit. Somebody from the government would've said "Hey, they got a research base over here. We should send somebody to go shut it down"

Unless they literally just ignored the research base I find it hard to believe that it was just forgotten about entirely.
>>
>>94862887
>bought the game formTracer
>play it for Mercy
Why hasn't Mercy gotten shit? She's one of the more popular heroes but Pharah definitely needs some love
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 633x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 633x534px
>>94863049
Fucking savage anon
>>
>game takes place in the year 20xx
>have ai computers so complex they act just like humans.
>colonize the moon.

>people still live in mud huts.
>random facilty in middle of North poll can't get wifi due to snow.
>>
>>94855104
Pure, shallow fanservice for this game's autistic tumblr following to eat up.
>>
>>94863042
Genji as Boy George when
>>
>>94863049
The TF2 characters are not TF2 rejects. By definition.
>>
>>94863316
In their own universe they're the rejects of the mercenary teams.
>>
File: 06.png (349KB, 640x1265px) Image search: [Google]
06.png
349KB, 640x1265px
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 300x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 300x292px
Alright /co/ I need some ideas for our next short.
>>
File: 11.png (775KB, 1850x1290px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
775KB, 1850x1290px
>>
>>94863406
Pharah and Mercy fucking
>>
>>
>>94863406
Junkrat and Roadhog trying to take Zenyatta hostage and ransom him off because they think he's Mandatta
>>
File: 1486110533566.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1486110533566.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>94863406
It's time
>>
>>94863406
McCree robs a bank run my gangsters
>>
>>94858876

I'm convinced that Talon started the Omnic war by setting the God-AIs to attack humanity.

Note: ATTACK humanity, not DESTROY humanity. The goal was never to kill (all) the humans, the goal was to provide mankind with a unifying threat in a nigh-endless war for survival.

Because that is the sort of environment which results in rapid technological progress. Necessity is the mother of invention, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Overwatch fucked things up by ending the war too soon. They got the technological progress part right, but not only could it have gotten more done if the war went longer, but the human nations never actually unified. If this plan is going to work, the war has to get bad enough that individual countries dissolve into a larger human organization, and it has to STAY that way for at least a generation or two so it doesn't immediately break apart wen the omnics finally lose.

Thats why Talon is trying to boot up omnic war 2: the plan is still a good one, they just underestimated their fellow humans.

In a way, Overwatch is exactly what Talon wants. But its too small. The whole planet needs to be like Overwatch, not just taskforce, no matter how popular.

Of course, I'm sure there are lots of people in Talon just in it for the power. But then you have the idealogs like Doomfist that clean house and put them back on track.
>>
>>94855753
Yes, but I don't think the secret was how to destroy the Omnium. Considering that Talon is after him to try and find out what it was, I'm guessing that it'll eventually be revealed that Junkrat is hiding one the God AI's in his tire or something, despite how out of character that is.
>>
>>94853148
If you honestly think that tfw hasn't made more money in the longer time span then OW, you're retarded.
>>
>>94863821
Gangsters rob a bank run by McCree.
>>
>>94863989
McCree robs a Gangster run by banks.
>>
>>94855100
The Blizzard team is made of animators and programmers. Not writers. You'll see this story has literally all the beats of a Disney adventure just condensed to 10 minutes. It's just an imitation of a formula
>>
>>94863933

I doubt he has a full god-AI, but he might have discovered some kind of evidence about WHY the God AI's booted themselves up and attacked humanity. Something that is still currently a mystery to the world.

Thats something worth killing for. Either to learn (so you can prevent/control it) or to keep it a secret if you already have it.
>>
>>94863862
That sounds stupid enough to be something Blizzard to consider.
>>
>>94855850
She barely even looks chinese
>>
>>94856029
And his battery ran out. He could easily just be recharged
>>
>>94852334
She's like a thicker version of my cousin from China.
As cheerful and nice as well
>>
>Snowball no
Bitch, it's just a robot
>>
>>94863406
Junkrat gets taken to jail and Roadhog launches a one man assault on the precinct
>>
>Mei isn't actually a villain/rogue Overwatch agent

they had all the set up they would need
>all her coworkers are dead
>abandoned by Overwatch for a decade
>still no one gives a shit about global warming in the OW world apparently
>everyone hates playing against her
>>
>>94863862
>Note: ATTACK humanity, not DESTROY humanity. The goal was never to kill (all) the humans, the goal was to provide mankind with a unifying threat in a nigh-endless war for survival.
>Lelouche zero requiem intensifying
>>
>>94853450
Dragons takes place in Japan and is starring only Japanese characters, but is completely in English.
its a contrivance because its made for English speaking audiences
>>
>>94863641
>inb4 it turns out to be Blizzard's AMV of Cruel Angel's thesis
>>
>>94853851
>"Fall of Overwatch" short may shed some light on them.
be aware that some of these will probably be game modes. the whole England event set a good precedent and Kaplan has said they are open to single player stuff as well.
>>
>>94863406
Dva's rise to stardom as a MEKA pilot and the dark true behind everything would be neat. Maybe Lucio would make a appearance as well.
>>
>>94853671
oh the big boss is the obvious evil digital entity that caused the onmic crisis and pushed overwatch apart. it was basically a big red flag in Pharas comic
ill bet whatever that the big "arc" is that the entity will pop up again, reveal it self as the power behind Talon, that will fracture Talon, but then Overwatch all recently reformed shows up to put a stop to it.
>>
>>94862566
TF2 has interesting and well written characters
>>
>>94853148
Except for having good writing and dialogue
>>
>>94864828
Tf2 character's actual characterizations are from your imagination.

Which is good, but you're a damned liar if you call them "well written."
>>
>>94863821
>a bank
>not a train that also happens to have soldier in board.

You fucked up.
>>
File: 1484698333578.jpg (46KB, 750x555px) Image search: [Google]
1484698333578.jpg
46KB, 750x555px
>>94864609
I'm ok with that
>>
D.va's short reveals her tragic backstory that she's actually North Korean
>>
>>94862678
Well Heavy does have that degree in Russian Literature, and he is no stranger to some dark shit.
>>
>>94864862
>Tf2 character's actual characterizations are from your imagination.
TF2's actual characterizations are from their in game voice lines, SFM shorts and the comic

The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>94854109
>I'd fuck a girl
No you wouldn't. And you never will.
>>
>>94865060
>game voice lines
Not characterization.

>SFM shorts
Standard cliches. Not good.

>comic
Same as above.

Basically Overwatch does all that and more, and all wile being better written. What made TF2 stand out was the fanbase that developed over the years. They are the ones that actually characterized the characters. You only think TF2 had good characterization because you've also grownup alongside the TF2 fanbase.
>>
>Mei was only frozen for 9 years

Man, Jack and Ana did not age well.
>>
>>94853844
Isn't the final boss some sentient virus?
>>
>>94864939
>Parents killed
>adoptive father gets killed
>Hana drowns herself in Games and other shit
Is this Kino?
>>
>>94864609

I understand that to mean DVa's weeb idea for said AMV, which would work fine.
>>
>>94852334
In the land of hitboxes and critical blows, only the short survive
>>
Who deserves the next cinematic? And why is it mccree
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1280x800px
>>94865372
>>
File: Junker Leashes.png (365KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
Junker Leashes.png
365KB, 530x530px
>>94855432
Amnesia D.va as their MEKA Meowth would be amazing. Someone tries to insist that she's actually D.va and she'll be all like, "Are you saying all us Australians look alike?!"
>>
File: abfb5949e58488bdf9236b0720dcfd90.jpg (644KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
abfb5949e58488bdf9236b0720dcfd90.jpg
644KB, 960x1280px
r63 Skins when and why will Hanzo be best girl!?
>>
File: Junker Hentai Scenario copy.jpg (423KB, 1182x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Junker Hentai Scenario copy.jpg
423KB, 1182x1094px
>>94855854
Very nice.

>>94865372
McCree smokes. That sets a bad example for kids that might watch it.
>>
>>94865451
>She murders her brother Genji for not doing his part in the Shimada Clan.
> And for not being interested in her.
>>
>>94865504
why did i not see /co/ go straight to incest? Genji will also be female.
>>
>>94853122
I just want them to go and get on with the main plots involving the former OW members getting together, but instead we gotta hear about Bastion being cute in the forest with Torb, what the heroes do during the holidays and see animated versions of backstories we already know
>>
File: Blackwatch vs Jackwatch.png (297KB, 963x794px) Image search: [Google]
Blackwatch vs Jackwatch.png
297KB, 963x794px
>>94865542
>lost one of her tits when Hanza tried to kill her

Ouch.
>>
>>94865451
fuck off weeb
>>
>>94865579
>Hanza
Learn to Japsneeze friend. Her name would still be Hanzo.
>>
>>94863006
Was better than exposition frozen.
>>
>>94865372
Unironically Doomfist, big bad n black mother effer has a plan to kickstart a brand new world war against Omnics, hoping we can see some Orisa and OW intervention while Doomfist does his thing
>>
>>94865605
Honza?
>>
>>94865660
I'm still in shock disbelief they made a Black villain.

I mean, didn't they know about slaves?
>>
File: 1488957423079.jpg (759KB, 580x1555px) Image search: [Google]
1488957423079.jpg
759KB, 580x1555px
>>94865607
Eh, I think they're both equally at the bottom. I do prefer Infiltration, just because it has best girl on it.

It's Zarya.
>>
File: 1487101864388.jpg (151KB, 1059x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1487101864388.jpg
151KB, 1059x1500px
>>94865902
>>
Why was Mei even sad that snowball used up it's battery life to power the facility? We see later that she made a solar panel to power him back up, but even without that, if she was able to reach humanity again at all then she definitely would have been able to revive him.

I mean, she should probably just have gone "Oh shit, yeah, great idea snowball thank you."
>>
>Mei finds out her entire team fucking died
>she gets over it in half a day

WOW
>>
>>94864609
>Dva is revealed to be Shinji after hormone therapy
>blizzard Anno announces taking over Kaplan
>Anno says Overwatch is the canon continuation of Eva and it is Eva 4.0
>>
>>94866018
You and the other autists in the thread are stupid for not getting this.

She's not afraid of Snowball dying, she was AFRAID OF BEING ALONE. Ya know, like how she kept saying over and over?
>>
File: hold.png (897KB, 839x979px) Image search: [Google]
hold.png
897KB, 839x979px
>>94852334
I don't understand Overwatch. It's like if Nintendo stopped making any game except Smash Bros, but kept making and releasing cutscenes from those unmade games.

"Wow, this game looks pretty good!", we say, then remember all we have is Smash Bros. But at least we can see the characters make quips and punch eachother, I guess.
>>
>>94866079

That didn't really seem like the emotion being displayed there, she seemed to be more just wayyy too grateful for what snowball did as though it was a noble sacrifice or something.
>>
>>94865964
Oh shit, I didn't know Sombra x Zarya was a thing
>>
>>94866119
>as though it was a noble sacrifice or something

It was? Hope your getting autism bucks. If not, head out now while the autism is still fresh.
>>
>>94865143
So I'm going to assume english is your second language, because no native english speaker should need an english lesson that fucking bad.
Here, let me explain, "I would" means "If it was possible" as in "If it was possible for me to fuck a girl like that, I would."

Honestly Jorgé you should work on those english skills before trying to correct and insult someone.
>>
>>94865422
>Cinematic is 10 minutes of her blowing Genji in various areas.
>>
>>94856114
Anon, you're projecting way too hard. This is a youtube video, it's fucking free
>>
>>94852334
>>94852334
Shameless Chinese money pandering shit
>>
>>94866142

> It was?

Except it wasn't, Snowball wasn't damaged at all, so it's obvious that, in the instance where Mei survives, that she'd just be able to power him up again without any issues.

It's fine to be thankful for what it did, but it's not like it died, so there was really no need for Mei to get so emotional about it.
>>
>>94852334
This tells me nothing about her as character.
>>
>>94865902
Also, actual murder.
>>
>>94854249

>Also, the mention of the anomaly is... worrisome. Not just because we don't know what it is and that Mei thinks her data could save millions of lives, but that apparently no one else has been keeping tabs on it in the last 9 years.

There's been some implications that the Anomaly is a thing. They had been monitoring it for a while, and suddenly its behavior changed and dropped on them, cutting them off from the outside world.
>>
>>94866062
>Mei should've sulked there until she froze to death
This is why you're not a writer, anon
>>
>>94866334
>no need for Mei to get so emotional about it.

>Her last friend "dies" in front of her her.
>After all her other friends just died.
>To help her save the world.
>WOW SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN.

Literally autistic.
>>
>>94866535

Except it didn't die.

It ran out of battery power, I'm not saying she shouldn't feel emotion for a robot, I'm saying that SHE knows she could easily turn it back on if she's able to get out of the facility and find people.
>>
>>94866664
Key part was if.
>>
>>94866710

Still doesn't mean she should treat it as though it died.

I mean I can't even imagine it would have been that hard if all she needed to return to some kind of human settlement is that meagre little sled's worth of shit. But again, not really the point.

Hell, even if she did die, someone probably would have found the place anyway.
>>
>>94863060

The implication is that the blizzard was a lot longer than the team at the base predicted. They were cut off for a period of time long enough that they made the news.

Once the communications cut off, everyone assumed the people never did survive the blizzard.

That Mei got out of there alive nine years later was pure luck.
>>
>>94866062

There's a passage of time in the montage that is not explicit.

It's probably in there when that one person birthday hinted in the notes of the map took place.
>>
>>94856114
This makes sense. Like In a Heartbeat
>>
File: 1456789098767890.png (4KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1456789098767890.png
4KB, 493x402px
>>94863487
>hilarious robot racism antics
>Zenyatta being chill about the whole thing and not really struggling
>Genji eventually bursting in to raise hell on Junkrat and Roadie

Fund it.
>>
>>94863862
>>94864120
>>94864536
It's based on the idea that mankind achieves the greatest advancements during war due to pressure and necessity being applied to us.

It's been used successfully (Entertainment wise) in other works like Babylon 5 with the Shadow philosophy.
>>
>>94861474
More about the original making concessions, so it's not out of proportion when someone actually bothers to do that here on 4chan of all places it's like a nuke going off.
>>
>>94866860
It hurts that it'll never get made
>>
>>94853187
>U.S. Politics
>Unbiased. American.

There are so many different ways this is funny, and its killing me inside.
>>
>>94853418
Shuddup blackblood, you get the best part of the Hearthstone short.
>>
>>94867249
>It's based on the idea that mankind achieves the greatest advancements during war due to pressure and necessity being applied to us.
And that only makes sense if one applies the broken window fallacy to war.

That basically we only pay for science when we want to kill each other. And that somehow just straight paying for science WITHOUT killing, is somehow alien to humans.

War is basically a money pit. Everyone spend money to destroy things, and at the end of a war we lost all the resources but end up with some tech advancements. The only thing that war offers is a way to force money to be spent on science. More importantly, war is the only time when rich people were forced to pay taxes.

If we just have everyone pay taxes the way we always do during war time, there would not be a need for war to get tech advancements.

No one ever believe that trickle down economics would actually pay for a war economy.
>>
>>94855655
>The story will never make sense in-game simply because Talon and Overwatch members never have any reason to fight on the same team
Not true.

Since Blizzard is vague about the current state of affairs, its possible that that there's one group manipulating both sides.

As it stands there's clearly defined heroes, a few clearly defined villains, and a few that are in the middle and leaning towards one or the other. But since we don't even really get many good reasons what the importance of specific maps is, they can throw whatever plot they want into it.

The problem isn't villains and heroes on the same side, its heroes against heroes. There's basically no reason for Winston and Tracer for example to ever be on opposite teams.

But hey. Story/gameplay segregation to a degree. At least it isn't like Ghost In The Shell where the entire other team just look like the same guy with glowing red eyes.
>>
>>94860028
>Talon healer: Vampire. just a straight up omnic vampire that sucks life away from enemy players and throws health orbs to team mates.

>Talon Tank should have been doomfist. maybe an artillery based character that causes area damage with an ult that could one shot a whole team if aimed right.
>>
>>94866087
Here's the thing.

Metzen ran out of steam to keep making or working on games. He reached the point that Matt Groening did when Futurama started to come together out of scraps of unused Treehouse Of Horror ideas.

But unlike Groening, Metzen was unable to forge it all together into a complete idea, and was massively hampered by corporate bullshit.

Throw that on top of him half-assing and passing decision making off to others resulting in the mess that was Cataclysm and Heart Of The Swarm, and suddenly Blizzard needed a big win.

Metzen gave up, the team gathered what was left into a TF2 clone, and it was released. Metzen quit. Matt Ward was hired then thankfully fired before he could fuck anything up.

Blizzard has no plan forward for Overwatch because its an unfinished patchwork mess that just happens to work fairly well in its present state. So they're really going to have to make some decisions and plant some clues to where we're going instead of just filling in how we got here.
>>
>>94852398
>mei looks really fat

Is Skeletal your ideal body weight or soemthing?
>>
>>94862549
>God Tier
Last Bastion
>Great Tier
Hero
Dragons
The Plan
>Good Tier
Alive
The Museum One
Recall
Infiltration
>Meh Tier
Rise and Shine

None of them are particularly bad, but to be honest besides the action none of them are particularly good either. Bastion is god tier for me because I have a weakness for "robot gains emotions" stories, if not for that it probably would be in great tier.
>>
>>94868635

>But unlike Groening, Metzen was unable to forge it all together into a complete idea, and was massively hampered by corporate bullshit.

How involved even was Groening? I always got the impression that David X. Cohen was the driving force, and that the whole thing only worked because the writers and voice actors were interested in the possibilities of the new setting.
>>
>>94868635
>TF2 clone
>Plays nothing like TF2
>>
>>94852334
Are there any shorts with any of the attractive characters? Preferably ones that have good VA's too.
>>
>>94868711
Alive and Infiltration
>>
>>94868743
Thanks.
It's a bummer they don't feature the characters in more casual clothes.
>>
>>94864514
That's too much to bank of for a casual team vs game in which there is literally no Us vs Them component.
>>
>>94865476
>that comic
I vaguely remember that ending wholesomely
>>
>>94853938
>>94862456
Little quickie here in 3D paint because thats all I have on my laptop. Also I thought of a Fatshaming AI with a Scottish accent to bully Mei.
>Its 3 fucking am here and I can't sleep
>>
File: 1502600014535.jpg (3MB, 2810x3368px) Image search: [Google]
1502600014535.jpg
3MB, 2810x3368px
>fat acceptance
Fat people are the worst
>>
File: flour_sack_02.jpg (30KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
flour_sack_02.jpg
30KB, 500x266px
ignore
>>
File: 1473852838112.jpg (94KB, 719x729px) Image search: [Google]
1473852838112.jpg
94KB, 719x729px
>People actually falling for "boo-hoo :^(" type of short and think its good

dear god, go watch Junkertown
>>
File: 1410022687506.jpg (161KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1410022687506.jpg
161KB, 500x500px
>>94868635
Matt Ward works for Blizzard ?
>>
>>94870184
>Junkertown
>good
It's 10 minutes of Junkrat hamming about outside a door.
Neither of these are that good.
>>
I liked this one but Recall is still my favorite short
>>
>>94870221

nope

now metzen is getting involved with warhammer lately, he was participating on the las vegas open earlier this year during GS3 event

>He plays BA and Guard son
>>
>>94870259
Better than looking at this wasted great animation trying so hard to be emotional when you have 0 reasons to give a fuck about this characters
>>
>>94852398
I still stand by the theory that Mei was originally going to be thin with huge honkers like in her concept art, but after the fiasco with Tracer they chubbied her up to keep SJWs from complaining.
>>
>>94868872
She gets her Junker skin, yeah.
>>
>>94856114
are you being serious with this "muh millenials" shit I really can't tell
>>
>>94853258
This. I don't understand why they didn't just do that instead. Having international characters is part of OW's appeal anyway, doubt many would complain.
>>
>>94865902
Now I want to see Zarya give Sombra the Mountain treatment.

You know.

"Then I smashed her fucking head in. Like this."
>>
>>94858838
Well none of overwatchs story matters
>>
>>94853819
The Junkers would be the chaotic neutral side of the Overwatch world, basically doing their own thing and crossing paths with the other characters in different situations, but they do have a bigger connection due to the treasure that Junkrat found in the ruins of the Omnium in Australia
>>
>>94857306
>I mean, egads...just what in the fuck. How old are you??? You have to be incredibly young and inexperienced to type that. Goddamn.
Gazooks man! Your idea of a counterargument is just deplorable!
>>
>>94870303
It's a mistake to blame any specific incident.
They probably just noticed how it was the preferred headcanon of most fan artists. Being the marketing machine they are they quickly changed canon to fit fan perception.
>>
>>94858056
>"I've got an idea!"
Oh no.
>>
>>94871181
"Rat, why is it that you say 'I've got an idea!' in the same way that a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb!'"

"Oh, I've got some of them too, Roadie!"
>>
>>94862549
>>S tier
>The Last Bastion
I like the Iron Giant too, but that short sucked.
>>
>>94870303

Even in the original art she is significantly wider than other females.
>>
>>94866860
>"I am trying to tell you. I am Not Mondatta."
>"Yer...but that'd be wat that stinkin Mondy clanker would say if e was nabbed by people like us!"
>"...No it isn't."
>>
>>94854201
Fuck you
>>
>>94855850
""""""""""Chinese""""""""""
>>
>>94871363
>>94864181
A quick google search shows a lot of Chinese women with pale skin and brown hair. Is it because she has normal looking eyes instead of being a caricature?
>>
>>94864700
>dark truth
That female celebs in asia are basically disposable cum dumpsters for producers and investors?
>>
>>94871804
I wonder how many times she's had to play with a joystick her manager cam on before the match.
>>
>>94865218
>Man, Jack and Ana did not age well.
Even worse when you realise that Mei was already frozen during the events in Uprising
>>
>>94870221
He did for a few months.
>>
File: overwatch_dialogue.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch_dialogue.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>94863049
The difference is that the TF2 characters are actually fun and not bland.
>>
>>94865159
Bait or not I can't let this post stand unopposed. The voice lines in TF2 are incredible and ooze character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZ6GrRTgrM
>>
File: 1460339092128.jpg (72KB, 525x467px) Image search: [Google]
1460339092128.jpg
72KB, 525x467px
>>94865159
>You only think TF2 had good characterization because you've also grownup alongside the TF2 fanbase.
Trying to discredit someone by outright saying "you've got rose tinted glasses lol" ?

You are despicable
>>
>>94858589
you're exactly the "thicc memer" he speaks of
>>
T H I C C
>>
>>94871306
>Genji comes in to try and save the day
>Roadhog starts manhandling him
>"Master! I need healing."
>>
>>94853059

the game is still fun and they keep adding stuff without making you pay for it.
>>
File: 9C2Ng4e.jpg (21KB, 474x296px) Image search: [Google]
9C2Ng4e.jpg
21KB, 474x296px
>>94873798
>all those fat jokes levied at the heavy

would never pass today.
>>
>>94874260
Their development cycle is extremely slow, though. If you compare Class updates to Hero releases, TF2 was able to push out 3 class updates n the time it took them to release 1 hero. And that's not including the maps and game modes that came with those updates.
>>
File: 1449269094750.jpg (41KB, 576x463px) Image search: [Google]
1449269094750.jpg
41KB, 576x463px
>>94852334
I like the junkertown trailer more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0QGtk_AM0

Speaking of
http://www.gamesradar.com/overwatch-apologizes-to-australia-for-inappropriate-language-on-its-new-junkertown-map/
>>
>>94874307
>Ausies say Take Away instead of Take Out
Fucking weirdos
>>
>>94874294

I admit, it would be better if we could get more stuff faster.
Especially new maps.

But the devs will tell you that they're all about quality over quantity so they're careful to make every new stuff feel balanced with the old stuff
>>
>>94874394
Blizzard can't balance worth a shit. They're following the same cycle they did in WoW.

> New Release. It's powerful as shit and becomes a staple.
> New Release, last one was powerful as shit this one needs to suck.
> New Release. Alright, first one was too powerful, second one sucked, lets try to balance this one and it still come out too powerful.
> Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>94852334

>place is low on power
>all that shit is running instead of going into energy saving mode
>instead of just setting up a generator or a solar cell WHICH WAS SHOWN SHE HAS the robots tiny ass cell needs to power up the entire base

I know this is just nitpicking but it bothers me so much.
>>
>>94874284
it's ok, heavy is a hetero cis white christian male.
>>
>>94861506
In regards to the ice gun, it's perfectly clear the satellite is a slight breeze away from falling apart when Mei first looks at it. She created the ice gun to "glue" the broken parts down so she could climb safely.
>>
>>94865060
Can the same characterization not be drawn from the very same media in overwatch?
>>
>>94874450
Hey now Heroes of the Storm and hearthstone are well balanced

No I don't care about you say, Genji is not OP in HOTS.
>>
File: You Fat Cunt.png (65KB, 190x166px) Image search: [Google]
You Fat Cunt.png
65KB, 190x166px
>>94874498
>>
>>94861506
any and every sci fi story ever that uses some sort of cold sleep system is like this. they go to sleep and they didn't wake up in time or they had no set wake up date. the computer running everything only knows to keep them asleep until some sort of condition is meet to trigger a wake up. as power gets low the computer makes cold pragmatic decisions. Cutting off life support to one sleeper at a time to conserve energy for the rest.eventually something causes the last person/s to be awakened. They find out they have been asleep for much longer than they should have and they've been forgot about or assumed dead.

The heat had been turned off. Mei comments in mandarin on it being unexpectedly cold. Heat would have been the major power drain.
>>
>>94874687
Can't comment on HOTS, but

> Hearthstone
> New Expansion = Must buy or have a subpar deck.
>>
>>94860161
>red haired woman that either doesn't want to be there or doesn't want to be in group photo.
>blonde woman with glasses is probably head scientist and one of the people in charge.
>cute chubby chink. young and happy to be there.
>gay interracial couple. stupid yellow hat to tell you he isn't just black, but also from africa.
>kneeling chad in front. the other one charge.
>>
>>94874855
> New Expansion = Must buy or have a subpar deck.
Such is the nature of TCG
>>94874896
>stupid yellow hat to tell you he isn't just black, but also from africa.
What, and the guy looks like a Eskimo to me.
>>
>>94874896
Don't forget one of them is MacReady, who happens to be a sore loser when it comes to computer chess.
>"Cheating bitch..."
>>
>>94874855
try playing Clash Royale.
>>
>>94865159
Na man, all the TF2 chars are well written, all deeply flawed and all funny. Let me ask you this, whats's Mei's flaws? What're Tracers flaws? Oh right they have none, same with most other OW chars. Sure they may fix this over time, but TF2 had strong characterization right off the bat with the "meet the" shorts, which are far more clever than anything Blizz has released to date with one exception being the Bastion short.
>>
>>94875313
>Mei's flaws? What're Tracers flaws?
Um...their blind optimism?
>>
>>94865159
wow you're full of shit
>Tf2 character's actual characterizations are from your imagination.
>I think the SFM shorts and comics are not good so that means that it doesn't have characterization
> Overwatch does all that and more because I think so
>I like more overwatch than that other fucking game named TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!!!!!!
>You have your nostalgia glasses on , so it means you're wrong
>How do you even dare to compare it to Overwatch , the obviously superior game you filthy fucking casual BITCH !!!!!
>>
File: Mei.png (163KB, 845x488px) Image search: [Google]
Mei.png
163KB, 845x488px
>>
>>94853895
Health monitors don't really take nearly as much energy as sustained cryogenisis. So they could provide information but not actually do something about it.
If I had to guess, I'd say snowball rerouted all the power to meis pod to keep it running in case of an emergency.
>>
>>94853895
>something was wrong with the pods/this technology never should have been used in the first place.
new tech is bound to have a few hiccups before being perfected, just ask Reaper.
>>
>>94861506
>>Why does Mei build a cryogun solely to act as a glorified climbing assist? Could she not just lose weight?
Holy fucking kek
>>
English is her second language. She actually sounds better than a lot of people I know.
>>
SO HOW ABOUT THEM MERCY CHANGES
i think their interesting but mostly i know people are gonna shit themselves
>>
>>94874498

The base was struck by a blizzard that lasted a long time, the solar panels wouldn't have acomplished shit.

And everything was in energy saving mode, the base started rebooting shit when it picked up the emergency signal.

Think a little, instead of not at all.
>>
>>94854812
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPguoeYTvMI [Embed] [Remove]

>Now buy phatpacks or we'll dump your ass back out into the snow
>>
>>94878241
Don't know how to feel about it until I see it in action. It doesn't sound awful so far, but my faith in the changes they make to characters has been shaken lately. I do think she needed some altering though. Making her invincible while ulting ended up being too large of a buff and it's always been annoying that sitting back and hiding until she can use her ult has been a legitimate, and expected strategy. It was especially a pain in the ass on maps like Anubis where she could literally hide in spawn.
>>
>>94870620
I did wonder why Mei was talking to herself in English instead of Mandarin.
>>
>>94863406
Ana and Jack reminisce about their time as part of the original strike team.
>>
>>94852972
I WANT TO BE THAT TOOTHBRUSH
>>
>>94865372
It's Zenyatta before he met Genji, so we finally learn more about Zen that isn't hurr durr gonjo depress :(
>>
>>94853080
Because it's a dead game and no one fucking plays it

OW is a meme. It's garbage for children, autists, and child autists (and women)

It's a bad game with maybe 10,000 total players, that's why so many pros have dropped it. It's stupid SJW pandering that killed it and shit game design
>>
>>94852334

Who do you ship with Mei?
>>
>>94871306
>Clanker
Captain Rat of the 501st when
>>
>>94853507
What do YOU think ;^)

t. Chu
>>
>>94878543
Ben and Jerrys and a vibrator lubed with tears
>>
>>94873752
>characters need to insult and hate eachother because bantz lol

also storywise only medic and heavy are actually interesting characters.
>>
>>94878517
That's bullshit and you know it. Everyone and their mother plays Overwatch, in many cases literally.
>>
>>94854986
Thick is a meme created by fat roasties and beta orbiter pervs

No one actually likes MEME fatties
>>
>>94863049
>didn't you describe a shitty game while comparing it to the actually good game that it ripped off?
Yes, I did. TF2 is good, OW is bad (just in case you didn't know)

Fucking autist kys immediately
OW is trash, no one is even fucking play ing it

>it takes 5 minutes to find a Quick Play game even at peak hours on weekends
Hmmm, it sounds like this memegame died out 2 years ago.
>>
File: 1496542440138.jpg (3MB, 1920x2813px) Image search: [Google]
1496542440138.jpg
3MB, 1920x2813px
CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT HOW I WANT Sombra TO PUT HER Taco ON MY Face
>>
>>94871300
And she's wearing thick winter clothing, meaning you can tell fuck all about her body type.
>>
File: 83jJdtv.jpg (32KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
83jJdtv.jpg
32KB, 350x263px
>>94878543
>>
>>94878517
Overwatch, as of last (pretty recent) count, has over thirty million players.
>>
>>94852814
More likely she walked until she was in transmission range.
>>
>>94878686
Pretty sure there's a quest on akun with a chapter or two pretty much designed for you. Talk about it there.
>>
>>94853363
I think you hit the nail on the head right there.

Although it might be because it's fresh on my mind, but I think the Junkrat and Roadhog short should be rated higher. It honestly did more with less.
>>
>>94878667
lol
>>
>>94878768

I'm talking about the blue top concept art, btw.

She has thick arms, and her waist/hip ratio is not that far from thr final model.

The difference between the two are the gigantic tits (and mind you, in-game Mei is still really big).
>>
>>94878862
Eh, it was alright. But it relied a bit too much on wacky screaming. Best thing about it was Junkrat's movements.
>>
>>94878799
>w-we're actually very popular!
t. Blizzard

I'll trust them when they actually release numbers instead of pulling shit out of their ass. I wouldn't be surprised if the playerbase was in the 4-figure range
>>
>>94878805

According to her blog/diary, she reached one of the permanent artic stations and stayed there refining the gear (and recovering from accidentally freezing her own arm).
>>
>>94878392
no yeah, i think the intention is to make her more proactive over all and her new ult incentives that. and she can still rez but selectivly.
i do wonder how long her ult is supposed to last in a 10 seconds cool down on rezing will mater.
id almost say that giving her like three rez charces that have a long refill that gets shortened with the ult would be better would be better
>>
>>94878973
are you delusional? they release more numbers than any other gaming company and the only one that really matters is the money that rolls in which was over a billion in profit last may
>>
>>94878543
junkrat, meihem is the best ship
>>
Question: Why is suspension of disbelief so important? Sure in the real world there'd be a variety of existing concerns that would keep something like what happens to the team and base from ever possibly occurring. But the short takes place in a fictional world with a narrative to tell.

I mean no one is asking how she invented some bullshit ice gun, why does that not ruin the short but all these other concerns do?
>>
>>94880403
Suspension of disbelief isn't grounded in our reality. It's based on the established universe. In Overwatch's universe we've already been introduced to insane bullshit technology like robots, intelligent apes, and healing rays. Therefore it's not hard for us to accept that she was able to build some bullshit ice ray.

On the other hand, it was established that this was an important research station and the team was shown having no concerns about freezing themselves, leading us to believe that the technology was reliable, and maybe even casual. So it seems weird that they weren't worried at all about getting into chambers that killed most of them and kept the last on ice for way longer than anticipated. And it also seems weird that no one would have ever bothered to investigate a supposedly important research base.
>>
>>94880769
Flying is casual
Doesn't mean airline accidents just don't happen.

And Watchpoint seems like a pretty major Overwatch base that wasn't ransacked by the Feds.
>>
>>94881005
Yeah but in this scenario it's like if a major airline had five airliners simultaneously crash and a sixth has major engine failure.
>>
>>94881265
Okay where is the specific line at which technical failure becomes too much technical failure. Like how many wires can be fried before we go 'naw that couldn't EVER happen, this is completely ruined for me'.

I mean it's their lore why can't they have it malfunction as they see fit to carry a narrative?
>>
File: tf2_comic_soldier_honey.png (523KB, 431x726px) Image search: [Google]
tf2_comic_soldier_honey.png
523KB, 431x726px
>>94878582
You are so wrong.
>>
>>94853059
>People still give a damn about x still?

Stay on your side of 4chan, /v/.
>>
>>94879713
My nigga.
>>
>>94866138

It's been a thing since that short.
>>
>>94882975
/co/ needs to learn to just not take the bait instead of blaming /v/ and /pol/ for their shitposts.
>>
>>94881265
It is plausible that the same issue could account for all of the problems as it's clearly one interlinked system. It's like if the same autopilot program was controlling six airplanes simultaneously and five of them crash, with the sixth ending up off course.
>>
>>94870289

LOL you salty fuck go away.
>>
>>94880769

>And it also seems weird that no one would have ever bothered to investigate a supposedly important research base.

Overwatch was disbanded mere two years after they froze themselves.

And the storm lasted long enough that they ran low on rations (only four days of food left for six people).

Add to that the fact that there was a complete communications black out, and the logical conclussion is that the team died.

Nobody was going to bother going back. Too much shit was going on in the outside world.
>>
Bei
>>
>>94884479
i'd kidnap her and just breed her until she mind breaks and accepts her role as my property.
>>
>>94884942
>freezes you cock
>Breaks it off

Mei is fucking evil, kid
>>
File: IMG_9567.jpg (503KB, 2025x3183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9567.jpg
503KB, 2025x3183px
>>94884942
>>94884991
>implying she wouldn't rape you
>>
>>94863862
I WILL REALIZE BIG BOSS'S VISION OF THE FUTURE
>>
>>94863316
Actuality, they are, Team Fortress classic told them they were the weakest mercenary team
>>
>>94885122
this
Mei is a goddess and made to be on top and worshipped, willingly or not
>>
My biggest gripe with Blizzard's overwatch stuff is how...Disney it is. It's so squeaky clean and upbeat even when it's trying to be dark. The characters feel more like mascots than fully formed characters. I was really hoping for something on par with the characterization you see in TF2 but everything so far feels so schlocky.
>>
>>94863406
Zarya and Lucio fighting Sombra and Symm
>>
>>94863406

Efi and Orisa fuck around in Numbani with Lucio and or whoever else.
>>
>>94863337
>>94886373
This does not make them TF2 rejects. They are the stars of TF2, they were not rejected as the main characters of the series.

When people call the Overwatch characters TF2 rejects, they don't mean that within the lore of TF2 they'd be shitty mercenaries, they mean they wouldn't make the cut to be in the game.
>>
>>94865731
Talos is pretty "diverse", a mexican, a half-mexican, a frenchie and an african
>>
>>94883254
Salty because...?
>>
>>94855100
I'm glad she's in there, we're out here, you're the sherrif and it's high noon.
>>
>>94855655
>implying blizzard thought that out ahead of time
>>
>>94878667
>5 minutes to find a Quick Play
>ow fans said paladins had no players when it had 3 minute queues
Huh.
>>
>>94887112
What I want to know is, where's the payload?
>>
File: 1465344357979.jpg (249KB, 1000x1331px) Image search: [Google]
1465344357979.jpg
249KB, 1000x1331px
This old thread still knows a few tricks
>>
>>94853187
Yeah, but what's their tax policy?
>>
File: f4f.jpg (66KB, 721x723px) Image search: [Google]
f4f.jpg
66KB, 721x723px
>>94863406
Captain Amari dancing
>>
>>94887866
>no Reinhardt short yet
Absolutely fucking criminal
>>
>>94885122
Full pic?
>>
>>94858768
Wait hol up
Is that Spy in the hoodie?
>>
>>94889878
>The only man equipped to take on the Omnic menace. A serial sapper. Jack the Ripper like stories spread through the Omnic communities of the Man of Many Faces.
>>
>>94865451
>>
>>94878543
>>
>>94870259
>10 minutes

I thought that short was only like 3 mintues. Did I miss something?
>>
>>94860161
Is the guy kneeling down in front the same guy who was talking to Mei at the beginning of the short?

I wonder if they had some sort of relationship?
>>
>Overwatch comes out
>Mei is thin and has huge tits
>Tumblr complains
>Blizzard makes her fat
>>
>>94892158
>Tumblr

You mean thousands upon thousands of THIIIIIIIIIIIIC gentleman?
>>
>>94892158

She was never thin. She's not the landwhale that Tumblr was, and never will be, but she's not thin.

Even in the original concept art you can tell that she's got some fat on her.

Her waist in the concept art is significantly wider than other females'.

The most the 3D model did was tone down her boobs a bit (not a whole lot, they are still the biggest in the cast).
>>
>>94852972
>>94853038
>>94853055
>>94853187
>>94853252
She looks just like my ex (who was Caucasian). Same type of hair, level of thiccness, glasses, WHAT THE HELL

>>94874746
Fucking kek
>>
File: lets get hulks opinion.jpg (87KB, 576x751px) Image search: [Google]
lets get hulks opinion.jpg
87KB, 576x751px
>>94865902
>>
>>94876837
Someone programmed a hierarchy of who got sacrificed to save others?
Imagine being tasked with programming that decision in. Watching one of the ecopoint scientists agonizing over that would have made an interesting short.
>>
this one was boring
>>
>>94865218
Hey, running a worldwide peace-keeping force is stressful work.
>>
>>94852334
How does she not freeze to death at the end? Does she even know where shes going?
>>
you faggots care way too much about Mei's weight i swear to god some of you really do belive in a SJW boogyman
>>
>>94868635
>matt ward
The WH40k guy?
>>
>>94852334
Why does she keep telling her thoughts loud? Talk alone is so stupid
>>
>>94852972
Looks like a Riley's Mom from IO when she was younger.
>>
>>94885122
Goddamn it I've tried looking for the full thing, but I just cant find it. Gimme a clue, eh?
>>
>>94900658
Some spanish dude
Thread posts: 503
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.