[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so wrong with Arrow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: arrow.jpg (173KB, 1900x900px) Image search: [Google]
arrow.jpg
173KB, 1900x900px
Well /co/? Most people around here seem to hate the show, but very few actually say why? What's wrong with it?

The only things that really piss me off are
> Dinah Lance dead instead of being Ollie's reason for living
> Little sister is speedy

Your thoughts?
>>
>>94849861
>forced drama out of the writers' asses
>felicity bulshit
>dumb characters' motivations
>Oliver is being a crybaby
Lots of things went wrong. I really wish they've kept the way 1st season were made.
>>
File: Rebirth Green Arrow.jpg (390KB, 975x1336px) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth Green Arrow.jpg
390KB, 975x1336px
>>94849861
>Writers clearly want to write a Batman show instead of Green Arrow given how out of character Oliver is
>Shit tier CW brand teen drama taking the forefront
>Recycled plots centering around "You lied to me!" and a overuse of pointless island flashbacks
>Black Canary suffering and Felicity cancer
This isnt a show about Green Arrow, its another terribly written teen drama with comic elements painted over it. This is as much a Green Arrow adaptation as Fan4stic was for F4. Flash and LoT are also shit too
>>
>>94849861
Laurel was a terrible Black Canary so I don't really care that she's dead
>>
>>94849905
>>94849947

Alright then, how would you fix it?

inb4
>make it more like the comics

Be specific.
>>
>>94850271

I definitely agree with that. Black Canary is a tough chick. Laurel was kind of a pussy.
>>
File: willa_holland_thong_ass.jpg (91KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
willa_holland_thong_ass.jpg
91KB, 600x640px
>>94849861
>Little Sister is speedy
But she's best girl
>>
>>94850337
Oh shit is that her?
>>
>>94849861
Is Felicity still part of the show? I haven't watched it in a while but kinda stopped partially because of that.
>>
>>94850275
Cancelling it would make it 10 times better.
>>
>>94849861
It's written like a Batman show without any of the gothic stylisation that makes Gotham City interesting.

So that leaves a pretty boring dour crime series with a generic city setting and not enough budget to really do the comics justice.

Add to that pandering to shippers and you've got a recipe for a show that only bored housewives can really get invested in.
>>
>>94850275
this>>94851091. There comes a point where starting over is the best option, just look at fucking Iron Fist. Really the entire CW DC verse should be scrapped and start fresh. If you want a Green Arrow show, make Oliver likable, and touch on his liberal outlook without going full SJW
>>
>>94849861
I recall one scene from season 1 that, to me, encapsulates problem with this show.
In one episode, Diggle and Ollie have to take down a former CO of Diggle from Iraq. Diggle doesn't believe the guy is guilty, but it turns out he is! Thus everyone learns a lesson about trusting your allies more than your past.
What's the problem then? Well, very NEXT episode, Team Arrow starts to suspect that Oliver's mother might be a bad guy - and Ollie absolutely and completely denies any chance of that.
That is despite exact same situation being literal plot of the last episode.

Basically what I mean, is that all character development seems to happen in a void, where it will randomly occasionally get reset to some nebulous 'status quo' versions of the characters as the plot requires. Ollie doesn't kill, unless he does, and so on. Lessons are learned, but only when it's convenient for the plot.

For a story where entire premise is supposed to be character development - that we're supposed to observe the path from a gritty "Hood" vigilante to Green Arrow the superhero - that's a lethal flaw.
>>
>>94851131
You could even go into some of the SJW stuff, as long as you have some characters call him out on his hypocrisy. He is still a rich white guy, owner of a big company, while there are poor and homeless people in the city he could help. You could make him do some virtue signalling nonsense, like insisting on having a black guy and women on the team to be progressive, as long as someone eventually tells him off for being a cunt who doesn't actually care, but just wants to look like he does.
>>
File: Caity Ass.jpg (185KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Caity Ass.jpg
185KB, 1600x900px
>>94850296
Laurel had JUST gotten to a good character again when they killed her off.

I still prefered Sarah though
>>
>>94849861
Guggenheim.
>>
>>94851279

I just finished watching 5 seasons of the show, and I don't recall that screen grab from any of it. Was that a crossover episode?
>>
File: Arrow Season 4.jpg (107KB, 956x813px) Image search: [Google]
Arrow Season 4.jpg
107KB, 956x813px
>>94849861
>Most people around here seem to hate the show
Not really.

Anyway, the answer to your question, is that Berlanti left the series once he did all the storylines he wanted, leaving it at the hands of Marc Guggenheim.

Guggenheim's positive quality is that he listens to fan feedback.
Guggenheim's negative quality is that he listens to fan feedback.

That resulted in the terrible Arrow Season 4, built upon feedback from Felicity-loving tumblrinas, with bullshit hacking magic and underpaid actors. See, the tumblrinas figured out they had to spam on Uncle Guggie's twitter to give him the appearance of massive fan support. Slowly, the redditors figured that out too, resulting in a horde of whiny counter-tumblrina posters convincing Guggie to change the direction for Season 5. Although it ended up better than the previous few seasons, the series' reputation has already been ruined by Season 4.
>>
>>94850275
Recognize that Green Arrow is a swashbuckling character; the adventure is the appeal. The setting is modern, but it should feel more in the vein of the first Pirates of the Caribbean film than (a poor attempt at) a gritty crime thriller.
>>
>>94849861
I quit watching when the show became about Felicity and I've never gone back.
>>
>>94851379
Its from Legends of Tomorrow.
>>
>>94851544
it's from the episode that they kill Felicity, ie best timeline
>>
Just watch arrow season 5 it was better than the flash season 3 they killed of Felicity but you have to wait to see that until season 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25eZwRNYsh0
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.