[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK /co/ so who's the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

OK /co/ so who's the best?
>>
CN was from 1998-2006
Nick held the title for like the entirety of the 90s
Disney only appeals to small children
>>
you can't beat old school cn
>>
>>94851126
Nick>Disney>>>>CN
>>
>>94851161
Adult swim>Nick>Disney>CN
>>
>>94851126
Nick
CN is 90% TTG now, and I only watch Disney for the Phineas and Ferb.
>>
>>94851215
Are you gay?
Why do you not watch gravity falls or star vs?
>>
Of those three? None. Disney XD is the only decent one.
>>
>>94851251
Gravity Falls is over, and Star Vs only appeals to shippers/fujos.
>>
>>94851297
But its still on schedule
>>
>>94851126
are we talking currently or all time peak?
>>
>>94851327
Currently and everything that they have done in the past
>>
>>94851126
In the 90s

CN (loved the Hannah Barbera, MGM, and Warner Bros shows) >Disney (Disney Afternoon was awesome) >Nick (didn't really like Nick with the exception of Rocko and Ren and Stimpy)

In the 2000s

CN (they had Justice League, Teen Titans, Brave and the Bold, Duck Dodgers, Tom and Jerry and Scooby reruns, Eds, PPG) > Nick (They atleast had SpongeBob) > Disney Channel (meh cartoons and awful sitcoms, though House of Mouse was god-tier)

2010s

> CN (Teen Titans Go!, Young Justice, Looney Tunes Show, Wabbit, Mystery Incorporated, The Tom and Jerry Show, Gumball and Regular Show are all great shows for the decade) > Disney (love Mickey Mouse cartoons, Wander Over Yonder, Gravity Falls, and the new DuckTales show) > Nick (it sucks, but Tuff Puppy was awesome and SpongeBob is getting amazing again)
>>
File: Playlist_2.png (367KB, 976x876px) Image search: [Google]
Playlist_2.png
367KB, 976x876px
>>94851126

The best
>>
CN>Disney>Nick
People bitch about Teen Titans Go all the time right now on CN, but Nick's been the Spongebob channel for the past decade. Not to mention half the cartoons on it have been drowned out completely by Dan Schneider's live action shit.
>>
>>94851491
Oh, and the good cartoons on Disney have all been pushed to fucking XD for the past 5 years, like what the fuck? GF, Star Vs, Wander over Yonder, all pushed to XD.
>>
Cartoon Network at its best is absolutely top of the class, contest.
>>
>>94851126
Disney XD
>>
>>94851491
This. When you dig through the garbage, CN has the best shows out of the 3 including TAWOG, AT, SU, SVTFOE, WBB, etc.

Even during the shit years of CN Real^Tm they had good shit like Chowder and Flapjack still playing.
>>
>>94853684
Disregard STVFOE but still
>>
>>94851126
Disney XD.
>>
Fox Kids, for X-Men, Spiderman, and Eek! The cat.
What is this place anyway? How long have I been asleep
>>
Teletoon don't even try argue
>>
CN

Some of Nick's live action held the channel down
>>
>>94854663
He said best, not worst moron.
>>
what was the Disney Channel aside from a being a vehicle for Classic Disney Movies/Shorts?
>>
>>94851126
None are.

They all have shifted focus from content quality to mass-appeal and, in doing that, are destroying cartoons by lowering the bar.
>>
>>94851126
All time
CN>Disney>Nick
90's
CN>Nick=Disney
2000-2005
Nick>CN>Disney
2006-2010
shit>>>>>>CN>=Nick>>>>>>Disney
2010-2015
CN>Disney XD>>>>>Nick
Now
Disney XD>Nick>>>CN

Can't prove me wrong faggots.
>>
>>94853684
>Cumball
>AT
>SU
>We Bore Bears
LMAO
>>
>>94851297
phineas and ferb is over too though
>>
>>94851425
>forgetting about all the Marvel shows before Disney bought them
>>
What cartoons does Disney Channel even have anymore? The only one /co/ gives a shit about is Star Vs, and that's only on a premium channel.
>>
>>94856525
Disney Channel is totally irrelevant to the conversation. I think he means XD.

>The only one /co/ gives a shit about is Star Vs,
Well, that's currently airing. Plenty cared about PaF, WoY and GF. Also there's Ducktales and Milo Murphy's Law has it's fans
>>
>>94851425
>"Tuff Puppy was awesome"
>DudleysCartoonGang
You are everywhere today, aren't you Mark?
>>
>>94851126
Well, Disney has Ducktales, Nick has Ren and Stimpy, and CN have amazing shows today. So, I don't fucking now.
>>
Kids WB
>>
File: e93.jpg (24KB, 680x419px) Image search: [Google]
e93.jpg
24KB, 680x419px
>>94854975
>Didn't even think of mocknames for AT and SU
>>
>>94851142
one saturday mornings. C'mon dont tell me you didnt like recess.
>>
>>94851126
>Dsney
I used to like it when I was a child, but I stopped watching it when they shafted all their good cartoons to Disney XD.

>Nickelodeon
Watched a lot of Nick when I was young because I liked SpongeBob. I don't have the channel anymore, but it's not much of a loss because they only have 2 shows I like that I can easily find online.

>Cartoon Network
I watched CN a lot from 2010-2016, but I stopped watching because of Teen Titans Go overrunning the network.

So yeah, they all suck.
>>
File: Polyarc.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Polyarc.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
They show cartoons on TV?
>>
File: 13-nights-halloween.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
13-nights-halloween.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
Out of the way losers.
>>
>>94858863
TV still exists!?
>>
>>94858784
Steven Pooniverse
Animation Crime
there
>>
>>94851126

I have very fond memories of CN, with Nick as runner up. And I remember watching some stuff on Disney, but not enough to make it compete with the others.
>>
>>94851126
I don't like the cheap style of CN and ADHD pacing/ voice acting.
>>
File: ss (2017-01-04 at 12.28.39).png (64KB, 182x165px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-01-04 at 12.28.39).png
64KB, 182x165px
>>94851126
>>94851142
Right now nobody is winning, i think most of their traditional target audience has mainly moved to other forms of entertainment besides cable tv and there just isn't enough money in the business of children's cartoons to draw in or fund any real talent and the lack of audience means there's no real inspiration to really try. I'm not sure the niche these channels and shows occupied will be there at all in another 10 years. I think kids are plenty happy with watching shitty for-kids youtube videos and playing shitty ipad games and when they are finally old enough to know any better they'll move on to netflix and consoles. Or maybe with time and increase in popularity the bar will slowly be demanded to raise as apps and kids entertainment on youtube stops being this new thing and is just the norm. We'll have to go through the slow raising of the bar of quality in entertainment for children that was say with tv.
>>
It's funny how in the early 2010s CN was one of the best networks while Nick ran planet sheen spongebob and fann boy and chum chum and was seen as shit rightfully so has kind of flipped. Now Nick is giving other shows air time and producing quality content as well as giving a lot of older series tv movies while CN is nuking all of its good shows and replacing them with TTG reruns and a couple of other meh to shit shows.
>>
>>94859246
OK KO has a lot of potential and the new Ben 10 has little adult appeal but all my nephews fucking love it.
>>
>>94851126
nick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfD5EkQA6x4
>>
>>94851189
as has nothing to do with this thread
>>
Nickelodeon until '98

CN until 2007

Disney never had the title but was decent in the 90s until zoog fucked it all
>>
File: 1474580684020.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1474580684020.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>94859648
What the fuck did I just listen to?
>>
>>94860479
very early 90's was okay for Disney, then they had Loyd in Space which was pretty good, and Kim Possible. But other than that it's been pretty bland or targeted towards very young people.
>>
Nickelodeon today is dead but the old one was really good same with old cartoon network and is the best of the three today, disney is a classic but by far the most pc and so not as great.
>>
Nick currently has the strongest lineup with Welcome to the Wayne, The Loud House, and looks real strong with the upcoming Hey Arnold and Rocko movies.

Cartoon Network is just 99% Teen Titans Go or OK KO, or zombie shows that have long since lost their spark like Adventure Time and Steven Universe.

Disney isn't even a real animation channel anyway. They had a brief strong period when they had PnF, Gravity Falls, and Star together, but corporate greed got these shows put into their shitty premium channel anyway and they get shit ratings.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.