[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be Cool Scooby Doo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

In retrospect, this was one of the better cartoons in past few years.
And now that I've watched the entirety of Mystery Inc, I'd say Be Cool Scooby Doo was the better series by a wide margin. I've had this same opinion for a while but people kept saying how great Mystery Inc was so I kept on it until the end to see if the overarching mystery would redeem it somehow, but it doesn't.

The problem most people have with BCSD is artstyle and I concede that Mystery Inc has better art and general world-building overall. Crystal Cove was pretty neat with all the spooky locations/setpieces like the radio station on the hill, the funfairs, the gothic themed burger places, roller derbies etc. But in virtually every other area BCSD is better.

First of all, the writing. The writing in Scooby Doo shows have historically been poor, villains inexplicably have access to high grade, high tech disguises that are able to fool people in their universe, and solutions to mysteries are not presented with the precedence of evidence or foreshadowing. The problem is amplified in Mystery Inc in particular because it's TRYING to be mature and realistic but doesn't solve these basic problems first. A related problem is bringing in thoroughly debunked, new agey shit like Nibiru into the mix and expecting us to take it seriously. In short, it tries to venture into realism/mature territory but refuses to fully commit to it. So you have robot gargoyles whose claws can slice through steel and we can't suspend our disbelief despite it's a kids show with a talking dog.
>>
File: Crystal_Cove_Spook_Museum[1].png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_Cove_Spook_Museum[1].png
2MB, 1920x1080px
BCSD on the other hand doesn't try to be mature but even if it did, the scenarios presented in the mysteries would still be more realistic and believable. The first 10 episodes at least draw upon real myths and legends based on historical fact. The gags, even though sometimes immature, are rapid fire and actually amusing sometimes. There's actually GOOD chase music when the gang are running away from villains. It feels like a show with smart writers trying to be dumb, as opposed to Mystery Inc where it feels like a bunch of dumb writers trying to be mysterious.

Pity most people won't give BCSD a chance based on artstyle alone and don't look further than that.
>>
>>94851631
>>94851647
>inb4 "post this on your blog"
We need more threads like this.

But I have to disagree with you, OP. I don't think SDMI broke my suspension of disbelief once, and it sounds like you want a non-fiction story with a talking dog? I mean, "thoroughly debunked", "real myths and legends"? Really?

(And in terms of non-story changes, there's also Velma's VA being replaced. Just... why?)
>>
BCSD is underrated but MI was the better series.

Still prefer Where Are You and the first two mook films.
>>
Be Cool is my favorite Scooby
>>
File: lucky for you.gif (4MB, 698x376px) Image search: [Google]
lucky for you.gif
4MB, 698x376px
>>94852133
There's a lot more romantic tension between Shaggy and Scoob in BCSD.
>>
Good quality torrents for this show are pretty difficult to find. I don't have access to BTN or any other private trackers.
>>
>>94852420
Season 1 1080i: https://mega.nz/#F!0ksxiZyb!2Y3aRmoauc5PVlUr0d-hSQ
Season 2 E1-6,8-15 1080i: https://mega.nz/#F!UeJjEYzT!aecM0PT6QJMfHi0mvb7sSw

Low Quality Season 2 E7, 16
https://mega.nz/#F!RbxhDbaA!1jNUzWb_0rVP04zqIWNIlA
>>
>>94852589
Wow thanks.
>>
>>94852420
For cartoons just join the Kametsu forums, everything is on there in MEGA
>>
Daphne in swimsuit when?
>>
>executives went full retard with the show

Fuck Cartoon Network, they had solid gold and did nothing with it. Bunnicula is in the same fucking boat as this, they're both great shows horribly mishandled. All their best shows aren't even originals

>Sonic Boom
>Teen Titans Go!
>Justice League Action
>Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
>Bunnicula
>Wabbit
>The Tom and Jerry Show

What the fuck happened to this fucking company?
>>
Be cool is honestly my favourite Scooby show. It's fantastically witty and all the jokes catch me way off guard because of how cheap and crappy the animation is.

Plus the show doesn't pretend to be more than it is. They know the plots are literally the same every time, but they still manage to get some nice actually life into each episode
>>
>>94853513
Ceo is shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.